• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
No fighting game should be rated E, people wont look at this game being sweet if there is little fighting action in this game, melee proved that over the first smash bros.
Not exactly. There were brand new fundamentals brought into Melee. If you'd pick wavedashing, airdodging, etc. into 64, it's be great. Almost on the same level...

Anyway, yeah, it'll be rated T. I mean, come on. It's Snake.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
it was a misunderstanding people read my post wrong. Look above yours for what i mean. Nintendo is hosting a tourny so we will be able to see starter characters and more info. Im so excited 55 days left till Brawl comes out! and yeah Shattered Blade is out, wgwolverine.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Ohh, I didn't know you preferred that! I was afraid to do so only because I dunno if there are other frequent posters named Andy that would misinterpret my usage of your name. If you prefer Andy to rAt for all intents and purposes, I'll be more than happy to oblige. :)

You make a valid point. We are currently operating under the assumption that all of the characters revealed on the DOJO thus far--save Snake and possibly Meta Knight--are on the default roster. I can certainly see how having to unlock these characters would kill some of the excitement that naturally comes with unlocking a secret character.

So, essentially, you are temptation--or at least your brain is. :chuckle:
I'm okay with either, but it always surprises me to see my real name on the boards. It's just such a good name that it's shocking. Seriously, though either is just peachy by me. On an unrelated note, I only recently discovered that the term is "all intents and purposes." That's right, for twenty-two years I was saying "all intensive purposes." :dizzy:

Anyhow, as long as we get many many secret characters to unlock, I suppose I'll be fine in the long run. Also, I consider myself a temptation, but mainly only to women. Unfortunately, they don't agree.

1) I'll continue calling you The rAt. It's how I've always known and loved you.
2) I agree. Making so many secret characters to unlock does take a bit of the excitement out of unlocking them. However, now we won't know when to expect somebody new so it could still be exciting.
3) Why wouldn't the Subspace Emisary(Adventure Mode) roster be reflective of the Multiplayer roster?

Lol, I didn't realize an accomplished linguist such as yourself had difficulty with math. :dizzy: My bad. And don't worry, at the risk of maintaining my current status among the Doominators I shall refrain from taking advantage of any previously mentioned weaknesses. Or at least the ones I can remember. ^^
1) As long as you don't call me Sucksley McSucksatlife, it's all good in my book.
2) True, it is suspensful right now. Like I said above, so long as there are plenty of secret characters to discover when the game comes out, I'll be just fine.
3) I was responding to Fawriel's idea that there would be a default Multiplayer roster, by contrast to unlocking every character except Mario/Kirby in Subspace Emissary, which wouldn't make sense in my oppinion, because then you'd have to unlock all Secret characters twice (once for use in MP, once for SE).

I think part of the math thing is just that I haven't taken any real math courses since high school. For my B.A., I had to take a few statistical analysis courses (which were mainly computer oriented, and the math didn't really stick well in my head) and a logic course, and that was pretty much it, so I'm more than a little rusty. I tried to help my brother with 9th grade algebra the other day, and I felt like a total dunce. :cool:

I'm not sure. =/

Ever known someone who had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much PokeLove? It makes you appreciate the PokeHate.
Preach it.

And now for something completely different ( props to those of you who know what that's from); Sonic.

Initial thoughts? :scared:

I have to say that I'm surprised at how little celebrating is going on here. Personally, I've been waiting for the day I can grind Sonic's smug face into the dirt using Mario since I was about seven. Or conversely to knock that plumber on his *** using the blue blur. I changed camps a lot. Point is, this is the one and only 3rd party character announcement which makes me a very happy camper. Very happy indeed.

Fawriel

Smash Master
What, no 10 new pages? The action must be going on somewhere else.

Needless to say, I am NOT joining. This is one of those times where an old man like me must know what's good for him and just talk to his old buddies about stuff in the pub.
The pub being here, the buddies being you.

So, every discovery and important piece of speculation goes here, where it won't be covered in a speed of 20p/s.

That said, let's go.

1. Today is a funny day. Yesterday I was sort-of-thrown out of my current course at university due to the simple fact that it turns out not be at all what I want, and now I wake up late, get a nice PM, check the update, expect nothing special, find none, decide to check the Japanese site; Sonic. Maybe fate likes me after all.
2. Most important observation by far: There will be more songs with lyrics. OHMYGAWD
3. Actual important observation: Zelda seems to have a new attack. Which looks suspiciously like a b move to me, HUH, SHEIK. *nudgewinknudgenudge*
4. Lucas really does seem to act differently from Ness............... my doubts are crumbling slowly. Still doesn't mean too much, though....
5. Squirtle is SO COOL.
6. Lots of new taunts, it seems. o_o; Dancing, anyone?
7. Sonic's American voice is as corny as can be expected from him.
8. Sonic music is so bad, it's good.
9. Despite my former position regarding him, I can't help liking him even though he's going to be the next Captain Falcon.
10. Live and learn, my friend, live and learn indeed. Oh, and: Retro SFX! ^_^

Looks like I'll have to actually love Sonic simply due to my superstitions.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
Peach looked totally different in early development stages than she does now. But obviously Nintendo wasn't too amused about it, so the Smash team had to change her looks. Therefore, she was announced rather late.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Peach looked totally different in early development stages than she does now. But obviously Nintendo wasn't too amused about it, so the Smash team had to change her looks. Therefore, she was announced rather late.
Way to be off topic

Anyway heres how it went for me, I woke up, turned on my computer, went to Dojo and saw It loading WARING! CALLENGER APPORCHING!, I was thinking rather, King DeDeDe, Vaati, or Krystal.
I scrolled down a little bit to see half the logo, I thought it was th Animal Crossing logo so I thought 'OMG Tom Nook' then I scrolled down, and got the same reaction as most people did.

Repryx

Smash Champion
~omg My Technical Skill Returns Sonic Dyce Join Hands With Me As We Skip With Glee~

BTW LIVE AND LEARN!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Double Post 4 sonic!!! WHILE YOU CAN HARDLY SWALLOW lolz Super Sonic as Final smash!

TheLivingJohn

Smash Rookie
Sonic for Brawl

I cannot believe they put Sonic in Smash. What were they thinking? It is kinda cool but Knuckles would of been a better choice.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
And now for something completely different ( props to those of you who know what that's from); Sonic.
Monty Python! :grin:

What, no 10 new pages? The action must be going on somewhere else.

Needless to say, I am NOT joining. This is one of those times where an old man like me must know what's good for him and just talk to his old buddies about stuff in the pub.
The pub being here, the buddies being you.

So, every discovery and important piece of speculation goes here, where it won't be covered in a speed of 20p/s.

That said, let's go.

1. Today is a funny day. Yesterday I was sort-of-thrown out of my current course at university due to the simple fact that it turns out not be at all what I want, and now I wake up late, get a nice PM, check the update, expect nothing special, find none, decide to check the Japanese site; Sonic. Maybe fate likes me after all.
2. Most important observation by far: There will be more songs with lyrics. OHMYGAWD
3. Actual important observation: Zelda seems to have a new attack. Which looks suspiciously like a b move to me, HUH, SHEIK. *nudgewinknudgenudge*
4. Lucas really does seem to act differently from Ness............... my doubts are crumbling slowly. Still doesn't mean too much, though....
5. Squirtle is SO COOL.
6. Lots of new taunts, it seems. o_o; Dancing, anyone?
8. Sonic music is so bad, it's good.
9. Despite my former position regarding him, I can't help liking him even though he's going to be the next Captain Falcon.
10. Live and learn, my friend, live and learn indeed. Oh, and: Retro SFX! ^_^

Looks like I'll have to actually love Sonic simply due to my superstitions.
1) I'm so sorry! I got your IM after you had signed off. :ohwell: We'll talk later.
2) Haha, it really doesn't bother me, though. I loved "Ashley's Theme".
3) It's very possible. Whatever the fairy serves as, it looks cool.
4) They didn't show Lucas enough, ****it! At least we saw ONE special move....
5) Agreed.
6) :laugh: I love Peach!
7) As if it could be any other way.
8) Agreed.
9) No, because: 1) his knees aren't strong enough, and 2) he can't **** people like the Captain. When CF asks if you've "got a little Captain in you", he means it in the most literal sense. ;)
10) Haha, Genesis throwbacks are a nice touch.

Zjiin

Smash Master
After the unvailing of Sonic, i have to say i have 0% ideas of who's returning from melee and who they might add. I'm going to stop trying to predict who's gonna be in and just let the dojo take care of me, lol.

Fawriel

Smash Master
anyone else think he looks like he could be simlar to falcon?
9) No, because: 1) his knees aren't strong enough, and 2) he can't **** people like the Captain. When CF asks if you've "got a little Captain in you", he means it in the most literal sense. ;)
In fact, I was probably the first to say it.
We can only wait to see what Sonic's recovery, weight and damage/knockback-capabilities are exactly, but until then, yes. Sonic seems like a n00b-raper without any obvious weaknesses.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
It's the same actor that did his voice in the Sonic anime.

All the new pokemon have the voice of their anime counterparts.

I'm so happy Nintendo is doing this.

If Knuckles is in the game, that means his Yami-Yugi voice will also be in the game. YEEHAW! If Knuckles taunt is "it's time to duel", even though it'll make no sense, I'll be a very happy player.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I saw it and I was so excited, I just knew somewhere, Dyce was shedding tears of joy.
Amongst the other excrements that left my body (like those of which that come out your pants), yes, I was in fact crying tears of joy.

I'm walkin' on suuuuunshiiiiine! Whoa-oh-ah-oh! And don't it feel good! Hey! {nahnahnah-nahnah-nahnah-nahnah-nahnahnahnah} Hey!

~omg My Technical Skill Returns Sonic Dyce Join Hands With Me As We Skip With Glee~

BTW LIVE AND LEARN!
CAN F**CKING DO, PAL! WHATEVER GOD(S) EXIST(S) AND SAKURAI HAVE SMILED ON US TODAY!

@ Jb254 No its the Sonic adventure two voice
I really hope so. Drummond is so much better than that other guy on the cartoon. EXCEPT for Jaleel White, he's a top-notch Sonic voice. I would have much rather had him. ;)

And I've been looking at Lucas in the trailer... he doesn't seem to do much, so there isn't much given away as to whether or not he's taking Ness' place. Unless that woobly blob-thing coming out of his head is PKFlash... I still don't think he will.

Also, I'm going to assume that all of those 'taunt' looking things will be victory animations.
Victory dances on the field-o'-battle FTW!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic has been confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!! woot!!!!

I'm sure Dyce REALLY liked this update:)

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
This update filled me with joy.

It would be perfect if they would add one or two additional fighters from Sonic's games, like Knuckles, Tails and/or Shadow, but I doubt it.

Now the only new Brawlers I'd like to see that are left are Ridley, Midna, Ganondorf and Mewtwo.

I also hope we will soon see news about the (obviously) new Metroid stage which is Norfair or Magmoor.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sonic in brawl, thats the 2nd best update ill ever see!( next to Luigi's reconfirmation if they have a update like that plus 2 clips. WOOT!

DruDru

Smash Rookie
I think it's really cool that they're adding sonic. But at the same time, I think it's gonna be a character with very few weaknesses (Cpt Falcon.) His speed will be overwhelming (probably the fastest in the game) and from the looks of the preview, his moves seem to combo very, very easily. I expect a lot of people to Noob it up with Sonic.
Despite all his obvious unfair advantages, it's friggen sweet that he's in the game. I hope he's somewhat nerfed, and that my assumptions are at least a little off.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Sonic knows how to make an entrance, that video was friggin' awesome! It got me from disliking the idea of him in brawl to loving it....

And Nintendo Conference Fall 2007 Movie was so sweet, as it show'd off new taunts and/or poses.

But I'm a little afraid, being a kirby player I'm a bit skeptical about metaknight since he seems to have most of the advantages of kirby,(Jumps; Flat CC maybe?) minus some disadvantages. (Like the "Double edge" factor where my weapon (feet) can be hit.) Where Metaknights sword will probably just parry.

At the begining of it Metaknight did over 30% to kirby with one Side-b.... And it didn't seem to have any visable disadvantage.... Am I wrong to fear this?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic has been confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot!! woot!!!!

I'm sure Dyce REALLY liked this update:)
GigaKoopa... I f**king loved it.

And Nintendo Conference Fall 2007 Movie was so sweet, as it show'd off new taunts and/or poses.

But I'm a little afraid, being a kirby player I'm a bit skeptical about metaknight since he seems to have most of the advantages of kirby,(Jumps; Flat CC maybe?) minus some disadvantages. (Like the "Double edge" factor where my weapon (feet) can be hit.) Where Metaknights sword will probably just parry.

At the begining of it Metaknight did over 30% to kirby with one Side-b.... And it didn't seem to have any visable disadvantage.... Am I wrong to fear this?
1) I don't think those are new taunts. To me, they look like victory poses. Probably this time around the end-o'-battle screen won't take place on some random infinite plane, but rather on the stage where it's fought. Though, I could see multiple taunts per character, I just don't see it necessary. All that taunt memory could be used for something much more worthwhile, like another character or a few more ATs.

2) I see what you mean, but if Sakurai did this right then Kirby will be back to his old SSB64 self, and MK will have some bad cooldown at the end of some of his better attacks. Look how Meta slowed down significantly towards the end of that 30% attack you were talking about. I'm willing to bet that it's a sick attack, but if it misses it will leave MK wide open. Also, it probably won't have that great of knockback so MK will probably have to save that move for later on when he doesn't leave himself vulnerable.

Things look good so far. Very nicely done.
And did anyone notice how far Fox's fB launched him on the Bridge of Eldin? Nasty. I'm scared for Falco... but actually, I've already found my main today so I'm good. :chuckle:

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
I think sonic is going to be a awsome entrance to the smash series since they wanted him to appear in melee but couldnt get the chance to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom