• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yup, still continuing to work on it even so

balancing a game is hard work @_@

especially since im making another mafia game thats not the standard at all. though it will be standard style unlike maple mafia
its gonna be a fun game i cant wait :)

its 20 players btw

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
get a co-mod. someone who can not only review the setup for you and give you a second opinion on all the mechanics/roles but also someone who can help you with vote counts if you are busy one weekend. especially if you are using roles that are not commonly seen, you should get an outside opinion. maybe xiivi. maybe marshy. maybe ronike. xiivi is my usual answer but the others would also do a good job if not a better job due to more experience.

consider trimming the game down to a smaller number. think about what all of the roles accomplish, if anyone of them clash with each other in game design, and see which ones you should use and which ones you might want to cut. 18 would be better than 20. 16 would be even better than that.

include a fair number of vanilla townies. in a game with 20 players this means at minimum 5 in my opinion, and that is a small number already.

be patient and revise the game over and over until you are happy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've got Marshy helping me out with the game. Just PM'd him all of the details (I had too much to say over AIM atm lol) so we're gonna work on it. In terms of co modding with needing help with vote counts and such, I think I'm safe to go with it but if I need any help I'm open to helpers.

Also it's 20... with a catch. I can't really explain it now. And there aren't too many new roles. Most of them will be explained at the start of the game anyway. They aren't like crazy wtf roles lol.

Ronike

Smash Ace
20's too many. People will lynch to get people dead, and it won't fill up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Dfahdo ec du mynka uv y hispan vun y syvey kysa ihmacc oui ghuf ed femm pa vemmat. Ev oui fana du bna-eh y mud uv cbudc, cilr yc mega Dus'c Mavd Vuin Clis, ed fuimt pa y tevvanahd cduno. Pid yc cilr, E tu drehg ed ec buccepma.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Twenty is to large of a number for a mafia game unless you know it will be filled. If you were to pre-in a lot of spots, such as like Tom's Left Four Scum, it would be a different story. But as such, I so think it is possible.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
/out if I'm signing up for any of the games. I joined way too many mafia games at once, and was busy over the last two weeks, meaning I have alot of re-reading I have to do, and just adding more games would be suicide. I'll be spending all day playing mafia lol.

I'll continue the games I'm currently in (other than a few, which I have asked to be replaced or will in the near future), but other than that, I'll stop signing up until some of my games are done.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
/in mentosman8's game

Would like to sign-up as a sub for the large game as well, unless a spot opens up in which case, cool.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is there gonna be a new large game doing sign ups soon now that scum wars has started?

i wanna in something

should i do mentos'
idk, i never saw boondock saints. i in it if tom and kevin do lol

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
signups for chacos and toms 20-man mindscrew mafia have started

20 is okay because im probably going to get unlimited vig shots or something

also an experience cap will be needed so no signing up unless you have completed one game of mafia on here

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
signups for chacos and toms 20-man mindscrew mafia have started

20 is okay because im probably going to get unlimited vig shots or something

also an experience cap will be needed so no signing up unless you have completed one game of mafia on here
Don't spose I can get in with proof of play elsewhere.

>.>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Why? It's going to be totally awesome and you'll be like "i cant believe i missed out on this im such an idiot."

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Why? It's going to be totally awesome and you'll be like "i cant believe i missed out on this im such an idiot."
Heh. I don't think I'll sign up (3 games plus evolution is plenty), but I'd love to see the setup and watch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No setup reveal. :mad: You must watch the epicness unfold via gamethread.

Top Bottom