• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
scav I tough all the character of mele will re-appear on brawl they suppose to add more characters the double suppose to do that but you are the one who post this so I can't juge but well if you say so well is okay then !!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
scav I tough all the character of mele will re-appear on brawl they suppose to add more characters the double suppose to do that but you are the one who post this so I can't juge but well if you say so well is okay then !!
....? WTH? Are you on drugs or something?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
....? WTH? Are you on drugs or something?
I have the feeling that he wants to tell us something, but he really needs to slow down while writing...

...what is it you wanna tell us, LNKD? Did Timmy fall into the well or something?

But seriously, I believe he's one of those who still firmly believe that all Melee characters are going to return. It might still be possible, and it would be nice indeed, but we really have no proof for that.

If he meant to say something else, then I'll just apologize and shut up for now...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't really understand the people who say "All melee characters will return" or "There wont be any more third parties" when Sakurai has already talked about the matter.

(Seriously Pichu?)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
All right, I went to bed last night, and just got the update. (I've been away for a couple of days; sure y'all have noticed...now I'm coming back just to talk about Link's moves, and I'll be on more later, probably.) I must say, I'm pleased with the changes. However...

The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently
I read that, and my curiosity arose...as did my hope. When, however, I scrolled down and saw that he had barely changed, I thought: "This means none of the original eight, or maybe twelve, have changed much; the moves are just tweaked a little."

Now, on to the actual changes:

Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang
I figured that's what it would be. I'm excited to find out that the "gale" part is actually used. It's definitely more interesting than its Melee counterpart, and will probably lead to some new Link strategies. I wonder if it'll follow you all the way back this time, as it is a magic boomerang.

Standard Special Move: Hero's Bow
Well, duh. Of course. What else would it be? My only question is, does it not have to be charged to go farther now?

Down Special Move: Bomb
Of course. They look bigger, which implies more damage.

Up Special Move: Spin Attack
"You can charge up the Spin Attack." Interesting. Does that mean it'll do more damage, or last longer, or both? Does it mean it's the normal Spin Attack, and if you charge it up, it becomes the Great Spin? And what about midair? Can you charge it in midair and it'll take you farther up and over? This attack alone raises so many questions...

Grab: Clawshot
I love that his grab got a place in the Special Moves. Does that mean Samus' will? Anyway...all I can say about that is, sweet! Link aims it for you! Awesome!

Now...you can all guess I'm disappointed about the lack of a wolf transformation. However, I'm not surprised. Now we just have to wait to see if he gets a spot in the game at all.

Now, I have a couple ideas about the bombs...

Bomb Arrows
Pull out a bomb. Then use the arrows. Link will combine the two to make powerful bomb arrows.

Bomberang
Pull out a bomb. Then use the boomerang. Link will put the bomb in the wind of the boomerang to create the bomberang, which will a) explode on contact with something, or b) drop the bomb there on the ground when the boomerang goes as far as it can.

That's all I have for now. Anyway, I'll be on later (probably), so see you later!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
If a veteran: Captain Falcon, Ness
If a newcomer: Lucas, AC Rep
If it is a veteran, I'm saying yes, it will be Captain Falcon. But we probably won't get Ness for a while.

I would make a prediction about who the next newcomer might be but after PT, I'm totally gun-shy as to giving it any thought. It's obvious to me now that Sakurai and I share little brainwave connection... so I'm not even going to try.

I'm really curious about whether or not Peach will get a Special Moves update...
... And I doubt that even if we do get a Peach Special Moves update it won't be as heavy as Link's. These updates for veterans seem to be strictly for moves that have changed and Link has had a pretty much total revamp since Melee. And as for Peach and most of the other characters, I think they'll probably be getting a basic 2 move update. The only acceptions I see would be Zelda, Bowser, and maybe Yoshi.

Bomb Arrows
Pull out a bomb. Then use the arrows. Link will combine the two to make powerful bomb arrows.

Bomberang
Pull out a bomb. Then use the boomerang. Link will put the bomb in the wind of the boomerang to create the bomberang, which will a) explode on contact with something, or b) drop the bomb there on the ground when the boomerang goes as far as it can.
Bomb Arrows is a good idea (my idea too), but Bomberang is a bit much; though a pseudo-bomberang was in TP. Maybe Link will be able to pull bombs (along with other items) towards him? And you might also be able to mess people up who are trying to recover in front of you! Link just keeps getting better and better! I just wuv him so much!

EDIT:
Also, sucks for you and your "Wolf Link as a dB" dream twilight_hero. Don't think any less of me while I laugh at you and say: TOLD YA SO!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Do any of you think that since link's clawshot aims for you now and that since tether recoveries got their own update, that maybe characters with a tether recovery will have 'worse' jumps? Do you think using the clawshot will be more or less an important part about recovery as opposed to melee?

What do you guys think?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Do any of you think that since link's clawshot aims for you now and that since tether recoveries got their own update, that maybe characters with a tether recovery will have 'worse' jumps? Do you think using the clawshot will be more or less an important part about recovery as opposed to melee?

What do you guys think?
I don't think it will make that much of a difference--or at least not enough of one to alter his jumping. The clawshot adds no length and will, in fact, miss the ledge if one is not close enough to it when performing the recovery. Think of tether recoveries as "extra insurance".

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This update wasn't really necessary... it's all the same thing except the Gale Boomerang.
And the Spin attack has been modified.

As has the Clawshot (with the auto-lock).

I'd say that was all worth mentioning. :ohwell:

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Megaman would be freakin sweet...it's too bad that even if he were going to be in the game, we would have to wait til WAY later to find out. 3rd party characters are more than likely going to be secret characters...oh well here' hoping.

In any case I hope the next character update is on Metaknight or the Capt.

Sensai

Smash Master
If/when Megaman is confirmed, I'm personally inviting everyone to this thread to visit me in my dorm and I'll play all the Megaman music I know on guitar.

I bring entertainment, you bring booze. And Smash.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Bomb Arrows is a good idea (my idea too), but Bomberang is a bit much; though a pseudo-bomberang was in TP. Maybe Link will be able to pull bombs (along with other items) towards him? And you might also be able to mess people up who are trying to recover in front of you! Link just keeps getting better and better! I just wuv him so much!

EDIT:
Also, sucks for you and your "Wolf Link as a dB" dream twilight_hero. Don't think any less of me while I laugh at you and say: TOLD YA SO!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
I like the Bomberang idea, and the "pull things" idea of yours. And don't worry about laughing in my face. If that had been his dB, this is exactly what I was going to post:

"Hah, Dyce! In your face!
...although I didn't actually expect that to happen...
But still! IN YOUR FACE, DYCE!"

What do you guys think?
You may be right about the aiming for opponents thing; however, about the jump thing:

I doubt it. Besides, Link...wasn't the best jumper in the game anyway. I doubt they'll make it worse than it already was. And, like someone said (didn't read who), if he misses, he fails. I just hope he's faster.

This update wasn't really necessary... it's all the same thing except the Gale Boomerang.
I hate you and you fail at life.

Just kidding, but you are wrong.

(1) The boomerang has changed.
(2) The Spin Attack has changed.
(3) The bombs are bigger.
(4) Sakurai specifically stated that the Hero's Bow is fast. Either that means no charging, or it's speedy, like an actual bow.
(5) He has the Clawshot instead of the Hookshot, and it aims for the edge.

All in all...Link has changed quite a bit...and I like what I see.

IC's FTW lol

I hope, anywho...
I'm not a big fan of Megaman but I sure love Link's modifications!!!

Those little tweeks are exactly what I'm looking forward to! YES!
You fail at life. (About ICs.)

You also fail at life about Megaman. Megaman for Brawl!

But your opinions about Link have let you win at life. You get two Life Points for every good thing about you...so you really haven't changed from my last opinion. (ICs+Megaman=-2; +Link=+2, so: your total is the same.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I like the Bomberang idea, and the "pull things" idea of yours. And don't worry about laughing in my face. If that had been his dB, this is exactly what I was going to post:

"Hah, Dyce! In your face!
...although I didn't actually expect that to happen...
But still! IN YOUR FACE, DYCE!"

You may be right about the aiming for opponents thing; however, about the jump thing:

I doubt it. Besides, Link...wasn't the best jumper in the game anyway. I doubt they'll make it worse than it already was. And, like someone said (didn't read who), if he misses, he fails. I just hope he's faster.

I hate you and you fail at life.

Just kidding, but you are wrong.

(1) The boomerang has changed.
(2) The Spin Attack has changed.
(3) The bombs are bigger.
(4) Sakurai specifically stated that the Hero's Bow is fast. Either that means no charging, or it's speedy, like an actual bow.
(5) He has the Clawshot instead of the Hookshot, and it aims for the edge.

All in all...Link has changed quite a bit...and I like what I see.

You fail at life. (About ICs.)

You also fail at life about Megaman. Megaman for Brawl!

But your opinions about Link have let you win at life. You get two Life Points for every good thing about you...so you really haven't changed from my last opinion. (ICs+Megaman=-2; +Link=+2, so: your total is the same.

Did I show you the Video On why you should Hate Link? The Ganon knows best and Super SMash Murder?

BTW if link gets an alternate outfit I know what itll be!!!

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
If/when Megaman is confirmed, I'm personally inviting everyone to this thread to visit me in my dorm and I'll play all the Megaman music I know on guitar.

I bring entertainment, you bring booze. And Smash.
How very convenient. For some odd reason I am always lacking in entertainment yet seem to have a regular surplus of booze:chuckle:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No one will look forward to playing as Petey. Petey confirmed means the end of the universe--or at least that Sakurai has lost his faculties.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
No one will look forward to playing as Petey. Petey confirmed means the end of the universe--or at least that Sakurai has lost his faculties.
Whoa...that's kinda harsh:laugh:
I don't know if it'll be that bad but I gotta say...I will be fairly upset if Bowser or DK aren't the biggest characters. I mean Petey has to be only a boss character. You can't have someone be that freakin huge. Kirby next to him was like tiny pichu vs. giant ganondorf in melee--just a little to big I think.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
I mean Petey has to be only a boss character. You can't have someone be that freakin huge. Kirby next to him was like tiny pichu vs. giant ganondorf in melee--just a little to big I think.
Snicker... that reminded me of something. Anyone played Metroid Prime: Echoes? And you remember that huge robot boss?

Compared to him, even Petey Piranha isn't that big. Wouldn't it be fun to play a fighter as huge as him?

That's right... QUADRAXIS FOR BRAWL!!!

Just kidding! ;)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I hope McFox updates Petey as Semi-confirmed

THINK GUYS
Was Boswer not enlarged at the final boss of a certain mode in melee???

You mean he can shrink characters?!?

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I don't really understand the people who say "All melee characters will return" or "There wont be any more third parties" when Sakurai has already talked about the matter.

(Seriously Pichu?)
well pichu is the one f**k fox in the edge a lot I know that that have horrible fighting skill is a character to have with it play or you only play with the pro character only !!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Whoa...that's kinda harsh:laugh:
I don't know if it'll be that bad but I gotta say...I will be fairly upset if Bowser or DK aren't the biggest characters.
Bowser is the biggest character:

Sakurai said:
The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!
;)

THINK GUYS
Yes, and he became practically a different character which is now only his Final Smash in Brawl.

You suggesting we should make him permanently Puny Petey?

No character has ever actually shrunk in the game without a mini-mushroom. Yes, character's can be made smaller for Smash than they are in their own games, but if Sakurai wanted to do that, then why is Petey so huge in the trailer?

I'm almost positive Petey isn't playable. Not only do I not like him, but in this case, the "He's too big!" argument actually holds some water.

thehowielife

Smash Cadet
Some of you may have not noticed this, But Sonic is confirmed! If you go to the Smash Brothers website and go to the update where they add the Subspace or whatever it is called look for a picture with Zero Suit Samus standing in a room with T.V.s in it that look to the right. There will be a blue T.V. with Sonics face in it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Some of you may have not noticed this, But Sonic is confirmed! If you go to the Smash Brothers website and go to the update where they add the Subspace or whatever it is called look for a picture with Zero Suit Samus standing in a room with T.V.s in it that look to the right. There will be a blue T.V. with Sonics face in it.
That was proven false the day that rumor came out (weeks ago).

And has been proven false about 90347239807 more times since then.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Did I show you the Video On why you should Hate Link? The Ganon knows best and Super SMash Murder?

BTW if link gets an alternate outfit I know what itll be!!!
I've learned not to blindly follow links that are posted on this site. ;)

The Subspace Emissary turns out to get better and better.

Does that mean we can look forward to play as R.O.B. and Petey Piranha?

Or will Petey just be a boss character?
I would love for R.O.B to be playable; however, I think they're both just NPCs.

Wow, Aeris, that's harsh. Although I am inclined to agree somewhat.

THINK GUYS

PP won't be a PC. He's not semi-confirmed. He hasn't been enlarged, he was always that big (I think). And he's not going to put a random boss in from a Mario game, even if he is a popular one.

No....... the thing that my friend tell me that all the character will re-appear to brawl but every characters will have diferent attack that it won't exist clones on SSBB
well pichu is the one f**k fox in the edge a lot I know that that have horrible fighting skill is a character to have with it play or you only play with the pro character only !!!
First of all, double-post. Second, do you know anything about grammar or punctuation?

lol R.O.Bs and Petey looks viscious(sp?)
Yes, they do. And it's vicious.

I love this update with my nuts so much! lol jk
Seriously though, I don't think PP is a PC
I have to erase this post from my memory.
You're right though. PP is NPC.

D@mn n00bs...

Look. Sonic is not confirmed, or you'd know. You'd know because a) he would be on the Dojo, where ALL CONFIRMED INFORMATION GOES, or b) this site would be alive with chatter and would swell until it or our computers exploded. Sonic is NOT confirmed, Wolf Link does NOT appear as of yet, and your momma does NOT eat bananas. Clear? Good. Now stop spreading stupid rumors and have a good day.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
To say my own opinion about Petey, I think he's funny and I like it that he's in Brawl.

I wouldn't like it if he would be made a playable character and Ridley not, but if both made it, I would be especially happy.

Either way, I don't have anything against him. He's a funny character in my opinion, and I seriously can't see why so many people hate him so much.

Some may argue that we have enough Mario characters in the game, but I don't think this is a solid argument. After all, if they can add more Mario characters, they can also add more Zelda/Metroid/Starfox/Kirby/Pokemon characters, right?

By the way, I don't think those are diapers Petey is wearing. Heck, before I saw someone mention it, I didn't even believe them to be clothes at all, just a different-colored waist.

And as long as it is paint he barfs out and not even more disgusting stuff, it's fine with me!

So, final conclusion: I don't mind if he's either a playable character, a boss or something else, I would only be a bit disappointed if he makes it and other characters like Ridley don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom