• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
Echo, keep it in your pants, bro. More than likely she doesn't even know who the hell you are. Besides, if your parents found out that there are girls at these all-night Smashfests, well...you'd continue not to come... lol.
lol i think my dad would actuly be happy there are girls there....she doesnt know who i am...but i know who she is >_>

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Sup DFW smashers. New to the boards and stuff so figured I'd post in the Official DFW thread. I live in Cedar Hill but sadly I have college in Hawkins, Texas so I won't get a chance to try and meet any of the Dallas county smashers. :(

Name is Dominique, I'm a guy and yes I know it's a girl name, and i'll be prob be poasting on the boards more often since I lack a wii+brawl. Feel free to call me Dom for short or Sage or by tachyon. And If there is a thread for the tyler area then could I get a link so I could post on it as well. If anyone actually lives in the tyler area I'd like to get a chance to meet you but what are the odds of that happening?

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Nice entry, Dom. Good of you to drop by, stick around for info on what Dallas is doing and might try the search function for a Tyler smash scene. Doubt there is one, Tyler is fairly small town, IIRC.

"Yeah, just lemme finish this 3-stock..." *Up Smash from Olimar* "eh-JV 3-stock" *Meteor from Wolf* "K.*

Sorry Slaps, it was too funny, next time you get revenge, K?

Ruddy, next time don't go all Sith on me, lol.

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Nice entry, Dom. Good of you to drop by, stick around for info on what Dallas is doing and might try the search function for a Tyler smash scene. Doubt there is one, Tyler is fairly small town, IIRC.

"Yeah, just lemme finish this 3-stock..." *Up Smash from Olimar* "eh-JV 3-stock" *Meteor from Wolf* "K.*

**** YOU CRAPPY SMALL TOWN! **** YOU!

I'll keep looking around and hopefully I'll find something I can do whenever I get back in town.

chic

Smash Ace
fun tourny. went real smooth/quick

ggs rudy! been a while since i've played a brawl match where i wasn't camped to death :) very fun.
utd zach... too good... not sure why i thought corneria was a good cp against g&w... i need to look into the match up

fun friendlies everyone else

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Wow, nice tournament kirbykid, quite smooth... Like butter...
Anyway, here are the singles results:
1. melee1
2. Awestin
3. Foursaken
4. Dphat (4th wtf happened dphat??)
Doubles:
1. Awestynn and Foursaken
2. Dphat and UTD Zac
3. Ruddy and his average partner

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

Hahaha very funny. Don't worry I'm looking forward to that revenge. *laughs maniacally*

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney everyone!!! We had 35 people enter i believe and met alot people ill do a small shout outs in a bit!!! LOL AT AWESTINS POST!!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Oh my GOSH, that game was awesome and funny and stupid and all around ridiculous. Eight player models on the beginning part of Castle Siege = O.o

Actually, in retrospect... that was the dumbest match I've ever played in my life.
but it was funny as **** though right...

P.S. Light and Kiras I hate your team name!

RoKtheReaper

Smash Rookie
PBT!: It was fun; I seen a lot of good fights (even though I had a headache and was sick; so I kept sleeping through a lot of matches, or even during the end of some fights (such as Ice v.s. Dphat). And I wasn't really up to par; but I seen a lot of good stuff. :D Tournaments are nice.

Melee1: Too good in Melee and now too good in Brawl; good **** and keep up the good work.

Ice: I only seen you play just a little bit because me fallin' asleep, but good traps from what I seen.

Angel: Dude, you had me goin with those grenades and **** man; If I didn't figure out how to land those F-Smashes on you I would've been screwed, good matches.

Dphat: Pretty cool guy, but ****ed us on those directions. Pay attention >=[

Ruddy: For a ten year old kid you bring it man; money matches seem to be your forte'. Good stuff and I hope you continue to Progress.

Fogo: Nice man, your Lucario as well as your Dedede was on point. From the rumors I heard; I heard your Lucario wasn't good, and I also heard that your Dedede wasn't as good because of you trying to main him, I see those rumors was a lie.

Snap[/color: Even though it was teams, you still had a very nasty Peach man. Fast and took full advantage of Float cancelling and aerial attacks, especially D-Air to either B-Air or Jab.

Billy: Ike and Yoshi still make me sweat man. You play Yoshi unlike anyone I've seen before, and I can see why you get complimented on it. Also, your Ike seemed to know about every move I was going to make. It was annoying man. xD

Slaps: Since I'm leaving the Dallas Smash Scene, you need to step up and become the best Ike. You can contact me on these

AiM = Omni hayato

MSN = RoKnTexas@hotmail.com

That way I can give you tips and pointers and hopefully elevate your game. =] But good stuff nontheless.

Well, I am leaving the smash scene for a variety for a variety of reasons. Well, really only two.

Last night, I had to deal with my pissed off as mom for showing up to UTD 1 hr. and 30 late, I told her to come after we left PBT; but people went into Wal-Mart, then stayed in the apartment for about five minutes then we got lost after DPhat screwed up directions. She was not a happy camper. e_e

But I'm not sweatin' on that, I mean. I can always catch the bus to UTD like I've always did. So I mean, honestly that doesn't matter. But, ontop of that, this happened to my official Smashboars account.

With that, I'm about to trade in my Wii and my Brawl. >=[ That is BS.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Aw that sucks RoK, I'll be sure to contact you and I'm sure all of the Texas brawlers will miss you like we will,

Don't worry I'll become RoK the Reaper's reincarnation =]

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
1. Melee1
2. Dphat
3. Forsaken
4. Awestin
5. Fogo
5. Ice

That's all i can remember for singles.

Doubles:

1.Dphat & Utd zac
2. Forsaken & Awestin
3. Fogo & Snap

That's all i know for now

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
@Everyone who was at PBT:

Sorry I was so quiet and distant the whole time. I've been going around and around with myself about whether I want to continue with Smash at all lately, and I wasn't feeling it yesterday. RoK and Bear I want to apologize to you for being rude and not giving our matches the respect they deserved. If I do decide to keep playing, I'll be sure to give you a better fight next time.

In a semi-related note, I'm starting up Starcraft again and if anyone in the Dallas scene wants to start playing I'd love to get some practice in to get my skills back up to where they were.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Hey fogo if you could change the thread name to the next upcoming PBT so it can get some hype within the week...

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prince Bistro Tournament #10
February 7, 2009

Prince Bistro http://www.princebistro.com/
1121 Flower Mound Rd
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
(It's to the Left of the Kroger)

SBR certified (Specific rules here. All changes/additions posted below)
5$ entry fee for singles
Teams entry fee 1$ (No Metaknight in the teams event).
Registration from 12:30 PM to 2:00 pm.
The first event starts at 2:30 pm.

Bring a Wii + Brawl copy and/or a TV to get a free soda. See KirbyKid to redeem.

Last time at PBT #9, the TOs brought 5 TVs. To everyone else who brought a TV or a Wii, thanks for helping us out. Remember, we have room for 10 TVs so don't be shy about bringing them along.

Show up on time. Register earlier than later. We will continue to run the tournament to schedule. A little less than half of the total entrants entered the venue with only 5 minutes to spare for registration. Thanks for showing up before the deadline. Understand that because of this, the difficult task of seating, and creating the molecules we were a tad late starting the singles event.

The molecule system was a big success. Not only did it take a lot of pressure from the TOs, but it reduced the noise level and the aimless wandering around. Hopefully, at PBT#10 we'll run another molecule set up for the losers bracket.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS/RULE CHANGES.

PBT#10 will try and freshen things up by changing the starter levels. I only ask that we all try it before deciding to stick with the change or to remove it.

Starters
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

The old starting stages (except battlefield) have been moved to counter pick.

I will bring my PS3 with Street Fighter HD Remix to PBT#10. Playing it at the PBT will help warm up the tournament for SF4 (which will be PBT supported).

Depending on the size of the tournament and the time, I will organize and run a special style event specifically designed for crews (either 4v4 or 5v5). The even is called SMASHBOARD (without an 's') because the matches are organized on a chess like game board. I'll try to create a video explaining the rules soon, but in the meantime just imagine a cross between advance wars, fire emblem, and smash.

Expect a tighter tournament. Expect to get to know each other by name. Expect a cozy, local tournament. Expect SFHDremix and SMAHSBOARD.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send them my way... ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom