• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So I played a pretty good Ike today. And I gotta say.

Ike is gay. Like he's easy if you really play attention and try. But if you get lazy he ***** you cause you're not fully focusing.

Meh. And his fair beats f tilt and stuff. :/

:phone:
Was it that random dave guy who beat mikehaze that one time and than completely disappeared forever?

Doc King

Smash Lord
There's something I just thought about that can help with our metagame. I would need the frame data from Aerodrome to see if this actually works.

It looks like we can possibly infinite grab release Ness and Lucas with grab releases by dash dance pivot grabbing. Pivot grab hitbox comes out on frames 7-8.

Just wondering, but can you cancel a dash with another one on frame 1?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To input a foxtrot, you must wait two frames. The second foxtrot takes only 1 frame to come out.

I guess it might be possible. Though my bets are it's only on Ness.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't have it.

I'll go check it out now.

Edit:

Well blow me down, it actually works.

Too bad it requires pretty much frame perfect inputs, and it involves two foxtrots meaning that you'd trip eventually.

So uh, I guess you guys have a grab release "infinite" on Ness now.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
iirc if you time your pummels perfectly you can always force a ground break.

Or at least, that's what I was told.

If you don't, there's a chance they'll air break yeah yeah.

Doc King

Smash Lord
This is so cool. Thank you so much aerodrome!

D3 vs. Ness is like +4 D3 now. :awesome:

I tried breaking out of D3's ground release before and I ended up not being able to air release when D3 was pummeling a lot.

Edit: Thing glitched up.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Lol kill *****es by breathing on them.

I'm so late on this.
There's a pretty nasty Ike in my region, top ten IMO
Sdi behind jabs IS NOT A GOOD IDEA if you get it to work once. I try to bet on sdi away and power shield and **** like that.
And yeah there's a couple of snakes here too. They don't go snake on me :D
Also, this grab release is gross.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Doc King, just because something exists doesnt mean it affects a matchup. It has to be implemented on a consistent basis in tournament by high level players in order to be considered part of the matchup.

DDD doesnt +4 snake just because of the pivot grab infinite, because its too hard and nobody does it in tournament successfully. So it doesnt impact the matchup. Same goes for this.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Doc King, just because something exists doesnt mean it affects a matchup. It has to be implemented on a consistent basis in tournament by high level players in order to be considered part of the matchup.

DDD doesnt +4 snake just because of the pivot grab infinite, because its too hard and nobody does it in tournament successfully. So it doesnt impact the matchup. Same goes for this.
Yeah I know. I was just kidding when I said that.

It could affect the matchup since it isn't almost impossible to do like the Snake infinite, but I don't think it's gonna completely change the matchup. Just make it a little better. :cool:
lol. D3's spot dodge teh bess! That's what ppl get for camping our King mad hard.

It seems like D3 is improving his metagame now. I'm very happy about this stuff that's going on.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't understand why you would play a character that relies on living to high percents against a character that basically says "Mutha****a, I'm Ike I fight for my friends and kill *****es by breathing on them"...lol

No like seriously, you have some of the weirdest character MU choices I have ever seen. I think you'd perform much better in tournament if you applied what you know towards like 1 or 2 secondaries and picked your CP MUs better rather than play like 5 or 6 that either go "even" or don't actually give you a better MU than D3 has.

I've actually been legitimately focusing solely on Dedede and Lucario.

Mostly with Lucario against Ike, I'm just camping him out and not relying on Aura boosts for my kills. I just pretend I'm now a character with no kill power.

Lucario was actually my first serious main after dropping Ganondorf and I've been seriously considering going back to him.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I've actually been legitimately focusing solely on Dedede and Lucario.

Mostly with Lucario against Ike, I'm just camping him out and not relying on Aura boosts for my kills. I just pretend I'm now a character with no kill power.

Lucario was actually my first serious main after dropping Ganondorf and I've been seriously considering going back to him.
I just can't take you seriously lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I heard you didn't go D3 at all at Tin Man's last tourney.

Explain yourself mister.

:glare:
It's more the one set I won I went Mario against a first time tourney player I'd watched playing a little earlier. Decided whatever, I feel like going Mario. So I did. No regrets, tbh I really only went to that tourney to chill with people. Which I did. So I have no regrets.

Both sets I lost I lost with Dedede.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Also bleh, somebody really needs to explain the ZSS MU to me, I just get wrecked really, really hard.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well yes.

But it's so ****ing easy for her to get us there.

Actually TC, can we do another MU thread, for ZSS?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Come the new year I'ma be stepping it up. I'm just preparing to move, so it's like w/e, not gonna stress myself too much over Brawl.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Hey Aerodrome, are you gonna test some other dash dance pivot grab stuff like slopes and edges?

I would like to see everything you can do with this technique and you have the frame by frame stuff, so you can find out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I probably will at some stage, however atm got work, and I have other stuff on the agenda such as reformatting the frame data thread and doing the final touches on it, and I've got someone who asked me to test something as well which I have been shamelessly neglecting.

It'll get done though. :)

Also I have a tournament on the 10th. Should I go Dedede (has never used Dedede before), Wolf or Sheik? D:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
HOLY **** at the ending of Kismet vs 4GOD. What a great set that was despite that MU being so boring and tedious. Good stuff.

@Aero: Only use him if you feel comfortable doing so. Go with your gut in an unsure situation.

Doc King

Smash Lord
It seems like nowadays it takes some time to use D3 because you can't just except a chaingrab without great mindgaming.

Lovecraft

Smash Apprentice
Idk if this has been mentioned but, just in case any new D3 is having trouble doing the standing infinites on stage or on the ledge, I came up with a visual reference for when to input for the grabs, just as his heels touch the ground is where you input for the next grab. I found it really useful.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
In case you guys didn't see it:

They're the frames the grab needs to be buffered in by. It's technically 36-46, but I explained that before etc etc.

@Aero: Only use him if you feel comfortable doing so. Go with your gut in an unsure situation.
I'm a pretty gut instinct kinda guy. :cool:

Also dunno if anyone's interested, but I drew a picture for Dean and thought I'd share it with you guys:

[collapse=picture]
[/collapse]

Top Bottom