• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkmusician's Brawl Vids~SBHMXXI~(06/11/2010)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Update

All the vids are now up but I'm sure most of you caught it on my channel. For those that didn't check out the first page lots of cool matches. Next tournament is only 21 days away. ^.^

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Holy crap at how many bairs and fairs you hit. Were you gone because you were harnessing your latent psychic abilities to predict the future?

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Haha, very nice, that was enjoyable. I like how virtually everyone had a different main. How come you weren't highlited though?

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
@ DM : Do you still play relatively similar to the videos in this thread? I noticed you barely ever FW. What is your opinion on FW and do you think that it is worth it? Or were you just not really using it due to the newness of the buff?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes these videos are pretty recent to my present playing style. Although I'll say that I've improved some.

FW is ok. I don't rely on it overly for offensive or defensive too much. There are safer methods. As I play more it may find it's way into my playstyle, but for now I choose to keep it's usage to a minimum.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Excellent videos as always and I am highly impressed! I was just curious as to if you had any methods as to how to practice perfecting lighting kicks and Zelda's up-air. Maybe any ways without human beings?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Practicing lightning kicks against comps helped me to get the spacing down. You can just practice against level ones. Just keep trying until you memorize the distance and height you need to be at. Of course on certain chars, rising kicks are not possible unless they are on a platform. I also like to practice throwing them off the stage and kicking them off stage. It's a great way to practice quick arial spacing judgements.

Up airs on comps are a bit harder since alot of times they won't dodge as much as a human. Play lots of people enough though and you'll find ways to use it. The key is to not just blindly shoot one as you hit or smash them upwards. Blind up airs will usually not get the job done.

If you notice in my video, I will mindgame them into air dodging first and then hitting them. If you can keep them guessing as to when the up air will come out, that's a great advantage to you. Up airs can also prey on opponents tendencies. For example, if you upsmash an ike, what will he do in response, will he challenge your up air with a fast falled down air, will he try to counter it, will he air dodge, will he DI into you, away from you or will he simply do nothing at all? It's all about picking apart their play style and instincts. I know it's hard to do against people you don't know like in tournaments, but if you work at it, you'll be able to adapt to people quickly.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I love your aggressive play style. Most Zeldas (myself included) are much more campy and replays aren't as interesting to watch. The lightning kicks... the U-airs... it's too pro!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I love your aggressive play style. Most Zeldas (myself included) are much more campy and replays aren't as interesting to watch. The lightning kicks... the U-airs... it's too pro!
Thank you. :]
Super Delicious Lovely Valentines Day Friendly play list added to first page.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Very nice matches DM ^^

What is your opinion right now about Zelda and her competitive position against the rest of the cast? Is she tourney viable?

We've been taking a look at her dtilt, dair and jab moves recently and they might have certain hitstun at specific percents that combo into other moves. Possibly double jump dair > falling bair sweetspot? I think it's viable. Who knows what may come in time =)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Too bad I wasn't able to go. I wouldn't have minded a few matches with Charles.

What is your opinion right now about Zelda and her competitive position against the rest of the cast? Is she tourney viable?
She's viable as long as DM is using her. XD

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Very nice matches DM ^^

We've been taking a look at her dtilt, dair and jab moves recently and they might have certain hitstun at specific percents that combo into other moves. Possibly double jump dair > falling bair sweetspot? I think it's viable. Who knows what may come in time =)
My opinions...
1. Zelda is strong enough to be tournament viable. She has the minimum requirements(if not more) as far as ability to kill, gimp and string hits together. She can survive to more than average percents with DI but this is player specific and can be said for any character regardless of weight. Her recovery while predictable when you see it enough is still good enough to help her regain her footing. It gets the job done.

The better you opponent knows the match up, the harder it will be for you to get away with certain things. Most of my tricks and traps rely heavily on reading, guessing, and punishing habits, tendencies and patterns in my opponents. What helps me do well in matches if my ability to notices said habits, and adapt my play style to manipulate my opponents based on their habits. This takes a lot of time to build to the point where it becomes second nature.

I'd really like to try my other characters in tournaments like Dedede, Marth and Snake but in pools mostly.

Idk...I love smash a lot. :]

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Very nice matches, DM. Is Youtube being lame because of those copyrighted audio notices?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah Youtube muted my video on the spot. I was at SniperWorms house when I uploaded it so MrEh, SniperWorm and his friends Wry, EpicFAIL, and Blitz all saw it too.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm also trying to focus on practicing every weekend and keeping the monthly tournaments going. And there are also other personal things that have come up recently. The music was so important to my video because my clips go with the music a lot. It'll be awhile before I can find the time to think something out again.

goodkid

Smash Lord
DM you should second Marth, I think your Marth is a lot better than your D3, plus you have smarts & Marth punishes patterns extremely well. Thats just me though, but I really think Marth is a good second for Zelda because he has speed that Zelda is lacking & requires spacing/precision similar to Zelda.

mikekleman

Smash Cadet
you are a beast. i really have to learn thet down tilt trip into a sweetspot kick. it would work great! also, try working with your fw. it can have kill potential and some never see it coming. i said this in aother thread, but its funny. you are all like "woosh, boom" and they are like "wtf!?" O_o lol. it works for me. you can also try faking by missing or staying in the same spot istead of actually teleporting anywhere. i can do some research and find out what percentages it kills at

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hi everyone. Thanks if you've been following my videos both smash and otherwise. I've updated the first post with the 2 latest tournaments and some extra stuff that you may not have seen.

SBHMX is coming up this Sunday so wish me luck on that.

And to all of the people asking about the DK Co-Op I'm gonna try to play some this weekend.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Hi everyone. Thanks if you've been following my videos both smash and otherwise. I've updated the first post with the 2 latest tournaments and some extra stuff that you may not have seen.

And to all of the people asking about the DK Co-Op I'm gonna try to play some this weekend.
Watched your matches and you have some very nice kill setups I'll see if I can pull off. You make it look so easy.

sniperworm

Smash Ace

Shouldn't we be practicing for the monthly on the weekend of the monthly:psycho:?

And we're getting SniperWorm and Wry to do a level. XD
Do you have enough memory on your computer for that:dizzy:?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
SBHMX playlist is finished and up. Also Playing With Fire 2 is done and thank you to everyone who's already watched it and rated it.

Top Bottom