• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkmusician's Brawl Vids~SBHMXXI~(06/11/2010)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
UPDATED THREAD ON 06/11/2010

Hey everyone!

I will still be sharing playlists from my YouTube channel. The videos will consist of tournaments, crew battles, Lets Plays, montages and random friendlies that may or may not include me in it.

Thanks for watching.

*NEW*
HSI 2010 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd9ma3iRJ64

*RECENT*
Tita Villa (06/09/2010) Friendly Singles and Doubles
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician#grid/user/97464153C900E41A

SBHMXXI (05/30/2010) Regular Doubles and Singles
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician#grid/user/2B3D89B8C1BE5D01

SBHMXIX (03/28/2010) Regular and Low Tier Singles
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician#grid/user/61FB6983ABFF0C98

*EXTRA STUFF*
SBHMXXII (06/27/2010) Brawl Singles
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician#grid/user/3192C9075AA062BD

SBHMXX Kawaii Kon 2010 (4/16-18/2010) FFA w/items, Doubles, Singles and Convention Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmusician#grid/user/0000CBE720093CB0

frostie333

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the videos, nice matches. Felt kind of bad for that guy playing Metaknight, he got owned pretty hard.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I'm pretty noob. I'm still trying to work out that Fire Juggling.
Seeing that it was your 2nd time playing the game, I think your Zelda was really nice. Some Usmash and Nair would be nice to add to your Zelda, just for some variation. Your F/Bair sweetspotting turned out very well too!

Im sure you will get even better when you're getting used to all of her new abilities in Brawl. :)

Chexr

Smash Ace
And to think I was scared to fight you back before Zelda became a good character x_x

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Nice videos dude, seen some of your Melee matches and looks like your still a force to be reckoned with. Definitely looking forward to seeing some more of your Brawl matches.:)

Also, yay for using an outfit that isn't the black one.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Around 0:56-58: Zelda's Shield grab is faster, correct? Do you know if it has the range the dash-grab did in Melee?

1:15: U-air star KO at 77%. Floaties beware.

And yes, you still have a good Zelda. Appreciate the vids.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Around 0:56-58: Zelda's Shield grab is faster, correct? Do you know if it has the range the dash-grab did in Melee?

1:15: U-air star KO at 77%. Floaties beware.

And yes, you still have a good Zelda. Appreciate the vids.
Are both of those in the same video? I remember the U-air KO but don't recall a shield grab.

Arean

Smash Ace
what ryoko meant by melee zelda.... maybe because he still spams fair and bair while there are more buffed moves to be utilized...

darkatma

Smash Hero
actually all of her up moves can be utilized now.
and are possibly much more useful than her fairs and bairs, which are harder to hit with.

wait scratch that..ALL of her moves can be utilized now.
problem is, I don't see zelda's game evolving. In a year, we'll be seeing stuff like.. lucario evolving, but zelda will stagnate =/

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
and are possibly much more useful than her fairs and bairs, which are harder to hit with.

problem is, I don't see zelda's game evolving. In a year, we'll be seeing stuff like.. lucario evolving, but zelda will stagnate =/
But i thought lucario was the evolved form? =P, anyway.. decent video's.. but try exploring zelda's improved moveset... except for her Vb lol..

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
yea just watched
melee zelda MIGHT not be the best way to play :p
I hardly spam kicks anymore, only use them when i'm sure they'll hit. Move knockback decay scares me.
I know it scares me to thats why I couldn't believe how many times it was spamed

but it looks like it turned out alright and its not as bad as i thought

I was thinking 3 fixes and then it would all go to hell

Darkmusician

Smash Master

I think I've only scratched the surface of Zelda's metagame.

I've already found new possibilities with my Fire Juggling. Not to mention her tilts and down and up airs. I'll do my best in the future.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
good stuff. are you playing regular or high grav mode because the speed looks really fast. but ye more upsmash would be cool. And if you want try some down airs. you will get better dont worry and you could use teleport too for midgames if you like i believe she can still go 16 different directions.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
good stuff. are you playing regular or high grav mode because the speed looks really fast. but ye more upsmash would be cool. And if you want try some down airs. you will get better dont worry and you could use teleport too for midgames if you like i believe she can still go 16 different directions.
If I actually owned the game I would be getting into all of the stuff mentioned above.

I play a fast Zelda. It's part of my melee style that carried over. It's all plain regular mode.

Thank you for your comments. I'm pretty sure I'll improve quickly. :]

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids sir. Loving the Zelda, even though you haven't been playing brawl much. Seems like she is one of the very few who can work slightly in brawl with melee experience. Hope to see more soon. :D

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I agree Timat. Most of the characters that were even a little floaty in Melee like Marth, Peach, Zelda, Kirby and Jigglypuff. The new physics engine really benefits them. Especially when people first start playing with Melee instincts.

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
Awesome Zelda Brawl videos D.M.! Your crazy aiming skills with fair/bair certainly has not been very effected by her new difficult hit boxes in Brawl.

I'm sure it also doesn't need to be said that people expect an awesome montage of the new sweetspot Dair spiking from you! (Yay for a spiking downwards Fair/Bair <3)

The new Din's Fire also looks very fun to abuse. Love the hacked hitboxness~

Keep up the good work mister D.M. I'm certain everyone really appreciates it.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Awesome Zelda Brawl videos D.M.! Your crazy aiming skills with fair/bair certainly has not been very effected by her new difficult hit boxes in Brawl.

I'm sure it also doesn't need to be said that people expect an awesome montage of the new sweetspot Dair spiking from you! (Yay for a spiking downwards Fair/Bair <3)

The new Din's Fire also looks very fun to abuse. Love the hacked hitboxness~

Keep up the good work mister D.M. I'm certain everyone really appreciates it.
And I really appreciate the support. :] Thank you for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed them. It's awesome people like you that drive me to do my best.

Yeah hopefully by the next time I play I'll have her sweet spot figured out. And I'll be able to share the info with everyone.

Din's Fire is so geat. It's a heat seeking grenade. lolz

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I know it scares me to thats why I couldn't believe how many times it was spamed

but it looks like it turned out alright and its not as bad as i thought

I was thinking 3 fixes and then it would all go to hell
I think the knockback decay is only bad if you ONLY use that 1 move repeatedly.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
In order for the move to be "recharged" you have to connect with 10 different moves.(Or so I've heard)
If that is the case (which would actually make more sense) I would probably just keep playing the game and not even think about how much knock back I'm losing. Just keep playing my game and play smart and patient.

Luthien

Smash Ace
As long as Fairs and Bairs (if they are linkedtogether since they're the same move) aren't the only moves you use then you should be fine.
They don't count against each other from what I've heard. All the better.

Also, if you think you have the time, switch to Sheik and back in between your opponent's stocks. From what I've heard, it replenishes the knockback. Could you confirm it for me?

Darkmusician

Smash Master

Also, if you think you have the time, switch to Sheik and back in between your opponent's stocks. From what I've heard, it replenishes the knockback. Could you confirm it for me?
I'll give it a try.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman

I'm pretty sure that's true, I plan on doing that as well :)

Also, I forgot which video it was, but you bair / faired someone (sweetspot) almost consecutively, and both kicks did 21%. Why o_o

EDIT: Oh, maybe one was a fair and one was a bair. *goes to see which video it was*

Double EDIT: OH YEAH! I found out one of my friends got a Japanese wii / Brawl (his dad went to a business trip to Japan) so I can play soon! But I can't record any videos. I'll tell you guys about it.

Top Bottom