• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I say we skip laser tag and go straight to the hard stuff. Paintball.

LETS GET SOME BRUISES PEOPLE! HOOAH! :p
hell yes i will do paint ball any day lets do it. Dang monica being cooler then some of the guys

All awestin wants to do is swim in the hot tub with guys.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
**** u guys im goin swimmin
It's ok Austin. I'm sure somewhere there's a guy willing to go swimming with you somewhere. :p <3

Are you going to see Star Trek Thursday/Friday?

or we could just kick monica's ***, since she wants all those bruises.
Oh haha. I would get so broken, omg. :(

Rope...Greygoose?
I -prefer- X-Rated and nylon CORD. It's softer on the skin and doesn't leave long lasting marks.

Duh. :p

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Fogo should add this to the OP for weeklies this summer.

Ryan: Friendlies/Weeklies at my place every Saturday starting 6-6-09
205 Highland Ter S Fort Worth, Texas.
Text, call, or message me if interested or need more information. (682-597-5054)

There is going to be a closed off room that limits where you can go (no walking around my house, stay in the rooms with the video games).

:)

1) From 12 to 5 (depends on the crowd)
2) We need set ups. I currently have a full x-box set up that will be playing sfiv and another full set up that will be playing brawl. If you want to help up let me know if you can bring set ups.

We need copies of Brawl, Tv's, Consoles, and if you want to play a game bring it with your own tv and what not.

3) If you are interested call/text/message me, but please make sure I have your number in case I have to cancel.

4) Everyone is welcome so tell your friends, but please no drama, no trouble, the first thing stolen and this ends.

If we get a good consistent turn out then we will start having tourneys.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Fogo should add this to the OP for weeklies this summer.

Ryan: Friendlies/Weeklies at my place every Saturday starting 6-6-09
205 Highland Ter S Fort Worth, Texas.
Text, call, or message me if interested or need more information. (682-597-5054)

There is going to be a closed off room that limits where you can go (no walking around my house, stay in the rooms with the video games).

:)

1) From 12 to 5 (depends on the crowd)
2) We need set ups. I currently have a full x-box set up that will be playing sfiv and another full set up that will be playing brawl. If you want to help up let me know if you can bring set ups.

We need copies of Brawl, Tv's, Consoles, and if you want to play a game bring it with your own tv and what not.

3) If you are interested call/text/message me, but please make sure I have your number in case I have to cancel.

4) Everyone is welcome so tell your friends, but please no drama, no trouble, the first thing stolen and this ends.

If we get a good consistent turn out then we will start having tourneys.
I'll have it up in a bit

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
okay so uhh. is there a time for the Forth Worth tourney? I could have just missed it, but Im pretty sure no one posted anything about it. :/

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Awesome matches, guys. As for the Fort Worth (Arlington) tournament this Friday, it will start at 8:00PM, but you can be there as early as 6:30PM or 7ish.
Address: 4001 W. Green Oaks Arlington TX 76016 ste. 165
I'm really considering calling in to work so I can go to that. All the good tournaments happen when I'm at work.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
Hello all, everyone knows that school is about to be out and that leaves more time for less serious events...or is it?

I took my time making sure my thoughts were on track before making this post. The point that I'm trying to make is that; we as a community have grown so much. Whether it be through smashfests or tournaments. Each experience takes my playing level to another zone. I remember my first brawl smash tournament, and getting wrecked by Bwett's ike and Knives (remember him?) falco. I used to play sooo bad! The knowledge that was known then is nothing compared to what we all know now. Imagining how strong many of us have become and making an impact on players around the USA is something that cannot be measured.

I can't believe how scrubby brawl used to be played a year ago and look at us now. I know many of you won't see this until tommorow, so I'm gonna make the proposition now. Ruddy is gladly hosting a smashfest at his new apartment. I've been there, the layout looks amazing. Plenty of air conditioning this time around (thank god). Many restaurants around the area. If I remember, the smashfest will take place Friday around 6ish (correct me later Ruddy).

However, we need to know how many people to expect at his place. Yes, some random arlington tournament (close to me yay!) is coming around. However, if you look into the posts. The TO states that the scene is "dead" and some smash gathering from 12-5 (ew yuck) is to be expected? I'm not sure if anybody is willing to wake up that early and only play for a couple o' hours. So why congregate to a tournament which will estimately turnout to be 5 random players + PBT scene? I don't know. That's why I'm asking the community (those who aren't going to APEX) if they would rather smash at Ruddy's new place (I'm for it if u haven't noticed /end bias) or this Ft.Worth/Arlington area.

State your views PLEASE!

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Well put Damien:).. Me and ruddy will throw a smashfest every teusday starting the 1st week of June I will make a very detailed post when the time comes around. In the meantime if people like to come on friday there will be handful of us.. I will also throw singles/doubles tournies during the summer with correct SBR Rules but that will be later on and I will do my best to promote brawl and a friendly community this summer..

Awestin-The pool will be open all day on smashfests as well.. See you guys friday.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how late is this fest going to be running? My pseudo-austin crew is heading up friday to stay the night at my place. Let me know a more exact time frame when you guys have it.

D4ba, I miss you man. Great post. I feel the same way. 10homos.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Hello all, everyone knows that school is about to be out and that leaves more time for less serious events...or is it?

I took my time making sure my thoughts were on track before making this post. The point that I'm trying to make is that; we as a community have grown so much. Whether it be through smashfests or tournaments. Each experience takes my playing level to another zone. I remember my first brawl smash tournament, and getting wrecked by Bwett's ike and Knives (remember him?) falco. I used to play sooo bad! The knowledge that was known then is nothing compared to what we all know now. Imagining how strong many of us have become and making an impact on players around the USA is something that cannot be measured.

I can't believe how scrubby brawl used to be played a year ago and look at us now. I know many of you won't see this until tommorow, so I'm gonna make the proposition now. Ruddy is gladly hosting a smashfest at his new apartment. I've been there, the layout looks amazing. Plenty of air conditioning this time around (thank god). Many restaurants around the area. If I remember, the smashfest will take place Friday around 6ish (correct me later Ruddy).

However, we need to know how many people to expect at his place. Yes, some random arlington tournament (close to me yay!) is coming around. However, if you look into the posts. The TO states that the scene is "dead" and some smash gathering from 12-5 (ew yuck) is to be expected? I'm not sure if anybody is willing to wake up that early and only play for a couple o' hours. So why congregate to a tournament which will estimately turnout to be 5 random players + PBT scene? I don't know. That's why I'm asking the community (those who aren't going to APEX) if they would rather smash at Ruddy's new place (I'm for it if u haven't noticed /end bias) or this Ft.Worth/Arlington area.

State your views PLEASE!
Well put Damien:).. Me and ruddy will throw a smashfest every teusday starting the 1st week of June I will make a very detailed post when the time comes around. In the meantime if people like to come on friday there will be handful of us.. I will also throw singles/doubles tournies during the summer with correct SBR Rules but that will be later on and I will do my best to promote brawl and a friendly community this summer..

Awestin-The pool will be open all day on smashfests as well.. See you guys friday.

There will be smashfests/tournies almost every tuesday during the summer. Actually first week of June I have finals, but 2nd week of June I'll be there for sure. If Damien is hosting something friday, cool. I probably won't be able to attend though (my dad is cool with Damien hosting at my place though) because I might be in Austin buying a rare breed of dog for Mother's day. No joke. If however I am unable to make the Austin trip, I'll be at the smashfest, if there is indeed one. If there isn't one I'll probably go to the Arlington one. I've never been to a tournament on a friday before.

Btw my new place is NICE for smashfests. THERES A FREAKIN POOL! Well there was one before too, but this one is better. I have 2 set ups (Giant screen and medium no lag TV). During the summer I hope to get some really good turnouts.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sorry if people already requested off work for this, but I've had to change this dates to both Final Smash 6 and 7. You can blame a bunch of LARP players renting out the space for this.

Here are the new dates:

Final Smash 6 moved up a week to June 20th and 21st

Final Smash 7
is moved back a week to August 1st.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
There will be smashfests/tournies almost every tuesday during the summer. Actually first week of June I have finals, but 2nd week of June I'll be there for sure. If Damien is hosting something friday, cool. I probably won't be able to attend though (my dad is cool with Damien hosting at my place though) because I might be in Austin buying a rare breed of dog for Mother's day. No joke. If however I am unable to make the Austin trip, I'll be at the smashfest, if there is indeed one. If there isn't one I'll probably go to the Arlington one. I've never been to a tournament on a friday before.

Btw my new place is NICE for smashfests. THERES A FREAKIN POOL! Well there was one before too, but this one is better. I have 2 set ups (Giant screen and medium no lag TV). During the summer I hope to get some really good turnouts.
Tuesday is good for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom