• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Describe Your Playstyle

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I think so many Falco players are so similar. It's ridiculous. So, describe your playstyle. What makes you different from the others? Do you have any qualities or tendencies nobody else seems to have?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Well my play style is more on the aggresive side but i need to work on camping with falco.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
I'm a very rushy Falco player, although very slow at that. I don't camp much and don't run often, but I'm always trying to find an opening. I react slowly, which is probably my downfall, but I can't really define how I play unless watching myself do it :awesome:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I do nothing remotely special. I have a tendency to camp a lot. More then most, I believe, which is saying something. Still, my friends main Marth, Snake, and MK, so I have to camp. If I do end up in close quarters, I use jabs, grabs or, if they misspaced, a Dsmash. Almost NOTHING else. I shield a s***load more than I should, but consequently, get a lot more shield grabs than I should. If they catch on, I go spotdodge crazy, but since my friends favorite moves are Dancing Blade, Snake's Ftilt, and MK's Dtilt, in retrospect, it's not so effective.
For the most part, I'm a serious camper with a "better safe than sorry attitude," meaning I never really try for gimps/spikes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I play the super basic laser, and CG and run away and phantasm away to camp until I can kill with an up smash oos at 120%, with the occasional attempt for a hard read on an f smash or spike offstage.

The way I see it, thats the reason falco is good, so if you perfect the basics, youre going to beat the majority of people out there.

I honestly have no idea.

I try really hard to play a low risk and low reward playstyle. If you are at 270% and I am two stocks down, I will still try to nickel and dime you to death until you mess up first. However, those urges to go risk it are too great and I shame myself by not playing safe :(

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I get the cg>dair ff>tech chase(usually full jab or gatling combo). I then proceed to camp, mixing up the heights up my phantasm as I run away and spacing retreating SHDLs until the opponent is impatient enough to approach obviously. Once they reach 120ish%, I go for SHDL>BDACUS once or twice (NEVER overuse it, they will catch on to it, put up their shield and punish) However, I've had much success tricking my opponent into predicting SHDL>BDACUS then going for a boost grab instead. If I dont get the kill, I will contently camp them until 160%+ and finish them off with uptilt.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm am inexperience impulsive Falco who wants to obtain my own style of Falco while trying to have a aggro control Falco.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I play very serious camping game for a majority of the game. I try to play as safe as possible while doing some weird stuff when I'm in melee range. I have a tendency of being flashy with Phantasm if I think I can get away with it. That includes Cancels, Ledge cancels and perfectly spacing myself to Phantasm off the stage but to grab on the ledge. It's just fun. lol

But when I'm not being flashy its camp camp camp, kill with the safest option available.

Yeah my matches always go past 6 minutes with Falco lol

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
I play the super basic laser, and CG and run away and phantasm away to camp until I can kill with an up smash oos at 120%, with the occasional attempt for a hard read on an f smash or spike offstage.

The way I see it, thats the reason falco is good, so if you perfect the basics, youre going to beat the majority of people out there.
Yeah, I'm pretty basic like that too, except, depending on the opponent, I throw in a little bit of an aggressive play style here and there.
I also like using the dash attack to usmash buffer for racking up damage, and save fsmash just for the kill.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
annoying....
In part thanks to you, I realized how AMAZINGLY STUPID Falco's F-smash is.

3rd or 4th longest ranged F-smash in the game or something wtf?

This character has such amazingly dumb moves. I'm picking him up.

At the moment I can do everything technical with Falco...except laser camp intelligently. Aside from the fact I'm pretty much exploring how to implement every move in his moveset, my playstyle is heavily influenced from playing G&W and Mario. Probably the only thing I wish was easier to do with this character was poking with aerials, but if that was the case, he would be Metaknight with lasers.

I pretty much have complete confidence in how to implement F-smashes with this character. F-smash shenanigans are a breeze with Falco after experience with characters like Ganon and Mario. Oh and screw you DEHF for being too good at edgetrapping with this move.

Pierce not too long ago mentioned Shine was underused. I'm learning to abuse the crap out of this move as a poke (especially for anti-airs). I love F-tilt as well, which is almost as good as ROB's F-tilt.

DEHF, I absolutely request you show me more of this stupid character in person should I find you again in tournament!

9millimeter

Smash Rookie
I've been told my falco is very boring to play, so I would say i love to laser and always tasm. Imean ofcourse i fight up close but slap choping gets boring. lol ^_^

pulse131

Smash Ace
l0ol @ dehf.
gotta luv the annoying falcos.
i have a bad falco. im antsy for the kill, i fair mk's off stage, i uthrow at 0%, and spam dash attack all day.
in a nutshell id say im the best.

AAAAT TROOOOLLLLIIING!!!1!!
nah mah falco's very generic.

the man

Smash Apprentice
I play.. passive aggressive (if that's possible) I wait for my opponent to make mistakes then i attack. I tend to camp when I'm against a meta or ICs, and i try to play smart and out maneuver my opponent when possible. My tactics are usually called "gay" or "too cheap." I tend to not give my opponent a chance.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Falco's campy style just isn't fun for me so I try to go for his Melee style combos (which only last for two or three hits xD). I approach with lasers and use a lot of D-Air. Basically I mix up his u/d-throws, his u/d-tilts with his D-Air, which actually isn't as bad as you might think and its definitely more fun than camping lazorz all day.

:)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Falco's campy style just isn't fun for me so I try to go for his Melee style combos (which only last for two or three hits xD). I approach with lasers and use a lot of D-Air. Basically I mix up his u/d-throws, his u/d-tilts with his D-Air, which actually isn't as bad as you might think and its definitely more fun than camping lazorz all day.

:)
Agreed. I look for some excitement and laser camping doesn't help with that.

It's good to see people using more than the norm (u-throw/laser approaching/lots of dair). I'd like to see how they work out for you.

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
Mine (I'm not sure but pretty certain) is REALLY weird. I rarely use laser (usually 15 times a match) and try to maintain pressure the whole game unless they are pressuring me, of which I illusion away. I do empty short hops or short hops with airdodges to bait reactions and punish, and use jab/grab/ jump and dair at close range. I also seem to use uptilt alot on opponents near me. All I know, is its working, and I keep winning :)

kidleviathan

Smash Rookie
Noob Falco here...My play style is simply a war of attrition. Take away all the options for your opponent, and you're left to capitalize. Takes 2 parts harassment, 1 part camp, 1 part bait and a metric buttload of hard reads. The opponent will make a mistake, and will be punished verily! Overall, i think it's a pretty standard, aggro Falco, but based heavily on trust in intuition.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
-B-Reverse lasers constantly (switches trajectory low to ground, easier to control for me. If you b-reverse a laser late, it'll just cancel and your free to grab or whatever u choose. catches people off guard.).
-Kansas Camping.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Noob Falco here...My play style is simply a war of attrition. Take away all the options for your opponent, and you're left to capitalize. Takes 2 parts harassment, 1 part camp, 1 part bait and a metric buttload of hard reads. The opponent will make a mistake, and will be punished verily! Overall, i think it's a pretty standard, aggro Falco, but based heavily on trust in intuition.
Ah, much noted good sir! Your vocabulary usage is indeed explicable!

-B-Reverse lasers constantly (switches trajectory low to ground, easier to control for me. If you b-reverse a laser late, it'll just cancel and your free to grab or whatever u choose. catches people off guard.).
-Kansas Camping.
What is Kansas Camping?

Takiyoku

Smash Rookie
im an agressive falco not really much of a camper but if i need to ill do it and i love to make combos and improvise if i know its not working trying to input a lot of tech into my fights but i dont have a lot of patcience xD

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Im more of a "spammer where you at" type player. I chaingrab and when their far away I just lazor camp until they want to come close which i then just Dair a lot on them.

Top Bottom