• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

allshort17

Smash Ace
I want to see if it is. I had a spark of genius with some wild thoerycrafting, however I believe PS2 could turn the IC match-up to -1 if you play super, SUPER, campy. I want to try it out on one of the AL IC's. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Xubble

Smash Ace
All I can figure is that the air stage promotes air camping (herp derp), and we can out-camp ICs in the air (I think, not quite sure).

At the very least, getting grabbed shouldn't be an issue during the Flying transformation since we can float up there all day. I generally enjoy dair and bair spamming while I'm floating. ^_^

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'll check, cause I'm a pretty cool guy, eh, checks frame data and doesn't afraid of anything.

Marth can air dodge/attack/up B out of dthrow on frame 18, he lands on the ground on frame 21, and has his shield up on frame 23.

So it actually makes it more difficult unless the opponent doesn't realise they have a move fast enough to get them out of it (In Marth's case, up b is the only thing he can do to avoid the extra few frames disadvantage if you count that his air dodge isn't invulnerable until the 5th frame etc)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
All I can figure is that the air stage promotes air camping (herp derp), and we can out-camp ICs in the air (I think, not quite sure).
It doesn't seem like DDD would be able to outcamp ICs in the air on the wind transformation. It depends on if your fastfall speed is better than their dair fall speed (I don't think it is). And given that it isn't, they can probably harass you in the air somehow, then escape from you with dair whenever they like.
I'll check, cause I'm a pretty cool guy, eh, checks frame data and doesn't afraid of anything.
This made me laugh.

Xubble

Smash Ace
We have the fastest falling speed in the game. I don't think their dair can outpace it. Although the low grav COULD slow us down I think. If anything, it's close to even, and they would suffer from landing lag if they weren't high enough to autocancel it.

As for air harassment, ICs only have bair and uair to fall back on. I'm not sure how D3 bair vs. ICs bair and D3 dair vs. ICs uair works. Anybody have info on this?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Their bair isn't anything to write home about, and I doubt that their uair beats your dair.

Pretty sure only Zero Suit Samus's does. Zelda's might but they're about the only characters that probably can.

Unless it was badly spaced, but it's difficult to space things badly when you have 4 jumps and not falling at incredibly fast speeds.

Xubble

Smash Ace
So basically, we theoretically **** ICs in the air on the Flying stage. However, that's just one transformation. And there's no guarantee that it'll come up when you play it.

On the plus side, the Electric transformation could be useful for us in the ICs MU. Just keep them off the center section. If they're already there, camp out on the tracks. Moving track = no CGs.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ddds dair vs anybodys up air is always in ddds favor though there are some up airs that can beat it, it requires delicate timing and spacing. or else the opposing character takes 16%. which isnt a gamble most are willing to take.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I think you can do one full dthrow on those things before you reach the edge. There really isn't a way to abuse them in D3's favor. :\

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hey guys. I'm still waiting on them to accept me officially so I can rock the purple name but:

I got accepted into the Brawl Backroom!!!

<3

EDIT: GUYS.

Remember that thread I made about PS2?? lol

We can land a guaranteed Up-Tilt, Down Smash, Swallow, and Down-Tilt if we Down Throw someone on the conveyor belt. You just have to do in the right spot before you shoot off the stage. Also you can force a Swallowcide in this manner if you Swallow someone on the belt because you'll just fall right off the stage....:evil:

PS2 is soooo good for us. I've beaten top level players on that stage because I know it so well <3

∫unk

Smash Master
Ps2 is a gimmick stage imo... just camp on every transformation vs someone that "knows the stage". Falln (socal ranked kirby) used to counterpick me here and I had no knowledge of anything on that stage so I just camped every transformation and it went to time... he didn't win lol

Compared to ps1, ps2 transformations are better for ddd because the stage is "wider" on transformations. Only transformation that "cuts" the stage is the rock one but it's not a serious cut like the ps1 transformations cause of the low height of the rock and platforms being around it.

Imo the conveyer belt, air, ice stuff can be utilized by all the top tiers effectively so it's just gimmicky.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
After playing a few MUs in tourney, I've decided it'd probably be for the best for me to just second ICs like I've been planning on doing, but haven't been on top of.

Also, I've always liked PS1 more because it's transformations feel less...Fraudulent. I'll have to practice some more on PS2. Though I DO like dash grab to utilt.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Falln beat MikeHAZE on ps2 it's gimmicky as ****.

I like it though. We really have a better time on not just the ice and electric parts but the ground part too(vs mk anyways)

:phone:

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
i'm not sure where to post this but most of you guys know way more about the game than me so, please look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuo7cbRaVqk#t=4m13s

ignore the accidental pivot inhale; i get caught by nado and somehow footstool out of the last hit of nado out of nowhere and avoid the terrible setup. i have no idea how i did it.

is this common? i can't recall ever seeing it before and i'd like to replicate it, obviously
That was great. The whole match Coney. Using that grab skillfully.

As for that escape, it appears to me that the likelihood of that happening is so small that I don't believe it's something worth evaluating. Just rapidly mashing is really all I can take from that. It truly doesn't hurt to investigate that occurance, so I'm not stopping anybody from doing so.

3:13 guys. Down smash misses Coney's body because he blindly up tilted, and then his head hits MK afterward.
That, right there, is uptilt at its full potential.

EDit: I take that back, sorry. That's not uptilt's full potential, and I'll prove it later on :/

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dedede's uptilt is an amazing move on paper.

I realised this when analysing it for the frame data thread.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
uptilt stops snake period

i cant even count how many of snakes moves ive uptilted to stop. p much like every one lmao

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys.

Wario is now my secondary forever and ever and ever.

I think this one'll stick.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my secondary is wario.
that MU is just as annoying as d3 is.
oh wait... ic;s are just annoying to fight in genenral.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Except for Yoshi.

Yoshi's just all like "I'ma eat one o you gaiz and **** up the other."

And then he does.

Yay Nana not mashing.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i loved camping solo popo with mk by fair and dtilt walling.
theres like... seriously... nothing popo can do about that.

nothing...

Top Bottom