• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@ DMG about heimer lack of top tierness...get at JiggaJake

get on my ELO level...oh wait...
What PLEASE Heimer Garb

Alright Brett that sounds like a pretty good start. I would use Clarity and Teleport on Heimer. Teleport works with his turrets too, so if you have them set up a bit further in your lane than your tower, you can teleport back to them instead of the tower. Clarity is pretty obvious since he uses up Mana quite a bit, and it is fairly useful early game if you have a partner or two pushing a tower after fighting off an opponent or two when they might be kinda low on Mana. Teleport is useful for Heimer because he's slow even with boots on, and because you want to keep up farming/hold your lane the best you can. If you see one lane struggling a bit, you can teleport over to their side, assist them, and work your way back to your lane or have people start roaming for ganks. If you don't wanna use Teleport, another pretty safe alternative is Heal or Rally. They nerfed Rally some IIRC recently, but it does work with your turrets and minions and can make you extremely hard to push against even later on in the game. I'd stick with Clarity and Teleport though.

As for item builds, here's what I try to aim for. First item Sapphire Crystal and two HP pots. Another alternative is Doran's Ring and a single HP pot. Doran's gives you 120 Health, tad of AP even though that early in the game 10 AP changes nothing really, and some mana regen (every minute you get 60 mana, every 5 seconds 5 mana). Crystal gives you 200 extra mana, and the extra health pot will compensate over time for the extra health Doran's gives you. Now once you get enough money, 925 gold to be exact, you get Catalyst the Protector. (You can also wait for 350 more gold on top of that, to get Boots 1. Heimer is kinda slow and every bit of movement speed can help, but only do this if you are really farming well) This gives you quite a bit of Mana and Health, AND as you level up it restores 300 Health and 250 Mana. This allows you to lane A LOT easier. It can also save your butt from a gank as that half health Heimer now becomes a lot harder to take down with 300 Health and extra mana magically given to him. Now once you have Catalyst, the first "big" item you want IMO is Rod of Ages. The item is perfect for Heimer: Health, Mana, AP. It scales with time, so the sooner you can get that item the better.

After getting boots, almost ALWAYS you want to upgrade them into Merc Treads. Magic Resist, reduced duration of slows/stuns/snares/stuff that will fu***** kick your squishy *** lol. Some people get sorcerers, Merc treads is almost a staple on every character in the game nowadays because of the amount of CC people have. So those are the boots to aim for, and yes you should get them every game no excuses.

For other items, the general idea is that you want some health, quite a bit of AP but nothing like a AP maniac, Mana/Regen, and Cooldown Reduction assuming you don't have that much from runes or masteries yet. Stuff like Archangels Staff, Frozen Heart, Zhonya's Ring, etc are generally safe pics. Priority order I think would be RoA>Archangel's>Zhonya's (Void Staff if they stack MR)>Void Staff>Frozen Heart.

Overall items should be something like this:
Crystal + 2 HP pots
Catalyst (and boots 1 if you have the gold)
Optional: Tear of Goddess (builds into Archangels staff and increases your Mana, which allows you to take advantage of archangels staff as well as having a ****load of Mana anyways)
Merc Treads or RoA (if you don't have the full money for RoA, Blasting Wand builds into it so get that along with Merc Treads. If you can get only 1 of those two, get Merc over Blasting Wand)
Sell Tear of Goddess and buy Archangel's Staff (Tear builds into Staff, however the bonuses also transfer over so to refresh the bonus cap you have to sell the tear. You don't lose that much gold overall and it is worth it to assure you get the most out of the staff.)

From here, asess the situation: What do you need the most? More Magic resist/more protection against spells? Banshee's. More AP or Magic Penetration? Void Staff/Abyssal/Zhonya's Ring. Want a combination of AP, Cooldown Reduction, Burst, and Mana Regen? Deathfire Grasp. Want to have Slow or more HP? Rylai's. A safe bet is Zhonya's usually.

You want to focus on Movement, Mana/Regen, AP, Magic Resist, Health, and some Cool Down. Anything not covered there is generally useless for Heimer. There are some exceptions, or items that give you bonuses in "other" stats while still being good like Frozen Heart, but for the most part stick to improving those areas and you will be fine.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Flarble Garble Garble

Corrected for you Dphat

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Yup ^^! Jus commit to unpunishable move strings and u won't get hit...or dont commit to stuff that's easily punished by shield. If they spotdodged and u got hit...get *****

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
dont know when the next time ill come out is, but make sure you know the falco Mu a bit better.

Denti

Smash Master
dont know when the next time ill come out is, but make sure you know the falco Mu a bit better.
i already do, i know every MU solid. just MK is olimar's worst MU.. being 65-35.. it really sucks when the MK knows the MU very well. but we'll MM when you get here, I've improved over the last 2 months, you'll see ;D

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Dang u both cleanup good
I wish there was like sum... Smash awards or sumthin and it was all red carpet and **** and everyone was all fresh... **** too much Xanax

Gnes

Smash Master
i already do, i know every MU solid. just MK is olimar's worst MU.. being 65-35.. it really sucks when the MK knows the MU very well. but we'll MM when you get here, I've improved over the last 2 months, you'll see ;D
Thats what u think..until u play gnes kekekeke
U probably believe olimar outcamps diddy

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Denti I hope you don't make a Pikmin Meat Shield.

For real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom