• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I hope not but it reminded me of how disappointed I was when I saw Wario's Brawl appearance for the first time. Why did he half to have his Warioware outfit? It just strips away all his background.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i wasnt really disappointed when i saw Wario. i actually thought it was pretty cool. im pretty sure Wario will have some of his original moves, not only things from WarioWare. the character appearances are based on the latest of their franchise right? well, im only guessing.
anywayz on Diddy Kong: if he had some of his things from the racing game, i wouldnt really know wut he would do except maybe shoot some rockets or something. but he might not even end up getting things from the game. wheres that Peanut Pop Gun thing from?

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I've learned not to blindly follow links that are posted on this site. ;)

I would love for R.O.B to be playable; however, I think they're both just NPCs.

Wow, Aeris, that's harsh. Although I am inclined to agree somewhat.

PP won't be a PC. He's not semi-confirmed. He hasn't been enlarged, he was always that big (I think). And he's not going to put a random boss in from a Mario game, even if he is a popular one.

First of all, double-post. Second, do you know anything about grammar or punctuation?

Yes, they do. And it's vicious.

I have to erase this post from my memory.
You're right though. PP is NPC.

D@mn n00bs...

Look. Sonic is not confirmed, or you'd know. You'd know because a) he would be on the Dojo, where ALL CONFIRMED INFORMATION GOES, or b) this site would be alive with chatter and would swell until it or our computers exploded. Sonic is NOT confirmed, Wolf Link does NOT appear as of yet, and your momma does NOT eat bananas. Clear? Good. Now stop spreading stupid rumors and have a good day.
okay I will visist the site about in smash dojo okay you have the point I am wrong but is something that I alway is want!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
(Diddy Kong Thread)
I guess your right lol..:laugh: but since this is a character thread we can easily post and talk about them here don't you agree? but anyway I hope Mewtwo makes his return because he really was unique and if Sakurai were to make him a little better then perhaps he would be my main

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Well, now we have Diddy, Banana Peel and the kickass Rumble Falls, what more do we need from the DK series?

KING K ROOL FOR BRAWL XD

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
So out of the 19 confirmed characters right now (counting Snake and Metaknight who haven't yet shown up on the official site), three are villains. Three. Out of 19. This is starting to get ridiculous.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
So out of the 19 confirmed characters right now (counting Snake and Metaknight who haven't yet shown up on the official site), three are villains. Three. Out of 19. This is starting to get ridiculous.
More like two and a half, Nintendo doesn't really consider Meta a villan

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It's kind of nice that we're seeing expansions of some of the franchises, in terms of characters.

Meta-knight expanded the Kirby franchise character list, Diddy is adding DK characters to the roster... it seems less likely that any given series will only have one character representing them.

I'm not saying we'll be seeing WarioWare characters though, since I consider him to be a branch off from the Mario franchise, and not having started his own. I mean we may see a Metroid villain popping up, another F-Zero racer, and possibly the return of Marth, Roy, or another FE character addition.

This would probably exclude newcomer franchises though... they wouldn't have much call to try and squeeze in a Kid Icarus character, I don't think.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's kind of nice that we're seeing expansions of some of the franchises, in terms of characters.

Meta-knight expanded the Kirby franchise character list, Diddy is adding DK characters to the roster... it seems less likely that any given series will only have one character representing them.

I'm not saying we'll be seeing WarioWare characters though, since I consider him to be a branch off from the Mario franchise, and not having started his own. I mean we may see a Metroid villain popping up, another F-Zero racer, and possibly the return of Marth, Roy, or another FE character addition.

This would probably exclude newcomer franchises though... they wouldn't have much call to try and squeeze in a Kid Icarus character, I don't think.
Don't forget the last boss though. Medusa could be playable, though I set her chances at < 5%.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I actually expected this forum to be crashed after tonight's update. How great and unexpected Sakurai is, we'll never know. I almost FAINTED at the sight of Diddy Kong.

Like I said in another thread, GREATEST UPDATE YET. GOD BLESS YOU, SAKURAI. GOD BLESS YOU.
Obsessed much? Just kidding...that's what I did when I saw that Link's moves had finally been put up...even though there was no WL transformation...

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Obsessed much? Just kidding...that's what I did when I saw that Link's moves had finally been put up...even though there was no WL transformation...
Wait a ****ing minute. I'm the a-hole round here! Better not be hearing more from YOU. :mad:

I gotta admit, though. I was obsessed. I keep looking at the update, for God's sake.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong! w00t! Yay!
Anyway, I kinda expected he'd use his rocket barrel and peanut pop guns from DK64 if he was gonna be in.
Anyone else expect his final smash to be his guitar and his B+Forward to be his side-roll-attack-ish-thingy-that-I-forgot-the-proper-english-name-of? Then again, that could also be his dash attack...
I hope some of his attacks involve his tail though! That'd be hilarious.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Well, we do see him hitting Link with his tail. And speaking of Link:

I've given Link's moves a lot of thought over the past couple days, and this is what I have to say about them (sorry in advance for the long post):

Gale Boomerang
The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.
This, I think, sets up the opponent very well for a nice combo, as I take it to mean that the opponent stay in the air for a second and is pulled back towards Link slightly. For example: The Gale Boomerang hits Mario. Link runs in as it “lightly pulls the foe’s body” and uses the Running Hack on Mario. Then he follows Mario, grabs him when he hits the ground, and uses Flying Elbow (down throw). Then Link uses uSmash and uair. That’s what I’d do, anyway. Anyway, it could be quite a good combo instrument.

Hero's Bow
The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast.
So, not very much to say about the bow, eh, Sakurai? Well, even that tiny little tidbit makes me speculate. The fact that he specifically says “it’s fast” makes me wonder: does that mean he doesn’t have to charge the bow anymore? While it does make sense realistically that he’d take a while to pull the bowstring back, it makes no sense combat-wise. Unless, of course, the opponent is almost directly under you, and you wanna hit them with an arrow, so you make it curve straight down. Frankly, though, I would prefer that instead of it going farther, the charging arrow became more powerful the longer it was held, like a Smash Attack. I want it to be so that we don’t have to charge it anymore. And he’s keeping us in the dark with that picture, too!

Bombs
Are these bombs made by Barnes?
While that doesn’t say anything about the bombs themselves, the picture does:

Now, the bomb he has just thrown is larger than the ones in Melee, but they actually look to be about the same size as the ones in the original. Now, what does that mean for them? Do they do more damage? Possibly. Do they have more knockback? That I find unlikely. The bombs never were meant for KOs. Somehow I get the feeling that they do more damage, maybe look more impressive. But they’re still not KO implements.

Spin Attack
You can charge up the Spin Attack!
Now, this is actually one of the most interesting things about this update, I think. Like the bow and bombs, this brings up many questions, especially as it’s his (main) recovery move. You can charge it up. Interesting. But what does it mean? What does it do when it’s charged? Does that mean it lasts longer, or that it does more damage, or that it has more knockback, or all three? And, the real question in my head about the Spin Attack is, what about in midair? This is the only recovery I’ve ever seen chargeable. Is it even possible to charge it in midair, and if so, what happens? My guess is that it actually takes you farther. Maybe it lasts longer to get you farther. Either way, I can’t wait to try it out in the actual game.

Clawshot
You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.
My immediate reaction was, DUH! It’s Link! In the first two games, he grabbed with the Hookshot. He’s had extended grabs throughout the series. They can’t just stop giving him them. What’s Link without an extended grab? That’s part of who he is. By the way, in the original, could he use the Hookshot as a now officially-named tether recovery? I never found out. Anyway…

My second reaction was, hmm. It’s great that it aims for you. Hmm…if you were above a ledge and you used it, would it aim down? And this also raises questions about Samus’s. Is it the same? We know this is ZSS’s uB, as well. I guess everyone with a tether recovery immediately aims for the edge. That would be awesome. And there should be more characters with tether recoveries. But back to Link!

Well, I’m very pleased with these changes. Since my first hope has been shattered, I have to move on to my two secondary hopes: Wolf Link as his own character, and CSL in the game.

WR3K

Smash Ace
is the pic when he is shooting his hookshot for a grab, do you think it has more lenght then that? or did they shorten it for balance purposes?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
^.^ Praise the lord and hug a puppy, Diddy's in Brawl. I really don't care if every other character sucks anymore, or if Diddy turns to bottom tier. Diddy's my new main.

Thx Sakurai :)

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure, was the clawshot in TP as long as the longshot in other games? cuz that seems to be the basis for his moves. He made a note that it might "not reach the target" in that pic so its possibly shortened

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You were excited... but in a bad way, I suppose! :chuckle:

For a while I was wondering if today's update would have been Petey Piranha... but that would have caused you to have a heart attack, right?

So, for the sake of Aeris' heart, let's all rejoice and celebrate the appearance of Diddy on Brawl! Yay Diddy! You finally made it!

I wonder if his Final Smash includes his electric guitar from DK64. DK himself already has the bongos, so...
I'll admit, the thought crossed my mind and I was quite worried. :( But anything is better than that ridiculous plant. So hooray for Diddy, however obvious an update it may be!

I would certainly expect Diddy's guitar to make an appearance, especially considering his rocketbarrels and peanut pop gun being used as well.

Well... wow. Unexpected. At least that he updated it today in the first place. No Dixie then, I suppose... fortunately. That girl looks frikkin creepy.
Diddy doesn't really do much for me, but at least a lot of fans are pleased now, I guess. Yay!
lol I feel pretty much the same way. I couldn't really care less about Diddy, but it's cool for his fans. Plus, it's a newcomer that isn't Petey, so that's always good for me. :chuckle:

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I'll admit, the thought crossed my mind and I was quite worried. :( But anything is better than that ridiculous plant. So hooray for Diddy, however obvious an update it may be!
While I don't quite think of Petey that badly, it's nice to see that after the first shock of his appearance wore down, he turned from some sort of an abomination to just a 'ridiculous plant', eh? ;)

Poor Petey... no one likes him...

My predictions for the next character updates will be:

Next week: Veteran Fighter, CAPTAIN FALCON

The week after that: Newcomer, RIDLEY

Don't kill me if I'm wrong! :grin:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
is the pic when he is shooting his hookshot for a grab, do you think it has more lenght then that? or did they shorten it for balance purposes?
It's an extended grab. It's longer than that. Besides, look at the other pic with the Clawshot. The one where he's trying to recover with it. It's quite a bit longer than the one you're talking about. Sakurai's just showing the Clawshot in all of its detail.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Yay, Diddy for Brawl! Can't wait to start being great with the primate. Diddy has lived in DK's shadow for TOO LONG!

Just wondering (this is a bit off topic so feel free not to answer), at the moment who do you all think you'll be maining just based on the characters, not their actually ability. Personally, I think Pit seems kinda cool right now.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Yay, Diddy for Brawl! Can't wait to start being great with the primate. Diddy has lived in DK's shadow for TOO LONG!

Just wondering (this is a bit off topic so feel free not to answer), at the moment who do you all think you'll be maining just based on the characters, not their actually ability. Personally, I think Pit seems kinda cool right now.
Link, Meta Knight, Pit, possibly Ike. Like I said, I like the swordsmen the best.

Gotta agree about Diddy, though. I'm really glad, not because I really like him or anything, just because I like him better than Donkey. Whenever I play DK Country, I use Diddy 'til I die. And I'm also glad Dixie isn't in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Only one nintendo character (not counting 3rd parties, either wise sonic/megaman would be) can beat this newcomer in awesomness...

RIDLEY...

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
Pits gonna own everyone in brawl except for Snake. Wario farts pichu hurts itself, and meta knight ........
will just get severly owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snake's moves B Varying guns
up+B use missile launcher to jump higher and hits anyone below
Down+B mines touch activated or press again gets stronger more not detonated and explodes on own doesn't effect snake
>+B throws stun grenades or regular depends on how long it's held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom