• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkmusician's Brawl Vids~SBHMXXI~(06/11/2010)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
DM has become the master of sweetspotting kicks; he lands so many.

With that said, I found it disgusting how Kirby's side B KO'd you at 70, yet they nerfed Jigg's far riskier and harder to land move, rest, so that it would only KO at around 60-70. The same goes for Peach's nerf; I really don't know what kind of balance notions Sakurai has.

I've grown to hate the space animals with a fervent passion. Imagine, this is actually a time where you'll see me rooting Marth ( and I HATE fair wall spam charcaters, trust me) against them.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I like dair spikes but the up air kills never get old for me. ^_^

New vids added. Not all up yet. Monthly tournament coming in about 2 weeks. I'll keep everything nice and updated. Enjoy.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Thanks Aaron. :] I love Pokemon Trainer now. I wanna get gewd with Fushigisaur. lolz

And hey Airgemini!!! I was checking the older pages and I saw that I missed your request to play a peach. I will try to get that done for you since I totally failed and forgot.

And Icy_Eagle I forgot to record an angled camera set. Although I did try it. Not too bad.

I'll take care of these requests soon.

Oh and I can record wifi matches no problem so if anyone wants to have a go at it lemme know.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since our last wifi match, we should go at it again Dark :) I hope it isn't as laggy as last time though.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I lived in Hawaii for about a year before moving to Texas, but that was when I was like 4 or 5. I don't really remember much :(

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Once again nice matches DM you never fail to impress :D. If it's cool I'd like to go against you on wifi sometime I doubt I can keep up though heh.

Oh yeah and since we're on the subject I use to go to Hawaii every year until I was like 7 or 8. Such an awesome place I need to go there again sometime hehe.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I think in a match of equal skill the match is about 65-35 in favor of Zelda. I've played a lot of Ikes already and I don't get frustrated by the matchup.

Ike can be deceptively fast but I think some people can over rate him in that sense. Saying how he's not as bad as he seems. And I agree. He's not a bad character. Zelda can not trade hits with Ike and not be worried. But the start up and cool down lag on many of his moves leaves him vulnerable. I find it very easy to react to Ike and his attacks. Once you get used to what Ike does in every situation you can start making better guesses and better reads. That and you start memorizing the speed of his moves.

I will say though that fighting Ike on wifi is hella scary. Same with Snake.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. Obviously I'm doing something wrong letting myself get hit too much then.
I suppose I would rather the weakness be my own than the characters..

At least this way I know it's something I can overcome. Thanks.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey everyone! Sorry for the video drought. Hopefully with summer upon us videos will pick up again.

I recorded some sets with Merc today. I also added more sets from the O.J. Fest back in March against different players so go check those out too. They should be towards the bottom of the first post.

Our second Hawaii Monthly will be in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be more organized and I'll be able to capture some pools and brackets. As for our first monthly for those that are curious I placed 4th out of 35.

Enjoy the matches. If there are any questions about the music/requests for the mp3s, just tell me and I'll put them on my file front for you.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
Ouu more videos o.o. Looking foward to seeing them!

You placed 4th? Who/what character did you loose to o.o

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ouu more videos o.o. Looking foward to seeing them!

You placed 4th? Who/what character did you loose to o.o
I lost to AnubisGX(Lucas) in winners bracket quarter finals, and then lost to Firefly(Marth) in the losers bracket semis.

And thanks for watching. :]

Kaffei

Smash Hero
DarkM, you are my favorite Zelda player.

I hope I can be like you someday D:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
DarkM, you are my favorite Zelda player.

I hope I can be like you someday D:
Thank you. :] As long as you believe in Zelda and stick with her I promise you will see results.

Ya I play pretty different now. I think that's a good thing. :]

Facet

Smash Cadet
Very nice fights DarkM, I learned some new things that I'm going to try and incorperate into my own game, and even recognized parts of my own style in some of your matches, which is reassuring. :)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Very nice fights DarkM, I learned some new things that I'm going to try and incorperate into my own game, and even recognized parts of my own style in some of your matches, which is reassuring. :)
That's great to hear. Isn't it great that everyone is learning Brawl together? The world is thinking. :]

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Man, I love watching you and M3rck go at it, so much fun to yell at my computer screen like it's a sports match on tv, lol. Fantastic Uairs in these latest vids, you continue to impress me with your creativity :p. Keep up the great work!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Man, I love watching you and M3rck go at it, so much fun to yell at my computer screen like it's a sports match on tv, lol. Fantastic Uairs in these latest vids, you continue to impress me with your creativity :p. Keep up the great work!
Thanks alot. ^^

I love the up air mind games. Gotta love the feint. Jump and do nothing and watch them dodge and then punish.

All of the up air tricks I come up as I think to myself..."how can I mess with my opponents even more?" :]

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Ya, I feint my up-airs quite a bit against my usual sparring partner, u can see a couple in my vids where I bait his airdodge and fastfall to an upsmash at lower heights. Works nicely against his Lucario and Marth's counter type moves if they try those instead of airdodging :p, but either way he grumbles and gets hit, lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
This thread should be a Sticky already!
Would be nice. Seeing as how I do update this often enough. I've always wanted a thread of mine stickied. :]

But alas it is not my call. Maybe if enough people request, but I'm fine with it either way.

Top Bottom