• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
We miss you Budai.......Did you retire? :-/
No he didn't. He's just workin' hard making the paper.

Also, WPI's IMGD courses are too good. So many ****ing awesome guests and industry connections. I would be surprised if I DIDN'T have a job after I graduate.

My IQP or something is going to be making a legit sequel to a game my professor made 10 years ago or so for LucasArts, and if he likes it he'll call Mr.Lucas and ask to have it published or some****. It'll be too good.
-DD

S l o X

Smash Champion
Watched parts 1-3 of Milo & Otis and its win. I feel bad for people growing up in the 2000's, all they have is Spongebob etc...

Q: Are there any good TV shows to get into during the weekdays? SOA's season is done. Heroes is on Mondays and thats all I watch.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
We miss you Budai.......Did you retire? :-/
No he didn't. He's just workin' hard making the paper.
No I didn't retire quite yet... it's basically what DD said. I'm working full time, going to school part time and trying to juggle my girlfriend and other things at the same time. I miss you guys too! Haven't played melee in a while now.

Good **** with your classes DD, keep up the good work so someday I can play your video games!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
That pretty much sums up my clientele at my store in Monroe, GA.
1.6>source

edit: omfg calvin and hobbes wallpapers
http://www.hoyso.com/props/calvin/andhobbes.htm
enjoy :D
Yes.

And

OMMMMG yesssss ***

Is there a real difference between them besides graphics and just using the Source Engine? I haven't played since 1.5 so I probably wouldn't be able to tell the gameplay apart anyway.
From my limited experiences with playing Source compared to my extended experiences with 1.6...I wish I could explain in greater detail [it's been way too long], but the short answer is: Yes.

***FOR FANS OF C&H AND FIGHT CLUB:

::::SPOILER ALERT...LIKE...****ING MASSIVE SPOILER............okay::::

http://metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=29_0_2_0

ancient stuff, pretty sure this is the one I read back then, so good though =D

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
OMG I WANT ONE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMWX--UJZ4

Watched parts 1-3 of Milo & Otis and its win. I feel bad for people growing up in the 2000's, all they have is Spongebob etc...

Q: Are there any good TV shows to get into during the weekdays? SOA's season is done. Heroes is on Mondays and thats all I watch.
a lot of sitcoms are winding down now I think? towards the end of the fall season. watch nbc on thursdays.

also I cried at homeward bound, speaking of talking animals.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
also I cried at homeward bound, speaking of talking animals.
glad to know i am not the only one. when sassy fell down the waterfall...when chance got hit by the porcupine...when the old dog made it up the hill at the end...:(

kiwiii

Smash Lord
*crickets chirping* ?

well we think it's pretty amazing LOL :(

lil u have to give me piggyback rides again :D.. even tho im not on crutches anymore haha

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why is that 90% of lil's posts look like her avatar could be saying them?

haha but aww yay =D

also, DD ---

<3<3<3 8bit stuff!!!

Have you seen Reformat The Planet?

*prepares to ***** out his brother again*

EDIT: HOLY ****ING SHIIIIIT DD THAT VIDEO WAS CRAZY!!!

:D I KNOW! That video almost makes we wish I did drugs, just to see what it would be like to watch that video on them.
-DD

kiwiii

Smash Lord
:( .... MEW?

hay don hate wen i jus speek duh TROOF! shiet!
... dont be scared to show a little bit of your feminine side, cog :)! LOL

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Bad News: I'm a professional choke artist at Melee :(

Good News: I'm pretty good at Melee aside from the Bad News

*sigh*
I was literally almost depressed at how bad I played in our MM and then the game after I beat you. FAIL. Oh, and I had a three stock lead on Hero and then lost the match. THAT is the essence of tragedy. Then again, he had a three stock lead on me and I almost came back and beat him on last stock. If I beat him I would have played you in tournament. Errrrr.

If you could upload all of our games that would be cool. I dont have many new vids of my Marth up.....No rush though, whenever.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yes, I suppose losing a 3 stock lead to hero is more the essence of tragedy than me killing myself for my first stock of game 3 vs. swift, only to run it back on him, have him jump off the stage and then completely whiff the edgeguard and then get baired and lose.

To be clear, I'm not saying your not a choke artist, I'm just saying, I've been doing it day in and day out for every other weekend since I moved to CT. You still have a ways to go before you're on Mogwai's level of choking :bee:

Seriously though, I have never been so excited about Melee as I am right now. Despite blowing under pressure, I feel like I'm playing on a much different level than I have been for a long time.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
:( .... MEW?

hay don hate wen i jus speek duh TROOF! shiet!
... dont be scared to show a little bit of your feminine side, cog :)! LOL
We're a pretty snobby thread.
yeah I mean we have standards you know we don't just let any asian in no matter what.
oh who am I kidding

I too am feeling energized about playing Melee (against computers in my basement by myself). Can't wait until the new Mass Madnesses start.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
for the record, the saddest movie ever is either dancer in the dark or waking the dead. homeward bound is happy (spoilers).

stop it I'm going to cry at work
I couldn't feel sad about Dancer in the Dark because towards the end, it just seemed like bad things were randomly happened. There was more than one point in the movie where things could have logically turned out all right, but then the story forced it down a bad path. The ending just felt really contrived.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think I'm getting so much better at Melee though. I'm more so happy than I am upset.

Yesterday was my best tournament EVER. I NEVER won a single tournament set in MY LIFE and then I do AMAZING VS Eggm and won two sets and played my heart out in losers. I guess all this practice with Noodles, Vintage, and Bolt has really helped my creativity with setups/combos, and edge guard options. I just wish I could throw Swift/Trademark/Mike $ into that as well.

I've learned a couple of things about playing Melee yesterday.

Being a Marth main is actually not a bad option. Honestly, how many people REALLY play Marth anymore? I feel like the entire community is either Fox, Falco, Falcon, or Jiggs nowadays. (and some peaches) People aren't exactly as used to his Bullcrap. I rarely play Marths anymore.

Playing one REALLY good person is not going to get you better as fast as playing multiple people will. You have to see different styles, how certain people react to situations, etc. After playing G Money, Mattdotzeb, Banks, and then Eggm I saw sooooo many differences in each of their Foxs and Falcos. Eggm is absolutely ******** with shine oos, G Money is combo all over the place, Banks is all about speed, and dotzeb is all about camping you hard and baiting you to make a mistake.

I think Cactus was right with his philosophy on how to get good in melee

you need a scrub
someone your level
and someone much better than you.

I also think that taking a break from this game is a great idea too. Sometimes when people play for too long consistently it starts messing with their head and they think too much. That's just me though...

Off to take my final. peaceeeee.

PS-Yesterday was my favorite tournament ever. Everyone was really cool/friendly, it was ran perfectly, and I played better than I ever have despite my big choke. That's jsut Marth dittos for you though. Gay. Hero even said to me after our set, "that was gay." lol

Top Bottom