• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dear fellow ZSS mains, who do you second?

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem. I am also very proficient with Samus, Yoshi, and Sheik, but I don't think they cover my bad match-ups at all really. Sheik vs Falco is debatable I suppose... But I'm looking to pick up a good counter. I only have issues vs Falco and Diddy. I know that Falco is a definite problem. However, I've heard mixed opinions about Diddy. Do most of you think I should counter him, or is it an okay match-up after lots of practice?

So basically, Is there and easy counter for both of them? Should I only be countering Falco? What are your thoughts on learning say... Pit... or Kirby? Somone else?

Diddy's are way too popular in MD, and Falco is getting more popular, and it's affecting my tourney placing. :x

solecalibur

Smash Master
Wario is my 2ndary but im about to trash him since Im not getting any better with him but I do love eating diddy's bananas I do better vs falco with my ZSS then my wario which explains why Im changing my 2ndary Id try and pick up wario and when falco CG's you just get on your bike after he spikes or trys to spike you

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I second PT... Its not a particularly great secondary but he's ok. He does better than ZSS against Luigi, Lucario, Sheik, and a few others. He also does better against Falco but Falco still has an advantage. As for Diddy its a tossup. Squirtle does great but the other two do poorly. If I'm playing a Diddy main on FD or Sville I'll usually use PT. If I have the choice of stage I'll go with ZSS on Bfield cruise or whatever.

If those matches are your only problem Marth may be useful. I believe he's 60:40 against Diddy and even with Falco. Kirby is good too due to the chaingrabs on Falco. I'd also imagine his playstyle would be good against Diddy.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Unfortunately there really isn't any easy pick up and **** pick against either diddy or falco. I guess if you learn pika's chain grab that could count against falco. But generally, you'll have to put a lot of work into a secondary, to the point where you might as well learn the diddy matchup since you'll be better with ZSS naturally.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I was drunk and didn't think it would be a problem to be direct and to the point. I didn't feel like searching and stuff. I don't have much time! I am going to another tourney in two days.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
so shiek is a good matchup w/ falco? hm. i second lucas, why? i don't know. i just pick him or my other secondaries.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno who's my secondary, I use both ZSS and Kirby equally.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I secondary Zelda to deal with Falco & Diddy, but I picked up Peach specifically for Diddy.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
Since I honestly don't find the Diddy matchup overly crippling, competitively, I second GnW cause' he's easy to pick up and allows me to continue spending more time on ZSS rather than truly learning a 2nd.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
DDD equally with ZSS.

Switching on the fly doesn't work too well though, spaming dsmash with DDD and grabs with ZSS doesn't work out to well.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Zamus, more or less equally. My Zamus is better than my Marth (though the margin's slowly shrinking), but I <3 him and he has good matchups across the chart, save for a few, which Zamus covers anyway.

I also play a little Peach (I'd call her my secondary, as Marth and Zamus are both mains), Ike for fun occasionally, and I'm learning the Icies on the side just for when I'm feeling technical. XD But I digress; save for *maybe* Peach if I practiced with her more, they're just characters I like, not ones I'd use in tourney for real or anything. XD

Rajam

Smash Champion
good options are Snake, Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Kirby, Jigglypuff maybe. If you have problems with Diddy don't pick G&W though

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Snake, doesn't really help in the falco MU which is like the only one I struggle in majorly. He's a good safe choice tho, eliminates some stage/char combination's I don't want to play and can be a good CP if they ban Lylat. (Snake is godly on Halberd).

KROE

Smash Cadet
Kirby! I mean come on, who can resist a cute, cuddly, Pink Ball! <3 I can't =3

<3 Kirby

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ganondorf, Link, Captain Fabulous, seriously no joke. I used to second sheik a while back but then a whole buncha people in my casuals started playing her and it got lame and ****.

But Im decent with anyone whos name isn't IC or Peach, and even then I know some basic chain grabs(IC), and spacing with peach.

Why do people have so many problems with the diddy match play your state's best diddy like 50+ times in casuals, and it will become alot better.

sasook

Smash Champion
Why do people have so many problems with the diddy match play your state's best diddy like 50+ times in casuals, and it will become alot better.
Well yeah lol, play the best anybody in your area and of course it's gonna get better for you. XD

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Why would you debate the subject on who to be when Meta Knight pretty much has an advantage on everyone.

Oh, but seriously; I know sheik is good against falco and for diddy... Yeah just choose Meta.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I was drunk and didn't think it would be a problem to be direct and to the point. I didn't feel like searching and stuff. I don't have much time! I am going to another tourney in two days.
In the real world, being drunk is never an excuse; but on smashboards, it's pretty much a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Case and point: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236428

Best thread ever, BTW. ^

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I only alt ZSS but i'll try helping anyway. I picked up ZSS as my answer to Marth since I have a hard time taking him with Pikachu, and it's proved efficient, helping with other matchups I was having troubles with, too. If you're having your main problems with falco and diddy, pikachu seems like something you might want to try out.

Moozle

Smash Champion
This isn't really what you asked, but I main peach and second ZSS (and Yoshi and PT but mostly ZSS). ZSS covers a lot of bad peach matchups, so they work pretty well together.

noradseven

Smash Lord
In serious tourney play I roll ZSS all the way, I kinda hate the whole idea of Counter picking I just like to rep my main all the way though.

Top Bottom