• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
2hello!! my name is osvaldo, but in youtube mi nick name is "valdo" or "the Situation" i am mexican and I want to go to the tournament , but not know the prices!

I need :

price of tournament (singles - teams ) and hotel

someone offers to stay? :S ! Free hosting? !!

any player from California to help me
any news on Javi and maybe Tuga (wishful thinking if he could go as well), as well as EX, and maxi?

also pm King/Germ/Boback(sf-x) about housing and price for hotel/singles and doubles.

Valdo_MEX

Smash Rookie
any news on Javi and maybe Tuga (wishful thinking if he could go as well), as well as EX, and maxi?

also pm King/Germ/Boback(sf-x) about housing and price for hotel/singles and doubles.
Javi and tuga not talk about !!

only javi wants to go, but does nothing about it! only this at home, watching TV

waiting for someone to sponsor the trip to california....

maxi not play melee now

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
hey jason we teaming at this like the old times??

i really hope i can make it to this genesis1 was my fav tourney of all time
so im really going to try to make this

sidefx

Smash Champion
Might I request a second genesis thread, one for social banter, and one for legitimate questions? Its getting a little annoying having my questions drowned which really would help if they were answered.

Do you have to pay a deposit for the hotel, and do the above rates apply for extended stays?
Im from australia so I want to know these before I blow like $10 on a phone call for 1 minute to USA to find out these answers and potentially make a reservation.

If anyone knows if this is possible it would help a lot.

I plan on booking for wednesday night through till tuesday morning after genesis. Can I ring up the hotel and make a RESERVATION for those dates, without having to actually pay for them yet? I have heard you can pay at check-in. Following that, if for some reason my date of arrival changes (pending housing arrangements), am I able to alter my reservation period (say, thursday night-tuesday morning) without being hit with a cancellation fee when I rock up? Also to reiterate the earlier question, does anyone know if I would only be charged $59 a night if I booked for 6 nights, or does these special rates only apply for the 3 days.

Thanks...
there is no deposit to book your rooms.

as far as extended prices, youd have to talk to the manager about that, Beth. We contracted a week before the event for the discounts, and a few days after, but not much. If you were planning on staying a while longer, then im sure she wouldnt mind extending the prices.

Payment of the rooms happen when you are there, and when you check out.

So your reservations should be priced at the discounted prices listed in the first post. Let me know if she tries to shaft you in pricing, I will talk to her

sidefx

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how to start this post so I'll just write whatever comes to my mind, this will be long but please read :)

So I'm a very active smash player from Israel, if you follow the ice climbers boards you probably know me already, and this July I'm fulfilling my dream and coming to Genesis 2 (HYPE!!!) but since international tourneys are sadly a new thing for me I need help with a million and one topics and questions:

1. Since my main goal in this soon-to-be epic trip is to play as much smash as possible, when is the earliest time I can arrive at the venue/hotel and still find people to play with? Once I'm there, how will I find people to play with etc... Pretty much any information and help you can give me about anything that happens before the actual event is appreciated.

2. This isn't going to cheap and I'm aware of it, but I would greatly appreciate help and information regarding splitting a room, housing solutions besides the hotel and other ways that I'm not aware of to save money.

3. Although Genesis is going to be the main event, I will be in the US for ~3 weeks, I currently don't know exactly when and where but mostly in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas (Again, as far as I know). Where and how can I find other smash events, no matter how small, in this general area between 12.7.11-3.8.11.

4. I need a teams partner, for both melee and brawl (Although I mainly play melee), obviously I prefer having someone good :p. If you want to see my level, in a couple of weeks I should have good videos to upload, don't judge me by the severely outdated videos of me you can currently find on youtube, I assure you I'm much better than that now. Do not worry about the language barrier, my English is fine.

5. Since this is a unique event for me and maybe a once in a life time experience (Hopefully not!), I have a special request to personally meet and play some of the big names, I understand if it's not realistic/possible but I would really appreciate it :), think about it, how many chances will you have to play with an Israeli top smasher...

6. Well, if you have anything else to say to help me make these 3 weeks the best time of my life, please do!

Void out, mad hyped, thanks everyone!

People will be arriving at the hotel anywhere from 4-5 days before (very few) to 2 days before (majority). You will have NO problem finding people to play with at the hotel at all. Every single room will be booked with smashers in it, so all you have to do is walk around and call next in any room on any tv.

As far as playing notable people, there will be ample time at the tournament, as well as the nights in between at the hotel to play everyone you ever wanted to play. I can assure you most of the top players will be attending and this is your place to show them how Israel does it. =)

As far as splitting hotel costs, im sure it wouldnt be a problem finding someone to help house you in the hotel room. I know its a gamble but if you plan it out ahead of time with someone getting a room, maybe some other international players, then im sure they wouldnt mind splitting the cost even more.

Housing at specific peoples homes might be a bit difficult, because i know for a fact last time the majority of the norcal player base just got hotel rooms at the hotel to experience the tournament even further. your best bet would be to split a room with someone at the hotel.

The Pacwest forums on smashboards will probably be your best bet to find tournaments in the SF, LA, and Vegas areas while you are here. Im not sure exactly what is going on within the 3 weeks you are here, but that would be the place to find the events you want to attend.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Also, ive been swamped with homework lately, which is the reason why i havent been able to answer a lot of questions. Im usually on top of that shiet, so feel free to post whatever you want here.. OR... use the facebook link above to get in contact that way.

You can add "me" by clicking the Facebook icon above and just post on the wall, send a pm, poke me, whatever you want. I check it daily and it might be a better way to get in contact.

There is also aim, that you can use to msg me if you feel your voice is being drowned in this thread.

Also..

I can ASSURE YOU.. this will not end up like Pound. So stop acting like every TO from now until forever is going to **** you over and not pay up.

We have all of our expenses being paid for out of pocket. The venue fee is what its designed for. To pay for the venue.

We are not planning on paying ANYTHING with the prize pool money, and have back up options just in case we fall short on money to pay for the event.

I would rather get in deep **** with the venue operators than take money out of the prize pool to pay for ****. I dont know how else to say it, but i can guarantee people will get paid, in cash, in person, and on time.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I would rather get in deep **** with the venue operators than take money out of the prize pool to pay for ****. I dont know how else to say it, but i can guarantee people will get paid, in cash, in person, and on time.
we need more of this ****

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Sidefx, that really helps, it appears that I'm not gonna miss the smash hotel for any price in the world :p

Just need team partners now and maybe someone to split a room with...

Browny

Smash Hater
sidefx, is it too early to make a housing thread or something?

Like I know even if one existed today, theres no guarantee the availability would be the same later in the year, Id just like to know how many people are actually able to do it so I could organise my flights around dates which people are able to house if possible.

It really does make a big difference to international visitors who have to book flights long in advance :(

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
SFAT if you are 100% housing (doesn't matter for how long) me can you please provide your address because I need it for applications to pass the border

thanks

PM me this asap dude, I need to complete this application (ESTA, to get into the US without a VISA)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Getting time off of work shouldnt be too hard with a 3+ month notice...

But if your job is one of those overly annoying ones about time off then maybe you should suck it up a bit and call in sick Thurs. Fri. and Mon.

I mean come on. IT'S FREAKIN GENESIS2!!!!!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
No ones telling you to lose our job.

If you CAN take the days off, but dont want to because of morals, then thats on you (thats a moral code I really dont understand).

If taking the days off would get you fired, then you obviously cant come.

Zone

Smash Champion
No ones telling you to lose our job.

If you CAN take the days off, but dont want to because of morals, then thats on you (thats a moral code I really dont understand).

If taking the days off would get you fired, then you obviously cant come.
Not to mention there is a good chance I wouldn't get away with it.

The company doesn't allow vacation days in the month of July cuz we are super busy. I literally sleep work sleep for that whole month.
No I can't take them. I'm saying I can't lie and call in sick, cuz I'd feel guilty. Not to mention being out of state calling in feels even worse.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Lol well as I said before, my bro and I plan on coming into Cali early if anyone can house us :)
I might have another Israeli smasher come with me, if I don't, I will probably look to split a room with someone (Or more than one person if that person can find himself a place to sleep).

Anyway, I got my visa today, megahyped... How will I be able to find you if you arrive early? I wanna smash :p

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Not to mention there is a good chance I wouldn't get away with it.

The company doesn't allow vacation days in the month of July cuz we are super busy. I literally sleep work sleep for that whole month.
No I can't take them. I'm saying I can't lie and call in sick, cuz I'd feel guilty. Not to mention being out of state calling in feels even worse.
calling in sick doesn't hurt anyone. if u are that big on always telling the truth I hope you are consistent. think back and see if there are any times u remember lying about something. if anyone of them is bigger than just calling in sick from work, you should really reconsider.

GENESIS is amazing! if there is ANY way you can make it you should definitely come.

don't put your job in jeopardy but if u can be sick without much of a hassle then go for it.

Zone

Smash Champion
@Koastar : it's not really all about the lying although that makes me feel bad
Itself. It's the sole fact
That someone else will have to cover my grueling sleep/work/sleep schedule /w no benefits to my commission they just worked.

It's no longer if I can call in or not I'm not doing it I'd I can't get the days off legitimately I'm not going, I was just curious if July dates for this tourney are going to be consistent.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I might have another Israeli smasher come with me, if I don't, I will probably look to split a room with someone (Or more than one person if that person can find himself a place to sleep).

Anyway, I got my visa today, megahyped... How will I be able to find you if you arrive early? I wanna smash :p
Awesome to hear that you got your visa!
We're just lookin for someone to house us up until thursday tho. That's when the smash hotel kicks in :)

And we can always talk more as the tourney gets closer by PMing eachother :D

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
@Koastar : it's not really all about the lying although that makes me feel bad
Itself. It's the sole fact
That someone else will have to cover my grueling sleep/work/sleep schedule /w no benefits to my commission they just worked.

It's no longer if I can call in or not I'm not doing it I'd I can't get the days off legitimately I'm not going, I was just curious if July dates for this tourney are going to be consistent.
Well, at least there's Apex for you.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
my friend who ive been talking to for 8 years might be in cali around the same time and stay for longer to see me

shes gonna be in LA and wondering what the cheapest method to get to SFO will be?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so...

i got my new job.

i have some money in the bank.

west coast, what's really progductive?

Browny

Smash Hater
thanks for the heads up sidefx, the rates for genesis apply for any amount of time before and after the event (obviously within reason, i didnt ask for specifics lol) so I reserved a parlor suite for a week, pending housing I might require for later in the week after genesis. It took me a while to figure out how to even get a call to usa lol.

For anyone else though, the receptionist there said to me that she wasnt sure if there were many left so if you want the big suite, prob should ring early :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom