• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I loved the trailer but you forgot a few important people...
Kage
Twin1
Twin_A
That's it. Although thinking back, was SS in there? :D

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I wanted to fit in all the amaziness that was Mango vs Armada, and it was already quite long. I don't think most of EC Canada is confirmed, so I did WC this time.

I'm still improving, but glad you liked it. :D

strawhats

Smash Master
come to think if it Mind Trick might go to this too. Vman vs Mind Trick anyone?

This might very well have the largest turnout in melee history.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Don't forget about Leffen. Hell, we could probably get USA vs Europe in Yoshi teams. :D

The turn out for this will be the greatest in both quantity and quality. And since Mango claims to actually try at this, whoever wins this tournament shall be declared the best player in the world.

strawhats

Smash Master
Don't forget about Leffen. Hell, we could probably get USA vs Europe in Yoshi teams. :D

The turn out for this will be the greatest in both quantity and quality. And since Mango claims to actually try at this, whoever wins this tournament shall be declared the best player in the world.
THIS...I hope that players like KDJ, Azen (not likely though), Chu, Cactuar show up for this.

I'm also hoping m2k will actually not play brawl at this, and go all melee(intense practice session) to signify the end of his melee career.(If he's really quitting) Better to go out with a bang than a wimper.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I posted back that i wanted to come, but i dont think i can. I have to focus on saving money for school, now more than ever. Sorry, i still wont be able to leave the MW for a national :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i ****ing hate how in every tournament thread a melee player always comes and says "I hope M2K decides to go all melee at this, for his last melee tournament I mean"

just shut up.

Jem.

Smash Master
Is anyone interested in teaming with me for Brawl?

I've gotten 2nd, 5th, 5th, and 1st at my past regional/nationals in doubles in the past year

(Tourneyplay 4, Tourneyplay 5, MLG Columbus, TP Finale)

I teamed with Sean for TP 4 and 5, Rich Brown for MLG Columbus, and Bladewise for TP Finale.

I realistically think I can get top 3. Call me crazy but I know what I'm capable of in doubles. If you want one hell of a teammate, let me know :) never give up!!!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
How much much do they raise ticket cost from w/e it is now until say june? if i would go to this i could only by my plane ticket towards the end of june..Lifeguarding is pretty good pay lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
It'll go up by probably close to double by that time. The closer you get, the more airlines love to squeeze out every dollar.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
They have different pricing brackets for 7 14 and 21 and over day advance purchase. So when it gets down to like a month before you gonna get generally ***** on a week by week basis. Unless theres a sale of some sort

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Our tickets are actually going down. But every few days or so, another ticket jumps up by like $400 and stays up there, so hoping "our" flights will stay cheap until everyone's booked.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
idk airline tickets arent really predictable, the next day could be 100$ more.
Lol yea that can happen too. Ive generally had he best luck getting tickets about a month before said flight

When you get the money turn on alerts on al the travel sites for cheap fares for your flight then wait for something. That's what I do when I have the money ahead of time :laugh:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
mine went down by £60 on valetimes day =P there's never been such a cheap flight since lol

£575 flight <3

house me with the twins nearer the tournament! XD So far I only got one person who offered housing in SFO, but I'll prob wanna see other places? Ionno..and around the tournament I'll deffo need housing in OAK? >_<

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
mine went down by £60 on valetimes day =P there's never been such a cheap flight since lol

£575 flight <3
£567 for us =)
(Yes, £, the exchange rates were better than for $.)

Can anyone house a big number of swedes (like 8) for ONE NIGHT between June 30th and July 1st?
We'll arrive at SFO pretty late (21 something iirc) and the RV rental opens at 9 the next morning.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Housing in Oakland is so dangerous.

How many people need housing in Oakland, and for how long? I might be able to do it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I hope flying to Oakland is better....flew to san fran last time but a shorter bart ride would be nice too

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im going on my own so just one o.o but that might be just necessary around the time of the tournament

any other time in cali I can be housed elsewhere =)

LLDL

Smash Hero
What goes on in the hotel stays in the hotel. Then you come to the venue to smash some more lol.

MacD

Banned via Administration
£567 for us =)

Can anyone house a big number of swedes (like 8) for ONE NIGHT between June 30th and July 1st?
We'll arrive at SFO pretty late (21 something iirc) and the RV rental opens at 9 the next morning.
worst case, stay the night in the airport, not the most comfortable thing, but at least it's free

also all this talk makes me want to house people, too bad my house is an hour and a half away and by nothing fun :/

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
worst case, stay the night in the airport, not the most comfortable thing, but at least it's free

also all this talk makes me want to house people, too bad my house is an hour and a half away and by nothing fun :/
Just come stay with me and we can house people together!

My only main problem with housing is I cant go and pick anyone up from the airport. I could like meet you there, and ride with you on public transportation back to my house (which doesnt cost much/isnt far), but I doubt anyone really wants to do that.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ohhhhhh, that could be fun

the only other issue is if i have a car full of people or not

this def sounds like an amazing plan though

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm going to check out airline prices real quick.

if we could get housing for a couple days that would be the **** :D

It'll be a good time to practice magic tricks and teach sparring so we could train a bit... just saying :p

As well tons of smash practice before the tourney :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom