• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I still stand by the theory that Mewtwo will enter the fray as PT's FS.
I might be pissed if they limit our Mewtwo playtime strictly to PT's FS. I really don't see myself playing as PT that often and I doubt we'll be seeing much of him in tournament play. Mewtwo does deserve to be godly enough to be used in an AT, but he also deserves his own slot more. Maybe if PT were able to use Mewtwo for the remainder of the match after the FS was activated I would be alright with that idea, but I would really rather Mewtwo be buffed and return on his own. I would love to see what Mewtwo's FS will be. (Jedi Mind Tricks?)

Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned this here, but I will NOT accept Lucario as PT's FS. Even if he ends up staying with you for the remainder of the match post-FS I won't be happy. He's one Pokemon character who could easily have his own slot and actually deserves one.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
WTF is a fairy toilet?!
it's innuendo. ;)

Yeah, whenever anyone on these forums hear the words "Smash" and "Brawl" in the same sentence, reality is temporarily compromised.

We'll just keep saying how much we want certain stuff until we get it, then we'll keep going on about how much we're so glad we got it. And if we never do we'll go on for eternity about how the whole world is stacked against us.

And once brawl finally comes out we'll be going on about how great it is, our stategies, pics, videos, etc. for years until another Smash Bros. is announced.

Hence, the cycle of life.

....I think...

I will now attempt to be on topic... Pit can fly.....that's cool......

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Charizard will be able to fly... Those wings better not be just for show.

Hey, my Pit comment appeared to ammount to something! Awesome!

Anyway, I think it'd be kind of lame if charzard can't fly. If anything, he should have a really high second jump where he flaps his wings and gets a major boost. Maybe his up special could be a second wing flap that damages anyone he hits on the way up.

BTW Super Glenn I finished another chapter if you care.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey, my Pit comment appeared to ammount to something! Awesome!

Anyway, I think it'd be kind of lame if charzard can't fly. If anything, he should have a really high second jump where he flaps his wings and gets a major boost. Maybe his up special could be a second wing flap that damages anyone he hits on the way up.
Just tryin' to help out around here. I'm just a SWF denizen doing his part.

But yea, that's probably how he will be able to "jump", through wing flaps. I would like to see an update showing at least one of each Pokemon's special moves. And I'm having trouble seeing Ivysaur doing... well... just about anything that would involve thumbs! Shooting a gun, climbing ladders, ledge grabbing... I imagine to see vines as a major part of how Ivysaur does most things.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Just tryin' to help out around here. I'm just a SWF denizen doing his part.

But yea, that's probably how he will be able to "jump", through wing flaps. I would like to see an update showing at least one of each Pokemon's special moves. And I'm having trouble seeing Ivysaur doing... well... just about anything that would involve thumbs! Shooting a gun, climbing ladders, ledge grabbing... I imagine to see vines as a major part of how Ivysaur does most things.

Yeah, honestly, I thinke we're all wondering a bit what Ivysaur is going to do. chances are he'll grab ledges with his mouth, or maybe even a vine whip grab thing. I see most of his physical "A" attacks being headbutts, flips, or vine whips. Not sure how he'd shoot a gun though, since just holding it with vines would be kinda cheesy. Special attack will probably be stuff like razor leaf, tackle (like pickachu's headbutt in melee), dunno what his up attack could be. Just some guesses

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Collectable stickers. Wow. Be still my beating heart. I feel like I just got hit in the eyes with stupid.

Mr. Sakurai said, "I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers."

Melee collectable trophies were a collection element added to Melee. Given that Mr. Sakurai describes stickers as "a new collection element" and not "the new collection element", I'm inclined to say that he hasn't ditched trophies entirely. What I could truthfully look forward to is this: starter Assist Trophies. As you collect ATs in adventure mode, your pool of characters the game "randomy" chooses between increases proportionately (Necessary word?).

Also, since he says players can take screenshots and transform them into stickers, will we see the introduction of custom avatars in Brawl?
Good point regarding the inclusion of trophies. I never thought about the AT's that way, but it makes total sense, and having to unlock AT's would add quite a bit of depth. I wonder how that would work for online play (assuming we get online play) though? Can I only use AT's my opponent has unlocked?

Custom avatars would be nice, but I don't expect it.

Did I completely miss this person? I think I did.
Me too. For once I'm glad I don't come here as often as some others.

Honestly, I have to say this update is up there with "You must recover!" Sure, Sakurai may give us some interesting things to do with stickers, but this update didn't tell us anything about them. So even if the stickers turn out to be cool (and I'm not holding my breath), that really doesn't make this update any better.
And just for the record, Sakurai (or his translator) is totally abusing his ellipses? I mean... it seems as though he is substituting them for commas... or random pauses... or when he know he's stating the obvious... or when he's just bored... It's really... obnoxious... really...

Regarding the Pokes, I'm really curious if the transition is going to be instantaneous, or if there will be a split second of empty space. Because if is the latter, it seems like one could use it like a midair dodge. Okay, so that's a little off topic, but people keep saying what I was thinking before I even get here so I make no appologies. Except occasionally about making no appologies. And then sometimes for the times when I make no appologies about making no appologies. But I digress.

EDIT: I also appologized for accidentally killing my neighbor's cat once. It was a cat, so it should have been on purpose.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Yeah, rAT, you didn't miss much. From what I can tell on these forums, we exhaust ourselves within the first few hours after the new update on smashbros.com, then we just ramble all night long.
Well, that means I have less to catch up on the next time, right?

On a completely different note, has anyone else been unable to edit posts? For some reason, I just randomly can't do that anymore.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Well, that means I have less to catch up on the next time, right?

On a completely different note, has anyone else been unable to edit posts? For some reason, I just randomly can't do that anymore.
Yeah, that happens to me, but only when I'm trying to edit posts that I have chapters of my story in in the Fan Fiction Forum. I always just assumed because they were longer than a usual post or something. But even in those, if I click "Go Advanced" and edit it in there it works for some reason.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
The rambling is sometimes worth a few pages. Someone (n00bs) bring up arguments that have already been argued and every one flames them or there are little questions like this one...

Would Charizard fly or raise up a little if he'd use Wing Attack for ^B?
Well, I don't know whether or not I made this clear before but my idea was just that he'd do a wing flap that'd boost him up and damage anyone who got in his way. I doubt that Charizard is going to actually fly with his up special.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
well my first thought was like his Pokeball in Melee, but i doubt that. it might not be like Bowser's, he could probably blow fire balls as projectiles. Ivysaur is what i really want to be surprised with, the things got four legs and throws leaves, vines, powder things, and a beam that powers off of the sun. Squirtle, well he has a pretty good moveset in the Anti-Lucario thread...

The rAt

Smash Ace
Overall, I think today's update is lame...

But still, interesting to see that ZSSamus was able to do something we originally needed a throwing move for (Samus' Grapple Beam, Link's Hookshot...).

Maybe Ivysaur has something similar...
Yeah, I think my problem with it is that it isn't anything new. Link and Y.Link could do it in Melee. They just extended it to Zamus.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...oops. I totally missed that "up special move" line. I've gotta consider the option of actually eating breakfast and waking up before posting about these updates.

So, like, guys!

You must recover!

And Ivysaur will have something similar indeed... kekeke.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Hey, we all knew that a How to Play was overdue. And the fact that he even considers this a "how to play" means that a bunch of other characters will do it too. And yes, ivysaur wijll be doing something simialar for his up B move too. I mean, what other possible move could he even do? Wonder why they changed these gind of moves from grabs to up B attacks. What does this mean for characters like Link and Samus (suited)?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hey, we all knew that a How to Play was overdue. And the fact that he even considers this a "how to play" means that a bunch of other characters will do it too. And yes, ivysaur wijll be doing something simialar for his up B move too. I mean, what other possible move could he even do? Wonder why they changed these gind of moves from grabs to up B attacks. What does this mean for characters like Link and Samus (suited)?
It means nothing except that the concept of latching onto ledges is no longer exclusive to mid-air extended grabs.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wait, I know what it means; Zamus clone!
Kidding. Totally kidding.
I can't begin to imagine how long ago this happened, but WAAAY back when, there was some discussion about what Snake's upB recovery move would be. I suggested a grappling hook which he could launch at many angles and pull himself to the stage, jumping if he didn't reach the ledge. Sounds far more plausable now than it did back then.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Zamus' up+b dissapoints me a bit. I found hookshots to be very easy to counter or punish. The fact that this may be her only option of recovery is dissapointing.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Zamus' up+b dissapoints me a bit. I found hookshots to be very easy to counter or punish. The fact that this may be her only option of recovery is dissapointing.
But maybe it works differently than the hookshots we know. Maybe she doesn't have to hit the wall at the exact right point, like we had to when using Link's hookshot or suited Samus' Grappling Beam.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm not completely convinced that today's update (Tether Beam...thing) is Zamus's Up B. There's absolutely nothing that they say that would hint that.

No, scratch that. They say 'up special move' which would definitely DEFINITELY make it her up B. Does that just mean she's got a gimp *** recovery?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Not necessarily. It could bump her up a bit kinda like or maybe more than Mario's forward B. She might swing it like a grappling hook and be able to grab the stage in front of her (it does seem to be pretty long) and be able to grab with any part of the whip. Not to mention we don't know if any of her other special moves could be used to aid recovery.

Then again...her being the result of using, what seems to be, an overpowered Final Smash could mean they're treating her like a single Ice Climber and made her slightly weaker than the average character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It MIGHT mean that, although we don't know whether she has any side-b or anything that would gain her some distance, nor do we know exactly about her fall-speed or second jump............

But ****, think about the distance she gets with that up-b, which is an ATTACK.
That puts Marth to shame! o_o

EDIT: Wait. It IS an attack, isn't it? Looks a lot like her whip to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom