• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Yoshi's FS is SEXII!!! hahaha its cool tho. from wut i know thats never been in a game (unless itll be in Mario Galaxy or w/e), so i think Fox's FS will be the Kyubii!!! hahaha. "Believe It!"...d*** i hate the english version so bad...
also, a stage with music, and an item...its a shame people still think an AC character wont get in...i mean if icons mean nothing, then y not give Dr Wright one? ATs are actually really important items, seeing as they rep characters that couldnt make it playable...besides, after seeing Yoshi's FS and a few other things: makes me think ANYTHING could happen, like an AC character. but thats IMO anywayz...plus if an AC somehow didnt make it in, i wouldnt really be disappointed: ive never played AC...

EDIT: i just noticed something...Yoshi's is based on the colored shells she swallows/keeps in her mouth (Red=Fire; Blue=Wings; Yellow=Stomp (which might end up in it somehow) so admittedly, i fail on that one...the name of the FS just threw me off i guess (Super Dragon, i mean everyone knows Yoshi is a dinosaur(it is a dinosaur right? *looks around, no agreements, runs*). Anywayz, i still think an AC character will make it...dont really care if i havent played AC. i just say that cuz of the icons anywayz (dont bring the icon argument here tho plz. we can maybe say it elsewhere, like in the Icon Discovery thread or w/e)

Sensai

Smash Master
I think an AC character will be in, definitely. It, kinda, is even hinted at by Sakurai with that 'a hero arrives late' ****.

Three things:

Yoshi's FS is awesome. Finally, some FRACKIN' RECOVERY! Everything else can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned...just the ability to play Yoshi and not get gay deathed is incredible. And yes, he's a dino.

Animal Crossing music is good...if it's not the only thing played on that level. I want to be able to choose music, or have it played at random. I want KK Dirge. I want KK Whatever The Hell Else Sounds Cool (been a while). If that's all the music for that level, I'm pissed. If not..cool. Sounds good. That may very well become my favorite stage if the music is done well.

Repryx said:
No....No Chance @ all Who is Geno?
Jeah...that's all we need to hear from you. The door's over there. /points

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance

Sensai

Smash Master
Hadn't seen the Famitsu scans, thanks. Interesting.

And if they WERE going to put in an AC character...who would it be? It'd have to be KK or Nook, right? I mean, unless they just put in the generic main character...but that'd be LAME.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
I know I have too much time on my hands when I'm posting so often on this forum...

Anyways, I'm just gonna try my luck with a few predictions for the following updates:

Next Newcomer: Ridley

Next Veteran: Captain Falcon

Next Special Moves: Kirby

Next Final Smash: Zelda

Next Item: Bowser Shell :grin:

Next Assist Trophy: Rambi

Next Pokéball Pokémon: Delibird

Next Stage: Norfair (or some other Metroid Stage)

Next Music: Fire Emblem Music

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I don't exactly have time to read over everything that's been said during my absence, so I'll reply to that stuff later. There is one thing I'd like to point out, something others may or may not have noticed, though I'll venture a guess that some (or many) of you saw this as well.

Yoshi breaths flame upon Samus who is lit on fire and launched away as a result. She burns from the attack, it is clear what had just happened. The curious part is the ball of flame adjacent to Yoshi's body. You can plainly see a shadow cast upon the ground towards the right end of the top platform. There also appears to be a fiery figure directly above this shadow. You can see what looks to be a leg, what could be mistaken as a spear, and, directly above, an eyeball? I can't tell, maybe there is a character within this fireball. Either that or the graphics are messed up. Who do you think it could be?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi breaths flame upon Samus who is lit on fire and launched away as a result. She burns from the attack, it is clear what had just happened. The curious part is the ball of flame adjacent to Yoshi's body. You can plainly see a shadow cast upon the ground towards the right end of the top platform. There also appears to be a fiery figure directly above this shadow. You can see what looks to be a leg, what could be mistaken as a spear, and, directly above, an eyeball? I can't tell, maybe there is a character within this fireball. Either that or the graphics are messed up. Who do you think it could be?
I think it's obviously Link. The green visible leg are his pants and the part above that is the hilt of his sword.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Yoshi's FS is SEXII!!! hahaha its cool tho. from wut i know thats never been in a game (unless itll be in Mario Galaxy or w/e), so i think Fox's FS will be the Kyubii!!! hahaha. "Believe It!"...d*** i hate the english version so bad...
also, a stage with music, and an item...its a shame people still think an AC character wont get in...i mean if icons mean nothing, then y not give Dr Wright one? ATs are actually really important items, seeing as they rep characters that couldnt make it playable...besides, after seeing Yoshi's FS and a few other things: makes me think ANYTHING could happen, like an AC character. but thats IMO anywayz...plus if an AC somehow didnt make it in, i wouldnt really be disappointed: ive never played AC...

EDIT: i just noticed something...Yoshi's is based on the colored shells she swallows/keeps in her mouth (Red=Fire; Blue=Wings; Yellow=Stomp (which might end up in it somehow) so admittedly, i fail on that one...the name of the FS just threw me off i guess (Super Dragon, i mean everyone knows Yoshi is a dinosaur(it is a dinosaur right? *looks around, no agreements, runs*). Anywayz, i still think an AC character will make it...dont really care if i havent played AC. i just say that cuz of the icons anywayz (dont bring the icon argument here tho plz. we can maybe say it elsewhere, like in the Icon Discovery thread or w/e)
You're right, his FS is based on SMW for the SNES. Glad you caught that so I didn't have to feed you to the wolves. Or Wolf Link.

Yes, he is a dinosaur. In SMW, you got Dinosaur Coins throughout the levels; when you got all five in a level you got a 1-up. The coins had Yoshi's face on them. He's a dino.

You're right about ACs. Samurai Goroh and Knuckle Joe both got a symbol, whereas the other two didn't. And now we have an AC stage, an AC item, and the AC music (which is really good, by the way!). And an AC symbol. This definitely semi-confirms an AC character.

I don't exactly have time to read over everything that's been said during my absence, so I'll reply to that stuff later. There is one thing I'd like to point out, something others may or may not have noticed, though I'll venture a guess that some (or many) of you saw this as well.

The so-called spear is the Master Sword, I believe. And the "eye" looks to be Toad's head. I dunno whose leg that is, though, because I don't think anyone has green legs...

Hmm. The only four characters in Smashville right now are Link, Samus, Yoshi, and Pikachu, if these were all taken at the same time...and none of them have green legs except Yoshi. Also, none of them have Toad's head. Is anyone else finding that particular picture rather weird?

I think it's obviously Link. The green visible leg are his pants and the part above that is the hilt of his sword.
No, you dork. You got the sword part right--that is the Master Sword. However, the only green thing about Link is his tunic and hat. His pants and shirt are white, and his boots are really tall. That's not Link's leg. And that "eye" is so not Link's head. It's not only Link there.

Or if it is, we have a really weird alternate Link costume now...and I will never, ever use it...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'd say that's Ike in the flames there.

...I was going to ponder what the song says about KK Slider's chances, until I realized that his name is not KK Rider. *ponders*
Still, that last sentence is very, very intriguing... Sakurai's definitely throwing us several winks here...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'd say that's Ike in the flames there.

...I was going to ponder what the song says about KK Slider's chances, until I realized that his name is not KK Rider. *ponders*
Still, that last sentence is very, very intriguing... Sakurai's definitely throwing us several winks here...
No, it's not Ike. The sword is too small. But I think the leg is Fox's. 'Cause I just looked at him, and he has green pants. I winzorz!

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Actually Shritistrang is right, it is Link, in this enlarged picture you can see Link's Green skirt, and with pants, thye might look a bit greener but it must be the light effects, also you can see the boot there, and the eyeball-thing is not not a Toad head lol it might just be the fire.

I think this clears some doubts.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Snake

Wario was inevitable, and will make a brilliant character. And Meta Knight should be good too, nice to see another character from the Kirby series.

Not so sure about Solid Snake to be honest...
Yeah Snake isnt my kind of character either but his move set would be good from what ive seen in the prev. vids

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
No triple posting. Okay? And..I knew that was Link in the flames right from the start. How could people ACTUALLY doubt who it was? It's kinda obvious when you see the sword.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No triple posting. Okay? And..I knew that was Link in the flames right from the start. How could people ACTUALLY doubt who it was? It's kinda obvious when you see the sword.
If you're not looking at an enlarged version of the picture then it hardly looks like a sword. Even now that I've seen the sword, when refering back to the smaller version, I retain my previously kindled doubt. It would have been nice of Mr. Sakurai to try and slip something past us like that.

I'll go with the majority (which is something I detest) and say that Link is indeed the character engulfed in flames.

Lol, eyeball-thing. I had no idea what to call it. Look, though, it really does look like an eyeball. Anybody else's intution telling them that we're getting a stage tomorrow?

i thought it was something else too. for some reason i thought it mightve been Petey Pirhanna (sp?). thanks Tonyman for enlarging that.
@Rhyme: i think therell be a stage tomorrow. which one tho? Halberd maybe?
for the AC character: i really believe that there will be one. the musics cool (forgot to say that earlier). very true on Sakurai's last sentence tho. freakin Sakurai, first make Link look like some kind of awkward Toad, then the wink wink in the in his sentence, and furthermore he put 2 updates (which i dont really know y he did that)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha. Youko's podcast does rate music as "low priority". Perhaps Mr. Sakurai reached the same conclusion and thusly decided to buff up the Music update with a FS update. Or maybe he's only now realizing that this game's release is approaching faster than expected. Either way I'm greatful for the bountiful update this morning.

ylink_underestimated: I've got this itching feeling that we'll get a stage update nobody expected. Something like...um...Samus' stage. I'm hoping for plenty of surfaces to wall-jump from.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
i thought it was something else too. for some reason i thought it mightve been Petey Pirhanna (sp?). thanks Tonyman for enlarging that.
@Rhyme: i think therell be a stage tomorrow. which one tho? Halberd maybe?
for the AC character: i really believe that there will be one. the musics cool (forgot to say that earlier). very true on Sakurai's last sentence tho. freakin Sakurai, first make Link look like some kind of awkward Toad, then the wink wink in the in his sentence, and furthermore he put 2 updates (which i dont really know y he did that)
LOL to Petey Piranha. Yeah, thanks Tonyman.
D@mn, I hope you're right about the Halberd. I wanna know whether we actually get to fight on the ship!
I believe and hope that there will be an AC character. But...huh? "Some kind of awkward Toad"? What does that mean?
He did it 'cause he felt like it.
Why do you call Yoshi her? He's a boy; Sakurai said so, and therefore it's true. Sakurai's word is law, y'know.

@Ranthozyk: Hey! Uncool! You stole my avatar! Oh well, I'll deal.

@BokutoGuy: No triple-posting. Also, no double-posting. Otherwise the mods will eat your brain. Hey, welcome to SWF!

@Neo-X: Link isn't the only character with a sword in the game, you know. And he doesn't have green pants. But yes, it is Link. Thanks, Tonyman.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Haha. Youko's podcast does rate music as "low priority". Perhaps Mr. Sakurai reached the same conclusion and thusly decided to buff up the Music update with a FS update. Or maybe he's only now realizing that this game's release is approaching faster than expected. Either way I'm greatful for the bountiful update this morning.

ylink_underestimated: I've got this itching feeling that we'll get a stage update nobody expected. Something like...um...Samus' stage. I'm hoping for plenty of surfaces to wall-jump from.
Or maybe...let's see...well, whose do we have no idea about? Wario, Samus, ZSS (if they're not the same stage), Kirby, Snake, Zelda, Bowser, Peach...hmm...I think it'll be Kirby's stage. And it will have...a tree that blows...

I hope wall-jumping stays. They've added two new skills to this game, besides WJing (crawling and climbing). Now they just need Sonic, Ridley, CSLink, and/or WL and the game is ready.

December third can't come soon enough...

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
@ Ranthozyk: Yoshi's stage came out before her, and there's Smashville...
Hey, Yoshi's a boy! Well, last time I checked...

And yeah, I'm dying to see Samus' stage as well. But god help me if it's another version of Brinstar...

I have nothing against Bristar, I think it's a cool level, both in Smash Bros. and the Metroid games. But... three Brinstar levels after another? C'mon, guys, Metroid has so much more than that one area!

deebz435

Smash Journeyman

And yeah, I'm dying to see Samus' stage as well. But god help me if it's another version of Brinstar...

I have nothing against Bristar, I think it's a cool level, both in Smash Bros. and the Metroid games. But... three Brinstar levels after another? C'mon, guys, Metroid has so much more than that one area!
They should chose a place from one of the Prime games like Sanctuary Fortress or Phendrana Drifts or something along those lines. I do agree that we need a different locale for Metroid other than Brinstar.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice

WTF?? you got to be kidding me is that true tree part of matroid well first of all I like both yashi and samus so I don't want any complaing okay!!

Well, if i remember, from Super Mario World, Yoshi's a girl. Besides, she lays eggs...

It might not be Brinstar, a Prime stage would totally pwn. Sanctuary Fortress would be cool, and a Ridely stage could be something like the Chozo Shrine (was that the name?).

EDIT: LINKD, wtf r u talking about? Shritistrang wants stages OTHER than Brinstar. and he/she (sorry never sure about genders in SWF) never said anything about disliking Yoshi...

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Well, if i remember, from Super Mario World, Yoshi's a girl. Besides, she lays eggs...

It might not be Brinstar, a Prime stage would totally pwn. Sanctuary Fortress would be cool, and a Ridely stage could be something like the Chozo Shrine (was that the name?).

EDIT: LINKD, wtf r u talking about? Shritistrang wants stages OTHER than Brinstar. and he/she (sorry never sure about genders in SWF) never said anything about disliking Yoshi...
It's an IT! *GASP* I think it's a boy, anyway.

Yes, total pwn for the win. The name was Artifact Temple, I believe.

Maybe LINKD misunderstood, dude/dudette.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I think LNKD misunderstood something.

Yoshi may lay eggs, but you don't really think he's laying them for reproduction, right? Although, we don't really know if he's really 'laying' them or rather somehow magically creating them out of nothing (we never saw them sliding out of the egg hole... okay, I'll stop here before it's getting gross).

Also, the in-game text from Super Mario World says clearly 'Yoshi and HIS friends', right?

But yeah, I like Yoshi, he's cool! Almost as cool as Samus and Mewtwo and Link and...

Oh, and I'm a guy, by the way!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

OoT also says that Sheik is a dude...

I'm willing to bet that tonight's update is something kinda important, which is why he gave us a lot today. He wants to clear things up, or build things up, for whatever he's going to give us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom