• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
already had this discussion, east coast would **** west hands down.

think of the ten best players on the west coast being in a crew.

and then put them up against

m2k
pc
cactuar
jman
shizwiz
darc
cort
azen
lambchops
hax (if he gets back to his prime)

yea.....
Shiz and Lambchops count as South.

At last count KDJ was also coming, so count him in the crew also.

So...

M2K
PC
KDJ
Azen
Chu?/Wife
Cort
Cactuar
Jman
Darc
Wife/someone else really good.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Shiz and Lambchops count as South.

At last count KDJ was also coming, so count him in the crew also.

So...

M2K
PC
KDJ
Azen
Chu?/Wife
Cort
Cactuar
Jman
Darc
Wife/someone else really good.
I don't want to sound like a jerk but I feel like the people who have been keeping the east coast melee scene alive should have precedence over the people who have switched to brawl or have become inactive and won't travel around the region. I'd personally rather have a worse team with more dedicated melee players.

Also, would PC and KDJ even go?

Alukard

Smash Hero
I don't want to sound like a jerk but I feel like the people who have been keeping the east coast melee scene alive should have precedence over the people who have switched to brawl or have become inactive and won't travel around the region. I'd personally rather have a worse team with more dedicated melee players.

i agree 100%

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
already had this discussion, east coast would **** west hands down.

think of the ten best players on the west coast being in a crew.

and then put them up against

m2k
pc
cactuar
jman
shizwiz
darc
cort
azen
lambchops
hax (if he gets back to his prime)

yea.....
lol, i was talking just about the overall tournament. Yeah, no **** east coast would beat west in a crew battle. lol

papermarkis

Smash Lord

I hate Brawl as much as the next guy, but this isn't a Melee tournament.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not going across country to play Super Smash Run-in-circles-until-someone-trips-and-the-other-person-wins Brothers. I'm going to play Melee.

So... at least to me... it's a Melee tournament.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm not going across country to play Super Smash Run-in-circles-until-someone-trips-and-the-other-person-wins Brothers. I'm going to play Melee.

So... at least to me... it's a Melee tournament.
I'm going to have to agree with this. I'm not sure it could've been said better... which is weird since it's coming from corey.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord

True, but a few of those are likely to attend as well. I forgot to mention Teczero who is also really really good. I hope he would go.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
whytf is this turning into a melee vs brawl again? God you people suck.

Learn to respect people's choices and keep your opinions to yourself for that one. If you don't like brawl stfu, if you don't like melee stfu. Even if you like both games stfu anyways because taste cannot be argued.

battousai555

Smash Ace
whytf is this turning into a melee vs brawl again? God you people suck.

Learn to respect people's choices and keep your opinions to yourself for that one. If you don't like brawl stfu, if you don't like melee stfu. Even if you like both games stfu anyways because taste cannot be argued.
Learn to respect people's choices to express their opinions, including hateful ones.

Who are you to say taste cannot be argued?

See the hypocrisy of your post?
/gg

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Learn to respect people's choices to express their opinions, including hateful ones.

Who are you to say taste cannot be argued?

See the hypocrisy of your post?
/gg
I like chocolate, you don't. You /gg. Can you really argue that I like chocolate, **** no you can't. It's just absolutely meaningless to do so. Obviously, your flavor is the best flavor, am i doing right?

Go back to WC!

battousai555

Smash Ace
I like chocolate, you don't. You /gg. Can you really argue that I like chocolate, **** no you can't. It's just absolutely meaningless to do so. Obviously, your flavor is the best flavor, am i doing right?

Go back to WC!
"Learn to respect people's choices and keep your opinions to yourself for that one."

Why do others have to keep their opinions to themselves?

Yes, I can argue that you don't like chocolate. You may have possibly been brainwashed into liking chocolate. The real you didn't like chocolate, but you were forced to. You are the Manchurian chocolate candidate.
Or, perhaps you have some mental disorder in which you confuse words with the objects they represent. You may actually be referring to a potato when you say "I like chocolate."

You may think that was rather silly and meaningless, but I believe both of my explanations to be plausible, and they actually took a little thought. I never find thought to be meaningless.

The King

Smash Ace
First off, Toasty...once our announcement post is ready covering some really awesome topics, I'm sure you're going to be one of the more pleased readers concerning cooking arrangements at the venue. I don't want to spoil anything yet, but use your imagination. =p

To everyone else in the last 20-30 posts...

You guys can discuss the brawl vs melee debate all you want. Just NOT in this thread; this isn't the place to revive this particular "discussion", because oftentimes this discussion turns into nothing more than a flame war with people arguing over their own opinion. We in DBR all have our own bias concerning one game or the other, as well as seeing the positives and negatives in each game. However, as far as *Genesis* is concerned: Both games will be treated equally, with equal exposure and equal treatment as much as possible.

Once the time comes, we'll post up a rough draft of the schedule for crews and whatnot for each event, as well as rulesets for both. As far as how each region chooses their team and from where they pull their players, we'll be leaving that mainly up to you guys...though probably expect only WC, EC, South, Midwest, and Canada teams (possibly Europe / Rest of the World if they are interested in pulling a team together and have the attendance to back it up).

But again guys, please refrain from digging into the brawl vs melee debate here. For us. =)

King Out

Tero.

Smash Champion
on a sidenote:

I love how DBR always makes everything as outstanding as possible.

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
Sounds pretty epic :o Too bad I live on the other side of the country... *shoots self*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom