• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear fellow ZSS mains, who do you second?

solecalibur

Smash Master
\

Why do people have so many problems with the diddy match play your state's best diddy like 50+ times in casuals, and it will become alot better.
Theres about 6 diddys in Ohio one including AZ and I can safely say its better to stay ZSS (then my other alt at least)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I use MK for Falco, Diddy, and Lucario, and for Diddy only on certain CPs.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
well, now i'm looking for a new secondary. i had 4, Mario,Zelda,Lucas and Ness. now i just want one. any suggestions? i was thinking ness and or pit. huh, look at me asking. i just have to find out myself.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Now, I use every character on the roster;
But for tournament and ranking as a 'main'?

1.) Zero Suit Samus.
2.) Wario.
3.) Peach.
4.) Captain Falcon.

Zero Suit Samus, of course I shouldn't need to go into details on since this IS the ZSS boards. You should all know her flaws, advantages, problems and play styles.

Wario, as a back-up character, I chose to pick a top tier main that doesn't necessarily have the greatest potential of the roster. He has many grab release flaws and things that could spell bad news for him. However, he has the best air mobility, spacing potential and DI in the game. His aerials are very decent, his smash attacks kill very easily and hes a tough competitor with his considerable priority wall.

Peach, another good character. Where ZSS lacks, Peach usually excels with her projectile and air game. She has one of the best grabs in the game, which she can lock fastfall characters with up to about... 40%, I believe it is. Characters that she cannot, start up a grab, down throw, ftilt a few times and uair. Works just as well. Peach is all about mindgames, so I abuse her wavedash ability to cancel out a constant back air wall to negate projectiles and do a moderate lock to most of the roster at low percentages.

Captain Falcon, pure manliness. Second fastest character in the game with garbage potential. Where he's considered one of the worst characters, I find him to be one of the best in a lot of match-ups ZSS has difficulty with. Regardless of the lack of hitstun, Falcon still supports a lot of legit combos that involve his Fastfall NAIR. His aerial game really isn't all that horrible either if you know how to use fastfalling efficiently. So yeah, I do support Captain Falcon to great extents.

sasook

Smash Champion
SDI. My bad.

Also, he does have some of the best DI potential in the game. That's one reason he boosted so high up on the tier list. Killing a good Wario isn't the simplest task out there. rofl.
Yeah, I know. Wario is really heavy, with a great recovery.

But I disagree that his DI is one of the reasons he's high on the list. Else Link, DK, and maybe Ganon would be higher than their current positions. DI varies from player to player, so I don't think it's factored in when making a tier list.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, I know. Wario is really heavy, with a great recovery.

But I disagree that his DI is one of the reasons he's high on the list. Else Link, DK, and maybe Ganon would be higher than their current positions. DI varies from player to player, so I don't think it's factored in when making a tier list.
I suppose so. But what I was getting at was more around the lines of his aerials being able to cancel most of his knockback momentum to a high order. I didn't mean to say it as though his ability to survive was the best in the game.

I know DI varies on skill as well. That's like M2K's ability to DI with Meta Knight by merely SDI upwards and then downwards quickly. Meta Knight certainly isn't one of the heaviest characters in the game, but his aerials provide the ability to cancel momentum much easier due to the quickness of his attacks.

Wario's knockback resistance just played a small factor on his tier list jump. It's more around the air game that people are starting to realize that wrecks most of the roster that I was referring to. What characters really have an advantage over Wario in the air? Luigi, Meta Knight and Diddy, are pretty much the main concerns. Others can be easily spaced and punished with air camping.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
I have been playing a lot of ice climbers, snake, and pikachu lately. Idk, the only character i could ever stick with permanently is zero suit samus. And Metroid prime trilogy is eating away at brawl time anyway, its just that good.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I can't believe I haven't seen any more.
Captain Fabulous secondaries. (pink falcon)

But seriously in a tournament I only rep ZSS, I really need to learn to CP more, I know the cast *except peach/IC, well enough I can just pick peoples worst match every time, but then I would just feel gay :(.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I can't believe I haven't seen any more.
Captain Fabulous secondaries. (pink falcon)

But seriously in a tournament I only rep ZSS, I really need to learn to CP more, I know the cast *except peach/IC, well enough I can just pick peoples worst match every time, but then I would just feel gay :(.
ZSS, Peach and Captain Fabulous?
I love you. You're amazing. D;

noradseven

Smash Lord
And no darky I don't play peach, peach is one of the 2 I can't play along with IC, however unlike IC, I do like peach.

The only problem I have with falcon now is that people here know how to fight him and take it seriously, which means that p. much every match is bad, thankfully none of them are like you lose unconditionally... my ganon :(.

Olimar. That is all.
kill yourself please, olimar is such a ***.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
ZSS is one of my three mains. Peach and Zelda being the other two.

I've been called a *** before because of it. (The censored word is another name for a cigarette)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
He was going for the word F*G, I think. I know my cigarettes, and I don't even smoke much. :(

Also, that isnt' bad, Mountain. I main like... all the females in the game. <_<;

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing around with samus resently, z-air is so good i think its been improving my zss side-B spacing

noradseven

Smash Lord
I've been playing around with samus resently, z-air is so good i think its been improving my zss side-B spacing
z-air seems good, then ppl get used to it and you complain your jump is too slow, the best thing about samus is her lol u-tilt, jab lock, into d-air missle loop, so good.

Also if you ppl were good like me we could just see your secondaries, lol.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
really??? i havent seen you do anything for zss tourney wise, all you do is meatride snakeee and act like your an amazing player but the truth is youre a total scrub. i've beaten power ranked players in my state and have placed decently in statewide tourneys. i may not be as good as the top level zss mains but i assure you i'm ****loads better than you. stick to figuring stuff out in training mode against level 1 cpu's and leave the tourneys to us adults. Good day sir :)

ps i dont really think zss sucks i just like to be sarcastic but i dont expect you to understand this.
Is this really necessary?

REL38

Smash Lord
really??? i havent seen you do anything for zss tourney wise, all you do is meatride snakeee and act like your an amazing player but the truth is youre a total scrub. i've beaten power ranked players in my state and have placed decently in statewide tourneys. i may not be as good as the top level zss mains but i assure you i'm ****loads better than you. stick to figuring stuff out in training mode against level 1 cpu's and leave the tourneys to us adults. Good day sir :)

ps i dont really think zss sucks i just like to be sarcastic but i dont expect you to understand this.
First time coming to the Zamus Boards and this is what I see?

and you can't exactly READ sarcasm, dude. Letters don't do that kind of thing >.>

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Everyone, settle down.

The only reason Nefarious B said anything was because you came into the boards saying that ZSS sucks, Shlike. If it was sarcasm, so be it. No need to get too defensive about it then, right? People just don't like others saying things like that about their character, even if you main her as well.

Just try to get along, people.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
i suppose not but i cant stand people who act like gods on the boards for no reason but i guess i'll be the bigger man and end it
Too late for that, you started it. If nef puts you on ignore, he'll have been the "bigger man."

Look, these boards are for players of all ability levels and skill levels. Nef may not place, but he's new to the tourney scene and is a better player than me and probably quite a few other regulars around here. He'll get there. In the mean time, there's nothing wrong with "combos on level 1 computers," even if they turn out to be illegitimate later down the line. Without people experimenting with dumb things, the game would never advance. And for the record, anyone from DarkWater to Dazwa can advance the game, some ways larger than others, of course.

I just ask that either you start posting productively or stop posting. There's too much trolling here as it is.

shlike

Smash Ace
Too late for that, you started it. If nef puts you on ignore, he'll have been the "bigger man."

Look, these boards are for players of all ability levels and skill levels. Nef may not place, but he's new to the tourney scene and is a better player than me and probably quite a few other regulars around here. He'll get there. In the mean time, there's nothing wrong with "combos on level 1 computers," even if they turn out to be illegitimate later down the line. Without people experimenting with dumb things, the game would never advance. And for the record, anyone from DarkWater to Dazwa can advance the game, some ways larger than others, of course.

I just ask that either you start posting productively or stop posting. There's too much trolling here as it is.
for the record im not the one who started it read previous posts he called me a troll then proceeded to say that i suck. i will admit that i overreacted quite a bit and for that i apologize. sorry nef.

Top Bottom