• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DASHIZWIZ vs M2K/vs COLBOL/vs CORT/vs CAVEMAN/vs XELIC 7/18/08

Miharu

Smash Hero
Platforms are too ****ing good.

Nice to see vids of Shiz again; it's the best set I've watched in a long while.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wow youtubes not working for me I guess your set vs m2k was better than mine that also went to r5 last stock since you broke youtube. >< ****it I gotta step it up.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
dude are u on crack, his new album is amazing.

i gained even more respect for him because of the balls he had to do something like that
no im not on crack DUDE! i know real hip hop and nas isn't it no more. It all started with that hip hop is dead track

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Amazing Set.

Nas is okay.

But get at Dr. Carter By Lil' Wayne. Now thats real hiphop.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Lol, at this thread full of babies thinking they know the essence of hiphop.

Nas may be one of the most influential, but he's also among the most hypocritical and dilettantish "artists" alive. Nas just loves to erect controversial topics of conversation he has no real knowledge or progressive opinions of.

Lil' Wayne is talented, but absurdly overrated. But I guess it's easy to enough to be seen as a diamond when you manage to shine in the **** infested quagmire that is mainstream rap music today.

Oh, and Shiz is amazing and stuff.

-Kimosabae

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Lol, at this thread full of babies thinking they know the essence of hiphop.

Nas may be one of the most influential, but he's also among the most hypocritical and dilettantish "artists" alive. Nas just loves to erect controversial topics of conversation he has no real knowledge or progressive opinions of.

Lil' Wayne is talented, but absurdly overrated. But I guess it's easy to enough to be seen as a diamond when you manage to shine in the **** infested quagmire that is mainstream rap music today.

Oh, and Shiz is amazing and stuff.

-Kimosabae
I agree with this post. Lil' Wayne is extremely over-rated. And yes, mainstream today is a joke. Complete garbage maybe 1 half-way decent song ever other 5.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
wow the last place i'd find hip hop heads with brains.
first thing first.

OMG i came twice.
once for m2k and then i went back and only focused on the falco... and came again. good stuff shiz.

as far as hip hop waynes okay he has some talent but it's hard to find for me cause he's just ********. cosign on the nas yapping but being ignorant.

real knowledge on stuff i prefer the likes of lupe, and the roots. other than that generally i get sick / bored / etc of backpack rappers.

p.s. eminem is def my fav minus that crap he put out last praying on this king mathers.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nas lost all my respect with his upcoming album and mixtape.
Why, his new album is sick. Isit just because now he has decided to spit revolution and world peace and stuff. In an interview he said he has become more mature with his rap now.

*Actually watches the smash matches now*

Nas lost all my respect with his upcoming album and mixtape.
Amazing Set.

Nas is okay.

But get at Dr. Carter By Lil' Wayne. Now thats real hiphop.
LOOOOOOL Kinda funny stuff. Lil wayne is ok but you think he is better then Nas, what Nas tracks are you listening to, or you must be just listening to his beats and not lyrics.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Melee's too good, let's run around until one of us has an opening then input a rehearsed combo which the opponent can do nothing about! F*ck Brawl!!!

But seriously, this set is very good, but not as epic as some of you are making it sound. M2K was playing mediocre (for M2K) and Shiz did well, but I don't think any tourney sets for Melee that happen after Brawl came out can be considered one of the greatest of all time. People who still go to Melee tourneys need to realize that the Melee community is now a watered-down version of what it was at its peak, and that M2K has pretty much figured the game out. Shiz is probably one of the best Melee players now since a lot of top players stopped playing or switched to Brawl, and he was playing as good as I've ever seen him play, and yet M2K on a bad day still beats him. Maybe I'm just cynical because after playing Melee and loving it for 6 years, it has evolved to the point where I don't even consider it that fun anymore. But yeah to some of the hardcore Melee enthusiasts that insist Melee is so superior to Brawl... it's really not. Brawl takes a lot more intelligence IMO (unless you use metaknight -.-).

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Melee's too good, let's run around until one of us has an opening then input a rehearsed combo which the opponent can do nothing about! F*ck Brawl!!!

But seriously, this set is very good, but not as epic as some of you are making it sound. M2K was playing mediocre (for M2K) and Shiz did well, but I don't think any tourney sets for Melee that happen after Brawl came out can be considered one of the greatest of all time. People who still go to Melee tourneys need to realize that the Melee community is now a watered-down version of what it was at its peak, and that M2K has pretty much figured the game out. Shiz is probably one of the best Melee players now since a lot of top players stopped playing or switched to Brawl, and he was playing as good as I've ever seen him play, and yet M2K on a bad day still beats him. Maybe I'm just cynical because after playing Melee and loving it for 6 years, it has evolved to the point where I don't even consider it that fun anymore. But yeah to some of the hardcore Melee enthusiasts that insist Melee is so superior to Brawl... it's really not. Brawl takes a lot more intelligence IMO (unless you use metaknight -.-).
Are you saying mew2king hasn't got brawl figured out yet? =P

Because it sure seems like he has...

chillindude829

Smash Master
He has metaknight figured out, lol. Which isn't hard; I have MK figured out and I don't even play him. Metaknight is the single most upsetting thing about Brawl for me, moreso than tripping even. MK is broken, and I think either he will eventually get banned, or the finals of big tourneys will turn into MK dittos.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
brawl is a floaty, trippy, combo-lacking mess. this was a great set, awesome play by DSW. I'm waiting for the day that people will quit comparing lil wayne to truly talented lyricists.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Sounds like some one has metaknight johns. Melee's better in every way. Md/va likes brawl cause they can still do good while high.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Sounds like some one has metaknight johns. Melee's better in every way. Md/va likes brawl cause they can still do good while high.
LOL WTF? This coming from a dude who devotes his life to Melee and got 17th at a FL tourney lmao. Maybe NJ dislikes Brawl cuz they suck at it?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
shiz was playign really crappy too his comboes were like pc'scomboes lol and barely any wavelanding if you wanna john about m2k. if anything both were playing like crap cuz both of them were doing alot of incomplete comboes and ****

Eggm

Smash Hero
LOL WTF? This coming from a dude who devotes his life to Melee and got 17th at a FL tourney lmao. Maybe NJ dislikes Brawl cuz they suck at it?
Yeah and 4th at GA and 13th at pound. The people who care in NJ at brawl **** at it the rest of us do'nt play it. inui got 5th at this and m2k got 1st. They are both from NJ if you didn't know. Yeah, I had a bad tournament. Ohhhh I suck Lol. At least i'm not brainwashed into thinking brawl's good.

And yeah I devote my whole life to it. I don't work or go to school or anything. >____> Even m2k goes to school. No one devotes their whole life to smash the closest is m2k but even he goes to school.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Inui also got 17th at CH3 lol, no one in NJ aside from M2K is that good at Brawl. You guys prolly are better than us in Melee though since none of us play it, so congrats?

And LMAO @ brainwashed into thinking Brawl's good. WTF are you talking about?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Inui also got 17th at CH3 lol, no one in NJ aside from M2K is that good at Brawl. You guys prolly are better than us in Melee though since none of us play it, so congrats?

And LMAO @ brainwashed into thinking Brawl's good. WTF are you talking about?

Its the same situation with us then if your gonna say it like that. You guys are prolly better at brawl cause none of us play it besides inui/dm/m2k. Also 2 NJ people took inui out I think. But whatever I don't care about inui or brawl like at all lol. Md/va can **** us at that game whatever.

But brawl's bad no matter how hard you defend it. It does NOT take more intelligence to play that game. It removed far more mindgames than it added. I don't even see how you can say that with a straight face.

boss8

Smash Hero
brawl is to mindgame

as melee is to tech

i still love them both.....but there is no comparison......

as long as your good and making money it shouldn't really matter just do yo thang and play smash...

Top Bottom