• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its already fixed. Don't worry. Me and Dee worked it out and everything is going just fine. It took 6 long days of fighting, arguing, kicking, and screaming, to come to realize we were actually saying the exact same thing two different ways. I swear are of our 'arguments' can be boiled down to

"That's a manatee"
"No, that's a seacow!"

only dealing with life instead of names.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Well good to hear man, glad **** worked out for you.

on another note i had like 10 tacos today ;o

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You are what you eat, you proud Latino man who values his heritage that he is willing to settle for cheap imitation of his childhood.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You are what you eat, you proud Latino man who values his heritage that he is willing to settle for cheap imitation of his childhood.
Zip. is black actually, you can't judge ppl by what they eat. I'm asian and I dont eat any seafood, get at me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I tested the dthrow->Usmash on Snake. He has enough time to sheild it, but it's unlikey that Snakes will be sheilding in the middle of a chaingrab so it can probably still be used for surprise value.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So I tested the dthrow->Usmash on Snake. He has enough time to sheild it, but it's unlikey that Snakes will be sheilding in the middle of a chaingrab so it can probably still be used for surprise value.
Yea, but Dsmash is just so much of a better option...

Better range, better knockback, just a better move.

Zip.

Smash Lord
i wouldn't go for either unless the snake was at really high % xD

on another note...i just had subway
oy too good.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yea, but Dsmash is just so much of a better option...

Better range, better knockback, just a better move.
Although your second line is correct, both smashes are used in different situations. Aside from up smash being a followup to a chaingrab, I'll just assume that only myself has found the best use for up smash, while nobody else even cares for the move.

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
**** Serin, you just hurt the Usmash's feelings... It's not THAT bad.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
this

beef is this your method?
Partly. But what da K.I.D. said is the best way to use up smash.
But Usmash sucks ;__;
It only sucks for you because you're using it in the wrong situations.

Everybody, you will now be witnessing the full potential of our up smash. I've never seen anybody else, but me, use it in this way. This way is by far the best way, which is when somebody is falling down. It's out of an unavoidable mindgame. It's exactly how Ike uses his up smash to kill, which was what da K.I.D. said. Look at the first kill of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvPC8QxAz4

Every one of our moves has a good use, besides Jet Hammer.

Coney

Smash Master
i use my usmash primarily for covering b-reversing snakes; get under them at such an angle that even if they do b-reverse they'll get hit by the backswing. usually is a clean hit and doesn't blow up the grenade too, which is nice!

other than that it's really just a shock move

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Partly. But what da K.I.D. said is the best way to use up smash.
That's great but I have no idea how Ikes use their usmash. Could you explain?

Also, something cool happened yesterday. I was playing against a G&W and accidentally threw a Waddle Doo. The G&W runs over to it and stands in front of it with his bucket open waiting for Waddle Doo's attack. So I dash attacked him. :colorful:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Beef, Jethammer has a good use. If MK tries that uair string into Tornado and it doesn't kill you you can come down with Jet Hammer and hit them with it. You can also use it to punish Jiggs rests if they don't kill you and if you play Dedede dittos you can use Jethammer to hit them out of their upB. I've also used Jethammer to punish spotdodges.

Jethammer really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Its uses are very narrow but it's also essentially an fsmash which you can walk around with while it charges.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jet hammer is really good for marth.

if you can intentionally NOT be perfect with your chaingrab and make him think he can up b you, (might involve getting hit by it once) itll make them think they can up b you out of your CG every time, so when you try to CG them around the 50-60 mark, just do down throw to charge down b, and by the time he gets back to the ground you can kill him.

so far the only real use for jet hammer that Ive ever been able to do.

also, if you do that, make sure you use it at a percent that will give you a low percent kill, but not high enough in damage that you could kill them with another move, cus then that just wastes the oppurtunity. cus it only works like 1-3 times per person, ever.

getting hit, and dying to a move like jet hammer is a pretty traumatic experience.

also my favorite up smash use is at the end of a stage as a grab release on wario.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Usmash OoS sucks. I only use it because my wiichuck doesn't wanna bair or fair OoS.

EDIT: @CRASHiC - It's still a bad move to use constantly.

Top Bottom