• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I could never make it out there for three days. One request of mine is to get as many matches as possible recorded and post them up XD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hopefully I won't need to be clean for that time period.
10thissssses

kind of a recent convert [thanks Beard and Sky Princess lmao]

btw...I don't think such explicit references are the greatest idea on a public forum. Also, the last thing we want is some younger Smasher who needs his parents' permission be put in the unfortunate, albeit unlikely, position of having to show them this thread to let them know it's "safe" so I guess that's the last I'll contribute to the problem haha

Also...

::the other day::

toasty: duuuude I can't wait for the big announcement for Genesis, it'll be worth the wait for sure. The stuff they've already got planned/hinted at already sounds sooo amazing
Caboose: really?
toasty:.........? you...you don't know?!?
Caboose: nah I've just heard you guys talk about going and how it's gonna cost like $500+ for everything...
toasty: dude, seriously...just read the first post.

----24 hours later----

Caboose: so...I read the first post on the Genesis thread...
toasty: ...and?
Caboose:..........................................I need $500.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah you guys cut out the weed talk on the thread, i dont want it being locked due to something as dumb as that

please =)

edit: lolll @ ^^^ , too good

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wombo Combo is hot!!!

I can't wait for this tournament, it is going to be amazing.

Also, are there individual event prices, or no? Is it just going to be one big bundle?

sidefx

Smash Champion
we are planning on releasing a melee package and brawl package and both.. so 3 separate packages. more details on that coming soon.

Iwan

Smash Ace
this is the ONLY real benefit, and it's only a semi-benefit, since you probably won't be stopping to actually visit anything, instead only watching it pass through your foggy windows

everything else is something you can do while NOT TRAPPED ON A BUS. need more time to hang out with your fellow smashers? ...You mean MORE than the 3-day event that you're going to? Set it up in a reasonable place instead of a cramped, moving venue, and i assure you everyone will be happier.
What did the smash bus ever do to you lmao.

You care way too much about something you don't want anything to do with.

Sort of weird...it's like this is Happy Gilmore.....the Smash Bus is Happy Gilmore, and you're that dude who keeps coming out of no where and saying "YOU SUCK, JACK@SS!".....whenever he goes to put.

You make absolutely no sense to me and you are, in my mind, the destroyer of everything fun and wonderful D:

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
i dont main marth i main sheik/marth/fox equally now

im not even joking, at all, i use all 3 in tourney equally now

the catch is i only go to melee tourneys once every 1-2 months and half of my existance now is just sleeping or wasting time on aim / boards lol. Don't worry though I'll play for like a week before genesis to get good again hopefully
lol the tournament is in july and we already have the first John :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Since this thread has gotten over 141 pages of trash talk, smash bus planning and general spam flooding it, I think you guys should make a new thread or something once you have the real info.

While I'm always a skeptic, I really hope this comes together soon. The hype is off the charts for this event.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
lmao "you are, in my mind, the destroyer of everything fun and wonderful D:" how epic.

What if I won? I know.

No one would care because it is New Mexico, the tourny is rigged, and there would be a redo tournament. Sadtimes.com

sidefx

Smash Champion
Since this thread has gotten over 141 pages of trash talk, smash bus planning and general spam flooding it, I think you guys should make a new thread or something once you have the real info.

While I'm always a skeptic, I really hope this comes together soon. The hype is off the charts for this event.

and to circumvent that problem, we have our own GENESIS Forums that we will be releasing sometime next week (100% positive on that) with all the new info and everything gathered and organized onto the forums in its own separate categories.

smashbus will also be included in the organization.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
what if i won?

i know the gamefaqs melee boards will explode if so

Watch the match from across the room
drop my controller while the joysticks boom
take a seat and skip the tags
no need here for those tournyfags
make our way through the counters and bans
the pick is yours and I'm from Japan
move in close as the lasers fly
our shines collide and the watchers cry