• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Thank you. We'll arrive late on June 30th, but we get the RV the next morning so that's when we would pick up the TV from somewhere.

And yes it will be awesome, planning a ~2500 mile drive to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Yosemite national park (and others), Grand Canyon, and more.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
might as well make the most of it

youre going to absolutely love yosemite. and vegas ;)
Actually I've already been to most of these places, but they're definitely worth seeing again, and this time I'll walk all the way down to Gran Canyon.
Also just remembered... this trip will include my 100th flight. Yay =)

tw1n

Smash Champion
MacD is right about the 16 thing. But some states have it to where both the driver and the person get fined (cough damn New Mexico cough) lol.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Yeah anyone with outstanding debts to others in the community are not welcome at Genesis 2. I know who they are, we dont need to go into detail, but as long as there are debts still owed, that person will not be allowed to reserve a room at the Ramada (since ive blocked out every single room there under my name) and also wont be able to enter the venue, or the property of the venue.

ill put this on the front page soon so people dont start making plans about coming when they owe people money.

if anyone knows of people who owe money, just send me a pm so i know who they are so i can try and verify the claim.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea thats pretty legit. you get props from me as well

the guy who owes me $180 doesnt play smash anymore so i wouldnt have to tell you who he is to keep him out

Zoap

Smash Master
ajp anton: Even though its been basically answered I will give you an answer directly from a law officer of california. For RV's only the people riding in the cab of the RV must be wearing seatbelts, everyone else should be seated while in motion but it is only the two in the cab that are responsible for seatbelts. As to who gets fined, MacD hit it right on the nose.

If it were a car/truck, completely different story.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The person not wearing the seatbelt doesn't get fined. The driver does.
Yea dude, thats not even the law in WA. 16+ age of consent. if u can ****, you can get a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt.
hi. i want come to genesis. :) it being a long time since i set foot on the land of the west. but need friends. :( anyone want be a team? i am not that good right now but i will train until then.

contact info:

AIM: xxkirbysanxx ( I going on sometime )
XBL: devilfoxx ( I on everyday for MvC3 and CoD )
You already kno, the Wash is down to kickit.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol what kind of ****ty law is this and in what state?
lol i was 18 when it happened to me. i was in the back middle in a full car, but it had no seatbelt. its the drivers responsibility to not drive if everyone isn't safe. we got pulled over for wreckless driving because my friend was swerving to music.. he did a seatbelt check, i told him im not wearing one when he flashed it on me, i told him theres no seatbelt there thats why im not wearing it, he asked for my ID, and just checked to see if I had a criminal record or anything. driver got the fine for it because it's his responsibility. not much to argue except "hey you got in the car and went along even after the no seat belt" but it doesn't work that way, atleast not here. because i didnt get a ticket or anything.

after reading klines post, i dont know then maybe he was in a good mood, because I got off FREE.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Thank you everyone for the seatbelt answers.

Yeah anyone with outstanding debts to others in the community are not welcome at Genesis 2.
Damn, that would include almost everyone in our group... except the one who paid for all of us. Haha =)

xHayatox

Smash Lord
Yea dude, thats not even the law in WA. 16+ age of consent. if u can ****, you can get a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt.

You already kno, the Wash is down to kickit.
nice sir. i finally old enough to rent a car without all the bs to go along with it. :) cant wait. it be very nice to meet team dbr again after many years since OC2 in 2006 or SCC in 2007.

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah anyone with outstanding debts to others in the community are not welcome at Genesis 2. I know who they are, we dont need to go into detail, but as long as there are debts still owed, that person will not be allowed to reserve a room at the Ramada (since ive blocked out every single room there under my name) and also wont be able to enter the venue, or the property of the venue.

ill put this on the front page soon so people dont start making plans about coming when they owe people money.

if anyone knows of people who owe money, just send me a pm so i know who they are so i can try and verify the claim.
^This. Oh and you still owe me that $1 from high school boback, what now lol.

But while we're still loosely on the subject of Hotel Rooms... if anyone reading this knows for a moderate certainty that they'll be attending Genesis-2 with the intention of renting a hotel room at the Ramada Inn, I strongly urge you to book as soon as possible. After contacting the manager, it seems that so far we have fewer than half a dozen rooms rented out thus far for the tournament.

While one's first thought could be "well that means I have plenty of time to book, doesn't it?", the reality of the situation is that for us to receive the agreed-upon number of rooms (i.e. *all* of them lol), we must also rent out a decent number of the rooms far enough in advance that the hotel will have proof of our commitment to fill most of the rooms. TL;DR version: procrastination's a killer! Aside from the obvious benefit that you'll get the pick-of-the-litter when it comes to what size room you want, it'll save all of us in DBR one great big heart attack if the minimum quota of rented rooms is met prior to their deadlines, and will help our community keep one big amazing hotel all to itself. =)

-King Out

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do this, but I just reserved a room online with no mention about this tournament.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
OK I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do this, but I just reserved a room online with no mention about this tournament.
i feel bad for anyone else whos able to do that and is there that weekend :laugh:

but yea, that could be an issue

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@king/boback/dbr-As far as hotel rooms go, would we be required to pay in advance, like when we reserve or do we just need to reserve a room using a credit card and pay when we check out similar to how it was done at Pound?

@Hayato-do you still live in Mass?

and unless you plan on doing some traveling you probably wont need a car. There were plenty of food options that were within walking distance of the venue, and a BK and In n Out right by the hotel(~15 mins walk to venue)

sad_day

Smash Journeyman

what if they use a different name? youll need to have a picture of em lol

xHayatox

Smash Lord
As far as hotel rooms go, would we be required to pay in advance, like when we reserve or do we just need to reserve a room using a credit card and pay when we check out similar to how it was done at Pound?

@Hayato-do you still live in Mass?
yes i am. im looking at some airfares and some hotels. pricing not much of a concern cuz im loaded but i would like to save if i can. :)

The King

Smash Ace
You should definitely go back and cancel this reservation, then call the hotel specifically, provide the event name (Genesis), and reserve your room with our discount rate.

Here's the breakdown: At the moment, we do not have every single room rented out to us. We have approximately 80% of the rooms reserved for tournament attendants for the duration of the event. However, once we meet a certain quota as far as rooms being reserved in advance, the Hotel will have enough trust in our ability to fill the hotel (because hey, they don't want to reserve us 120 rooms if smashers are only renting out 15 for the week lol) and will allot the remaining rooms to us.

So in short: For now, you can reserve non event-affiliated rooms with them until we meet our quota and get the rest. But honestly, for people not affiliated with Genesis it shouldn't be a problem... because who's going to rent a Ramada Inn room over 4 months in advance?

@king/boback/dbr-As far as hotel rooms go, would we be required to pay in advance, like when we reserve or do we just need to reserve a room using a credit card and pay when we check out similar to how it was done at Pound?
When reserving a room at the Ramada Inn for Genesis, you have (to my knowledge) absolutely no obligation to pay in advance until the day you arrive at the Hotel. You will of course still need a credit card of some sort to reserve the room in your name until then.

what if they use a different name? youll need to have a picture of em lol
Let em lol... I've got no problem accepting their paid venue fee then turning the boot onto them once the community recognizes them. Unless they're wearing a hoodie & cop sunglasses 24/7 throughout Genesis, someone's going to recognize them lol.

-King Out

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
You should definitely go back and cancel this reservation, then call the hotel specifically, provide the event name (Genesis), and reserve your room with our discount rate.
I booked a double queen for $63/night, less than your $69 (which I'm not even sure if it includes taxes...).
Also I'd prefer not to call them from here =(.

MacD

Banned via Administration
hey boback/king, you guys should get ajp's info and reserve a room in his name or something, obviously calling america to reserve a hotel room from sweden is completely stupid

and dang, this tourney is gonna be sooooo good

think i might be taking a week+ off and coming up early/staying late

sidefx

Smash Champion
I booked a double queen for $63/night, less than your $69 (which I'm not even sure if it includes taxes...).
Also I'd prefer not to call them from here =(.

yeah thats... odd. we were planning on driving up there and talk to her about some things, and ill be sure to bring this up to her. she specifically told us she would be blocking out the dates online because of the difference in prices. i remember her saying that the discounted prices were roughly 30-50 dollars cheaper than the prices listed online, so ill figure it out and set her straight.

if you need a room reserved, just let me know what kind and for how long, and ill put it under my name or something. then once you guys get here, i can just switch the name to yours.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Wait, there's a discount if you mention "Genesis"? How much is the discount around to? :088:

sidefx

Smash Champion
yes there is a discounted price if you book it under GENESIS 2!!!!

its on the first post, i should maybe bold it or something, but no one ever reads that stuff anyways.. lol

for now, apparently the "discounted" prices are almost near or under the original prices for the rooms. she quoted us a price difference of around 30-50 for the rooms so were going to go pay her a little visit and set her straight. =D

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be a ***** and say I won't be coming to this. Unless I somehow cash in loads of money, but even then, it's highly unlikely.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol my bro an I are probably gonna come in at least 3 to 4 days early :) gotta save like crazy for this (or win the lottery lol)

Jem.

Smash Master
Will prosu burgers be making a return? They were amazing

Also still taking options on a brawl teammate, ive gotten top 5 in my past 4-5 regional/nationals in doubles! i wanna winnnn and hopefully we both get some nice cash!! I know it's early but my teammate ditched me last Genesis like two days before lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom