• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
me and az win doubles for brawl =DDDD!!! <3 az
I can't even imagine how good we are going to be when we have actual practice/warm up for an event, ROFL. Not to mention teaming two events in a row (Genesis then EVO). Speaking of EVO, go buy your tickets already! I got the doubles pass set so all you need to buy is the singles.

<3 judge

CO18

Smash Hero
I dropped $530 (but that does include a trip to Vegas for EVO).

---

I told sidefx this via pm, but for registration:

-Plan to have roughly 1 person taking registration for every 32-64 people you expect to attend. This means that you should, likely, have at least TWELVE people taking registration at this. These 12 people can have envelopes and paper (which should be pre-printed with collumns so all that is needed is a to write down a name and make a check mark for what they paid for, and then write down the total amount paid by the person). Every 10 names or so the helpers send off the paper to the head TO (the people who have TIO/computers) and then they get to work on another list (this way the TO's are actively entering people into a computer as the helpers are actively taking money and getting names down on paper). Go every 10 names so that another helper TO can confirm that the amount of money in the envelopes matches the amount shown on the piece of paper (helpers should be armed with calculators to save more time). MLG uses a system similar to this (except they have multiple computers so they don't need to do the hand-off system). Oh, and you can make each person stand for a part of the alphabet, aka person 1 takes registration from people with alias's A-C, then person 2 takes D-F, etc. The more organized the better.

Expect each registrant to take 1 minute to register. If you have 500 people and one person taking registration, thats 500 minutes (or about 8 hours, this was the mistake made at COT4, one person did registration for 300 people, a second person was added after about 2 hours but the damage was done, it took about 4-5 hours to get every registered. If you have 12 people that is just 41 minutes. For an event this size you should (likely) need 12 or more helpers anyways.

Remember, you set the WHOLE tempo of the tournament right at registration. If you don't do it quickly and efficiently, you set the whole tournament behind and can shoot yourself in the foot before you even get to stand. You don't want registration to take 2-3 hours with another 2 hours for creating pools and then suddenly you are playing catch up the ENTIRE weekend.
I really hope they read this and made sure that's happening.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I smoked with people and no1 was nice enuf to help my poor *** out

u should go to mass madness again .... we'll have a blunt MM !!!
Again? I've never been to a Mass Madness =P .. but Blunt MM sounds funny. Well, after Genesis tournaments for me will have to stop for a while for a few months.. running out of money and I need to find something I can do for a living. lol.

Nike.

Smash Hero
To anyone attending BOTH Genesis and Evo

Would anybody like to have me tag along? As in, take the same plane rides, share hotel rooms, become bffl(s)?

Id hate to be myself from the mon-thurs between the 2 tournys :[

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
To anyone attending BOTH Genesis and Evo

Would anybody like to have me tag along? As in, take the same plane rides, share hotel rooms, become bffl(s)?

Id hate to be myself from the mon-thurs between the 2 tournys :[
I'll tag along with you for Genesis >.>

Check your PM's I need to find people to room with. Preferably Texas people/people I know.

sidefx

Smash Champion
one thing ive noticed, is you guys act as if genesis is already a failure, and that were trying to do whatever we can to "save" it

i know this is breaking all sorts of attendance records and what not, but trust. dbr does not know how to fail as far as entertainment goes.

were pulling out all stops for this, and have back up plans for our back up plans.

EVERYTHING has been thought out, and re thought out, and thought out again..

we spent the last 3 years as game testers, which is basically methodically testing **** to make sure its not ****ed up, so we have a tendency and a natural habit now of making sure the **** we do is completely solid.

also.. we have shirts (that will hopefully go into print tomorrow) that i wanted to put up for you guys to see.. im jumping the gun here cause its not 100% confirmed yet since we dont have them yet..

but........

what the hell.. even if it doesnt happen, (which im sure it will one way or another) i want to show off the design.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT PRICES. ill post up more info if its 100% confirmed (ill know by tomorrow)

enjoy =)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
one thing ive noticed, is you guys act as if genesis is already a failure, and that were trying to do whatever we can to "save" it

i know this is breaking all sorts of attendance records and what not, but trust. dbr does not know how to fail as far as entertainment goes.

were pulling out all stops for this, and have back up plans for our back up plans.

EVERYTHING has been thought out, and re thought out, and thought out again..

we spent the last 3 years as game testers, which is basically methodically testing **** to make sure its not ****ed up, so we have a tendency and a natural habit now of making sure the **** we do is completely solid.

also.. we have shirts (that will hopefully go into print tomorrow) that i wanted to put up for you guys to see.. im jumping the gun here cause its not 100% confirmed yet since we dont have them yet..

but........

what the hell.. even if it doesnt happen, (which im sure it will one way or another) i want to show off the design.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT PRICES. ill post up more info if its 100% confirmed (ill know by tomorrow)

enjoy =)
**** sidefx you know how to make a wicked design. I'm torn between the black and white one. Hell if I can afford it I'll get both.

Have you considered a career in layout/logo design?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like the shirts...I'm just unsure about what to tell my parents/friends if they ask "What does DBR means?"

Death by Resurrection?
Dawn before Righteousness?
other ides?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I like the shirts...I'm just unsure about what to tell my parents/friends if they ask "What does DBR means?"

Death by Resurrection?
Dawn before Righteousness?
other ides?
you could also just tell them it's a smash crew and you don't know what the letters stand for. that's probably what I would do with parents/PC friends who would not appreciate Death By ****.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Um, I paid for Genesis at SCSA...

Is the confirmed players on the Registration site supposed to be accurate?

LLDL

Smash Hero
AlphaZealot, tell them that it means Death Battle Reuinion or something.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So I was watching some vids with commentary just now and I think the west coast use of "hella" is the same as the east coast use of "mad".

WC: "Grandma's Boy is hella-funny."
EC: "Grandma's boy is mad funny, yo."

Discuss

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
whoa milktea your coming to this?

There are gonna be soooo many old school faces. I wonder if Isai/Ken/Mana will randomly decide to come. Or Recipherous (super duper old school).

Miztik

Smash Master
Last i heard Isai is, but not 100% sure.

Also i think only Nor-cal uses Hella, because ive talked to ppl from socal before (not just smashers) and they knew i was from norcal because i said Hella alot, but then again i wouldnt doubt it being a westcoast thing

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
So I was watching some vids with commentary just now and I think the west coast use of "hella" is the same as the east coast use of "mad".

WC: "Grandma's Boy is hella-funny."
EC: "Grandma's boy is mad funny, yo."

Discuss
LOL I say mad all the time.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
mad is a good word. wish i was coming to this. it's too big for me lol. have fun everyone can't wait for videos only a couple more weeks.

sidefx

Smash Champion
hella = norcal. =D

which is why you hear it so much, cause norcal is where all the WC commentary comes from. waffles, and phil =D

but i guess hella is to norcal as mad is to new york

example:

Wes: "thats maaaaaaaaaaaaad homo son"
me "thats hella ****ing gay"

discuss.

idea

Smash Master
did "hella"come from that one episode of south park, or was that episode making fun of already popular slang? i'm guessing it's the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom