• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
But it's also great news for Aeris because he just loves Peach so much. Trust me, he's going to be ecstatic when he gets onto the boards.

And yes, it does suck that Toad is still Peach's human shield.

EDIT:
Also, I think this makes up for the "One Character a Week Theory" slip-up from last week. Two characters this week? And one of them a previously unannounced newcomer? Perfect.

And a caps locked KUDOS to those of us who knew Peach would be the next veteran update! Yay us!

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I predict next week's confirmed character to be...

MAGIKARP!!

Heheheh, sorry 'bout that... but seriously, I expect it to be either C.Falcon, Luigi or another Newcomer (if there will be a character update next week).

As for Final Smashes, I would like to see those of Zelda and Pokemon Trainer.

Also, the profiles of Yoshi, Kirby and ZeroSuitSamus are a bit sparse... (Peach as well, but that's expected)

I also wouldn't complain if some new music will be revealed. Maybe a nice Metroid or Fire Emblem Remix...

I'm not too fond of Item Updates... although there have been a few intereting ones. The weird thing is that the only items that don't just have the Smash Bros. emblem are one from Earthbound, and from Animal Crossing...

As for stages: I WANNA SEE A METROID STAGE, ****IT!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

MAGIKARP!!

Heheheh, sorry 'bout that... but seriously, I expect it to be either C.Falcon, Luigi or another Newcomer (if there will be a character update next week).

Also, the profiles of Yoshi, Kirby and ZeroSuitSamus are a bit sparse... (Peach as well, but that's expected)

I also wouldn't complain if some new music will be revealed. Maybe a nice Metroid or Fire Emblem Remix...

I'm not too fond of Item Updates... although there have been a few intereting ones. The weird thing is that the only items that don't just have the Smash Bros. emblem are one from Earthbound, and from Animal Crossing...

We probably will be getting CFalcon as the next veteran. Don't worry about that. Luigi we'll probably have to wait for.

And I'd personally like to see Kirby's FS and why we havn't been given an update on it yet. They've probably been taking it back to the drawing board so many times. (also, I have a theory that maybe Meta Knight and Kirby's FS havn't been updated because Sakurai probably thought he already did update them and just doesn't realize it. haha.)

And yes, I would love to see some FE or Metroid Music; though I'd rather see FE first considering we already have a Metroid song. And yes, a Metroid stage is definitely needed at this point.

And isn't it obvious why there's a Mother emblem and an AC emblem? Because we're getting reps from those series! Notice how Devil and Dr Wright don't have icons? Probably because we won't be getting any other representation from their series. And think: "Why would they think up an icon for Animal Crossing and not one for Devil World? SimCity is understandable because that's from a 3rd Party company, but what does that mean for the Nintendo owned games?"

Answer: Animal Crossing is getting a rep.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris, you're freaking amazing. Two characters in one week??

Like Shritistrang said, this is a bad omen for Toad fans everywhere. Not going to lie, as one who is a bit bothered by the over-Marioization of the Smash Bros. series, I'm pretty okay if he doesn't make it in, but I sympathize with the many respectable Toad fans if this should be the final nail in his Brawl coffin.

Dang, this new costume looks tight. The level of detail is amazing and the heart-shaped hilt of her umbrella is a nice touch. Peach was a consistent tie with Mario for my 3rd choice character (Pika and Falco being my top two). I must say I am looking forward to getting my hands on her again. Er... You know what I meant!

On a side note, is Peach smaller in Brawl, or is Bowser bigger? The comparison looks kind of weird to me in the Toad screenshot.
Well, thank you! I try. And funnily enough, Peach was one of my predictions. There must be some latent mystic powers inside of me....

It is a bad omen, I agree; right now, I'm just rejoicing in the fact that Peach is back and looking better than ever, and that Toad's model is improved from Melee.

I LOVE the new costume. The level of detail is outstanding, just brilliant. I thought her Melee look was impressive, and now it's pale by comparison.

As far as size goes, I think they made Bowser larger. Bowser fans rejoice in a more accurate depiction of King Koopa! :chuckle:

Yay! finally Peach is confirmed, but this is bad news for Aeris because Peach still uses Toad.
:ohwell: It comes as a double-edged sword--or dress, as it were. YAYYY for Peach, sadness for (probably) no Toad.

^^^^
But it's also great news for Aeris because he just loves Peach so much. Trust me, he's going to be ecstatic when he gets onto the boards.

And yes, it does suck that Toad is still Peach's human shield.

EDIT:
Also, I think this makes up for the "One Character a Week Theory" slip-up from last week. Two characters this week? And one of them a previously unannounced newcomer? Perfect.

And a caps locked KUDOS to those of us who knew Peach would be the next veteran update! Yay us!
Ahh, you know me so well! :grin: I was so excited with the Peach thread in Dojo Updates that I was too tired to post over here by the time that I finished.

I'm both sad and pleased that Toad is still Peach's B move. I'm upset that he probably will not be playable, but I'm very happy that Sakurai has not forgotten about my favorite little guy and has given him at least SOME representation.

Haha, we definitely rule. Peach had to be the next vet in line or I would have punched a wall. :laugh:

We probably will be getting CFalcon as the next veteran. Don't worry about that. Luigi we'll probably have to wait for.

And I'd personally like to see Kirby's FS and why we havn't been given an update on it yet. They've probably been taking it back to the drawing board so many times. (also, I have a theory that maybe Meta Knight and Kirby's FS havn't been updated because Sakurai probably thought he already did update them and just doesn't realize it. haha.)

And yes, I would love to see some FE or Metroid Music; though I'd rather see FE first considering we already have a Metroid song. And yes, a Metroid stage is definitely needed at this point.

And isn't it obvious why there's a Mother emblem and an AC emblem? Because we're getting reps from those series! Notice how Devil and Dr Wright don't have icons? Probably because we won't be getting any other representation from their series. And think: "Why would they think up an icon for Animal Crossing and not one for Devil World? SimCity is understandable because that's from a 3rd Party company, but what does that mean for the Nintendo owned games?"

Answer: Animal Crossing is getting a rep.
Agreed about the next vet. CF fans have been teased for ages with that F-Zero icon, so it's about time that they see him in Brawl. Luigi and Jiggs will probably be the returning SSB secrets, so I wouldn't expect to see them for awhile.

Isn't it a bit suspicious that Kirby is the only vet with a FS that we have seen in trailer form but have not yet seen in update form? We won't get MK's FS before the MK update, but I hope that Kirby's FS is the next one that we see--right after Peach's and PT's, that is. :chuckle:

I'm not concerned about Metroid music (we already have some) or FE music (meh). I would really like some Kirby, Pokémon, or Mario music, though. Heck, even MOTHER music would be neat.

And I'm very glad that we can see eye-to-eye on the whole icon debate. AC is definitely getting a rep! I expect him/her to be the next newcomer update.

Sonic80

Smash Rookie
I have a question about metaknight. I have seen everywhere that he is a confirmed character, but no where on smash DOJO! does it say that. It has no profile for him, or moves, all it has is the trailer that he is in. So, Is he a confirmed character?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Not too bad, but it looks too stuffed to be realistic. They'd make the screen much more pleasant on the eyes.

So.
Last post for today.
Good luck to everyone. Have fun discussing stuff without me.
One last thing, though.

Aeris? Will you predict Gardevoir for me? Please? =<

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman

MAGIKARP!!

not true the franklin badge is an item from earthbound, paula gives it to you!!

i hope they put in sonic, although they probobly will not tell everyone because he would be a secret for everyone who wants him in(if that made since) but i hope the next confirm is luigi.

P.S. please read my fan fiction story "the Rebelion" if you would like to see through the eyes of Luigi.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
does n e one here actually believe this link about sonic http://brawlsonic.ytmnd.com/ cuz i dont know what to believe in this link
Sorry for double posting but.........OMG.... good job man, i cant believe you found this, i will never beable to live in my house again.... i think everyone knows what i mean right.... anyway, if they are putting something like this in, sonic is definatly in. period.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not too bad, but it looks too stuffed to be realistic. They'd make the screen much more pleasant on the eyes.

So.
Last post for today.
Good luck to everyone. Have fun discussing stuff without me.
One last thing, though.

Aeris? Will you predict Gardevoir for me? Please? =<
Gardevoir! She was my favorite 3rd gen Pokémon!

I think that, if anyone from the 3rd gen gets in, it will be Gardy. If Mewtwo gets the axe or relegated to PT's FS, Gardy seems like a shoo-in. Either way, I don't expect her to make an appearance on the default roster. :ohwell:

I can predict her anyway, though. Gardevoir update next week! :)

(More likely, however, is either Captain Falcon or Lucas).

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad Peach is back. But what is she doing in the pic with her umbrella? Anyone think its an attack? I think it might be a new taunt, but i guess it could just be her in the middle of putting it away/pulling it out.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm glad Peach is back. But what is she doing in the pic with her umbrella? Anyone think its an attack? I think it might be a new taunt, but i guess it could just be her in the middle of putting it away/pulling it out.

She's getting ready to beat your face in with it. I'd duck if I were you.

Shino, that's a nice character select screen, but it does is remind me of how Sakurai can cram so many characters into this game, but he can't give us names longer than four characters. I mean, it would make some semblance of sense if all of the characters had four letter names, but if they can fit Mr. Game & Watch into that little name box, why the heck can't they fit Evil Sock?

Aeris, I suspected you'd be thrilled with the new Peach, and I agree that Falcon is a good choice for next char, but I have to disagree with the whole Lucas thing. I mean, whether or not Lucas was originally going to be in Melee, there is no way Sakurai could replace Ness in Brawl without infuriating at least double as many people. I just don't see it.
And on a side note, I love the fact that you refer to Gardevoir as a female. Enough with this whole "it" business. It's a male or it's a female, and if folks wanna argue about which one, then okay, but it's still one or the other.

I find it interesting that it's been said that Luigi is the definition of a non-clone (of course, it could have been sarcasm, I guess). Wouldn't the definition of a non-clone be one who has nothing in common with his/her counterpart? Perhaps pseudo-clone would be a better term? After all, while Luigi he does have many distinctions from Mario, he also shares most of his moves with Mario (albeit variations). Clearly he is "Luigified" or made more distinct than the clones, but that doesn't mean he is the definition of autonomy either.

EDIT: ***-**** *****, **** FONTS!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I have to disagree with the whole Lucas thing. I mean, whether or not Lucas was originally going to be in Melee, there is no way Sakurai could replace Ness in Brawl without infuriating at least double as many people. I just don't see it.
Well...if you're talking about double the sales of MOTHER 3 then that'd be about 900,000 people which would be made of:

1. The people in Europe that picked up Ness out of the blue since that game was never released and they didn't know who he was then.
2. The people in the US that did the same since so few people bought the game here.
3. The people in the US that bought EarthBound and wet themselves upon seeing Ness in the SSB of which this number is probably a large chunk.

So...it'd be a bunch of people angry that their main now has a different hair color, no hat, different clothes, and a different name and a small number of people that've been wanting to play as this guy and his game for over a year (this smaller number of people, of course, being actual fans of the actual game).

The rAt

Smash Ace

Well...if you're talking about double the sales of MOTHER 3 then that'd be about 900,000 people which would be made of:

1. The people in Europe that picked up Ness out of the blue since that game was never released and they didn't know who he was then.
2. The people in the US that did the same since so few people bought the game here.
3. The people in the US that bought EarthBound and wet themselves upon seeing Ness in the SSB of which this number is probably a large chunk.

So...it'd be a bunch of people angry that their main now has a different hair color, no hat, different clothes, and a different name and a small number of people that've been wanting to play as this guy and his game for over a year (this smaller number of people, of course, being actual fans of the actual game).

First of all, Devastlian, due to what I assume is sarcasm, what you are trying to communicate in your post is a bit hard to understand. What I think you are saying is that you disagree with my point, and are trying to undercut it with sarcasm. Please, correct me if I'm wrong here, because I don't want to tear into someone who is agreeing with me.

One thing which is clear is that you did not get what I meant by double (which makes perfect sense as I really stumbled in that sentence over how to say what I meant; oh well, live and learn). What I meant by double is that Sakurai would risk the disfavor of at least double as many people by replacing Ness in Brawl as he would have in Melee. Why did I say that? Because prior to the release of Melee, there had been only ONE Smash Bros. game and no one had any idea what a sequel would look like. Hence nobody was safe.
Also, Ness was a starter in Melee. Meaning more people have been playing him from the start, whereas with Smash Bros. 64, a lot of people already had their main characters before they even figured out how to unlock him (not to mention people who never unlocked all of the characters). I stand by my statement, as I would for any character that carried over from Smash Bros. 64 to Melee.

Also, if you believe that strongly about a character's appearance and name, let's just take away Mario's overalls, mustache, hat, and red/blue color scheme and call him Steve and see what we've got. Try it and see how many people want to play as him. Face it, a character's appearance is a huge part of what makes him/her iconic. If that were not the case, then people wouldn't care about putting Lucas in the game, as like you pointed out, it's just a costume/name change.

Just out of curiosity, where are the Japanese fans in all of this? Was that the sales figure you pointed out? That wasn't really clear.

Anyhow, again, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the point you're trying to make is that the fans of Ness in Smash Bros. are less numberous and/or important than fans of Mother 3 who want Lucas in the Smash Bros. series.
First off, I wouldn't say that to any of the Fire Emblem folks out there, because as understand it, Fire Emblem gained popularity in the U.S. as a direct result of people having played its characters in Melee.
Secondly, I don't really get how any of what you said means there are less Ness fans than Lucas fans. After all, if you want to use sales, then you should probably be counting the copies sold of previous games in the Mother series staring Ness, and comparing those numbers. And since people who play Super Smash Bros. or Melee as Ness are "actual fans" and both are an "actual game", I don't see why those people should be discounted. I really don't see how people having played as Ness outside of Smash has anything to do with their wanting to continue playing as him. But even more than that, removing Ness could hurt sales far more than failing to add Lucas. After all, if Ness goes, then concievably so could the prexisting SSB64/Melee Ness players (because they exist). Right now, there are no SSB64/Melee Lucas players to not buy the game, and I'm pretty sure anyone who played Melee without Lucas will (albeit frustratedly in some cases) still play Brawl without him (thus there would be less, if any effect on sales).

That brings me to my point; you can argue until you're blue in the face about why think it would be an intelligent decision to bring Lucas. Heck, I might even agree with you. But that's not what I'm arguing about. I'm arguing with the assertion that Lucas will be added AND Ness removed. The latter being the part which makes absolutely no sense. Because adding Lucas =/= removing Ness. So, if Brawl cannot possible function without the addition of Lucas, then it would be logical to ADD him in Brawl in addition to Ness. That doesn't needlessly anger anyone's fans.

And since Ness has already been in two Smash Bros games, one of which he has already been a starter in, it makes most sense for him to be the starter of the two (assuming they can't both be starters).

I hope that clarifies some of what I had to say, and that I wasn't too confrontational or rude.

On a more on-topic note, anyone else think Peach's umbrella looks considerably smaller in relation to her?

EDIT: Thino, what do you mean by CC? I get the impression that you made a good joke and I missed it
EDIT2: Sorry for the ridiculously long post everyone
EDIT3: Yay, the font/color actually worked right this time! Somebody give me a cookie!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I meant that, to the people that played Ness before playing or still haven't played EarthBound, Ness is little more than his design and moveset and not the star of their favourite childhood RPG from 12 or so years ago. So, Lucas being as identical to Ness as he was in MOTHER 3 in SSBB wouldn't effect them as much. Yes, I do believe that the actual fans of the games that're being represented are way more important in considering characters for SSBB than the fans of the characters just in the realm of SSB. And, what I was trying to display in my previous post was that the majority of these actual fans have played MOTHER 3 (the 466,000 or so people that bought it) compared to the small number (I'm guessing less than 100,000 but that may be a little generous) that bought EarthBound and are active on the internet and the SSB community probably want MOTHER 3.

Of course, I have no idea what the opinion of the people that've played both is and I don't know how much MOTHER 2 sold in Japan (Ness wasn't in the first one) so I don't know how popular Lucas is in relation Ness and I, of course, love Ness and EarthBound so I think having both would be awesome. Having Lucas replace Ness could mean another MOTHER 3 character getting in (or, I guess, that could happen if they both got in) and the popularity of these two characters contribute to MOTHER 3 finally getting localized...which I could accept Ness being sacrificed for.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

She's getting ready to beat your face in with it. I'd duck if I were you.

Aeris, I suspected you'd be thrilled with the new Peach, and I agree that Falcon is a good choice for next char, but I have to disagree with the whole Lucas thing. I mean, whether or not Lucas was originally going to be in Melee, there is no way Sakurai could replace Ness in Brawl without infuriating at least double as many people. I just don't see it.
And on a side note, I love the fact that you refer to Gardevoir as a female. Enough with this whole "it" business. It's a male or it's a female, and if folks wanna argue about which one, then okay, but it's still one or the other.
Of course I was thrilled with the new Peach. This is far and away Peach's best look ever!

The only reason that I suspect Ness is getting the boot and being replaced by Lucas is Sakurai's own implication. He has confirmed that the game will include MOTHER 3 music; more ****ing evidence comes from Sakurai's statement that, had MOTHER 3 been released prior to SSB64 and/or SSBM, Lucas would have replaced Ness. This is possibly due to Sakurai's attachment to this particular installment in the series: he worked on it, after all. Ness was my favorite character in SSB64, and I grew attached to him. I rarely play as him in Melee because he got nerfed so badly--and because I have Peach now--but it would still be a shame to see him leave. I just suspect that Sakurai will finally take advantage of the opportunity and make good his plans of yore.

Haha, I assigned a female gender to Gardevoir because Gallade is always male. Gardevoir can technically be male or female, but: 1) her appearance is more feminine to begin with, and 2) it would make an easier contrast against Gallade. (My Gardevoirs have always been female because I prefer them that way).

never CC a peach
So true, my friend, so true! :laugh:

(Note to rAt: CC stands for "crouch cancel". Crouch canceling Peach's DSmash leads to ridiculous amounts of damage, especially for those pesky Space Animals).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ness =/= Lucas Debate

One thing I'd like to say, mainly because most of you are being overly optimistic, is that the Earthbound series will most likely have but one representative. I get the feeling that the new(ish)-gen game will usher in Mr. Sakurai's more recent creation, unfortunately for Ness. This game is supposed to be a culmination of Nintendo's past success, present accomplishments, and plans for the future, all wrapped up into a best-selling title. If Sakurai's team doesn't go all out on this instalment then they may miss a one and only opprotunity.

Also, not that it will make anyone feel better, didn't Ness and Lucas learn from similar people in their games and perform a majority of the same moves? If you like the unique gameplay then not all hope is lost from seemingly losing a main.

For anyone else who would rather the character over an imposter (Trust me, my obsession with Dark Samus leaves me very empathetic with your Ness plight.) there is still hope. Is not Brawl's most recently announced item, the "Franklin Badge", an item given to the player during Mother 2? (Don't credit me for that one if it's correct, that is somebody else's observation and not mine.) In all likelyhood there wouldn't be an item from a game who's protagonist wasn't among the playable roster.

EDIT: Thino, what do you mean by CC? I get the impression that you made a good joke and I missed it
EDIT2: Sorry for the ridiculously long post everyone
EDIT3: Yay, the font/color actually worked right this time! Somebody give me a cookie!
As Aeris said, "crouch-cancel". It's not even limited to the space animals, characters such as Marth and Samus will suffer 35+ damage if they CC Peach's Dsmash. Oh! the annoying edgeguarding techniques. -cringes visibly-

It's OK, yours are always well thought-out so I don't personally mind at all.

Huzzah! -Hands you a cookie along with a generously filled glass of milk.-

(My Gardevoirs have always been female because I prefer them that way).
That certainly is an interesting personal preference. Is it an aquired taste of sorts?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The Franklin Badge is given to the main characters in all three MOTHER games. That design comes from a promotion where you could get one for buying the strategy guide or encyclopedia for the first game. It was later used as a preorder bonus for the third (actually, the ones offered for this were newer versions with the white background that are identical to the ones being used in SSBB [though they did send out the remaining gold ones from the original contest mixed in with these]).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ness =/= Lucas Debate

One thing I'd like to say, mainly because most of you are being overly optimistic, is that the Earthbound series will most likely have but one representative. I get the feeling that the new(ish)-gen game will usher in Mr. Sakurai's more recent creation, unfortunately for Ness. This game is supposed to be a culmination of Nintendo's past success, present accomplishments, and plans for the future, all wrapped up into a best-selling title. If Sakurai's team doesn't go all out on this instalment then they may miss a one and only opprotunity.

Also, not that it will make anyone feel better, didn't Ness and Lucas learn from similar people in their games and perform a majority of the same moves? If you like the unique gameplay then not all hope is lost from seemingly losing a main.

That certainly is an interesting personal preference. Is it an aquired taste of sorts?
I dunno if it's an acquired taste, per se, or just my own view of Gardevoir. She has a very "feminine" appearance: her hair, her dress, her shape. Likewise, my Alakazams are always male; I just feel odd having a mustachioed female Pokémon. :chuckle: Also, the fact that Gallade is always male alludes to the dichotomy between the two final evolutions of Ralts, Gardevoir as the female and Gallade as the male.

Also, in regard to the Ness/Lucas debate, Lemon Drop posted this link from Starmen.net.

http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

Speculate.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Aeris said:
Also, in regard to the Ness/Lucas debate, Lemon Drop posted this link from Starmen.net.

http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

Speculate.
That makes me extremely happy.

Far be it from me to accept something unofficial, but from the sound of it, this could be true. I really, really hope it is, because Pokey's always been my favorite MOTHER character...and seeing him in Brawl is one of my top ten pipe dreams.

The rAt

Smash Ace
For now I will bow out of the Ness/Lucas debate for three reasons. 1) I have never played a Mother game (and thus, I quite simply haven't done the research to be able to sustain a debate with several individuals who are quite clearly hardcore fans - although this would be different if we were talking Zelda :cool:). 2) It isn't really on-topic until one of the two is confirmed, right? 3) Fullmetal Alchemist is on. And I'm a nerd.

I will say one thing first though, Dev (Can I call you Dev? Too late, I already posted it), and that is that I really think you should give the Smash Bros. fans a bit more credit. Granted not everyone is familiar with Ness as he appears in the Mother series, but we're not talking about whether Lucas should replace him in the Mother series. We're talking about the Smah Bros. series in which people have been playing as him for eight years. That's not something to just shrug off. What's more, in that eight years, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of his SSB64 and Melee fans have gone back to explore his history. A history, which (while I cannot claim this for myself) most gamers my age that I personally know are quite familiar with (although we're all old, so maybe they remember it more fondly because of eroded neurons :cool: All, I know is that I was always the odd man out for not knowing who Ness was).
The truth of the matter is that this and many other issues come down to the central debate in the Smash Bros. series; history vs. currency. G&W vs. Waluigi. Ice Climbers vs. Bowser Jr. (who will always be a cheap rip off of the Koopalings in my book, just for the record). And while I respect your right to disagree with me, I will almost always come down on the side of history, because a lot of what's current are fads which everyone forgets in a few years.

Wow, that was quite a final thought on the topic. Sorry, I've said it once, I'll say it again; I'm longwinded. It is nice that a friendly debate can be had without us getting up in each other's respective grills though.

Aeris and Rhyme, thanks for the clarification on crouch cancelling (and the cookie, chocolate chip is my favorite). I'm terrible with all of the these terms. Also, I almost typed "crotch canceling." Hilarity would have insued. Maybe I should change it back to see what happens?
Anyhow, I do the same thing with Pikachus (M), Geodudes (M), Bellosums (F), ect. I'd say certain Poke's are certainly more feminine or masculine than others. Although, I take the weirdness to a whole new level by naming them after characters from my stories. Makes the names easier to remember when I go back to writing, though. Hopefully, I wont subconsciously start putting Magmars and Mudkips into my stories.

Argh, I am so far from topic it is ridiculous. Um.. er... Mario! Mario is on topic! No? Well, I tried.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, I'm one of those people that went back a few years after SSBM came out to bask in the glory of EarthBound (seriously...play that stuff). Who knows how many people have DLed the ROM to play it now...I do think the people that've actually played the games of origin should take priority in the matter, though...however that would be possible. I don't think MOTHER 3 will fade away any time soon, though, since it's already pretty legendary being the object of envy for the ravenous EarthBound fanbase. I agree about the whole history thing, too, since it was them that got us here and their nostalic value that keeps us. We need more tributes and icons like Mr. G&W and Ness than throw away characters like Waluigi. :/

Anyway, Peach does look rather awesome...as does the Pokemon Trainer. That brings me up to...eighteen potential main characters...<_<

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well, I'm one of those people that went back a few years after SSBM came out to bask in the glory of EarthBound (seriously...play that stuff). Who knows how many people have DLed the ROM to play it now...I do think the people that've actually played the games of origin should take priority in the matter, though...however that would be possible. I don't think MOTHER 3 will fade away any time soon, though, since it's already pretty legendary being the object of envy for the ravenous EarthBound fanbase. I agree about the whole history thing, too, since it was them that got us here and their nostalic value that keeps us. We need more tributes and icons like Mr. G&W and Ness than throw away characters like Waluigi. :/

Anyway, Peach does look rather awesome...as does the Pokemon Trainer. That brings me up to...eighteen potential main characters...<_<
peach looks cool,+toad is at here side wich=no toad in brawl.

the poke trainer is ok,but i do ot like him that much

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I am a big supporter of the SSB64 cast all returning. Ness seems like too much of a classic smash character to get rid of him.

However, I am also a supporter of getting one more Earthbound rep in, and Lucas seems like a pretty good choice, but I'm actually not that picky. Flint or even another Mother 2 character like Paula or Jeff could be fun.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Anything and everything about ytmnd.com is a joke.

For now I will bow out of the Ness/Lucas debate for three reasons. 1) I have never played a Mother game (and thus, I quite simply haven't done the research to be able to sustain a debate with several individuals who are quite clearly hardcore fans - although this would be different if we were talking Zelda :cool:). 2) It isn't really on-topic until one of the two is confirmed, right? 3) Fullmetal Alchemist is on. And I'm a nerd.

Aeris and Rhyme, thanks for the clarification on crouch cancelling (and the cookie, chocolate chip is my favorite). I'm terrible with all of the these terms. Also, I almost typed "crotch canceling." Hilarity would have insued. Maybe I should change it back to see what happens?
Anyhow, I do the same thing with Pikachus (M), Geodudes (M), Bellosums (F), ect. I'd say certain Poke's are certainly more feminine or masculine than others. Although, I take the weirdness to a whole new level by naming them after characters from my stories. Makes the names easier to remember when I go back to writing, though. Hopefully, I wont subconsciously start putting Magmars and Mudkips into my stories.

Argh, I am so far from topic it is ridiculous. Um.. er... Mario! Mario is on topic! No? Well, I tried.
I've actually never played a MOTHER game, either, I just know Sakurai's feelings about Lucas. :chuckle:

Not a problem. The thought of crotch canceling brings to mind Johnny Cage's low blow.

I named my team after Phoenix Wright characters (Alakazam: Von Karma, Gallade: Engarde, Gardevoir: Mia Fey, Lopunny: Ini Miney, Espeon: Acro, Leafeon: Franziska).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom