• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What about, "We should just play and watch what we want and run a kickass tournament."

It's the non-corny version of "we should live in harmony"? /shrug

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's David Beckhams tight *** expression after the USA scored the trolliest goal of the World Cup against them.

He was mad.
LOOOOL

***** got that brooklyn rage right now.

EDIT : Were there any *****es at the hotel or was it just a fun cockfest? LOL

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I propose we actually do the melee vs brawl dodgeball game, like it was supposed to happen at Genesis 1. If you play both you switch sides every time your hit LOL.

And if your 64 you just win.
Wow im def up for this.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'll ****ing snipe Taj's bigass in his ankles. autowin for the brawl team.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
LOOOOL

***** got that brooklyn rage right now.

EDIT : Were there any *****es at the hotel or was it just a fun cockfest? LOL
I bet if you take enough drinks and/or puffs, not of the JIggs variety, you'll see more than enough *****es...

aka dudes with long hair.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
For everyone whos confused.

The burgers last year were NOT from In n Out

They were prosu burgers

straight out of socal

they taste like an in n out burger crossed with sex

and that is the only way to possibly describe their greatness

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Dude, I know I'm from Canada and all, but the venue last time was WAYYYY too hot, stuffy, and sweaty. I really hope that it isn't as bad as last time. I'd still go... but **** that was severely unpleasant T__T Also, ****ing people need to learn proper hygene (sp?) I remember by the 3rd day there were flies everywhere because of everyones ****ing BO (no, not blunted object... body odor) ;)

The King

Smash Ace
Lol...

You might be suprised to hear then that the city of Antioch practically gave our tourney a reach-around for us hosting Genesis in her town. Last summer, that area and most of the Bay Area was floating between 90-100 degrees. And just for that one weekend, the weather miraculously cooled to around 75-80 degrees for us until the tourney passed... then proceeded to **** us again til winter lol.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I remember some people smelled terrible at Gen1, but then again people smell terrible at every major tournament.

The hotel rooms have showers people! Use them!

PB&J

Smash Hero
For everyone whos confused.

The burgers last year were NOT from In n Out

They were prosu burgers

straight out of socal

they taste like an in n out burger crossed with sex

and that is the only way to possibly describe their greatness
nobody is confused..those burgers were good but "In n Out" was better

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Fighting or Dodgeball?

because if it's fighting, Taj isn't the only one you should be worried about :p

If it's dodgeball, Taj isn't the only one you should be worried about :p
]
Lol dodgeball of course.

If its fighting i'll have to fight dirty as **** to beat his bigass looooooool.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Amazing is an understatement. They were orgasmic. I want one right now lol.

And how do you plan on fighting Taj, Anti? You going to pull out a gun? HA! You think bullets can really stop that man? Good luck :D
Taj can take bullets too, dang.

Never knew superman was a ******.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
God forbid he deicdes to set down his controller, take off the gloves, take off the weights (ankle, wrist, torso, legs, AND mental), and decides to box you right there on the spot.

I mean I'm a trained fighter and even I was scared to box that monster.

Much love Taj :p

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i wasnt hot at genesis 1

those prosu burgers were really good too. They werent in and out good, but they were better than alot of fast food places ive had. those should be brought back :laugh:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Lol...

You might be suprised to hear then that the city of Antioch practically gave our tourney a reach-around for us hosting Genesis in her town. Last summer, that area and most of the Bay Area was floating between 90-100 degrees. And just for that one weekend, the weather miraculously cooled to around 75-80 degrees for us until the tourney passed... then proceeded to **** us again til winter lol.
So basically, you guys are going to rely on the hand of god to bless you with great weather rather than fix the lack of AC problem... sounds like a miserable tourney experience waiting to happen :ohwell:

sidefx

Smash Champion
So basically, you guys are going to rely on the hand of god to bless you with great weather rather than fix the lack of AC problem... sounds like a miserable tourney experience waiting to happen :ohwell:
We actually did have ac. But it didn't do much since there were 600 people there. Well probably get industrial fans. But honestly why is everyone trippin over the superficial things. Never seen so much bashing on things that shouldn't matter as much. Especially a year later.

What's next the sun was too bright? Installing more ac units is out of our hands. And moving the venue means no **** *** hotel.

Just have a little faith in us lol. Almost everything mentioned so far in this thread has already been looked over and revised or fixed. Trust.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm not bashing at all, just wondering if the issue has been addressed. It's a trivial point on paper but you can imagine how people at the first Genesis would have felt if they were treated to three straight days of 90-100 degrees as opposed to the nice weather you guys got, which already drew a few complaints about the venue being bogged down with heat/humidity in the first place. DBR obviously knows better than I do about how much weather will affect the average tourneygoer's experience, but I hope you guys understand that people like me may still be trying to decide if flying out there for an entire weekend is going to be completely worth the time and money.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
juggleguy i dont know who you are but you're cool, I dont know if you went to the genesis one but even though it was hot it was still really awsome and to answer your question yes it will be worth your money even if genesis is half as good as the first one it's still worth it. Boback did such a great job running this and with the help of alot of ppl and right outside there's like a ton of trees for shading if you just wanna get away for like a few minutes but what was worse is the ppl thaat smelled dude! ppl need to enforce taking a fuking shower man. wtf dont ppl wanna feel/smell clean? but trust me in no way is this a "miserable experice waiting to happen" this tournament in my opinion is what set the bar for soo many "good tournaments" not to mention the veeeeeery good hotel prices and they were very good to us even though a ton of ppl were getting drunk screaming and running around the whole night....and plus the burgers...Lol

Industrial fans may sound like a good idea but i guess im a ***** but **** dry out my eyes and probably alot of players unless they are strategically placed in good area or something.

genesis was almost as amazing as dbr

MasterShake

Smash Lord
**** may get warm but just dress light and bring plenty of water. There's a convenience store like 5 ft. outside the venue and plenty of shade like Alex said. Amazing once in a lifetime experience > comfortability anyways.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've come to assume that it would be much more difficult to field an Australian contingent next year for Genesis 2. The overwhelming majority of the crew were Brawl players (I was the standalone Melee player out of 10 people) and were left with varying measures of disappointment.

As my own side comment -- given the magnitude of this event, is it possible to reconsider shifting the venue to something that is effectively not in backwater East Bay? Surely the Genesis team can do better than that for location/venue prestige. I've personally always aspired for new and better locations as my tournaments grow, even though I'm planning tournaments for 100 people and not 500.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Clearly you missed the part where we have the world's greatest hotel for Smash Bros. because of where this venue is located.

If it ain't fixed, don't break it, I say.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Clearly you missed the part where we have the world's greatest hotel for Smash Bros. because of where this venue is located.

If it ain't fixed, don't break it, I say.
I'm not arguing for the status-quo. I'm arguing for the exploration of better venues and locations in Norcal -- can I imagine an experience that far exceeds Genesis' simply by daring to dream of a location and venue that is superior to Antioch?? -- **** YES. The hotel's connectivity to the venue was sub-par. Apart from a private charter bus to link the two, your only other option was a 20-30 minute walk from the Ramada to the County Fairgrounds, through what could not be mistaken for anything other than a ghetto.

I don't think you know where I'm coming from, but I don't think you have traveled the world for Smash as much as I have. I'd wager you just don't know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom