• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
A creepy old guy just called me on my cell and the conversation went like this:

me: Hello
Old fart: why hello
me: can i help you?
old fart: I don't know, it depends on if you want to take off all your clothes and hop in bed with me.
me: umm...no thanks.
old fart: well it was a worth of a try
me:okay...bye?
old fart: i'm looking for my brother.
me: you have the wrong number
old fart: WELLL I AM SOO SORRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS

THE END
If Ryan called me like this I'd totally do it.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Biggest problem we had with seeding was that we only knew the team names, not the names of the players. Other than that, I thought it was fine/didn't hear anybody complaining too hard.

It can be hard to seed by location in really small tournies. And like Jam said, you can't completely control the losers bracket.

They ran a swiss format at GS2. I'm kind of curious as to why nobody else has ever tried that.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hers is about a 20 something girl just getting out of college and having to get a crappy job because she's broke.

so yeah, basically a documentary about beards.
I think all documentaries boil down to being about beards.

It's just a fact of life.
have i mentioned how much i love you guys?

Biggest problem we had with seeding was that we only knew the team names, not the names of the players. Other than that, I thought it was fine/didn't hear anybody complaining too hard.

It can be hard to seed by location in really small tournies. And like Jam said, you can't completely control the losers bracket.

They ran a swiss format at GS2. I'm kind of curious as to why nobody else has ever tried that.
swiss format? pls expl.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea, I think the top 8 seeding was fine except that you did something wrong when you moved Banks and he had to play Hax waaaaaay too early for someone we thought should be 8th seed.
well given the bracket i had, i should have placed 9th assuming i'd beat solar and spife which i would usually say would go my way, and would probly have lost to swift. so it could have been pretty accurate. I also sorta wanted to play hax in winners over other people (eggm/jman) because i hate fox, so it was actually cool with me. (altho i got hax second round, idk what other people even had) it was a good set, but he's too suave on the monkey stage.

me vs solar was not a good set though, but i'll keep my johns to myself :lick:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that sounds like an excellent method, but sounds like it could take a little too long.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Seriously though, I have never been so excited about Melee as I am right now. Despite blowing under pressure, I feel like I'm playing on a much different level than I have been for a long time.
:D This!
I was surprised I did so well against your Mewtwo, and against other people that weren't Spawn with my Mewtwo.

Spawn always ***** me v_v;;

I'm working on my Fox/Sheik now. Depending on when my next tournament is, I may or may not bring them out. >_>;;

Still workin' on my Mewtwo aswell ;P!

Dayum. To the max.

that sounds like an excellent method, but sounds like it could take a little too long.
o.o Nah, just do it for smaller tournaments. Doing this for a 200+ person tournament would be lethal.

Swiss sounds facking awesome though.

Swiftly

Smash Rookie
swiss i think should happen for small tourneys

pools are the best of course cuz u get to see the pools prior and hype ensues at majors

S l o X

Smash Champion
Anis Mojgani said:
I was here / I was here motha****a / And ain’t none of y’all can write that in the spot that I just wrote it in / I’m here motha****a and we all here motha****a and we all motha****as, motha****a / Because every breath I give brings me a second closer to the day that my mother may die / Because every breath I take takes me a second further from the moment she caught my father’s eye / Because every word I carry is another stone to put into place in the foundation that I’m building / Because the days can erase something that I never saw / What all of us wanted and what none of us got /What we all had and have and what we all forgot / That we all wanted to be something / That we all became something / And it might not be the **** we once though we’d be when we were kids but something is still something and like some cats say, something is better than nothing / Feet are smarter than an engine / And dreams are stronger than thighs / And questions are the only answers we need to know that we are alive as I am when I have the mind of a child, asking why is 2 + 3 always equal to 5 ? / Where do people go to when they die? / What made the beauty of the moon? / And the beauty of the sea? / Did that beauty make you? / Did that beauty make me? / Will that make me something? / Will I be something? / Am I something?”

And the answer comes: already am, always was, and I still have time to be.
10charmanders-pokemonmonth

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I stopped being lazy and started playing Super Mario RPG again. I ran into a glitch where the game would freeze when I tried to change my party's equipment. It was annoying, but eventually it stopped happening, so I didn't think much of it.

Earlier tonight, I beat Johnny and got the sixth star. The glitch returned, except now it freezes during the screen where Johnny's star joins the rest of them on the Star Pieces sub-screen. No matter what I try, I can't get past that screen.

I am highly upset.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
greyhound tickets to pound go for $40 if you buy them 21 days in advance *so by next friday ;D )
Ummm link? one way? Where you getting housed?

I think im going to go w Sox, Noodles, and Bolt. Not sure. I think im going to go though and just suck it up with the $ and deal with it. Whatever.

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
I live in that big fat state Other Name: Larx
I stopped being lazy and started playing Super Mario RPG again. I ran into a glitch where the game would freeze when I tried to change my party's equipment. It was annoying, but eventually it stopped happening, so I didn't think much of it.

Earlier tonight, I beat Johnny and got the sixth star. The glitch returned, except now it freezes during the screen where Johnny's star joins the rest of them on the Star Pieces sub-screen. No matter what I try, I can't get past that screen.

I am highly upset.
This happened to me in digimon world 3 where i fell through the ground and the game would just go blank and wouldn't load the rest of the game. it broke my heart because i couldn't save before it froze. I stopped playing the game after that happened which bummed me out.

S l o X

Smash Champion

Niko45

Smash Master
Don't give OTG any more reason to think he's the best. That's the last thing he needs.

Humble this dude! >_>

But seriously, I was shocked that he and Niko didn't make it out of doubles pools at ROM.
We had never teamed before competitively, and we only even really teamed in practice for one night right beforehand. It showed in tournament. Our pool was pretty tough, too. We would have had to beat out Scar/Darc, Tec0/Vanz, or Arc/Zoso. We were outmatched.

Since then we've been really clicking in teams, tho.

Skler

Smash Master
I think a second 23 hours of smash at PCs house would be a fantastic thing. Plus, chipotle is always good.

I can't believe this thread only gained a page since I last checked it. Way to fail, CT.

Lovage

Smash Hero
smashfest at Pc's next week....lets do it!!!! ill take the train lol

actually i dont care where
i just wanna play with him (and all the ec smashers) while im over there
i wanna go to that basement on True Life where i first heard what an STD was...lol

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Lovage-Where exactly are you going to be in New York? I'd definitely make a drive if a couple people would like to play or you can play for a long time one day. lol.

CT Thread hasn't been active because of finals and stuff obviously Skler.

That, and everyone in CT pretty much just talks about random crap.

Top Bottom