• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sounds like you guys are doing a good job. This will be worth the drive. :D

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey, Niko, just to let you know I have at least 5 other MA smashers who would be interested.

It'll still be passing through New York, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Interstate_80_map.png
Since it doesn't start in New York, and you have to pass through New York to get to it, PLEASE keep the New York stop in New York City. You have no idea how hard it will be for smashers in New England to get on that bus without you stopping in New York City

adhdfoy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah definitely tell the area which the bus is going through in NY. Ill try my hardest to get on it. Have to find a place/money/time to get on.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Yeah definitely tell the area which the bus is going through in NY. Ill try my hardest to get on it. Have to find a place/money/time to get on.
gogogogogogogogogo

i really wish i could house some people, i got a nice guest room and everything, but i'm in socal and i have to drive up there myself.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i dont main marth i main sheik/marth/fox equally now

im not even joking, at all, i use all 3 in tourney equally now

the catch is i only go to melee tourneys once every 1-2 months and half of my existance now is just sleeping or wasting time on aim / boards lol. Don't worry though I'll play for like a week before genesis to get good again hopefully

festizzio

Smash Champion
M2K you can't main 3 things equally dummy.
33% of the time you're one character
Do that 3 times.

That leaves at least 1% of the time where you MUST play someone else.

Also Niko from Toronto to New York City the route you should take is this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...41.861379,-76.047363&spn=4.51634,8.481445&z=7
unless it's a 2/3 match and he always takes it to 3rd match just so he can go all three characters

then in finals he just wins the first three games, one with each character

idea

Smash Master
jiggs seems so much more irritating though...whereas with top tiers the **** is spread out over the course of the match, with jiggs, it's just all of a sudden you'll throw them off the edge and they'll die somehow. it's annoying (for other people, i can only assume) cause it's all at once. this is probably the same reason people were initially so bothered by wobbling. it's not any more gay to wobble a fox on FD than it is to death combo it out of a grab with marth (probably less gay, since marth can get grabs more easily), but it happens all at once.

also i guess people feel like they have more control since marths screw up that death combo more often than ICs screw up wobbling. but then, they have a harder time setting it up in the first place, so it still evens out.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i know i know.. we had some internal conflicts with allowing this ( obviously i let wanted it allowed since i main ic's and i also dont see it game breaking in anyway)

but we also came to the conclusion that we have to realize that wobbling is banned in a lot of tournaments, and a lot of the people coming to this dont have it on, but then again.. it comes back around to the "this is our tournament" way of thinking, which also means that we would like to please as many people as possible with this tournament, which also means .. well i can go on forever.

ultimately were going to have a vote on it, and some other things as well (like stages and stuffs) on our forums that we will have up in a few days, and then base our final ruling from what the vote says.. but not entirely.. it will just help us with deciding it. kinda like poll the audience thing from that millionaire show.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Does anyone else find it interesting that most of the swf hype from this tournament is about melee?

It's doubtful, but I would be really happy if the Melee tournament was bigger than the Brawl one.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Would be even better if all of the 500?? participants would join both events ^_^
That is not gonna happen. I am not Brawling at all at this tournament. However, I would gladly play some Tekken 5, 3rd strike, Tetris, or Dr Mario during the Brawl day if there are setups.

WIGI

Smash Champion
im playing both games singles and doubles for both, although i may need a partner if noone i know is going.

i play luigi and jiggs in melle for teams, mostly luigi, and i play 100% luigi in brawl. i have no secondary. don't need it lol

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah we have a CRAP ton of interest for brawl.. mainly from AIB though.. 250ish already prereg'd and usually you add on like 100 to that or something..

but i seriously dont know which event will be bigger.. at first i thought brawl all the way.. but .. melee is still deep in there. =D go melee!

(both events will be treated equal)

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
ultimately were going to have a vote on it, and some other things as well (like stages and stuffs) on our forums that we will have up in a few days, and then base our final ruling from what the vote says.. but not entirely.. it will just help us with deciding it. kinda like poll the audience thing from that millionaire show.
Thats good I hope that u come with decent Rules. And please keep in mind that some are traveling like us so please have that in consideration as to stages banned and stuff. I personaly like the rules of Fast 1.

For instance in PR on melee at the beggining of a set each player may decide to ban a stage from random but not a stage for counter pick.ex If I know u are a ganon player the I ban Yoshi Story so I limit ur options. So then what is the reason of counterpicking at all.

also in PR if u pick a stage and lose u can pick that stage again Thats for bigger sets.

Here are some links of PR competition.

Highlight video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiq-pG4FyY&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItqJ9mEnMk

A must see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1yJsYCzs04&feature=related

There are more if interested search Rum&Smash on you tube. some vid are old and the recent ones well I have to admit PR stop playing melee so must of us are rusty but we are going to prepare for this tournament to play like we used to do before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom