• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It's not a quartet, it's a...a...d@mn it, what is the word?

Try the first half again? I'm confused.
"A story about somebody being eaten might be intriguing to some." is basically what I said. I do, however, decicively prefer the original verion of that sentence.

See, Aeris agreed with my 'discontinuity statement' for a reason - there is truth to be found there. Level with me, you just wanted to hear me say it. XD

I thought the word was a sestet.

Remember: the teacher never picks on the students he/she dislikes. That's an adage, for those of you playing along at home. A "proverb", if you will. :psycho:

And really, it just looked to me as though Fox were standing on slightly angled ground, creating the illusion of "floating Fox".
Hahah, the word you're looking for is "sextet".
"Floating Fox?" I'll take your word for it. Doing so is FAR easier than thinking for myself. ^^

You may very well be correct, fellow grammar freak, as to the conjugation of that word.

Maybe I'll make that my sig.

If there's a version of Mario that has a hammer, it'll be paper mario...and I'll then pee myself.
If Paper Mario is in Brawl...well, let's just say I won't be able to wear these underwear ever again. :laugh:

You siggified a quote from yourself? I...don't know what to say.
n00b
Jp.

Dyce?

What's wrong with you?

Don't worry, I'll still be your friend. I just wanna know why you're so weird.
Of all the people who frequent this place, you call Dyce out as being the "weird" one? *Hope for success of the human species plummets.*

PS: We need a Dec 3rd online tournament lol.
Oh, don't worry. Nobody wants to learn how the game is played first. Where's the fun in that? :p

Seriously, I'd wana play just to meet all the smashers, but I wouldn't want an official tournament so close to the release date. So that is a "yes", I would partake.

"Enter The Fray!; A New Beginning"
Sounds comparably exciting to LoS: NB! (For those of you wondering, I liked the game, that statement was not sarcastic by any means.)

So, any guesses as to what tonight's update will bring?

(I haven't visited this thread in about 15 pages....meaning, a day, tops.)
Uurgh, I'm empathetic.

For the update, I'm gonna go with Music. Hearing a nice Super Mario Sunshine boss fight remix would be awesome!

^^^
Music.
Which is what I was planning to say even before reading your post. "Great" minds think alike.

Also, welcome back, Chief!

i think everyone sees it weird...
Not me.

Aww Cmon Who Doesnt ike stickers? What if you could put em on the characters...
Mr. Sakurai said, "I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers."

Melee collectable trophies were a collection element added to Melee. Given that Mr. Sakurai describes stickers as "a new collection element" and not "the new collection element", I'm inclined to say that he hasn't ditched trophies entirely. What I could truthfully look forward to is this: starter Assist Trophies. As you collect ATs in adventure mode, your pool of characters the game "randomy" chooses between increases proportionately (Necessary word?).

Also, since he says players can take screenshots and transform them into stickers, will we see the introduction of custom avatars in Brawl?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
"A story about somebody being eaten might be intriguing to some." is basically what I said. I do, however, decicively prefer the original verion of that sentence.

See, Aeris agreed with my 'discontinuity statement' for a reason - there is truth to be found there. Level with me, you just wanted to hear me say it. XD

I thought the word was a sestet.

Remember: the teacher never picks on the students he/she dislikes. That's an adage, for those of you playing along at home. A "proverb", if you will. :psycho:

"Floating Fox?" I'll take your word for it. Doing so is FAR easier than thinking for myself. ^^

You may very well be correct, fellow grammar freak, as to the conjugation of that word.

If Paper Mario is in Brawl...well, let's just say I won't be able to wear these underwear ever again. :laugh:

You siggified a quote from yourself? I...don't know what to say.
n00b
Jp.

Of all the people who frequent this place, you call Dyce out as being the "weird" one? *Hope for success of the human species plummets.*

Oh, don't worry. Nobody wants to learn how the game is played first. Where's the fun in that? :p

Seriously, I'd wana play just to meet all the smashers, but I wouldn't want an official tournament so close to the release date. So that is a "yes", I would partake.

Sounds comparably exciting to LoS: NB! (For those of you wondering, I liked the game, that statement was not sarcastic by any means.)

Uurgh, I'm empathetic.

For the update, I'm gonna go with Music. Hearing a nice Super Mario Sunshine boss fight remix would be awesome!

Which is what I was planning to say even before reading your post. "Great" minds think alike.

Also, welcome back, Chief!

Not me.

Mr. Sakurai said, "I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game—stickers."

Melee collectable trophies were a collection element added to Melee. Given that Mr. Sakurai describes stickers as "a new collection element" and not "the new collection element", I'm inclined to say that he hasn't ditched trophies entirely. What I could truthfully look forward to is this: starter Assist Trophies. As you collect ATs in adventure mode, your pool of characters the game "randomy" chooses between increases proportionately (Necessary word?).

Also, since he says players can take screenshots and transform them into stickers, will we see the introduction of custom avatars in Brawl?

I can't respond to all of that, only the two things:

Yes, I did. 'Cause I'm an egotistical little b@$t@rd!

If Paper Mario appears in Brawl, this outfit (and this chair) will be unusable even by the Toilet Fairy.

Crap, am I the only one with a Toilet Fairy?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Was a pun intended there? :p

Hey if they had Mr. Game & Watch, what's to stop another 2d character from showing up? Oops, that's right, this is CONFIRMED character discussion sorry :(
No, actually. You mean "Crap, am I the only one with a Toilet Fairy?"? No, no pun intended.

My thoughts exactly (except for the Confirmed Character Discussion bit...)

Does anyone know where this original article is?
Yeah...one that doesn't give us an "Error 404" message?

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, being on topic is for losers anyway.

And, of course, guess what I'm going to do now... :p

I'm pretty impressed with the lineup we have so far for Brawl. All of the 14 "officially" confirmed characters look like they'll be fun to play. Being about three and a half months out from release, I'm surprised that these many characters have already been confirmed to be honest.

Yeah, yeah.... I'm sure at least 276 other people have posted....posts....identical to this one. So sue me.

P.S. Please don't sue me.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Probably anything there is...Dude, just ignore him, you KNOW he's gonna get banned.
YA i reported him as soon as i saw the pic, man he must be fricken ubsessed with the gay stuff if he was willing to put it on sites, i wonder where else he has bean.

anyway, whoever was the one who posted this, it is very siprizing that 14 characters have bean released, maybe there will be a lot more characters than we thought, (50, or 60 even.)
it would be awsome that technology has gotten this far since 1980 (kind of official start for nintendo.) maybe vertual reality will be next, i would love to be in yoshi's your luigi's skin.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones Super Glenn. I can't believe I actually sat here and watched it in it's entirety.

Anywayyy... do you suppose that any of the stickers we've seen contain newcoming characters that we havn't been informed of yet? Sakurai IS a sneaky little devil afterall.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Kudos to the mods, I know forums where this stuff apparently takes several days to be deleted...

it would be awsome that technology has gotten this far since 1980 (kind of official start for nintendo.) maybe vertual reality will be next, i would love to be in yoshi's your luigi's skin.
Heehee, yeah that would be cool ^^ But there's still a long way to go (although the idea itself isn't very new)

I'm still astonished that they put PT in the game...I mean, I was one of those who laughed at the mere idea. PWNED by Nintendo...again ^^;

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I can't respond to all of that, only the two things:

Yes, I did. 'Cause I'm an egotistical little b@$t@rd!

If Paper Mario appears in Brawl, this outfit (and this chair) will be unusable even by the Toilet Fairy.

Crap, am I the only one with a Toilet Fairy?
In order;

XD Then cut out the stuff you don't have a response for. I kinda HAD to post so much due to my absence.

Appearantly. ^^

Chair? What are you on man?!
And where did you buy it?

You know the rule, tell about the potty fairy and the winged vermin disappear forevah!

Does anyone know where this original article is?
You mean the one in which Mr. Sakurai said the Melee 26 would not all return?

Well I'm sure his ultimate goal was to waste away our lives talking about how effing dumb he is, so maybe we should just try to ignore him.
Did I completely miss this person? I think I did.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Kudos to the mods, I know forums where this stuff apparently takes several days to be deleted...

I'm still astonished that they put PT in the game...I mean, I was one of those who laughed at the mere idea. PWNED by Nintendo...again ^^;
yeah, thank got I got here to late to see that crap, so at first I didn't even know what you were talking about about first.

Those mods have reflexes of....well....professional video gamers lol.

Yeah, people have been saying stuff like this for a whole 3 days now (in internet time, that's a very long time BTW), that if PT is a character, the next character could be anyone. Kind of exciting. :chuckle:

EDIT: and yes, it appears you missed him too, Ryhme. Sounds like you and I are the lucky ones here.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones Super Glenn. I can't believe I actually sat here and watched it in it's entirety.

Anywayyy... do you suppose that any of the stickers we've seen contain newcoming characters that we havn't been informed of yet? Sakurai IS a sneaky little devil afterall.
i cant believe i saw the whole thing either. its hard to ignore a huge Star Fox yaoi thing. im glad hes banned.

so anywayz....i dont think ive seen any stickers of of any kind. actually imma go look now. if i dont see anything, someone kindly point something out please :)

EDIT: oh, i see that they took it off. (thnk goodness)

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman

actualy, i have bean bored for like 3 hours, and i refresh this page like every three minutes, i saw it the moment he released it, and reported him before i replied, god i need a new set of eye's.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman

Heehee, yeah that would be cool ^^ But there's still a long way to go (although the idea itself isn't very new)

well, no, it's already here, just in very, very bad grafics, and it cost like 3 million dollars. if this is a double post, sorry.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Those mods have reflexes of....well....professional video gamers lol.

EDIT: and yes, it appears you missed him too, Ryhme. Sounds like you and I are the lucky ones here.
They probably are gamers, not gonna lie. Why else would they moderate this site?

Not necessarily. Some people, such as myself, like to experience ALMOST anything once. I would have liked to see what that supposed ******* poster said before he was banned. At the very least I could properly mock him alongside the rest of you.

i cant believe i saw the whole thing either. its hard to ignore a huge Star Fox yaoi thing.
The fact that you knew what it was called just raises further questions. Do you have a personal interest? Perhaps a friend who has indulged a time or two?

P.S. I agree with everyone, with this latest character announcement, the next character really can't be second-guessed anymore.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
They probably are gamers, not gonna lie. Why else would they moderate this site?

Not necessarily. Some people, such as myself, like to experience ALMOST anything once. I would have liked to see what that supposed ******* poster said before he was banned. At the very least I could properly mock him alongside the rest of you.
you would not want to see this "thing" that that loser put on, i will never sleep again.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well Uh Im Glad I missed it then...Spacies should not be in acts that are....Non Spacie Like....

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well Uh Im Glad I missed it then...Spacies should not be in acts that are....Non Spacie Like....
Perhaps space animals are inherently space perverts? :laugh: No offense meant to...um...those others among us.

Lol yeah that's pretty much what I meant by the joke. Man it seems all of these long running threads are getting more and more off topic. Guess thats just what happens...

So.... what else can be said about the confirmed characters then?
I figured.

Well, I would like to say that there's eighteen officially confirmed playable characters for Brawl thusfar, not all of which will be starters. Just my POV on the "issue" since I noticed there's been some uneasiness on the boards lately.

EDIT:
you would not want to see this "thing" that that loser put on, i will never sleep again.
Not trying to get in-your-face about it but, in your eyes, I've probably seen MUCH worse than you have.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Armagopalypse;2741113So.... what else can be said about the confirmed characters then?[/QUOTE said:
Well...

Link: I'd like to see him use a move he didn't have before. What would you say if they replaced the boomerang with, say, the Spinner from TP?

Mario: Since Mario is here, I hope that Luigi will still make it. Still, his 'Kamehameha' fireball is pretty sweet...

Kirby: I can't wait to see which special move he'll be able to copy from Meta Knight.

Meta Knight: I can't wait to see which special moves he'll have!

Donkey Kong: I hope there will be another, non-scrolling DK stage. Although I like Rumble Falls, I'd like to fight in a DK stage that's not that hectic.

Samus: Still nothing about HER stage, eh? Well, at least we know how to change to ZeroSuit...

Fox: What should I say? New look, similar moves... and he's a furry! I like furries! :)

Pit: The second-coolest of them all! The first time I saw how they allowed this bow-wielder to fight with a close-range weapon, I couldn't stop smiling.

Pokemon Trainer: The coolest of them all, in my opinion! Can't wait to make a vs battle between two trainers, with nothing but Pokeballs as items...

Zelda: I wonder, I wonder... whatever could be her Final Smash? And, will she still be able to turn into Shiek? And if not, what will her DownB move be?

Ike: Can't say too much about this guy. He looks cool. And his Aether move looks even cooler!

Wario: His moves in the trailers are so crazy!! Maybe his Final Smash will be a bigger version if his Wario Waft?

Or maybe not...

Yoshi: Nice to see that they updated his looks. Although, we still don't know to what extent his UpB move has been changed... I would like to play as a purple Yoshi this time around, though.

Bowser: Giga Bowser FTW! I hope that came out right. FTW means 'for the win', right? Okay, just in case: Giga Bowser rules!!!

Snake: I simply can't say anything about him until we know more. Still, I'd like to have a music update some time where we'll here the music from his stage.

Pikachu: My all-time favorite from both SSB and SSBM. His Volt Tackle looks nice, although I fear that his even cuter little Pichu sidekick will be dropped... But hey, if he got exchanged for the Pokemon Trainer, I'm not complaining! :grin:

Mewtwo... Oh, right, not confirmed yet! Pity...

...but I do hope that they will give him a new, better moveset this time around. Ganondorf, too!

Well, I think that was all of them? Um, was that sufficient?

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Bravo, an in depth... on topic reply.

And I doubt Mewtwo will be back for this game, so don't worry. I never really liked or hated him, but I have a feeling he'll be back anyway.

and if Wario's regular fart powers are that massive, I'd hate to see what happens when he digests a smash ball...

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
hey i know this is going to sound stupid but, how do you start a thread, i looked everywhere.

synthetickensai

Smash Rookie
Dunno, there are a lot of pokemon perfect for that. Or mabye one of the un-evolved pokemon evolves, Blastoise Hydro Cannon Infinite Death attack!!! FWOOM Or mabye its just like the legendary dogs from the pokeballs in Melee, massive pwnage on a massive scale.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
hey i know this is going to sound stupid but, how do you start a thread, i looked everywhere.

When your looking at the forum, there should be a button on top to create a thread in the same place where the reply button is when you're looking at a thread.

As for the FS I'm going to guess that a flurry of different pokemon come rushing through and own like nothing else, kind of like unknown in Melee, except that they obviously won't be unknown.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
n00b! Just kidding. Armagopalypse got it right.
You bet I did fool!

Man do you notice how much this forum (meaning Brawl Character Forum) has gone to the dogs? Now we're all just spamming about how much we want so and so in, if even that.

And do you also notice how I'm contributing to the problem in as many threads as possible?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
true...everything only seems to happen when characters, ATs, or stages are updates. ah, well wut can u expect? there are so many things that could be in Brawl, if all the good things were out at the same time, thered be nothing to talk about the next 4 months. wow, i actually thought about that now while typing it. now i think Sakurai is actually doing us a favor (and hes mindgaming us XD)

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
When your looking at the forum, there should be a button on top to create a thread in the same place where the reply button is when you're looking at a thread.

As for the FS I'm going to guess that a flurry of different pokemon come rushing through and own like nothing else, kind of like unknown in Melee, except that they obviously won't be unknown.
G, thanks, by the way i read your story and responded, just thought i would let you know.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
You bet I did fool!

Man do you notice how much this forum (meaning Brawl Character Forum) has gone to the dogs? Now we're all just spamming about how much we want so and so in, if even that.

And do you also notice how I'm contributing to the problem in as many threads as possible?
Yeah, that's true. We need to stop!

Hey, did I mention that I want Paper Mario? And Wolf Link! And Sonic!

true...everything only seems to happen when characters, ATs, or stages are updates. ah, well wut can u expect? there are so many things that could be in Brawl, if all the good things were out at the same time, thered be nothing to talk about the next 4 months. wow, i actually thought about that now while typing it. now i think Sakurai is actually doing us a favor (and hes mindgaming us XD)
Yes, very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom