• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I guess my Large game is coming up after Scum Wars and then Chaco's game. It is almost completely designed. It is based on Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, a fairly popular French card game form of Mafia. It will be 15 players and will use roles based on Miller's Hollow instead of Mafia - including the Sheriff, the Witch, the Little Girl, the Piper, the Village Idiot - so expect it to be fun and refreshing. Tom has also looked at the setup and said it was good.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
/replace for mentos.

i'm in quite a number of games and im going to be very busy until about the tenth of january.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I guess my Large game is coming up after Scum Wars and then Chaco's game. It is almost completely designed. It is based on Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, a fairly popular French card game form of Mafia. It will be 15 players and will use roles based on Miller's Hollow instead of Mafia - including the Sheriff, the Witch, the Little Girl, the Piper, the Village Idiot - so expect it to be fun and refreshing. Tom has also looked at the setup and said it was good.
I saw a game on MS that was off this, looked cool. I'll definitely play.

SquirtleSquad

Smash Rookie
I KNOW SCUMWARS LOOKS PRETTY COOL AND ALL BUT LETS GO BABY LETS GO

HAVENT YOU SEEN BOONDOCKS SAINTS?? ****

**** MAN

THAT MOVIE IS AMAZING

JOIN THE GOD **** GAME LETS GO BABY LETS GO

-Handorin

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Ya know what? I think i'll /out as a replacement for the Scum wars mafia, but i will /in as a regular player.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Marshy, if you want to put me on a new spot on the Small queue list for Tomafia 4, that would be sweet. My large is going to be FF7 Remix.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and I'd also like a spot on the large-game queue... Thinking I'm gonna try to put together a Bioware Mafia by the time it comes up.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha that's my plan, a spread across several of their games: those two, KOTOR, Dragon Age, it *should* turn out to be an interesting setup when I get around to making it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
oh my god i have to play that as well

jesus christ mentos you are the best

M.K

Level 55
I've actually never participated in a game of Mafia before, but I'd like to be put on the list for the next game. I'm really excited to play. I've read the rules and it seems rather fun!

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Theres two! pick one or do both, both are going to be epic. id recommend doing only one though if you havent done one before.

M.K

Level 55
Theres two! pick one or do both, both are going to be epic. id recommend doing only one though if you havent done one before.
Which would you consider the....simpler game to follow? I'll sign up for THAT one.

Also, I first read on the Mafia Wiki that the game is Between Mafia and Town. However, when people say "scum", are they referring to the Mafia?

Scratch that; I'm signing up for the Large game. I'll finish off the list and start the game, correct? Splendid.

Handorin

Smash Hero
scum generally means mafia

It can also mean any independent with objectives against the town.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yes when people refer to scum they are indeed refering to the mafia

Also, it's impossible to tell you whcih game will be simpler only because no one other than the person who made the game knows what the set up is. Honestly, you could pick either one, unless someone has a better opinion.

If I HAD to say, I'd say the smalller game would be simpler, but this obviously isn't always the case.

M.K

Level 55
/in §teel's/Tom's Scum Wars Mafia Large Game.

Did I do that right? O_O
Answering myself: Hell yes.
XD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
we would like to have at least one replacement on hand before we start the game. i dont want §teel to have to modkill for lack of replacements if we have none and we cant draw a favor out of a non-player to replace.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll do it for ya, only call on me if you desperately need me though. Hahah.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how exactly does the whole mod sign up list work? im confused, i just want an eta of when im hosting so i make the game in time lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
we try to have signups for one large game at a time. just keep checking back and see when they fill up.

imo: completely finish designing your game, and leave it alone for two weeks and do life, and then come back to it and revise it over and over again until its time to host it. the changes will slow down to a crawl as you get the game to what you want. keep testing it on paper and stuff, and when you have new ideas, add them in and balance it again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
O ok, so it's pretty much just whoever is ready to host next in the signup list?

I've been designing the base ideas for my game for like a week now but I'm just now starting to actually lay out the actual roles that will be in it and the details and such. It's a very custom set up with custom roles and what not (though still standard mafia essentially unlike maple mafia). it's going to be really fun, can't wait till its ready.

but yea because of that its going to take a while to test and run through a bunch of play tests to make sure its balanced.

Top Bottom