• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh hey Lil I see you're up still. 3 finals today one on Thursday. My classes are gonna get owned so hard.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm in. It's called the I'm going to fail my final today club. I lied about doing well on my finals in my previous post. Just realized I have yet another paper to do.

_milktea

Smash Lord
went to sleep at 6am yesterday. then napped 4pm to 9.

staying up until like 6 maybe tonight too? depends on my mood

hope ur doing well =D

my grades blow this semester

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't plan on going to sleep. xD I have my first final at 9-11 then 12-2 then 3-5 o_O

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm in. It's called the I'm going to fail my final today club.
Good ****.

I wish somehow someway my set Vs eggm in tourney was recorded. I wanted to worship it because I played amazing and didnt get ***** uber hard.

I'll probably get flamed for this but I honest to god thought I could have at least taken game 1. I kept getting grabs and ****... I just messed up edge guards.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
<div style="cursor: pointer; color:#DFDFDF;" id="pakHeader" onclick="var content = document.getElementById('pakContent'); var header = document.getElementById('pakHeader'); if (header.innerHTML.indexOf('-') >= 0){content.style.display='none';header.innerHTML='SPOILER BLOCK +';} else {content.style.display='block';header.innerHTML=' SPOILER BLOCK -';}">SPOILER BLOCK +</div>
<div id="pakContent" style="display:none;">HEY GUYS! LOOK WHAT I DID!!!
</div>

Aesir

Smash Master
I wasn't sandbagging so much as I was in Combo Video mode :laugh:

C'mon, that 2nd kill was gorgeous.
Rofl, I loved the second kill. I figured you were sandbagging since every time you light shielded he would forward B it bringing you to the edge. You would than immediately roll on and he would recover.

I figured you were just trolling him.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
POF, just to let you know, you're going to get an insane amount of **** if you don't go to pound.
I actually pretty much can't blame you. I'm just pissed because no one in CT is really in definite with their plans. I want to take a plane or get a ride with someone. I'm not going to drive to pound 4. No way...my car can't handle it. Thing is though, registration is as high as possible now and its ****ing gay. Stupid procrastinating.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
If people want to stay at my place on friday night to split the trip up I am fine with that. Its about halfway between NYC and the tournament.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
No johns, don't blame it on other people.
I really don't care if you or anyone else goes, I just find it funny that you posted a ton of times saying any smasher that doesn't go is worthless and should quit.
take a bus?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Good looks to all those still at University. This is hell week, and I'm sure you guys are feeling it.

In other news being out of college is equally bad. Real world responsibilities are ugh.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Something I was thinking about earlier today:

Mogwai, Swift and Zoso helped me to seed the brackets on Sunday, and everything went pretty well. 1-8 was seeded skill-wise for singles, and then we moved people around based on region after that.

Still, some matches came up in the second and third rounds that I didn't want, with Mass players having to play each other pretty early. To any Mass players reading this, I apologize for that, but it's kind of hard to look at the bracket and be able to predict who's going to play who out into the third round, especially on the loser's side. No johns, just saying.

At some point, when I have a Saturday off (which will probably be never again :(), I would like to organize a bigger tournament. What I noticed Sunday was that while seeding 1-8 wasn't too bad, it pretty much fell apart after that. I suppose it doesn't really matter when it comes to results, as 1-2-3 finished exactly how we seeded them. But for the individual players, it can make a big difference if you're seeded 15th, 18th or 21st in a 32-man bracket.

So I was thinking about that and the discussion we had a few weeks ago about pools, and came up with this idea: There would be two rounds of pools. The first round would be seeded randomly, but it would not be an elimination round. It would be used entirely to determine seeds for the second round of pools, which would be for elimination. From there, the top finishers would be placed in a 32 or 64 man bracket, depending on the number of entrants.

I think this would solve the problem of seeding the mid and low-level players. There were people there on Sunday I'd never met before, and I couldn't make any judgment as to where they should be seeded, and someone like Sky or Hero shouldn't have to play Hax, Eggm or Jman simply because I'd never heard of them. There were only 25 entrants on Sunday, and I can see that problem getting much bigger with more people. Randomly seeding the first round of pools gives everyone a fair chance to improve their seed, or as fair of a chance you can get from a random number generator. Yeah, it might result in some super-hard or super-easy pools, but that's why the second round exists; a top player will still make it out of their pool if they're seeded low, and a poor player won't make it out just because they're seeded first.

Having the pools set up this way will allow us to have data that says, "This person should be here," without the subjectivity of past reputation, or the problem of having no reputation. Thoughts? This just came to me as I was heading to school, so if there are any glaring errors of logic on my part, please point them out.

pockyD

Smash Legend
college was awesome, finals were cake. the only thing better about the real world is GETTIN' PAID

don't seed 15th, 18th, whatever; that level of micromanaging only ensures that people will face the same matchups every tournament they go to

whether someone got 13th or they got 17th is pretty irrelevant, so it's really a wasted effort to ensure that those placings are accurate

'Ejo'

Smash Rookie
I live in that big fat state Other Name: Larx
A creepy old guy just called me on my cell and the conversation went like this:

me: Hello
Old fart: why hello
me: can i help you?
old fart: I don't know, it depends on if you want to take off all your clothes and hop in bed with me.
me: umm...no thanks.
old fart: well it was a worth of a try
me:okay...bye?
old fart: i'm looking for my brother.
me: you have the wrong number
old fart: WELLL I AM SOO SORRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS

THE END

Top Bottom