• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
OBJECTION!

Dark Samus and The Black Knight would pwn Ridley's confirmation ten fold!

OMG ROFLMAO THis Quote FTW
Yes But I think Midna's would PWN as well SImply because of the Transformation and the way she talks(That would be her taunt)....
Pits gonna own everyone in brawl except for Snake. Wario farts pichu hurts itself, and meta knight ........
will just get severly owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snake's moves B Varying guns
up+B use missile launcher to jump higher and hits anyone below
Down+B mines touch activated or press again gets stronger more not detonated and explodes on own doesn't effect snake
>+B throws stun grenades or regular depends on how long it's held.

Off current Topic....FAIL Besides we will get Snakes Move set...STOP TRYNA PLAY SAKURAI

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mdina's speech is my most favorite of every video game I played. I loved when she had dialouge. That and she's a VERY intresting character.

Anyways, I am really glad to see Diddy Kong in Brawl. I didn't have any doubts but it's nice to see a character I wanted in. He looks pretty **** fine though. I love his hair textures and his attacks look very intresting. I am guessing his reg B will be the Peanut Gun, Up B his Booster and his running A his signature cartwheel.

Repryx

Smash Champion
and his Loss thingy instead of clapping he should throw the hat on the ground and stomps it out

Snake Guy take notice of the way we guess and Suppose not Confirm lolz Objection OMG WTF

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Good enough for y'all?
Yes it is.

I remember reading (Don't remember where) the newcomers shown in Dojo won't be characters to unlock, so they are basically default characters. As for snake not being there, didn't Sakurai say he was going to be a character to unlock? Which would explain why he's not in dojo
I'm fairly certain you won't remember where you read it, because it's been everyone's default assumption since day one. So far, nobody has shown any real evidence one way or the other on this (with the exception of Snake, whom I believe someone linked an article where Sakurai said he'd be unlockable).

...he's already on the starting roster list (that's what that list is), snake is unlockable (won't be mentioned until after release)...it's weird how this Q is still getting asked? 0_o
The reason it keeps getting asked, is because it never actually gets a definitive answer. Everyone keeps repeating the same assumptions without presenting any hard evidence, and other people keep questioning the validity of that assumption.

That's not to say it's a terribly uninformed assumtion mind you. Of course, with Melee, we didn't get any secret characters until the game was released (or was it just shortly before?). But we also got all of the starter characters in the early trailers for Melee, as well. Also, I don't believe we got daily weekday updates for several months prior to the release of the game.

All of this to say we really don't know for sure at this point who of the newcomers is unlockable and who are starters, we just guess. And I for one, am starting to wonder if our guesses have been wrong.

Everyone can feel free to disagree if they like, but the idea that it is common knowledge that the characters on the Dojo site are all starters is really beginning to piss me off.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Does it realy matter who is unlockable? As long as you get to use your person right? Why are people so picky on these details....BTW I actually am a confirmed unlockable character if that make you feel any better...YOu must beat the SE 30 times and I unleash my PWNageisms on the rest of Nintendo!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Does it realy matter who is unlockable? As long as you get to use your person right? Why are people so picky on these details?
Because if there was no 3rd installement to the Smash series, and it's not done right, then why go on living?

^^I of course naturally am not one of these people!:laugh:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
IMO, C.Falcon will be the only other starter for vets...
Krystal, Bub & Bob, MK, Lucas, Smashkid (AC char) and Little Mac

12 vets and 12 nc's to start.

I'm glad Diddy's a "scambly" character, bout time they had one!!! lol jk
Seriously though,
SWEET!!

HA! lol
I believe most of the vets will probably be starters to begin with, so no argument there, but you say 12 newcomers already as starters? I really doubt that

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
The reason it keeps getting asked, is because it never actually gets a definitive answer. Everyone keeps repeating the same assumptions without presenting any hard evidence, and other people keep questioning the validity of that assumption.

That's not to say it's a terribly uninformed assumtion mind you. Of course, with Melee, we didn't get any secret characters until the game was released (or was it just shortly before?). But we also got all of the starter characters in the early trailers for Melee, as well. Also, I don't believe we got daily weekday updates for several months prior to the release of the game.

All of this to say we really don't know for sure at this point who of the newcomers is unlockable and who are starters, we just guess. And I for one, am starting to wonder if our guesses have been wrong.

Everyone can feel free to disagree if they like, but the idea that it is common knowledge that the characters on the Dojo site are all starters is really beginning to piss me off.
Very true. It's true that nothing about the "New Challengers" is known (I mean, whether they're starters or not); however, it does seem likely if history has any basis on what's happening now, we won't see any secret characters on the site until the end of November and the beginning of December (as in, the first two days...O.O). Frankly, I hope everyone we've seen is a starter, 'cause I don't wanna know any of the secret characters. Part of Smash is the surprise of unlocking a totally new character that we had no idea was going in...or even a character we hoped would get in.

Anyway, way off topic, but I came up with an idea for Wario's recovery...It's like a midair Wario Waft, and it propels you in the direction you aim the Control Stick, kinda like Fire Fox. Not that the grossness has been passed on, I can die happy.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Anyway, way off topic, but I came up with an idea for Wario's recovery...It's like a midair Wario Waft, and it propels you in the direction you aim the Control Stick, kinda like Fire Fox. Not that the grossness has been passed on, I can die happy.
Wario Waft itself can be used as a good recovery, when charged it goes further. Look at how high he goes in his SM pics. A mid-air inflation for a 45 degree gliding float into a slightly angled belly flop would be cool...that would totally fit him lol
Waft and Flop!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ok Fine Here is My MOveSet (DOnt tell Sakurai or he'll delete me) I come under the Alias PWNage. My B is a Chargeable Death Ball Thats something Like Freiza's only Much Bigger. My Forward B I Shoot REAL GUNS at people (Which Kind all depens on what day of the week your playing) My Down Be I Slow Down TIme for a Full 60 secs My Final Smash I pull Out a Proton Cannon WHile invincible and Destroy everything that walks on the stage Inculding the Background People(THat means You Pokemon Guy and Animal Crossing people) In the SE I'm the Bad Guy that Actually Kills people for my own Purposes and *Spoiler* am the one Who Kills the Anceint Minister (Im not the Final Bos though) I also Chop Petey Pirhana's Head off.

My Taunt is 1 of 40 ways to insult or cuss somebody out.

I am PWNage

BTW when I win I pee on everyone else who lost

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Ok Fine Here is My MOveSet (DOnt tell Sakurai or he'll delete me) I come under the Alias PWNage. My B is a Chargeable Death Ball Thats something Like Freiza's only Much Bigger. My Forward B I Shoot REAL GUNS at people (Which Kind all depens on what day of the week your playing) My Down Be I Slow Down TIme for a Full 60 secs My Final Smash I pull Out a Proton Cannon WHile invincible and Destroy everything that walks on the stage Inculding the Background People(THat means You Pokemon Guy and Animal Crossing people) In the SE I'm the Bad Guy that Actually Kills people for my own Purposes and *Spoiler* am the one Who Kills the Anceint Minister (Im not the Final Bos though) I also Chop Petey Pirhana's Head off.

My Taunt is 1 of 40 ways to insult or cuss somebody out.

I am PWNage

BTW when I win I pee on everyone else who lost
I'm sorry, "PWNage", but...you suck.

Repryx

Smash Champion
ZOMFG!~HADOUKEN!
I just PWNed myself by hadoukening off the edge... :cry:

I love Wario, I can't wait to see Yoshi's new >B!
What'll it be? I wonder...*cou*ghmid*airrunnig*kick*cough*toungue*lash*cough*idontf***know*
Midair Running Kick? A FLutter kick? He has that already lolz

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP! I FOUND SNAKE'S SYMBOL!

All right. In the Nintendo World trailer, when it reaches Snake's intro, pause. You can see Snake's Brawl symbol!

All right, this has probably already been discovered, but I just thought I'd put it up in case it hadn't...

Not only that, but I answered my own question about Link's bow. During Snake's little segment, you can see Link shoot his bow before Snake jumps up and kicks him. The arrow goes far and fast, without having to charge it. Sweet!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Take a Guess WHat KAmiKazeKage Means and you'll See Where I got it From The Hint is in the Sig *Cough**Cough* 2. Ive been Calling myself that since beore I started playing smash...its been about 21/2 yrs since I first fell in love with that title... SO just Tell me what you think it means

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I hate to get back on topic here, but what about diddy kong in brawl? Im betting he is going to be comparible to luigi with a semi-obsurd moveset...The Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun are going to be interesting. I wonder if the gun will be like sheik's needles or like falcos gayzer (i doubt it will charge up like samus, but who knows)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I hate to get back on topic here, but what about diddy kong in brawl? Im betting he is going to be comparible to luigi with a semi-obsurd moveset...The Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun are going to be interesting. I wonder if the gun will be like sheik's needles or like falcos gayzer (i doubt it will charge up like samus, but who knows)
Eh, everyone's over him already. You missed the discussion riot earlier. Good riot, of course.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
HOLY CRAP! I FOUND SNAKE'S SYMBOL!

All right. In the Nintendo World trailer, when it reaches Snake's intro, pause. You can see Snake's Brawl symbol!

All right, this has probably already been discovered, but I just thought I'd put it up in case it hadn't...

Not only that, but I answered my own question about Link's bow. During Snake's little segment, you can see Link shoot his bow before Snake jumps up and kicks him. The arrow goes far and fast, without having to charge it. Sweet!
...You mean this?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yay, Diddy for Brawl! Can't wait to start being great with the primate. Diddy has lived in DK's shadow for TOO LONG!

Just wondering (this is a bit off topic so feel free not to answer), at the moment who do you all think you'll be maining just based on the characters, not their actually ability. Personally, I think Pit seems kinda cool right now.
Definitely Peach and Pit. I'll also try my hand at PT.

The thing about Diddy's update that makes it less exciting is that it was so obvious. Everyone in his or her right mind knew that Diddy would be playable in Brawl. Today's update was like seeing some of the obvious returning newcomers, or ones that have already been seen in videos. It wasn't terribly exciting--at least for me. I'm glad he's in, because Diddy was sorely missed, and two DK reps is just fine.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Aeris' Theme song Makes Me Cry done By Mr. Nobuo Uematsu Thinking of which its been a While since we had a Music update....My Fave SO Far is Links Hadouken SPin All the Way

Repryx

Smash Champion
I'm thinking I'll main every character because I want to main...every character so that I can compete against any character with any character...that's just me I guess

Balance will be the best factor in this game...PWNage ALL AROUND!!!!
See twilight? PWNage! he said PWNage But yeah @ maining every Character.....Its called a MAIN for a reason you mean you WONT have a main?

Sensai

Smash Master
I just got bit in the *** by some type of...worm thing. Jesus Christ...

...oh. ****. How long have you guys been here?

rAt: You don't get stuck in Super Metroid. Super Metroid STICKS you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom