• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I should have entered melee lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nah esam's pretty legit. Still, I'm confident in my abilities. If he beats me, he beats me, but I think if I just do my thang without suiciding 4+ times, I can grind out a victory. :) Also, remember that I'm old school as well LOL.

@darkatma: I actually do have a little bit of money to spare.

Also for your guys' information, JpegImage, Bacon, and Jackie Tran are all very solid captian falcons that most of you guys probably don't know about.

Jackie Tran about as good at GG7, and has one of the gayest Shieks in the world. Expect him to put in work.

@Beat: Tai practice isn't really much to take into consideration. His Falco game has always had something to be desired. Jackie Tran's the one who REALLY trained me in that match up. I'll do my best, though.

@Ian: I hope you like really gay Falcos because I'm going to camp your balls off. <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ian is an awesome person, and Dexter's Lab is the best show ever.

I've known the guy for 3 years, and this is the first time I'm meeting him person. I'm pretty hype.

Tekk

Smash Lord
By the way, did you know that "omelette du fromage" (which is supposed to be french) is false ? We actually say "Omelette au fromage".

The more you know.

sidefx

Smash Champion
damn this is taking longer than i thought. seeding texas and florida are proving to be quite difficult =( lol

theyre coming out in full force!!!

and i cant sleep on those secret hidden bosses

thanks for being patient with me guys

Tekk

Smash Lord
What do frenchies know about french. We know what real french is in America...
Essaie même pas de me test sur mon français petite catin, t'entends ?

Classic french slang. :D
Anyways, I think I'll be spending this weekend's nights watching the livestream, I'm so hyped right now.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
man i wanted to see wes beat ruby...

also ^ ya so i was hoping hyuga could explain whats happening, since 96 (if it is top 3 ppl) players to 48 in 2 rounds of pools seems iffy.

sidefx

Smash Champion
were aiming for top 3

brawl right now were looking at 2 rounds of singles, 1 round for teams (not that many teams)

melee might be 3 rounds, and 2 rounds for teams (might be 1 depends on who signs up at the hotel)

but for now its top 3 out of pools

ill text him to chime in on the subject in a sec

Metà

Smash Master
why would it be 3 rounds if it's only 96 by the second round though? that seems like it would work with two rounds. imo it should be top 4 for first round but that's not my decision to make

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The following post applies only to Melee unless otherwise noted.

It depends on how many people sign up at the hotel. I'm hoping that we get enough people to get 7 people in each pool, and then we will most likely do top 4. How the 2nd round pools get distributed will depend on how far in the schedule we're progressing, but I would like do to 3 rounds of pools, with 8 people in each pool. If we don't have much time, we will instead do top 3 and see what happens from there. We will make this announcement shortly after round 1 pools has finished. Please do not bother the TOs with this question.

The way seeding was done is the following: We organized people into 'skill tiers' as it's way too much work/debate to seed everyone uniquely. So we had something like 5 S rank people, 10 A rank, and so on. The S ranks got 1st seed in pools 1-5, the A ranks got 1st in 6-16, and so on. When we hit 32, we wrapped around in reverse order. It looks like 32 was in the Cs, so then Cs were given 2nd seeds in pools 32, 31, 30, etc. We also tried to sub-divide those ranks to see which Cs would get 1st or 2nd, and which 2nds would be in a pool with a B or C, etc.

So, as you can see, the lowest 1 seeds are put with the highest 2 seeds. Depending on your perspective, either 1 or 32 could be the easiest pool, since in pool 1, there might be more competition for spots 2-4, whereas in pool 32, the top 2 seeds are relatively secure, but between people intermediate in skill. This is, in my opinion, the most "fair" way to seed pools.

FOR BRAWL:

As you all know, Brawl takes a longer time to play than Melee. So the Brawl and Melee schedules will be offset, and based on my discussions with Brawl people, it's unlikely that we will be able to have 3 rounds of pools. Possible, but unlikely. Again, it will be a decision made when the first round of pools is over. In the likely case of 2 pools, we will probably do half the pools of r2 on day 1, then pick up the rest of them on day 2, and then play a couple rounds of the bracket also on day 2.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
sweet that means we need ~10 more players for melee singles so we can get top 4 for pools! :) lets go smash community!

lol i guess that means i was a D or E or F fuuuuu. lets do this :cool:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not too late, you still can!
Yeah but I haven't practiced lol. I've been playing competitive melee since 03, but have hardly played at all in the last year and my tech skill went away :(.

Tommy Pickles

Smash Apprentice
So I complained about being in mango's pool (this is like the 4th or 5th time he has been in my pool at a national) and now I'm pretty much the only person that didn't get switched out and my pool looks harder then ever

Fake

-This is R00R

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Samus isn't included in the Genesis 2 build, nor was she ever included in any build outside of the Back Room build.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
help a brother out!

aight so I been stuck in salt lake all day, and it looks like just over two and a half maybe 3 hours from now ill make it into SFO. my original plans have changed drastically because my flight had been delayed since 10 this motioning.

I think I can still hit the bart to antioch tonight, but could anybody pick me up and take me to the hotel?

also I would probably need a floor spot to crash, just for tonight.

if anybody can help at all id greatly appreciate it.

253 306 0912
I can check boards or Pm's when I land.

:phone:

Rappster

Smash Ace
Me and my friends, five of us, failed to reserve a room for the night of the 14th. We already reserved for the 15-17 If anybody could house us for that night it'd be awesome. It is alright if we are split up. If you can, call or text us at 1-(559)-408-4804.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
real talk, these motha****as just delayed my flight another 45 minutes, due to flow control...and im sittin on this **** right now.

probably getting in around 10, wtf!

how late does bart run?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom