• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotWings

Smash Ace
My b-day is july 15th and i will be turning 17 then so i will consider me going to genesis2 my birthday present lol.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So yeah, all that's left is a few quick questions:

A) Will Princess Aura be there to draw on my shirt? (this has amazingly heavy weight on how much I want to go)
B) Are people ready for ADHD to win this?
C) Which of my amazing WC peoples are going to be holding me down, and what airport should I get tickets for? Hugs, Sky, Mike?
D) How awesome is the hotel going to be?

I honestly have complete confidence in DBR. I also have confidence in the Melee community, because I go to Nationals all the time. Genesis 1 was the only tourney where it was a huge issue, and they've matured since them. Both Melee and Brawl peeps are awesome, and I can't wait to see my Melee friends. If there's a wall, I'm not going. I love watching hype Melee live.

Also, I'll get good enough to make it deep into bracket, so you can have my amazing, and interesting Marth gameplay to entertain you, because Marth is fun as hell to watch in Brawl, and you all deserve to bask in my glory :p

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Mango, Alex19 and I were talking about the 'mysterious guy lifting the chair' one day, but we couldn't figure it out! I thought it was Alex that lifted the chair cause I remember him sitting near me at some point, but he said it wasn't him! The world may never know . . .
yea dude i know hahaha tat guy is cool as **** Lol you weren't the only one that said it was me atlus lol maybe it was me i dont remember doing that **** but it was soo hype and it sounds like i might have got caught up in the moment and maybe did it Hahahahahahaha

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
@ Pierce

You're gonna hafta get through me if you want to go far in the bracket. :D

Marth is hella fun in Brawl. Game on!

Also, the Hotel is BIIITCHIN'. If last year was any indication.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Seriously, In my 8 years of playing this game, I have never experienced a set like that in any tournament. And I'm not just saying that because it was our tournament, it was literally the greatest set/performance/comeback I have ever seen in smash history. Armada was Mango's only real competition in years, and the fact that it was USA vs Europe was even more epic. Quite movie worthy, I don't even think M. Night Shyamalan could fu** it up.

I've must've seen that last set over 40 times by now and it always leaves a lump in my throat. As good as those videos are, I would do ridiculous unspeakable things to go back and relive that moment in person, especially since I was in the front row 10 feet from them.

Ok I have a question. In the Genesis compilation video that Atlus made, There is a guy who gets so hype after Mango rests Armada on Battlefield that he lifts a chair over his head and flails it around...Who the EFF is that!!?? I think it's one of the twins but I'm not sure cause it was really dark. Whoever it is, I love that guy lol.
I don't think it was one of us actually. It may have been though. I'll find the compilation vid and see if it was one of us :p

And I think you're right about the M night thing haha.

It really was a movie. Almost like Rocky 4 haha. Just instead of Apollo Creed getting killed, we had (In this order from memory) Lunin, Lucky, Shiz, and then M2K get beaten by Armada. And then Mango fell. that sent a chill down everyones spine as we thought the unthinkable could happen: Mango could lose!

that was one of the greatest moments of my life. I want to relive it again and again!

EDIT: yeah it definitely wasn't us. I was wearing my hat :p And we were by Hungrybox and Kage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6MJboFXRSs#t=7m45s

tw1n

Smash Champion
I don't think it was you to be honest. I remember me you my bro and Kage freaking out (as well as 99% of the room) but never any chair lifting. I may be wrong tho.

tw1n

Smash Champion
It will break my heart if Gen2 has anything less than heart pounding and intense matches/Finals.

Honestly tho. Genesis set the bar very very high. I don't think that any other tournament will ever match the hype that Genesis Grand Finals had. Apparently Apex had that for Brawl but in terms of melee... not even close. That is the only set that no matter how many times I watch it, my heart still beats incredibly hard and I freak out every time that Mango hits a rest.

Pure awesomeness.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey there WWJasonD. Hop you are doing swell like Chain-Ace ;)

Eit: Hey there Axe. I miss ya buddy

tw1n

Smash Champion
So you are coming to this one right =D

No johns this time toasty. I will master my trick titled "PK Toasty" and show it to you lol

Hey Axe. Come to NM for some random reason.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I heard there was no AC in the venue last year and you guys just got lucky the weather wasn't scorching. Is that true, and if so will the problem be fixed?

tw1n

Smash Champion
It wasn't that hot in the venue to be honest. Actually it was quite nice if I recall.

But that could be because the weather was great.

HugS™

Smash Lord
It'd be pretty stupid to try to encourage a divide between Brawl and Melee at this tournament, and I hope no one is dumb enough to seriously suggest such a divide.

Just no "we should live in harmony" speeches please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom