• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok. road trips are fun. usualy they are like, with a van of 5 or so people. and they usualy just drive to a place and back. road trips with freinds ae EPIC. and most road trips, you pay for bawlz and hotels an dyou have to stay awake driving and stufff.

NOW.

Multiply that by 10.

Road Trip x10= SmashBus

WE GET TO SEE MOST OF AMERICA. i get go go places ive never been. with people ive never or only met a couple times. WITH FREE BAWLZ. =]

you may consider yourself smarter by saving a hundred bucks. but i say im smarter for spending 100 more bucks.

its like people who buy the ipod shuffle, they have the money for a nano, but they just want to save money.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Summation:
PockyD says smashbus won't save you money in comparison with a flight. People have said they are taking the bus to save money. Therefore, those people benefit from knowing a more frugal option.

MattDotZeb says that it will be an awesome time and some people would want to save money to go on the bus.

MDZ is not having the same argument as PockyD. By all means, get the smashbus. We are just trying to let people know that it is the more expensive option who just assume that a bus should be cheaper than a plane.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm still going to say that the smash bus will probably be cheaper in my situation considering the region I live in and the inability to easily access a major airport. If it is proven otherwise, then I will obviously go with the cheaper option, as that is my current primary concern.

I'm not sure how you guys can negotiate down a plane ticket (and the expense of getting to the airport) to be cheaper than the bus, but if you can, I would like to know how and where.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I'm still going to say that the smash bus will probably be cheaper in my situation considering the region I live in and the inability to easily access a major airport. If it is proven otherwise, then I will obviously go with the cheaper option, as that is my current primary concern.

I'm not sure how you guys can negotiate down a plane ticket (and the expense of getting to the airport) to be cheaper than the bus, but if you can, I would like to know how and where.
Assuming you have a job, the extra days you would be working and not on a bus would easily pay for transportation to an airport.

Also, the bus probably isn't going to go to your house you are going to have to meet up with the group somewhere along their route.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Assuming you have a job, the extra days you would be working and not on a bus would easily pay for transportation to an airport.
True, but I get ****ty hours at my job. I signed on to be full time and I'm scheduled for 11 hours this week >_> So, I'm in the current position of applying for new jobs. I have no clue what a different job will bring, if I have one, by July let alone if that time would in fact be spent working to gain more money.

I mean... 6 months and all could change a lot of stuff. But, if it would work that way, you are correct. But how much of a difference would it make? Let's say riding the bus takes up X amount of money. Riding a plane takes up Y amount of money. Y > X ...However, with Y I can make Z amount of money at my job to make up for lost time on the bus. Y - Z = X ...This way, it's even. However, if I go the plane route, when I get in to CA I have to worry about hotel or housing and a ride from the airport (taxi, someone picks me up, etc.) to said shelter. If I go the bus route (and everything promised is provided), then I don't have to worry about a hotel fee and the bus will, obviously, take us where we need to go when we finally get to CA (not to restaurants for snack time, but you know what I mean). I didn't figure in food since both scenarios call for the expenditure and the ride to the bus pick up point/airport. So, those other fees could be considered... uh... P?

So Y - Z + P (> ? <) X

pockyD

Smash Legend
the bus base cost is already not necessarily strictly cheaper than flying, if you keep an eye out for cheaper offers... plus, free hotels? really? why are people counting on that?

i still maintain food is a non-issue unless you don't eat when you're at home, but if it WAS an issue, it would be more expensive with the bus, less expensive with flying

getting to the venue is no problem; you can take BART straight from either airport, and people will be shuttling from BART to venue

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Haha BART is an awesome name for a a shuttle bus.

People are counting on free hotels because they have been guaranteed, and some have already responded positively.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Haha BART is an awesome name for a a shuttle bus.

People are counting on free hotels because they have been guaranteed, and some have already responded positively.
BART is the name of our subway transit

stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit

the busses are different..

( as you have seen on the news, about the BART cop that killed the guy in one of the stations on new years)

Frames

DI
well for fl/ec is cheaper to take the bus cost wise that is not necessarily time-effective

340 for bus
399 for plane

colin/andy/i are figuring out how to get there for 100 bucks LOL

Frames

DI
hungry ur so terrible about rides if u went with us it would curse us somehow like the pirates of the caribbean and we would be unable to go

sry

Tero.

Smash Champion
dude i should rent like a huge *** boat and sail around the us and go through the panama canal and show up in cali in style

where is the nearest dock to the venue?
this is the fukcin best thing i ever read in the history of smashboards.
thank you for this. Also thx to darc for making it possible.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol ok, you said "smashbus is mroe ex*****ve now"

or sumthing liek that i thought you ment price went up.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I wanted to go to Cali sooo bad for ITG, too bad I had to quit.

I didn't know there were so many people who came to smash from ITG/DDR. I thought I was the only one. Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom