• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm. Looking forward to going next week for my first weekly. Should be fun and all that good jazz. As long as College doesn't drag me down lol.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
ahh I like the starters kirbykid!!! It gets kinda boring ALWAYS playing the same 5 stages...
I dont care if the new starters destroy me variety is nice
I also hope to see more of melees ice climber. While getting chaingrabbed to deth SUX seein lil eskimos passing characters back and forth just looks cool

d4bA

Smash Cadet
OMG, this new starter system is SICK! I'm in love with these new starters.

YI, FD, SV and ps1 have been argued starters for so long. Wow...this is gonna be super fun.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
those starters are an interesting selection o.O. I guess it's alright to freshen things up. Doesn't matter though for me since it'll be my first tourny xD

d4bA

Smash Cadet
Most exciting Super Bowl...in game.

"wow damien i figured ud hate them" Awestin

On topic response-well the reason why I approve is because all the top tier characters do extremely well on neutrals. Perhaps influencing me to believe that the past neutrals are the reason for why top tier characters do so well in tournament. I did a quick glance over all the top tier character stage striking (with/without port priority) and it seems really balanced. The only two characters that it helps out the most are King Dedede and Marth. There isn't a really good way to balance that other than adding Yoshi's Island and Brinstar. It's whatever tho. Glad to see a little twist in the PBT's other than allowing obnoxious stage picks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Delfino as neutral? Ew.

I think that list has too many multi platformed stages. Only one that doesn't have more than one platform is Halberd basically (technically has two platforms but they are relatively the same size/height).

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
o.O I wanna hear about it. PM it =P

Beah was in my dream while I was sleeping over at Dphats.
what the **** i also had a dream where beah was using ness and showing me all this cool **** and kicking my *** and i tried and i couldnt
i awoke in tears
edit: shuddup dphat u look grrrreat :)

Everis755

Smash Cadet
hey guys. boose here =p. had fun @ last pbt. great seeing you all again. my day of birth is comin up so i'm not sure what my attendance looks like =p. have fun. i'll probably not be attending for a while.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, PBT 9 almost killed me. I still have bloodshot eyes (I slept 14 hrs sat night and 10 hrs last night). I don't think I'm going to be spending the night at dphats anymore. Anyway, I'll see everyone for pbt11. I'll have to be a no-show for pbt10, I have issues with the rules, seeing as how my main is practically banned.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Ruddy be a champ don't sissy out and the maps don't hurt you as much as you think. For one mk can only be used for 1 map so don't worry about losing the neutral, also with the strike system you're able to strike a majority of the maps that give you the most problem. Anyways don't think your character is the only one affected and don't listen to damien a majority of those maps are HORRIBLE for marth such as halbred, deflino and cruise, and castle siege isn't really a good map for marth I just like it alot. Anyways I would recommend going as you will have a solid chance of winning this tournament saying a majority of the major hitters will be gone. Also sorry about keeping you up all friday night man.\

LMAO Santi I LOVE YOU lol

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
lol nah its not the rules, I don't care about the starters that much, I just can't go cuz I have to attend some school function thing. Its extracurriculartastic. Actually no I hate it, I want to go to PBT 9 very badly. I'll still probably be able to make it to the friday smashfest though. I have all friday off. Isn't that just terrible? School Saturday but not Friday?

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ouch, PBT 9 almost killed me. I still have bloodshot eyes (I slept 14 hrs sat night and 10 hrs last night). I don't think I'm going to be spending the night at dphats anymore. Anyway, I'll see everyone for pbt11. I'll have to be a no-show for pbt10, I have issues with the rules, seeing as how my main is practically banned.
Ruddy, You definitely don't need MK as your main. You seriously should pick up a low/lower tier character. When you play around a low tier's weaknesses instead of playing around with pure power (MK) you learn more about the game and how it's really played.

Your Fox was way too straight forward. You didn't adapt and you weren't aware of how I was controlling the match. Picking up skills like this would help you fight with any character. But making excuses about rules whether your "main" is affected or you don't like the levels will get you no where.

You were wrestling with yourself on whether to choose Fox or MK in our match, and you eventually chose Fox. You made the choice. Own it.

Trust me on this one.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
No, the best commercial of the Super Bowl would have been the PETA one with the women and the veggies and the "Vegetarians have better sex", and the women being dirty with their veggies. But it was banned. For, obvious reasons. But!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCWdfJ1wzsk

Or the one with the ladybug being the mastermind behind all the Coke stealing of the world! Muahaha!! O:D

Dojo

Smash Champion
This statement alone almost akes me want to buy that plane ticket...so tempting...
Billy... you must show the world. We all must show the world. Show them exactly who the **** we are! Also, if you went the epic level would def rise over 9000.

0:24 - 0:27 could not begin to explain my feeling and emotion now and over the next week. Never have I been so pumped...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOMZ868V78I

chuky

Smash Cadet
**** i need to find some ppl down unt that play smash im i the only one that plays down in UNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom