• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, it should be fun nonetheless, and if nothing else, it'll give the DK boards a chance to watch a high level DK playing a high level ganon. Oh yeah, i wanna try to get it recorded if that's ok with you
As DJ Nintendo said.. Kage's trying to say: "if it ain't Bum then it's done." lol. =) Just kidding.

Ya for sure, we can get it recorded and all that good stuff. Best of 5? =D

i main falcon in brawl now
We should do team Ganon/Falcon for brawl for the lulz =P

Mr. President

Smash Rookie
there has been talk of a player cap, due to time constraints, and not being able to finish on time.. but we are working it out, and figuring out all possible schedules we can use to optimize our time to finish everything.

and at this time we have no plans on having ssb64 in the line up.

edit: that doesnt mean we might change our minds in the future. =D this is 7 months away, there are plenty of things that could change, as far as schedule goes.
Its only fair to the old school players to have ssb64 included. Do the right thing. Follow your roots.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
As DJ Nintendo said.. Kage's trying to say: "if it ain't Bum then it's done." lol. =) Just kidding.

Ya for sure, we can get it recorded and all that good stuff. Best of 5? =D
Ha, don't think that i'm some mediocre DK player. I play right up there with Bum and pkmvodka. I'll admit though, i'm not so hot against a good ganon, but if you win, i'm not going to make it easy on you. I'm one of the best DK players out there, just ask around. lol. Best of 5 sounds perfect though. lol, and lets keep the meal less than $10. I'm not treating you to red lobster or anything like that. lol

***edit- On a side note, anybody know if pkmvodka or Bum are going to be making an appearance? So far as I can tell, i'm the only DK player going =(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ha, don't think that i'm some mediocre DK player. I play right up there with Bum and pkmvodka. I'll admit though, i'm not so hot against a good ganon, but if you win, i'm not going to make it easy on you. I'm one of the best DK players out there, just ask around. lol. Best of 5 sounds perfect though. lol, and lets keep the meal less than $10. I'm not treating you to red lobster or anything like that. lol

***edit- On a side note, anybody know if pkmvodka or Bum are going to be making an appearance? So far as I can tell, i'm the only DK player going =(
Is that so? We'll see about that and I'm not just a good Ganon... I am the warrior and Ganon! =D

Kage

do you think you can beat mango's jiggz?
Mango's Jiggs? I definitely would like to beat it. I don't know if I can beat it.. well only one way to find out right? =P

strawhats

Smash Master
If you guys have time in between/ at smashfest, could possibly do free for alls. M2k VS. Mango vs. Shiz vs. SS

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Is that so? We'll see about that and I'm not just a good Ganon... I am the warrior and Ganon! =D
lol, so I hear. I hear that you're the ganon to beat right now. I've heard that Bum doesn't play melee anymore and i haven't heard anything about pkmvodka in a very long time, so if that's the case, then I'd be the DK player to beat right now

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Kage mindgames you into thinking meteor-canceling isn't possible. It's that d.amn canuck-charm...
Yeah, trying to meteor cancel ganon's d air is stupid. I'd rather just tech it, that's much easier. Besides, if i do get hit with a d air, and even if i do meteor cancel it, DK's vertical recovery sucks and i'll probably die anyways. I have to tech or I die. lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thats too bad. I understand time constraints and all but nonetheless. It would have been amazing to get over 1000 lol. I know that is a long shot but ya =D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pre paying should bring that number down. Not everyone will be able to make this.
650 is like WAY too many people though. That number would have to decrease by quite a bit to make this tournament end on time. Also, I think a lot of tourny stuff is gonna need to get done Friday, and people HAVE to corporate if this tourny wants to end on time.

Metà

Smash Master
woooow, that's a lot of people at one tournament o.o

I'd imagine just creating pools would take a ridiculous amount of time for over 400 players in each event.

Also, don't forgot that there are probably a lot of people that aren't on that list, but are going to show up, though it probably won't be >400 for each event. If it is.... I'd expect the venue to be quite hectic, lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
well pools will be created in advance, so while it will take a ridiculous amount of time, it won't eat out of the tournament time a la COT4

sidefx

Smash Champion
Pakman is correct in saying that we need everyones cooperation on this.

If we do not, then we simply wont be able to finish the tournament.

As of right now we have close to 650 people registered, and obviously there are tons who arent going to make it. But we are planning for the worst, to be better prepared.

Once pre-pay goes up, we will get a better number of registrants and a better estimate on time schedules. Pre-pay will be mandatory, due to the fact of the amount of people coming to this tournament. We simply do not have enough time to dedicate to the few who did not register and pay online. We are doing this for YOU, so we can streamline the process, and get **** done in an organized fashion.

If you have a problem with not being able to register online, or pay online, then send me a msg on aim, and ill see what i can do. But as far as not being able to get on the internet to register.. i wont except that excuse. There are internet outlets all over the place, internet cafe, school, library, friends house, your phone, etc etc. Payment online is mandatory only because itll help us make pools and seed better, and also it will free up time that we would otherwise dedicate toward the people who didnt pay online. MLG had payments online, that was never a problem, i believe FC or pound also had it as well.

We might implement a payment on site deal at the tournament, but at an increased cost, and your pool will probably be ****ty, and you probably wont get out.

Also pre-registration is enforced because we dont have time to do this at the tournament on day 1. We have way too many people coming to this tournament to have to deal with people registering on the day of the tournament. It just makes things a lot easier for us, and allows the tournament to finish on time.

Confirmation emails will be sent out prior to the tournament to ensure the people who payed will be there 100%.

More info on how to pay will come shortly, were just waiting on a few more signatures on some paper work, and thats it.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Please don't be angry!

We've discussed this quite a bit recently between the three of us organizers. Due to the time constraints as well as lack of interest/hype from the brawl community and it's elites, Brawl regional crews will almost definately be cut. Originally we were to do friendlies and regionals of both games on Friday, but because of the awesome response, we will have to start crews early-ish, then start pools later Friday. If we were to do regionals for both games, the tournament simply would not finish, we really need Friday to start the actual tournament.

I'm very sorry to all those who were looking forward to a brawl regional crew battle. I'm not being partial to melee or being insensitive, there is just zero interest or discussion on a Brawl regional crew battle. If you're region was set on having a crew battle, you are more than welcome to run your own during melee crews. That is all for now.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Team Australia just got pwned in the *** lol (since they all play Brawl seriously except for me)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
They are going to have DBR, Sheridan, and probably Neal (probably Neal right?)

Plus an extremely experienced norcal and socal community, and a bunch of tourny vets. If anything, it will be a huge collaborative effort that I have no doubt it'll run well.

Just play smash and practice up boys and girls...

edit: Haha this post was toward the previous page.

So pre-pay is required now?

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah if at anytime during the tourny we see that we have time to run it, then we will. were just saying that we have to cut it.. right NOW due to the amount of people who have registered.

Things will change, and our response on the matter will probably change as well as the tourny grows closer.

edit: in response to pocky, we might be running pools at the same time, if anything we might even push crews to the end, to save time for the tournament to finish on time.

we dont know yet.. it all depends on how many are actually going.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
We've discussed this quite a bit recently between the three of us organizers. Due to the time constraints as well as lack of interest/hype from the brawl community and it's elites, Brawl regional crews will almost definately be cut. Originally we were to do friendlies and regionals of both games on Friday, but because of the awesome response, we will have to start crews early-ish, then start pools later Friday. If we were to do regionals for both games, the tournament simply would not finish, we really need Friday to start the actual tournament.

I'm very sorry to all those who were looking forward to a brawl regional crew battle. I'm not being partial to melee or being insensitive, there is just zero interest or discussion on a Brawl regional crew battle. If you're region was set on having a crew battle, you are more than welcome to run your own during melee crews. That is all for now.
Aww man, no more Canada crew battle **** in Brawl.

Ah well, I'll just have to look for it in Melee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom