• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blade is the best move in the game

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth boards need some good threads now that it seems like we are finally getting our fair share of trolls, noobs, and repeated threads.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
^^iam guessing your bumping this?

Dancing Blade is one of the Best attack's in the game.

PROS
1.12+ dmg.
2.One of the Quickest attacks in the games.
3.One of the best attacks to punish With
3.First attack of dancing sets up to many other moves.
4.Can pressure Shield.
5.Can Kill(at high dmg)

Cons
1.???
--------------------------------------------
Tips
1.Use the up combo at low % use down combo at mid% and use Side at high%.
2.To hit with the Up combo when or Oppoment is at High dmg you must Wiff or Stall the first part of dancing.
3.Never use The down combo vs a high dmg oppoment they can DI or sometime use a attack to counter it.
4.The first attack of Dancing can be used for Mindgames you can link it to a Grab or just do one more dancing.
5.Dancing is your best friend when using grab release combo.
6.The first attack to Dancing blade in the air can be follow up with at UB.(at decent wall spike can be made with this)

That all i got till i think of something else.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
isnt one con being that it's punishable?
Everything in the game is punishable, using the dancing blade wisely is the only way it should be used.

One con is that the down version can be DI'd out of. Another con is that after 2 uses its already at minimum damage and knockback.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
true, I do always find the down attack to be the worst, especially when it's shielded, I can see my life flash before my eyes.

Has anyone else sort of gained a habit of starting DB, like only doing the first hit to adjust spacing or combo into D tilt or something else to pressure a shield or chase the opponent?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Has anyone else sort of gained a habit of starting DB, like only doing the first hit to adjust spacing or combo into D tilt or something else to pressure a shield or chase the opponent?
I see life flash before my eyes when I do this too.

Smarter opponents will know you've got through a time period where a follow-up to DB has expired, and they'll punish if you try a set-up. It's not guaranteed, while landing all four strikes if you land the first one usually is.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I made this thread only two months after Brawl came out.

wtf man.

Why am I so beast?

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
lol informative threads tend to get the most posts EL =p I likes this tho imma start workin on wave blade :D

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I made this thread only two months after Brawl came out.

wtf man.

Why am I so beast?
EL doesn't make many posts these days. He just comes by every three to four days and bumps old threads showing what a beast he is. He may even read other threads, but most importantly, he bumps old threads showing what a beast he is.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
EL doesn't make many posts these days. He just comes by every three to four days and bumps old threads showing what a beast he is. He may even read other threads, but most importantly, he bumps old threads showing what a beast he is.
Edit:thanks for changing your sig >_>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sigged.

10sigs.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

Hears Shao Kahn's voice in the background.

"FATALITY!!!!!!!"

*dies

Steel2nd...WINS!!!!!

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So, to summerize the staling on Dancing Blade, because this question has come up far too much:

Each time you use any slice of Dancing Blade, as in, each time you hit Side B, and it connects, you stale Dancing Blade a little. This is okay, because it refreshes the rest of your moveset stupidly fast, and still does good damage.

Also, this means that the knockback of DB 4 is actually quite amazing, and it's usually staled by 3 at least already when you use it. If your DB4 is the first or even hit to connect (as opposed to the fourth), it has reasonably good K.O. potential, especially if you mix in mindgames that your opponent may not know which way you are going to hit them (forward or up), and can potentially DI incorrectly. Of course, you may envision connect with DB4 only as an impossible feat, but there is a reasonably simple way to do it. Simply attack a shielding opponent with Dancing Blade while they are near an edge. The first two or three hits will push them off the stage or platform, and then the final hit or two will connect. Since the first two hits only connected with Shield, this will result in Dancing Blade being less stale. It's fairly reliable, and I do it a lot, so mix it up with you dtilt edgetrap sometime.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Again, I editted some stuff.

Best thread on SWF about the best move in Brawl.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I was reading and I noticed one error. You get a boost in height when you use Dancing Blade whenever you are already rising, not once per time you're in the air. A number of events can cause this. If I need to jump really high, I jump, Dancing Blade, jump, and Dancing Blade again (rarely do I actually do this, as it's highly unnecessary)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also, upwards DB4 at it's -usual- diminished level (3 strikes before hand) will be killing tipped at the 135% mark; all 4 hits used used concurrently is viable to kill starting it at 120-125%; add about 20% if they DI. i.e. its pretty bad unless completely fresh.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Brawl+ decided it's a good idea to kill off the Decay System. I guess it's SHAYA TIME!

Also while Autosweetspot Ledges are apparently "disabled," you can still do the DS Ledge Stall.

/random

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If there was no move decay, I don't know if this would be good for Marth tbh. I mean, yeah db is now a great kill move, but his fair/uair will combo less and other chars will be tooo good, Snakes ftilt, MK's tornado will do 20% every time, dsmash wont diminish exc...

DB counting as one input instead of 4 wont change the other characters and I guess that can make Marth better because its almost impossible to predict if your gonna use forward or up db4 to kill. Of course this is imo. The problem is DB wont regenerate other moves, but thats far less of a problem then lacking a quick and relatively safe (not completely safe) kill move.

DB being one input not 4 > Removing move decay all together.

Top Bottom