• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
i dnt need a nametag...yallz will know who i am wen i step through the door...do u feel that l33t reiatsu, that pressure?! SNIFFF!!!!

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Official nametags would be amazing Pocky. PRiDE has already thought of something similar to the concept and is trying to make use of it for CoT4. But I think that printing it and laminating them would be better so that the cards may be preserved and re-used whenever necessary. Correct?

Also to everyone else, I would love, love, love to go on the Smash bus to Cali for this tournament. Sadly, since I can't even do overnight Oos tournaments, I'm afraid that I can't experience the greatness that you all will have with that adventure.

The bus costing only $350 or so for a round trip tour w/ cheap motel/hotel housing for overnight? Far out. Again, the problem that would occur more often than naught would be that people have jobs. That will be a tricky thing to get by on.

I'm going to try to get Waltz to hurry up and reserve a spot on the bus so that he can't miss this great opportunity!! Even though I'm going to miss him a whole lot, as well as envy him for the trip, I don't want him to miss something this big, and fantastic. Also, all of you will see hot Cali girls (D<). Plus now that I will inform him that the bus trip will be cheaper than the 'round trip airplane ticket, he'll be excited again to spend such a long journey with fellow smashers.

Wish I could go.. ):

--
Parents think that this whole thing is a ghey idea with how the economy and job situations are right now. Grr. I'm insulted, and I don't even play the game!

pockyD

Smash Legend
Official nametags would be amazing Pocky. PRiDE has already thought of something similar to the concept and is trying to make use of it for CoT4. But I think that printing it and laminating them would be better so that the cards may be preserved and re-used whenever necessary. Correct?
that really depends... having fancy schmancy name-tags is nice and everyone will love them... but it would also probably up the venue fee a bit (or force sacrifices in other areas) to pay for them

WIGI

Smash Champion
im the one wearing all green. green hat, and playing luigi..

im also brinign my own nametags.

on it they say

"Hi my name is ____________, and i was taunt spiked by WiGi."

and everyone i taunt spike i give them one. =]

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol... speaking of name tags..

you guys suck for spoiling suprises... hahah

more details on the secret nametags later...

****it.. haha

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Niko, so the bus would start on the east coast then, so how are pick ups going to work, are you just going to ask people where they are on i-80 and pick a spot to stop. And when do you think ur web site will be up and running?
P.S. Me and Frozenfire13 are more or less sold for this, 340 total cost is too epic, so make it happen!

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm going to announce designated pickup points throughout the I-80 due to licensing issues with the bus. If you're on the I-80 you can be picked up.

Site will be up soon...

WIGI

Smash Champion
im so pumped for this. i hope someone really awsome is there that i can train against xD. im sure there will be.

ANY OTHER LUIGI PLAYERS GOIN ON SMASHBUSS???? (melee lol, i don't need help in brawl.)

gantrain05

Smash Master
Niko, so the bus would start on the east coast then, so how are pick ups going to work, are you just going to ask people where they are on i-80 and pick a spot to stop. And when do you think ur web site will be up and running?
P.S. Me and Frozenfire13 are more or less sold for this, 340 total cost is too epic, so make it happen!
$340!!! thats too rich for my blood, ima start walkin now, see you guys in july.

Binx

Smash Master
Oregon to norcal, not bad! I plan on coming to this, no job johns like last time either, I'm in school full time so as long as I save a little money it should be fine. Hey Otto and Shane, you guys should have me crew with you, I've gotten a lot better and Oregon probably won't make it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Good news, smashers.

Port Chester Chris has been going to various local tournaments recently.

He said that if he still has the "melee fever" in July, he will be taking off of work and flying out to this tournament.

Hype. Hype. Hype.

idea

Smash Master
i'm betting he does. even if he doesn't enter anything, who would pass up a chance to see so many smashers at once? especially when you have a realistic chance of winning money.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Good news, smashers.

Port Chester Chris has been going to various local tournaments recently.

He said that if he still has the "melee fever" in July, he will be taking off of work and flying out to this tournament.

Hype. Hype. Hype.
HES GOT A FEVER, AND THE ONLY PERSCRIPTION, IS MORE MELEE.

Hopefully he shows up to this, it would truly be awesome.

Now, someone start convincing Ken to come to this shiz.

WIGI

Smash Champion
is smashbus 8 days there, 8 days back with 3 days inbetween?

or 4 days tehre 4 days back with 3 for the tourney

Niko_K

Smash Master
LMFAO it's definitely not 8 days there.

It's going to be a 4 day trip. 10 hours of driving a day. The extra 14 hours is leisure time at the hotel and within the city we're staying at.

I believe the cities were stopping in are Chicago, Omaha, Salt Lake, Sacremento, and we're ending up in Antioch.

WIGI

Smash Champion
so still 4 days to get to cali, then 3 days for the tournement, then anotehr 4 days to get back home?

11 days total?

and my rents are skeptical, but they said when there are 40 people registered im allowed. i ahve most of the money needed already...sooo SHotgun spot numebr 41

Corigames

Smash Hero
Since when were you not headed down towards Florida first?

****, that makes the rout so much further from me that this could be a problem.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
provided i do decently at prior OOS tournies, and i get the job i should be getting (m-f schedule) and planes still exist by then, i should be going no problems...

PS

this is a week before my birthday!!

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
If we are coming from PR we may need housing or at least if we decide to come a few days sooner a way to contact people for info maybe a smashfest etc.

Cant wait to demonstrate Im the best Link player.

That bus trip sound good. But it feels hard to pull it off

sidefx

Smash Champion
on the subject of housing..

we are still in the process of negotiating cheaper pricing for the surrounding hotels near Genesis.. and as far as housing with other smashers go.. we are still in the process of coming up with a list of people that are willing to house others.

as far as trying to secure housing at another smashers house for more than the days of the tournament.. all im saying is good luck with that.. cause people have real life stuff to take care of.. i know people are coming to this as a vacation experience as well.. but please, do not have your mind set on having someone housing you and your friends for the whole time at genesis.. im not saying it wont happen, just saying that there are a very limited amount of people that would be willing to do that

this is directed at everyone btw...

also id like to remind everyone.. that the majority of people will be staying at hotel rooms. there simply arent enough people around the area to house everyone coming to genesis.. we are expecting 400-500 people to this.. and it will be very hard to find personal housing for everyone that is attending.. we are trying our hardest to achieve this.. but you also have to be realistic about it as well..

we will have our forums set up for personal housing requests for people in the area.. once it is up, i will be informing everyone in the Norcal/Socal region to help and step up to the plate to help with the housing needs. We will also be posting up our hotel deals once that is all set up in the very near future..

every step we are taking on this is and has been checked and rechecked so we dont have to run into problems in the future. Please be patient when i say we are doing everything possible to ensure that this tournament will be as smooth as possible. extra lube.

sidefx

Smash Champion
transportation to and from hotels are being looked into...

a certain number of hotels that we are in negotiations with are within 3-5 minutes driving distance of the venue, but they arent really walking distance.. but we are trying to set up a bus route with the city to and from the "main" hotel we are trying to get the biggest and best deal from.

we are also planning on having people driving too and from hotels to help with transportation. dont worry itll all be taken care of =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom