• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blade is the best move in the game

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Hi, guys...I just thought I'd let you know, since this includes waveblading, shieldbreaker can do it, too. It's easier to do a b-reversal while running and jumping away from your opponent, but the method the waveblade employs does just fine-this way you don't have to turn away and make it so obvious before you lunge back to their face with a shieldbreaker. Evade a move with a shorthop and lunge back in with either move. :)

Although, I suppose the landing lag makes it rather unsafe.

Great thread, and thanks for the info. *is practicing right now.*

*edit* I misinterpreted. I can get the dancing blade to bounce FORWARD after a shorthop backward. Is this new?

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
It's a little dangerous to go after a shielding opponent with dancing blade because they can grab you if they're quick (lvl 9 wolf cpus are excellent at it). All it takes is them pressing A within a couple frames, which is not too difficult if you can tech (same idea, press R within a couple frames to land).

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Depends on your opponent's grab range and how good your spacing is.

Obviously I don't advise you to go attacking Dedede's shield with this. But someone with average grab range like Kirby for example, well that's another story.

wolfyjr

Smash Rookie
excellent post, thanks for clearing up everything i wanted to know about dancing blade, the little bit in the end about the cool things u can do, gonna try and implement those in my game, as they cud come in handy :p

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... ive tried a Dancing blade only game (agaisnt wario) and it worked o.O lol.. yes it got stale but was hella fun :p

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow, spitting that crazy white magic with the ressurection.

But, since we're here, I noticed that if you perfectly time a Dancing Blade while running off the edge, you'll get an upward lift. I'm not sure if this is practically applicable, since SHing to Dancing Blade will produce a near identical effect, but I suppose this is somewhat quicker. I'm not sure why it happens only as you're stepping off the edge. Anyone know something about this?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
But this attack has serious lag issues against fast rollers and even shields...

The best move in the game IMO is Metaknight's tornado. Possibly Snakes utilt.

Although the move regeneration of Dancing Blade is very very nice.

I'm going to test to see if a shielding opponent can roll/dodge in the middle of a string.

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice

I'm going to test to see if a shielding opponent can roll/dodge in the middle of a string.
you can roll during the string. it has happened to me on countless occasions. what i do instead is i just stagger the combo now and try and pivot grab if they roll behind me. although most of the time you get hit when trying to roll out.

another move up there is De3's down grab. can someone say "ULTIMATE SET-UP!!!"

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
you can roll during the string. it has happened to me on countless occasions. what i do instead is i just stagger the combo now and try and pivot grab if they roll behind me. although most of the time you get hit when trying to roll out.

another move up there is De3's down grab. can someone say "ULTIMATE SET-UP!!!"
If your opponent rolls out of your Dancing Blade, then you did not execute it fast enough. It's a legitimate 'combo'

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
You really can't compete with Falcon Punch.
But your can sure as hell try!!

As for danceblade its a spamable move that can rack up dmg quickly but lacks real killing power but can kill.

Its kinda like marth in the tier list not the best but sure geting close.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

That's why you delay the hits or stop and grab.

Mix it up sir.

Not everything is easy mode where you can just throw moves out and they ****.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wow, spitting that crazy white magic with the ressurection.

But, since we're here, I noticed that if you perfectly time a Dancing Blade while running off the edge, you'll get an upward lift. I'm not sure if this is practically applicable, since SHing to Dancing Blade will produce a near identical effect, but I suppose this is somewhat quicker. I'm not sure why it happens only as you're stepping off the edge. Anyone know something about this?
As for the upward lift thing from dancing blade, the timing actually isnt that hard (In my opinion at least it shouldnt be). I actually use short hop dancing blade to float in the air and throw off my opponent instead of fast falling (i just dont like shorthop fast falling all that much but i do use it).

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I make myself predictable on purpose to release a well spaced DB.
I stop it at the third hit ( green ). I use this to land an uncharged shield breaker or a Fmash ( usually tipper ).

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That's why you delay the hits or stop and grab.

Mix it up sir.

Not everything is easy mode where you can just throw moves out and they ****.
But like...there's lag even if you stop the combo. For example, I tested with Marth using dancing blade on Metaknight (who has a good fast roll) and if you roll the very second that the sword makes contact with the shield, Meta had time to use an ftilt before marth had recovered from the attack's lag...

re-testing is in order.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
First hit has barely any ending lag. All others have too much ending lag.

Mr.Saturn12

Smash Rookie
for some character at low percentages u can dthrow finished up by a full dancing blade combo.
I have a thread on this and who it works on in the Character section: Marth

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not convinced. I'd rather have Olimar's grab, MK's whorenado, or the turtle. Although I've done some pretty cool things with DB like stand on the edge of the stage and float off while using DB. I think it's a tech of some sort. I should probably share it. :/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The title is what we call...a joke.

>_>

I mean seriously gtfo out with this crap.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
the best move in the game would be

a move that could kill , DB does that
a move that is unblock able , yes if the first hit hits , DB does that
a move that can be used in any situation , on the ground in the air DB does that

so yes i believe DB is the best move in the game , Emblem prince i have full support on this thread

BestSmasherAlive

Smash Rookie
In melee dancing blade never used by pros, too laggy. In this one same concept besides the fact that it doesnt need to be timed. Going to be untouched by professionals besides the recovery part. And recovery is basically covered by shield breaker.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
In melee dancing blade never used by pros, too laggy. In this one same concept besides the fact that it doesnt need to be timed. Going to be untouched by professionals besides the recovery part. And recovery is basically covered by shield breaker.
Did you seriously just say a pro marth won't be using dancing blade? LOL

white peachy

Smash Ace
This is a brawl forum. Melee was a completely different game....and I also use DB to recover, it gives you more options.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Marth boards are supposed to be intelligent and dude with 7 posts you aren't the best smasher alive so shut up. And DB is so good so why wouldn't pros use it? You are an ignorant n00bcake. I second the "get this **** out of here" motion.

@ShadowLink: He's already proved that he doesn't know what he's talking about, so his reasoning would probably be a totally bogus "fact" about DB.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I think that this is one of the best moves in the game, maybe the best. Its Marth's best for sure and it essentially kills my main, Jigglypuff unless I try a dair approach. And to stop that, all you have to do is throw in an f-tilt once in a while or f-smash and I essentially can't approach.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
@ShadowLink: He's already proved that he doesn't know what he's talking about, so his reasoning would probably be a totally bogus "fact" about DB.
Nice new avatar, Nephene FTW

And yea, Marth boards flame and eat noobs like no tomorrow... sadly some newbies also are afected

Top Bottom