• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
How can I explain when I said I don't know what people mean when they say wiichuck has perfect DI...

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Beef, Jethammer has a good use. If MK tries that uair string into Tornado and it doesn't kill you you can come down with Jet Hammer and hit them with it. You can also use it to punish Jiggs rests if they don't kill you and if you play Dedede dittos you can use Jethammer to hit them out of their upB. I've also used Jethammer to punish spotdodges.

Jethammer really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Its uses are very narrow but it's also essentially an fsmash which you can walk around with while it charges.
I can see it working on the first one you said about Meta Knight, good.
But for the Jigglypuff one...you're assuming that she doesn't kill us with Rest, so that means that it's better to forward smash her instead because it will be more knockback [uncharged] than when we try to charge up a jet hammer when some of her sleep frames have gone away.
But if we shield her Rest, then both a forward smash and a somewhat charged jet hammer will be an interchangeable choice, both will kill.
Yes in dittoes...that's a good use for it when the other King Dedede is in great lag while coming down.
Your last sentence is a good theory, it's uses are narrow, but that means there are sometimes better and more safer moves to use than jet hammer.
And "punishing a spotdodge" with jet hammer is like saying jet hammer is a mindgame. But yeah we both know that the move is used the majority for mindgames. Also for punishin your opponent while in lag.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But for the Jigglypuff one...you're assuming that she doesn't kill us with Rest, so that means that it's better to forward smash her instead because it will be more knockback [uncharged] than when we try to charge up a jet hammer when some of her sleep frames have gone away.
But if we shield her Rest, then both a forward smash and a somewhat charged jet hammer will be an interchangeable choice, both will kill.
I think you mistunderstood. Let me berak it down.

1. Jiggs rests you but doesn't kill you because Rest sucks in this game. This puts you in the air at which point you are falling back down.
2. While you are falling, charge Jethammer.
3. Once you land, position yourself so you can hit Jiggs with it and keep charging.
4. Release just as she wakes up.
5. Dead Jiggs.

You can't do this with fsmash. And if you shield rest, fsmash is obviously a better option.

And "punishing a spotdodge" with jet hammer is like saying jet hammer is a mindgame.
Of course it's a mindgame. How could a move that slow not be a mindgame? Unless you're Ike and all your moves are that slow.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Only nubs like Atomsk and CO18 would think to do something as useless as that!

<_<

*goes to AiB and finds an MK*

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I think you mistunderstood. Let me berak it down.

1. Jiggs rests you but doesn't kill you because Rest sucks in this game. This puts you in the air at which point you are falling back down.
2. While you are falling, charge Jethammer.
3. Once you land, position yourself so you can hit Jiggs with it and keep charging.
4. Release just as she wakes up.
5. Dead Jiggs.

You can't do this with fsmash. And if you shield rest, fsmash is obviously a better option.

Of course it's a mindgame. How could a move that slow not be a mindgame? Unless you're Ike and all your moves are that slow.
Understood.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Pranked means a person with a premium membership from smashboards turned your name bright pink. Can not be done to Mods and Senators.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
CO18 is static shock?

Ike's jab is slow?

Tekk knows not of what "Pranked" is?

What is this world coming to?!

CO18

Smash Hero
yea sk92 definitley does ROFL. im just black with long hair only similarity. sk's face and hairstyle are like the same lmaoo

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I love Static Shock for being a reverse racism show. Instead of a realistic white character and a black token you get a realistic black character and a white token.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ike's jab is the only move he has that's not slow. And even then it's only average speed for a jab.

3 frames is above average for a jab.

ZSS/squirtle have frame one jabs.
Luigi/peach have frame 2 jabs

so if you consider a move that only 4 people have faster, out of a cast of 38, to be average, than i guess thats just what you think...

also, dont you play the slowest jab in the game?

Gates

Banned via Warnings

3 frames is above average for a jab.

ZSS/squirtle have frame one jabs.
Luigi/peach have frame 2 jabs

so if you consider a move that only 4 people have faster, out of a cast of 38, to be average, than i guess thats just what you think...

also, dont you play the slowest jab in the game?
I'm sorry I don't know frame data for a character I don't play.

And Dedede doesn't even have a jab.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Falco's is 1 or 2
you right, its 2, i knew i was forgetting someone.
get out of here sonic.
hey now... i play ddd too. although these days its mainly to embarass bad snakes, bad metaknights and all warios.
I'm sorry I don't know frame data for a character I don't play.

And Dedede doesn't even have a jab.
thats why youre bad, you should have general knowledge on every character.
Jab > Utilt doesn't work...

All DDD mains switch to PT for a 1F jab!
with ike? hell yea that mess works...

Top Bottom