• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
1. Since my main goal in this soon-to-be epic trip is to play as much smash as possible, when is the earliest time I can arrive at the venue/hotel and still find people to play with? Once I'm there, how will I find people to play with etc... Pretty much any information and help you can give me about anything that happens before the actual event is appreciated.
For the hotel you should be able to show up early the day before the tourney and there will be players there (my brother and myself included. If all else fails, we can melee it up)

2. This isn't going to cheap and I'm aware of it, but I would greatly appreciate help and information regarding splitting a room, housing solutions besides the hotel and other ways that I'm not aware of to save money.
Theres always players charging $30 or so for someone to stay in their rooms. I'm sure as a community we'll be able to find you someting :D

3. Although Genesis is going to be the main event, I will be in the US for ~3 weeks, I currently don't know exactly when and where but mostly in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas (Again, as far as I know). Where and how can I find other smash events, no matter how small, in this general area between 12.7.11-3.8.11.
Can't help you here, but I recommend searching in the region threads.

4. I need a teams partner, for both melee and brawl (Although I mainly play melee), obviously I prefer having someone good :p. If you want to see my level, in a couple of weeks I should have good videos to upload, don't judge me by the severely outdated videos of me you can currently find on youtube, I assure you I'm much better than that now. Do not worry about the language barrier, my English is fine.
Just keep posting in here. Or maybe you and Fuzzy could team, wouldn't that be a trip :p

5. Since this is a unique event for me and maybe a once in a life time experience (Hopefully not!), I have a special request to personally meet and play some of the big names, I understand if it's not realistic/possible but I would really appreciate it :), think about it, how many chances will you have to play with an Israeli top smasher...
It's surprisingly easy to do this. Just don't be shy and stay in a corner the whole time. Socialize and get out there :D

6. Well, if you have anything else to say to help me make these 3 weeks the best time of my life, please do!

Void out, mad hyped, thanks everyone!
As I said before, just socialize and get yourself out there :D

Looking forward to meeting you buddy

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to get internet access during our (2 week) roadtrip, assuming we have a computer?
We'll be pretty far from any big cities a lot of the time, so good signal coverage is more important than speed.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol im saying kage is a ****ing good player, im just not entirely sure about teaming wtih ganon even if he's got "THE PUNCH" that goes through everything! apart from moves of the same properties!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvW_Xo__4m8

but yeah I would use falcon/fox with ganon (most likely fox)

I've been using fox a lot more in teams and it seems to be working out. Fox is ****ing awesome at supporting ganon

It's still pretty early but don't rely on it, I might team with you kage if nothing else pops up and im sure we'd place top 10 =) Hope there's no offence taken

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Fuzzy + Kage would be a pretty beast team. Whether or not you team in the tourney, I request a match vs you both against my bro and I.

May the priests of 1000 worlds pray mercy for you both ;)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
can't wait for this. but before i make sure i'm going..

was just wondering if there is prizes for people who place, or if they just go home feeling good about themselves?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im guessing most of the top players have team partners already :p

so were you guys gonna help ice come? :) (ah I might've found a way to help him thanks to m2k)

strawhats

Smash Master
im guessing most of the top players have team partners already :p

so were you guys gonna help ice come? :) (ah I might've found a way to help him thanks to m2k)
wow...jason does it again.:)

someone needs to convince calle W's parents that he's in good hands. He's like what 19 yrs old now. He's approaching that age where he should be able to make his own decisions, responsibly and respectfully of course.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I kinda, maybe, really want to come to this. Scar are you going?

Depends on plane ticket prices, but is anyone from the EC coming that I know?

pockyD

Smash Legend
wow...jason does it again.:)

someone needs to convince calle W's parents that he's in good hands. He's like what 19 yrs old now. He's approaching that age where he should be able to make his own decisions, responsibly and respectfully of course.
cool, they should definitely be coming to you for parenting advice

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...wut. No way

I've had this name for yrs. My nickname in junior high was strawhat.(I won't go into how I got that name lol) I wasn't even aware of Strawhat Dahean when I made my name.

Strawhats (NY, EAST COAST) One Piece fan. Marth main. Currently living in CT.
Strawhat Dahean (Spain)
Strawhat64

There's another Strawhat(one piece based name) who's a brawl player.

Browny

Smash Hater
do these hotel rates only apply for the 3 days?

if i was to book a week at the ramada, would it be at those rates for every day (including genesis weekend obviously)? Also if to reserve a room, I need a deposit or what. If someone is able to ring up the ramada and check for me that would be greatly appreciated... I would but the cost of a call from aus on a mobile would be extreme :/

Also, how long do people think until the big rooms sell out? I plan on reserving things as early as as possible. At this rate, looks like id plan for tuesday 12th through till the tuesday after genesis. BART looks pretty good lol.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Stupid question: Does each room in the a hotel contain a TV with RCA connection? Because I've seen hotel TVs that don't have these.....

And I'm still looking for more detailed answers to my post in page 133, Thanks Twin_A!!

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
What airport should I fly into? Is there a site that will help me plan a transit route from the airport to antioch?

edit: nevermind, my brain turned on.

Browny

Smash Hater
Might I request a second genesis thread, one for social banter, and one for legitimate questions? Its getting a little annoying having my questions drowned which really would help if they were answered.

Do you have to pay a deposit for the hotel, and do the above rates apply for extended stays?
Im from australia so I want to know these before I blow like $10 on a phone call for 1 minute to USA to find out these answers and potentially make a reservation.

If anyone knows if this is possible it would help a lot.

I plan on booking for wednesday night through till tuesday morning after genesis. Can I ring up the hotel and make a RESERVATION for those dates, without having to actually pay for them yet? I have heard you can pay at check-in. Following that, if for some reason my date of arrival changes (pending housing arrangements), am I able to alter my reservation period (say, thursday night-tuesday morning) without being hit with a cancellation fee when I rock up? Also to reiterate the earlier question, does anyone know if I would only be charged $59 a night if I booked for 6 nights, or does these special rates only apply for the 3 days.

Thanks...

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Browny, I have questions that I need to be answered before my trip and they simply got scrolled away......

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Browny. PM SideFX with the pricing questions.

Also some hotels get upset if you miss a day you had reserved unless you call and speak with them about it a few days in advance to warn them. It is honestly up to the hotel. I've been at some that don't have a fee and some that will charge you the whole day either way.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah im not considering short notice, but maybe like 2-3 months lol idk how some hotels are, in aus you often have to pay a deposit or pay the full price before you even turn up.

Also, pm'ing sidefx is hard when he hasn't been online in four days >_<

Laijin are you saying you need a credit card to reserve a room at the ramada?

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
Yeah im not considering short notice, but maybe like 2-3 months lol idk how some hotels are, in aus you often have to pay a deposit or pay the full price before you even turn up.

Also, pm'ing sidefx is hard when he hasn't been online in four days >_<

Laijin are you saying you need a credit card to reserve a room at the ramada?
yo when i called to book a parlor they asked for credit card and i asked if they r gonna charge me right now they said nah we charge u when u show up here. theres no deposits too

Valdo_MEX

Smash Rookie
Prices!!!!! what are the prices

2hello!! my name is osvaldo, but in youtube mi nick name is "valdo" or "the Situation" i am mexican and I want to go to the tournament , but not know the prices!

I need :

price of tournament (singles - teams ) and hotel

someone offers to stay? :S ! Free hosting? !!

any player from California to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom