• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
There's one thing I've been thinking about... You all know about the Ridley Battle Music on the Brawl homepage, right?

Well, in Melee, several stages had an alternate, second background music in addition to the normal one. I could imagine that a certain Metroid level in Brawl has some other music as its main song, but has Ridley's song as its second theme. Perhaps such a level is the place where Ridley might be fought in one of the 1-Player modes... could be, right?

Note that what I just said doesn't decrease his chances to appear as a playable character at all.

Sensai

Smash Master
Incredible...this thread has been on the same page for quite a few hours now! Incredible!

Devas, it didn't even occur to me that they might be treating her like a lone Ice Climber. Given, I don't think they are, but it's definitely food for thought.

Zamus's Up B just seems to be like hitting grab in the air with Samus or Link. It just...I dunno. Seems like something that is too situational for it to be a true, blue Up B.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm kind of hoping that maybe this time around Yoshi will be able to use his tongue to latch onto the edge. I know they're giving his uB some jump range this time around as well, but a latch on (or "tether recovery") wouldn't hurt either. IMO, I feel there just hasn't been enough love for the little guy. Maybe a cute face is what he needs to get a little respect in the Smash Universe.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
^^i like that idea. but would it be his grab attack? since that's how it worked with samus and link in melee..

EDIT: yes, i think it would make alot of sense if it were to be his grab attack. i hope they do this, it would be great:)

Tau

Smash Apprentice
i also think that i would be cool if he could angle it up or down just like samus can in melee.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Well, technically you could only do that through a glitch (or a cheat... however it made its way into the game). But yea, like if Yoshi could turn his head while he whipped his tongue out like he could do in Yoshi Story.

P.S.- I love that game.
You guys are right, yoshi needs a lot of love for the ssbb universe, so do you think his up b egg through be dropped, i was thinking of something like the tonge grab you guys have been talking about, but it would make more since if you could shot his tonge out at a player and latch on to him, thus pulling him back to safty.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
is Yoshi's tongue really that long?!..but yea yoshi's egg roll will return, and as for his upB, I believe he will get more jumping distance, but i'm nout sure how high he wil jump when just using jump, but yea, I'm liking the idea of Yoshi grabbing on to a player and going towards them, as for his egg roll i'm still not sure as well, but my guess is that maybe he'll be in a stance like when he wavedashes when doing his egg roll, or maybe some other kind of new technique might be revealed about this

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Wow! That would be sick too!

Imagine Yoshi and a character flying off the edge at the same time, Yoshi is out farther. Both are trying to recover, and right when the other character thinks they have Yoshi beat, Yoshi tongues them mid-air and spits them out behind him! This wouldn't necessarily help Yoshi recover, but it would be so funny and piss people off. Yoshi has so much untapped potential. He really needs a big buff this game just to show him that we all care and think that he's just fantastic!

WE <3 YOSHI ! ! !

OmegaXXII

yea, that would definetly be cool so I could piss people off just when they think they stocked me (so priceless), I'm just hoping Sakurai will put more effort into Yoshi this time around

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Yoshi's toungue would be about as rangey as YLinks hookshot but he wouldn't hang. Instead, he'd pull himself to the wall and sling there with his hands, feet and toungue, ready to pounce up. And instead of just "jumping" upwards, he'd actually attack with a headbut!

Air grabs would be great. I'm thinking his plain B will poop them out downwards instead of up and back. Like a meteor throw but you're stuck in an egg! The toungue should be DI'd too!

His UpB might give him some "air sliding" like Bowser when he drifts slightly before slamming! Then as he throws the egg, he hops a little, (distance of a dodge and a half) and he'd have no lag after the throw so he could grab the edge at the peak of the hop OR...he doesn't hop but he slides and can use it unlimitedly...helps like Samus's DownB would but he throws eggs at the edge guarder in the process. That would be enough.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Why doesn't he...If everyone was more VERSITILE, than yes! Everyone should have been elaborated on.
You can do a hundred different things with each character...even the one's who have seemingly obvious MS's.

Link - Bomb Arrows: shoot arrow while holding a bomb.

Mario - Dive: While dashing, press forward B and he dives like he would to slide on water instead of the cape, throwing people in the air like an extended but slow recovering DashA.

Link - Tether shot: Already has hookshot to ledges after dodge. Yoshi's could be B and DI'd but not as far and attack-from positioned. Or it could be just like a grab, but same effects and no DI.

Mario - Dodge Kick: After a dodge, Mario can kick just like his kick in the Standard A combo but in mid air. Dodge behind them and kick them in the back lol. I'd love that!

Link - Forward to Down Smash conversion: After performing a FSmash (which is now like ssb64's) can press down and follows through with the back swing of his DownSmash.

Mario: Back throw change: After grabbing and throwing back, can press the other direction (forward) mid-spin and throws them Foward instead.

Just a few gimmicks that would be cool or are examples of unique gimmicks in melee to cross over and grow on. Almost like alternatives that only semi-advanced or actual long term smash players will figure out.

Semi-Advanced Techniques FTW!

Edit: Yoshi has a new >B btw...Wario has taken that move so Yoshi could have something else...BUT WHAT???

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, honestly, I thinke we're all wondering a bit what Ivysaur is going to do. chances are he'll grab ledges with his mouth, or maybe even a vine whip grab thing. I see most of his physical "A" attacks being headbutts, flips, or vine whips. Not sure how he'd shoot a gun though, since just holding it with vines would be kinda cheesy. Special attack will probably be stuff like razor leaf, tackle (like pickachu's headbutt in melee), dunno what his up attack could be. Just some guesses
Honestly I could see Ivysaur have smash attacks and grabs with his vines along with his recovery move. I would like to see a charge up solar beam as the B move or the Final Smash. I also wouldn't mind if Ivysaur has some sort of stun spore for his B move. I could also see razor leaf as the side B.

For Charizard, I could picture his down grab as a flying piledriver. Sort of like Kirby's up grab. Maybe he could have that fire human looking move for a side B. A fast fire attack that moves to the side. I'm also imagining his up-b as charizard pulling in his wings, and spinning upward like a screw, similar to fox, but not as long and no charge.

For Squirtle, I'm guessing something like a bubble for the B move. Slow moving bubbles that spread out and disrupt anyone that touches it. It could be really good for edge guarding. An up-B could be he gets inside his shell and shoot a water gun out vertically, horizontally, or a mix to get back. The shell will cause damage as well as the water for those under or to the side of him. His taunt could be him striking a pose after putting on his shades. I'm not sure about the side-B but I like making up moves!

Btw, my first post, so my main character is peach. Just getting it out there.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
And I too am wondering whether or not each individual Pokemon will have a FS, or if only one has a FS and you need to change to that Pokemon (probably Charizard if anyone), or if his FS will be a totally different Pokemon (which is what I'm hoping for personally).
The actual Pokemon Trainer needs to get in on the Final Smash...whatever that entails. I at least hope we don't see three FSs for each Pokemon. It just seems a bit unfair to have three whole options available, doesn't it?

Just as long as the actual person I'm playing as does something besides sit uselessly in the background.

And I just had a thought. If he sits in the background...what's he going to do on stages like Rainbow Cruise and Big Blue? It'd be pretty neat if he followed along with his team of Pokemon...but I don't think every stage would easily allow for that.

And Dyce, if the PT's FS is indeed some other Pokemon...which one would it be?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Good morning - checks watch - "?"
lol jk
Seriously though,

We've gone over these moves alot...they're all around page...I donno
Good MS though, it's "basically" what has been decided as closest bet...Charizards down throw would be...oh, I forget the actual name but there's a move he has that's really just a piledriver but yeah...there's an actual name in the Poke world!

Squirtles >B is totally a skull-bash re-mix

Yoshi situation...I'm hoping his Foward B doesn't SUCK! and isn't so easy to counter. I don't use it often, it's good sometimes but it's just a joke for the most part...when I do use it it's GREAT but now it's that f**up Wario's move.

Wario's gonna be SWEET!!!!

Edit: he can fly on a Pigeotte!

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Well, the strength of the FS of the pokemon could be weakened by the their current stamina. Also, if you don't have all the time to grab a smash ball, and I suspect you won't really have that much time to choose which pokemon you want. I think it would be interesting, and remember! You can only do one per match so you it won't truly matter that much.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dynamism said:
...oh, I forget the actual name but there's a move he has that's really just a piledriver but yeah...
Seismic Toss.

Dynamism said:
Edit: he can fly on a Pigeotte!
Well that Pigeotto had better be **** freakin' buff if it's going to keep up with hovercars going upwards of 1000KM/H.

pyrimadines said:
Well, the strength of the FS of the pokemon could be weakened by the their current stamina. Also, if you don't have all the time to grab a smash ball, and I suspect you won't really have that much time to choose which pokemon you want. I think it would be interesting, and remember! You can only do one per match so you it won't truly matter that much.
If they do have individual FSs, then yeah, I'd hope their stamina would reflect upon it's strength.

But the point is, having 3 FSs in one character is unfair. Imagine if Link could do Samus or Mario's FS instead, just by pressing a button before hand.

OmegaXXII

hmm, would that Pokemon's FS be affected by their Stamina? as for Trainer RED I don't think he would actually be in the FS, I mean what would he do, throw pokeballs? lol...

OmegaXXII

i'm think Ivysaur will have solar beam, charizard will havesome knid of grappling move (seismic toss) and squirtle might have skull bash

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
And Dyce, if the PT's FS is indeed some other Pokemon...which one would it be?
We had discussed this in a thread recently (I forget which one... it actually could have been this one), but if PT's FS is another Pokemon then we'd imagine it to be a legendary from series 1 (considering he's the trainer from FR/LG and he uses series 1 Pokemon). We imagined that, depending on whether or not it makes the cut, a broken or insanely buffed Mewtwo would be PT's 4th Pokemon. Or maybe a big ol' Dragonite that shoots Hyperbeams out of every orifice in its body?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
So Peach finally made it!

I'm glad, although the fact that she still uses Toad as her shield raises the question if that decreases his chance as a Brawler...

Still, there's no need to give up hope, as there are multiple Toads in the Mushroom Kingdom, and the one she's holding could very well be a different one from the one who fights.

Even though I have hoped for Peach to have the Mario Sunshine look, her new dress looks nice enough to make up for it.

soulz

Smash Cadet
peach's d-smash should be modified, but other than that not much should really be changed with her

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about Peach's new design. She looks nice, but she looks a whole lot more frilly o.o She's like a walking doily >.>

Never the less I'm glad to see she's back. One of my favourites ^_^

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Aeris, you're freaking amazing. Two characters in one week??

Like Shritistrang said, this is a bad omen for Toad fans everywhere. Not going to lie, as one who is a bit bothered by the over-Marioization of the Smash Bros. series, I'm pretty okay if he doesn't make it in, but I sympathize with the many respectable Toad fans if this should be the final nail in his Brawl coffin.

Dang, this new costume looks tight. The level of detail is amazing and the heart-shaped hilt of her umbrella is a nice touch. Peach was a consistent tie with Mario for my 3rd choice character (Pika and Falco being my top two). I must say I am looking forward to getting my hands on her again. Er... You know what I meant!

On a side note, is Peach smaller in Brawl, or is Bowser bigger? The comparison looks kind of weird to me in the Toad screenshot.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is semi-confirmed... and Yes they did make Bowser bigger, compare him to Zero Suit Samus or Samus or Mario... hes a lot bigger than he was on Melee. He's probably the size as he was in Adventure Mode when you fight him before Giga Koops..

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is definitely bigger. DK too. I think it's them making an effort to balance the characters. Bowser was always bottom tier so by making him bigger (and probably stronger) it probably helps make him a little better. Also if I'm not mistaken I believe that Sakurai pointed out on an update (the one with Ike's aether) that there were going to be a lot of attacks in this game (specifically for the heavier characters I believe) that would leave the character executing them immune to knockback or stun (damage will still apply). That will more than likely play a huge role in heavy character advancement.

I know it's probably not going to happen but if they could make a completely balanced game that would eliminate the tiers I would be overjoyed.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Also if I'm not mistaken I believe that Sakurai pointed out on an update (the one with Ike's aether) that there were going to be a lot of attacks in this game (specifically for the heavier characters I believe) that would leave the character executing them immune to knockback or stun (damage will still apply). That will more than likely play a huge role in heavy character advancement.
Yes, it seems bigger characters have a better change on being playable at tournie levels. I was happy to hear this info about immune to stun attacks. :)

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
So peach finally made it in today... Guess there will be one less riot the day Brawl comes out. ;)

Yeah, I'm excited about bigger characters not being stunned, too. Maybe now when you play a heavy character you won't be doomed to extinction the moment a quick guy gets a combo going on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom