• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Jupz

Smash Master
But whats the actual combo? Lol
I was thinking of Nair->Uptilt->footstool->fastfall bair->jab->dash attack

but it didn't work :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
See, that's the problem I'm working through, How to set up a footstool for DDD, right now, air camping above an opponent works best.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Rawful. Jupz stole my ****ing Rai-combo >=[
But regardless, yea, I've been testing %'s viable for this and its been tedious. Been getting a bit distracted with pokemon actually >.<

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah Rated, I had that same idea before to Nair but I couldn't test it as I was going out, can't now as I'm going to a party so ill do it later. I tested a little though and the Nair just bounces them up too high, though maybe I was doing it wrong (I did strong Nair instead of weak)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This is what Rai has found.

Footstool > tech chase
Footstool > Bair > Dsmash
Footstool > Nair > dsmash (At any %'s that I've seen.)

as well as footstool to bair to jab lock to dash attack

Now we just need to find a way to step up the footstool, other than air camping.
Maybe let someone break out of an inhale to footstool.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I won my first tournament this weekend =D

Sorry, had to share it.
Very good smudgey. Too good in representing King Dedede!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure one of them has to be footstool following a down air...
Yeah, and you can Footstool-> Dair most characters.
Juppities...you're too funny lol. You repeated me you maggot.

Have you all thought of just doing a fast fall neutral air to the footstool instead of up tilting after the neutral air?
Maybe they'll be able to input commands at that time, nevermind.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So here's to HYPE and to HOPE that we get Co18s new technique before Genesis, though I kind of worry about him bringing it out instead of saving it and keeping it a hidden until Genesis. The PT mains are keeping a Charizard 0-90 combo hidden from us all. Watch for that at Genesis.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Rated, I had that same idea before to Nair but I couldn't test it as I was going out, can't now as I'm going to a party so ill do it later. I tested a little though and the Nair just bounces them up too high, though maybe I was doing it wrong (I did strong Nair instead of weak)
Nair would work, its just it has to HIT them first before we follow up with anything.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Also, as far as I'm concerned, Nair should be follow up with a Dsmash rather than a utilt. Utilt has terrible range unless they RIGHT above you. With Dsmash, you can follow up with anything ranging from a Bair, a Fair, or even an utilt if they come right above you.

@CRASHiC: I need someone who knows how to work Youtube to do footstools with me so I can link the video to the post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well, do you have the videos converted. I have a youtube account and can upload the video for you, but I can't record matches.
Also, they were speaking about a set up to footstool. Landing the footstool is as important as the follow up.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Well, do you have the videos converted. I have a youtube account and can upload the video for you, but I can't record matches.
Also, they were speaking about a set up to footstool. Landing the footstool is as important as the follow up.
Rofl, I play my D3 in the air regardless, (if I'm not grabbing :p), so i get plenty of footstools. They just arent high enough for me to land a bair =O

CO18

Smash Hero
Its not a really technique but rather a tactic that works much better than it should lol. Alot of characters only have 1 safe option to get around of it which you can predict/react to in time.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Its not a really technique but rather a tactic that works much better than it should lol. Alot of characters only have 1 safe option to get around of it which you can predict/react to in time.
Don't undermine my studies! >=O The only characters that can escape (if they know what their doing) is Wario and Jigglez

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Don't undermine my studies! >=O The only characters that can escape (if they know what their doing) is Wario and Jigglez
Nooooooo. He means what he is working on. Co18 says he thinks he's found something pretty ****. Can't wait to see what it is.

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Nooooooo. He means what he is working on. Co18 says he thinks he's found something pretty ****. Can't wait to see what it is.
Really! :p Rofl, seriously though, I was messing with him. I know wut he meant, I just like messing with pros.

Jupz

Smash Master
Whenever I fast fall a Bair after a footstool they never hit the ground but slide away and they don't bounce... :(

Also Beef you never read what I'm saying, you said you can Dair->Footstool sometimes and I said on some characters you can footstool-> dair...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, now that Xiivi is gone, we have no real mod. I'm sure Su Su stops by from time to time, but now no one can oppress our culture! Thus, these threads,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239278&page=2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239717&page=2

So I am declaring today, DDD independence day!

Now, first, we need a homeland. Is there anyone that can webdesign? Cause if we had a page like this, and we used it for our general guide, that would be amazing.

http://millia.hostwq.net/generalgameplay.htm

Also, hyping Co18's new strategy.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I was serious about the site though. It would be very helpful to have something like this setup, and we only need a web host, those are a million to come by.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
YO DAWG
I HEARD YOU LIKE DEDEDE
SO WE PUT A DEDEDE IN YOUR DEDEDE
SO YOU CAN GRAB WHILE YOU GRAB

idk man it was spur of the moment <<

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's so sad that we have three of the best moves in the game (bair, U Tilt, Grabs) and instead of using those MORE, we're trying to nair to footstool to dash dance just so we can figure out something that won't be practical.

I've got a better idea: half the cast can't stop the combination of bair, U Tilt and grabs thrown out at random intervals. Against the other half, we have to think SOMEWHAT. But then there's the key few where we really have to think, and mindgame them into getting dash attacked.

With all of this in mind, I suggest we continue doing what we do best: follow Gates's flow chart. It's the best guide on all of smash boards.

It's not like we'll discover something near as cool as el autobus combo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXp10XxhKSg

EDIT: This was a joke post, I think if we could find a reliable way to footstool people so we can then combo into dash attacks or smashes, I think DDD will be AWESOME.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Still hyping what Co has found.
Also, anyone know what's up with all the Mods being demod? What happened? Susa isn't a mod anymore either :/

RATED

Smash Lord
this may sound stupid , but this just came to my mind, what if we Dair them and we DI out so we won't hit them with the last hit so we could footstool?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
With all of this in mind, I suggest we continue doing what we do best: follow Gates's flow chart. It's the best guide on all of smash boards.
I DON'T CARE IF THIS IS A JOKE POST I'M SIGGING THIS ****.

EDIT: This was a joke post, I think if we could find a reliable way to footstool people so we can then combo into dash attacks or smashes, I think DDD will be AWESOME.
Has anyone tried footstool -> Jet Hammer? Seems pretty ballin if you can pull it off. Does anyone know the kill percents for an uncharged Jet Hammer?

YO DAWG
I HEARD YOU LIKE DEDEDE
SO WE PUT A DEDEDE IN YOUR DEDEDE
SO YOU CAN GRAB WHILE YOU GRAB

idk man it was spur of the moment <<

Top Bottom