• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Taj and I are confirmed for this. Tai will most likely be joining us too. Right now Vman can't come because of financial issues :(

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
There is nothing wrong with wanting to touch another guy.
Yes, that just shows you're so handsome that you attract both genders. If someone wants to touch you, ignore it if you choose but embrace your newfound achivement. :troll:

MacD

Banned via Administration
yo guys watch out for a homo kid name Evan Watkins aka Meta. he likes little boys and grown men with baby faces. if u house him or share room with him he will try to touch u! just lettin everyone know before they regret!! he also offered to share same room with david macdonald aka kirbykaze and give him free reacharounds!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

does this mean i'm going to have competition???

i thought i had a monopoly on the little boys/baby face market :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lovage

Smash Hero
ummm will there be a reg list like pound for seperate games? I dont wanna go if 4 ppl show up since its been melee mostly.
i mean genesis 1 had the same entrants for both games (brawl a bit more actually)

melee players just post a lot lol

i think this is gonna be really big for brawl especially west coast

strawhats

Smash Master
Taj and I are confirmed for this. Tai will most likely be joining us too. Right now Vman can't come because of financial issues :(
I have a feeling vman will find a way to go...especially since leffen is going and he says he wants to play him...gotta squash that beef you know. Funny thing is, Vman was on KK, Raynex, and Unknown's livestream lastt night saying he would pay to get Fumi to come here. (one could only dream) I think Mind Trick is also interested in this.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
For what it's worth. I'd love to see him play, i'd love him for him to come, and Yes i'd still even offer anything I could to help pay for him....

At this moment in time, I don't see myself playing, I'd rather not repeat what I've put in the social discussion thread, but for those who have, my decision/thoughts, stand on that subject, and give my best wishes to everyone playing. I feel as if I owe Twin(s) and that's one reason, I'd like to attend, however with me being limited on $$$ I can't have any problems..

As amazing as Pound V was, WAYY too many financial issues...My hotel was NOT the price I was supposed to be paying. 2 people whom were supposed to room w/us to make payment(s) cheaper never showed, thus making me pay more. Axe had some unfortunate turn of events, so the plane tickets I had originally purchased him, did no justice to him. He had to get new tickets which were expensive since it was near the day of the tournament. I myself didn't want Axe to be in a financial situation, so I thought I could help, so on his behalf I offered to pay for his hotel fare so he could at least be a bit more stable/comfortable with finances etc...and he told me he'd help pay me back in any way he could if the opportune arrises....(sadly the Pound V dilemma Axe won't get to help pay me back since he himself wasn't paid either)

The SOLE reason we made it to the tournament was because "The Cape" he offered the money in trust that I'd pay him back ($1,000) what a guy! :) (which I currently am doing in "payment(s) so Axe and I could attend this tournament...All in all my hotel bill was $498.92 <----- this was just MY share...the entire bill was $684.31. I had purchased internet for the room for the nights so a lil extra was charged. also apparently my card was used to reserve a different room but we never "checked in" I believe I was charged a lil extra on this, <---- (this flirts with what Plank was talking about by not meeting quota of people) so I believe (I could be wrong) but I was charged a lil extra on this as well..and might've been a victim of this as well.

Both Axe and my tickets (the ones I paid for) were $290ish each... 290x2 = 580+684=1264+(food, etc for 4 days... so around $1350...for the entire weekend....1350 > 1000 I was lent, so in a financial stature... it wasn't successful for me...I made a mistake at Pound 4 as well w/a financial situation regarding my idol Taj, and good friend Tai, and put them in a position i'd never wanna put ANYONE one in ever again.... luckily that was resolved and I gave my condolences, for the trouble I caused Taj, and most importanlty paid him back...even a bit more than what I owed, just cuz I felt like ****. All in all this tournament only put me more in the hole... lol

I have to finish paying off Cape, I don't make much money as it is... I have house payments/bills etc.. just like most of us.. :p... With all of this.. I honestly don't see myself making G2 (obviously) not to mention my thoughts I've already posted in the social thread are still at it's strongest points.... Honestly unless someone's extremely like rich/generous...etc... (which I wouldn't exactly want either, but only if it's fine w/them etc) I think Genesis 2 will ONLY put me more in the hole... and I just don't need that right now...

:(

tw1n

Smash Champion
I feel as if I owe Twin(s) and that's one reason,
I am curious as to this one lol :D I think you are reverring to my bro and I but I cannot think of one thing you would owe us lol.

I really hope you can make it to G2 bro. Even if it means carpooling that long drive :D

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^nah I mean oweing you as in meeting you before I officially stop playing....

Sad thing about retirement is... there's ALWAYS that feeling of wanting to come back/not wanting to quit... the thing is... that's not me....

I used to be a professional CS player, than afterwards.. I played Halo professionally for a long time...to this day.. a small part of me regrets quitting Halo to get into SSBM.... A VERY VERY VERY Small part of me.. but it's there.....I've wanted to come back to both of these games, but just haven't...and no plan to...
If I were to leave this game, it'd be no different from the other two...I'd just need to find another thing to do, which for me usually isn't too tough....thing is... Idk what i want atm in time...

^I feel as if I owe the twins, because i've yet to meet them, and I, and they have been wanting to.... if anything I suppose.. a trip to G2, would be that... just a trip...(but as i've said before, financially I don't see me makin it w/o help) I'd prolly stay, help them (twins) commentate, interview people.. etc... idk. I'm kinda in that stage where to me, further helping the community is more important to me than helping/refining my own abilities....idk.. honestly..

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Well if theres any way we can help you get out there then we'll do it.

Step up community, help get Vman to Genesis 2 :D

We could always do something like anyone who donates we'll teach a magic trick to or give them a fighting lesson or something :p
Or more origami (chocobos for everyone again haha)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I like that idea bro. Anyone who can donate to VMAN making it to this tourney, my bro and I will teach them any magic trick we know.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
IF ANYONE GOING SPEAKS INDONESIAN/MALAY AND LETS ME BOTHER THEM WITH TONS OF CONVERSATION AT THIS I WILL BUY YOU A COUPLE MEALS AND GIVE YOU MEDIOCRE MELEE ADVICE! WE' WILL BE BEST FRIENDS!

If I get my mandarin to intermediate before then , then i'll do the same for that too.

Thanks!

I think i already know who to bother for spanish hahaha.

The King

Smash Ace
I could always just improv some Mandarian or Indonesian or whatever floats your boat.

Xie li hexauri phomii bei, Bobby. Habibagih "Crouch-cancel smash DI" xanwei fai "190% Yoshi's Story" conbrei mough.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
*is totally hyped* =D 3 months till im in cali!

also Ice is definitely not going..so I still need a team partner. Anyone good interested?

if no one else offers closer to the date I'll team with you Kage

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
vman better come. he promised to commentary with me on my set up.
I'm going to do my best to make it...hopefully finances will allow for it.... However............

I have NO desire to enter singles/doubles etc.....so please, don't ask me to do that....

ATM in time, i've no desire for that right now or even to keep playing. Im missing that "something" you know?... Ofc I'll play limitless amounts of friendlies with people, and even a decent amount of MM's.. If I go.. I'd like to commentate with JB, interview people with the Twins and support my boys here in AZ :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol much love. My bro and I want to get a new camera and do a bunch of interviews with as many smashers as possible lol.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
*is totally hyped* =D 3 months till im in cali!

also Ice is definitely not going..so I still need a team partner. Anyone good interested?

if no one else offers closer to the date I'll team with you Kage >_>
I'll team with you if you want. I need to record some updated matches, the ones you can find of me online are really bad I cringe watching them... Sadly where our fests and tournaments are hosted there isn't an ideal way to record because people are lazy =/

Edit: I'm so hyped.. Can't stop thinking about the trip OMFG I'm going to Genesis 2 XD

WassupJB

Smash Lord
lol, jb on chill mode. so after genesis, this is it for u smashwise?
i'm d-u-n (done). i'm uploading clips of you right now. checkout my channel.

by the way, i need to somehow get this washington footage to you because i feel like deleting it (sorry), but that's like 6+ gigs of space that can be cleaned off my hard drive hahaha

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I'll team with you if you want. I need to record some updated matches, the ones you can find of me online are really bad I cringe watching them... Sadly where our fests and tournaments are hosted there isn't an ideal way to record because people are lazy =/

Edit: I'm so hyped.. Can't stop thinking about the trip OMFG I'm going to Genesis 2 XD
no offense, but I dont know who you are lol

I'm going there to be serious and try to win, quote from earlier

turns out that ice probably won't be going =( it really sucks cause best in the UK + Germany = **** combo and we're both solid players, we wouldve got so far

so that means I need a new teams partner >_>, anyone really good up for the challenge?

I hate having to carry people in teams then lose to the best teams, so step up if you are definitely good enough ;) (and seriously not choke against top players and get ***** lol)

in Europe I've teamed with
Yuna ( 5th.. )
Tonberry ( 5th again.. )
KJab ( We won at Super Lion )
Faab ( 3rd at Epita, nearly 2nd against Zgetto + Adam but he sd'd ;_;, we beat Amsah + Remen )
Vanity Angel ( 5th at B.E.A.S.T beating Jeapie + Pamaro )

My newest european teams partner from now on is Pasi (he knocked out Zgetto at B.E.A.S.T) so we're looking to **** teams =)
So far kage has offered me but im not too sure about teaming with ganon

are all the falcon mains taken up? im guessing hax is teaming with hungrybox

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol you guys are being such haters, isn't there a thing called personal preference? I've already explained this a few pages back and its got nothing to do with kage's skill level

there's 3 months till this event and im not saying "no" bluntly to kage, im seeing what else pops up first and then I'd team with kage but in all honestly I dont think we'd win teams with ganon. Thats just how I feel about it, we'd definitely make bracket but then lose later on since..ganon gets merked in teams sometimes) I dont think anyone can disagree with this statement even kage lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom