• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
A dodging animation, or the windup for a smash attack, perhaps? I wouldn't doubt the chances that Fox was given a different move, considering how much his moves changed from Smash64 to Melee. I'm just throwing my two cents in.

EDIT:

Good point. I'd also like to add to your statement and say "Thought discontinuity is a _ _ _ _ _."
Haha, so very true on that last one. ;)

And really, it just looked to me as though Fox were standing on slightly angled ground, creating the illusion of "floating Fox".

All right, thanks.

It's not a quartet, it's a...a...d@mn it, what is the word? Screw it: a sixtet.
No problem! I'm always more than happy to enlighten another about the wonders of Punch-Out!!. :grin:

Hahah, the word you're looking for is "sextet". But good point nonetheless. I hadn't really considered the fact that each creature would count for a separate moveset; I just meant spots on the roster. In that case, however, Mewtwo as PT's FS would make it a septet.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Haha, so very true on that last one. ;)

And really, it just looked to me as though Fox were standing on slightly angled ground, creating the illusion of "floating Fox".

No problem! I'm always more than happy to enlighten another about the wonders of Punch-Out!!. :grin:

Hahah, the word you're looking for is "sextet". But good point nonetheless. I hadn't really considered the fact that each creature would count for a separate moveset; I just meant spots on the roster. In that case, however, Mewtwo as PT's FS would make it a septet.
No, sextet would be seven (I thought...)

Oh...septet is seven.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
wow i missed quite a bit as i was eating lunch haha. i think all the suggestions were accurate though, esp...HADOKEN!!!!!
Oh, yes. Now, if Link shouted "HADOUKEN!" while doing the Spin Attack, I would die from laughter and excitement.

Link: "HADOUKEN!"
Fox: *dies*
twilight_hero: I pwn you with my Hadouken Spin!

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
im guessing "HADOUKEN" is like a pokemon name or something, i dont know really, lol that would laugh hard as well if someone said something as rediculus as that, i have bean wondering though, do you think they will give mario and luigi their hammer, it would be very cool, and it would not make sence if they didn't considering that in almost every new mario game except for super mario sunshine, and luigi's mansion, that mario and luigi have a hammer.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
lol. dude if i had more room, i would totally sig that right now haha
Sweet. I said something sig-worthy. Maybe I'll make that my sig. I need a new one anyway. The one I have now is funny, sure, but it's gotten old; I've made my way up to Smash Apprentice with it. (From Smash n00b, that is.) I'll go change it now.

im guessing "HADOUKEN" is like a pokemon name or something, i dont know really, lol that would laugh hard as well if someone said something as rediculus as that, i have bean wondering though, do you think they will give mario and luigi their hammer, it would be very cool, and it would not make sence if they didn't considering that in almost every new mario game except for super mario sunshine, and luigi's mansion, that mario and luigi have a hammer.
"Hadouken" is the noise the character Ryu in Street Fighter makes when he throws a fireball. Huh-doke-in!

If there's a version of Mario that has a hammer, it'll be paper mario...and I'll then pee myself.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Any chance that one of Charizard's moves will be the "back and forth fire spit" attack / the "I don't know which way to barf up all this fire" attack / the "I'm attacking with fire breath but you asked me a question and I am simultaneously answering 'no' to it" attack?

And do you think that a nerfed version of Earthquake may be in Ivysaur's moveset?

And have you ever released a Blastoise and a Venusaur at the same time and Blastoise shot himself right to where Venusaur's butt is so it looks like they're humping and you paused it? Cuz me and my friends did that a LOT freshmen year. I just want to know if anyone else did it as well. lolz

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Not really deep into the Pokemon games, so I don't really know what moves they will have. The good thing about "Pokémon Trainer" is that he's got three moves set, but the bad thing is you might not like one of them, still he's my main.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Any chance that one of Charizard's moves will be the "back and forth fire spit" attack / the "I don't know which way to barf up all this fire" attack / the "I'm attacking with fire breath but you asked me a question and I am simultaneously answering 'no' to it" attack?

And do you think that a nerfed version of Earthquake may be in Ivysaur's moveset?

And have you ever released a Blastoise and a Venusaur at the same time and Blastoise shot himself right to where Venusaur's butt is so it looks like they're humping and you paused it? Cuz me and my friends did that a LOT freshmen year. I just want to know if anyone else did it as well. lolz
Dyce?

What's wrong with you?

Don't worry, I'll still be your friend. I just wanna know why you're so weird.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. I said something sig-worthy. Maybe I'll make that my sig. I need a new one anyway. The one I have now is funny, sure, but it's gotten old; I've made my way up to Smash Apprentice with it. (From Smash n00b, that is.) I'll go change it now.

"Hadouken" is the noise the character Ryu in Street Fighter makes when he throws a fireball. Huh-doke-in!

If there's a version of Mario that has a hammer, it'll be paper mario...and I'll then pee myself.
wasn't Ryu the asian/black guy with the jewlry, if so i think i can picture him, thanks for reminding me.

Paper mario in brawl, that would be a little weird, but in a way, i could picture all of his move sets, maybe he would be someone like in marvel VS capcom and you press a butten to make one of the partners come out and attack everyone. still papar mario would be kind of lame considering that brawl's grafics have uped the anty and putting paper mario would be more flat that game and watch.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
wasn't Ryu the asian/black guy with the jewlry, if so i think i can picture him, thanks for reminding me.

Paper mario in brawl, that would be a little weird, but in a way, i could picture all of his move sets, maybe he would be someone like in marvel VS capcom and you press a butten to make one of the partners come out and attack everyone. still papar mario would be kind of lame considering that brawl's grafics have uped the anty and putting paper mario would be more flat that game and watch.
No. He was the karate guy with the brown hair and red headband.

I would love Paper Mario! Yes, he would be as flat as G&W, but he would kick @$$! Besides, imagine his FS! He flips the world and everyone falls off and dies!

Oh, man, if I hadn't already done a moveset today, I'd do one for him right now!

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
No. He was the karate guy with the brown hair and red headband.

I would love Paper Mario! Yes, he would be as flat as G&W, but he would kick @$$! Besides, imagine his FS! He flips the world and everyone falls off and dies!

Oh, man, if I hadn't already done a moveset today, I'd do one for him right now!
True, that would be frieking awsome, and like he could do the special moves like turn into a paper plane as his recovery, and could ground pound like yoshi and bowser. your right, he would kick ***, but like i said, his graffic level i think would just lower the standards of ssbb.

Oh, and now i remember who ryu is, but what did you mean " i have already done a moveset today."

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Dyce?

What's wrong with you?

Don't worry, I'll still be your friend. I just wanna know why you're so weird.
I'm weird because when I'm stuck inside all day with no one to play with I go increasingly insane by the hour.

:(All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:ohwell:All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:)All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:laugh:All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:psycho:aLl WoRk AnD nO pLaY mAkEs DyCe A dUlL bOy.

...yea, basically it's just because I'm bored. And the uncalculable amount of questions buzzing around my head from the addition of PT to the Brawl lineup is driving me bananas.
Thank god Metroid Prime 3 comes out next week and I'll finally have something to do.
:psycho:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
True, that would be frieking awsome, and like he could do the special moves like turn into a paper plane as his recovery, and could ground pound like yoshi and bowser. your right, he would kick ***, but like i said, his graffic level i think would just lower the standards of ssbb.

Oh, and now i remember who ryu is, but what did you mean " i have already done a moveset today."
Graphic, shmaphic.

I mean, I made a moveset and posted it in the moveset thread. Today.

I'm weird because when I'm stuck inside all day with no one to play with I go increasingly insane by the hour.

:(All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:ohwell:All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:)All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:laugh:All work and no play makes Dyce a dull boy.
:psycho:aLl WoRk AnD nO pLaY mAkEs DyCe A dUlL bOy.

...yea, basically it's just because I'm bored. And the uncalculable amount of questions buzzing around my head from the addition of PT to the Brawl lineup is driving me bananas.
Thank god Metroid Prime 3 comes out next week and I'll finally have something to do.
:psycho:
LOL
Well, I'd love to play you at Brawl, but...oh wait, it ain't out yet. D@MN IT!

Actually, you'd probably kick my @$$. I'm not very good at Melee (I mean, compared to the rest of the Smash community. I can beat all my friends.), possibly because I came to SWF so late and didn't really have much time to practice. Luckily, I'll be right there with Brawl, from the very start. Like I said, I'd love to play you online (if it's enabled), but we can't. I don't even have a Wii yet (though I will by Friday.)

I just can't wait too much longer. I'll explode!

So, if possible, we have to make a Brawl date, for online-iness. I'll find your Wii, you find my Wii. We fight. Yah?

Oh, yeah, check out my new sig.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I Dont beleive you Actually Made that into a Sig lolz Next comes the Graphic Novel

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've got to tell you, PT has seriously got me addled. I've never been so confused by an update. Even when they had that first look into the new adventure mode.

PS: We need a Dec 3rd online tournament lol.

lyonartime333

Smash Rookie
west virginia(the state not western virginia)
WHY DO THE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACHTERS NEVER GET TALKED ABOUT?!?!?! i am a huge fan of the series, and what they will do with ike worries me. on the dojo site they commonly refer 2 him as a "powerhouse char." do they mean like roy or bowser?? i HATE slow characters (thats why i use marth) and if they make some1 as awesome as ike slow, i wont forgive them no matter how wicked aether is.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've got alot of speculation on the topic of the Fire Emblem series. There's a Fire Emblem game hitting the wii about a full month before brawl is released. I think it is possible the new protagonist could be a pontential,as they could use brawl as an opportunity to plug the new game. May be unrealistic, but ut's my two cents..

And I don't think Ike will be like Roy or Bowser, more like a stronger marth with Broly Effect.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
First Day of realese Brawl?
lol I can picure it now...I won't even press start until I'm in a tourney match. First thing I do...run away and mash until I find some sort of balance lol

I don't even have a sig...Any Suggestions?
Somebody warn me when someone says the next ****IN WTF statement or whatever it may be.

I can't wait for ONLINE...omg I think I'm gonna be sick on Dec 3rd...cough "can't work today boss - hack - , "got poison mushroomed by a toad"

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
A dec 3rd tournament would be sick as hell. Everyone would be in the dark as far as advanced techniques go, it would be so random lol. I'm going to look into organizing this. Or maybe the weekend following the release. To allow for time to procure the game, although it'd be much better for everyone to PRE ORDER!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
A dec 3rd tournament would be sick as hell. Everyone would be in the dark as far as advanced techniques go, it would be so random lol. I'm going to look into organizing this. Or maybe the weekend following the release. To allow for time to procure the game, although it'd be much better for everyone to PRE ORDER!
I still haven't PRE ORDERED!
OMG jk
I'll pre order it for sure...
I'd prefer a week personally, maybe some people will unlock chars that others didn't know existed and could use them to their advantage...I guess that would just lead to, "Who ever had more time wins"
First day, if you need anything to help organize it...I can't do much but I guess I have a sig spot to promote it!

Than just use Marth if Ike's to big for you...Expand your game a little if you still ilike him

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
First Day of realese Brawl?
lol I can picure it now...I won't even press start until I'm in a tourney match. First thing I do...run away and mash until I find some sort of balance lol

I don't even have a sig...Any Suggestions?
Somebody warn me when someone says the next ****IN WTF statement or whatever it may be.

I can't wait for ONLINE...omg I think I'm gonna be sick on Dec 3rd...cough "can't work today boss - hack - , "got poison mushroomed by a toad"
Okay, that made me laugh my @$$ off, I swear to God.

Here's a funny story. So I'm playing a tournament right now (you know, 64 entrants, thing that's built in), and I decided to watch a battle between Pichu and Pikachu. It ended up happening on Hyrule Temple. So, there's the underground, right? And the little slope on the right that leads to a drop-off to the underground. So. Pikachu and Pichu just jumped past each other for like, 45 seconds, up, then back down, until Pikachu finally attacked. It was funny as h&ll. I grabbed myself some crackers and sat down to watch. Oh, and Pikachu just won. (They were like level one or twos.)

In response to the tournament thing, I'm having a Brawl party at my house on the eighth. I'm inviting all my friends. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone from SWF will be invited (sorry, all!). However, when the first official Washington tourney comes, I'm there!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
is the 8th that saturday? Because I'm probably going to host a crew lock-in. As ghetto as it sounds, as my summer project I cleared out a portion of my garage and bought this nice TV, fridge, and tombstone pizza oven, and took out a section of wall so the there's a sliding door that leads to the pool. Could it be, that I, with my own hands, created the perfect Brawl environment?

Perhaps.
Perhaps...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Okay, that made me laugh my @$$ off, I swear to God.

Here's a funny story. So I'm playing a tournament right now (you know, 64 entrants, thing that's built in), and I decided to watch a battle between Pichu and Pikachu. It ended up happening on Hyrule Temple. So, there's the underground, right? And the little slope on the right that leads to a drop-off to the underground. So. Pikachu and Pichu just jumped past each other for like, 45 seconds, up, then back down, until Pikachu finally attacked. It was funny as h&ll. I grabbed myself some crackers and sat down to watch. Oh, and Pikachu just won. (They were like level one or twos.)

In response to the tournament thing, I'm having a Brawl party at my house on the eighth. I'm inviting all my friends. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone from SWF will be invited (sorry, all!). However, when the first official Washington tourney comes, I'm there!
ROFL WTF!?
ah, the little things make life great...

If it's online (which it better be)...I'm gonna look for you for a battle, show you the ways of the rabbit lol jk
You'll probably main a rabbit link and pwn me lol
Seriously though,

There are no tourney's near me :( Will a Wshtn tourney include the online?

ONLINE FTW

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
is the 8th that saturday? Because I'm probably going to host a crew lock-in. As ghetto as it sounds, as my summer project I cleared out a portion of my garage and bought this nice TV, fridge, and tombstone pizza oven, and took out a section of wall so the there's a sliding door that leads to the pool. Could it be, that I, with my own hands, created the perfect Brawl environment?

Perhaps.
Perhaps...
Yes, it is, and yes, you have.

ROFL WTF!?
ah, the little things make life great...

If it's online (which it better be)...I'm gonna look for you for a battle, show you the ways of the rabbit lol jk
You'll probably main a rabbit link and pwn me lol
Seriously though,

There are no tourney's near me :( Will a Wshtn tourney include the online?

ONLINE FTW
Well...I will be maining Link (almost assuredly). Unless I've unlocked another Link by then. What's your Wii number? Or is it showing?

WTF is what I said.

Hey, I never found out, who do you main?

And where exactly is Okanogan?

Yes, I will do online tourneys.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
SMASH PARTY AT WGWOLVERINES PLACE
sorry for inviting people, I guess I should get permission first lol...SERIOUSLY EVERYONE! lol jk

Oh right, I haven't posted it yet...Wii # coming soon, I gotta go get it ect... in a few minutes

Yey for Onlineness!!!

The okanagan is a Valley in BC Canada...just north of Vancouver, like over a hill and you're in the valley. There's about 5 lakes and 8 cities in there, (where I am) Kelowna's the biggest in BC next to Van and the capital (Victoria).

Are you in Wash state or city?
State's close-ish

That maining question has been asked many times but I think I finally know how to answer...
- I've never mained anyone (I like to play them all equally) but Link, Samus, Luigi, Ganon and Fox are considered my best by my buddies...(Ness and Picka too but that's just cause they don't know how to play them...)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
SMASH PARTY AT WGWOLVERINES PLACE
sorry for inviting people, I guess I should get permission first lol...SERIOUSLY EVERYONE! lol jk

Oh right, I haven't posted it yet...Wii # coming soon, I gotta go get it ect... in a few minutes

Yey for Onlineness!!!

The okanagan is a Valley in BC Canada...just north of Vancouver, like over a hill and you're in the valley. There's about 5 lakes and 8 cities in there, (where I am) Kelowna's the biggest in BC next to Van and the capital (Victoria).

Are you in Wash state or city?
State's close-ish

That maining question has been asked many times but I think I finally know how to answer...
- I've never mained anyone (I like to play them all equally) but Link, Samus, Luigi, Ganon and Fox are considered my best by my buddies...(Ness and Picka too but that's just cause they don't know how to play them...)
State. I live in Seattle.

Oh, okay.

BTW, I already know the ways of the rabbit. I main YL, remember?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
@T_hero: Yeah! And Brawl will come out...then we'll battle online...and I won't be able to keep up with your bouncingness lol
I'll just be Bowser and "Swing Away!" hoping for connection lol

The state! Perfect, I'm in Van maybe 2-3 weeks a year and it's not much further...than again, online gets that out of the way lol

ONLINE BRAWL TOURNEY ON THE 3RD!!!
MONTHLY FROM THEN ON

Edit: I'll actually be in Seatle in Nov...for a day... :(
It's just a stop by on my way to a cruise ship headed to Mexico, oh well

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
@T_hero: Yeah! And Brawl will come out...then we'll battle online...and I won't be able to keep up with your bouncingness lol
I'll just be Bowser and "Swing Away!" hoping for connection lol
Yep. Even if I'm Link, that'll happen!

Oh, but Meta Knight would pwn Bowser's @$$ so bad...

The state! Perfect, I'm in Van maybe 2-3 weeks a year and it's not much further...than again, online gets that out of the way lol
Yep. Online FTW!

ONLINE BRAWL TOURNEY ON THE 3RD!!!
MONTHLY FROM THEN ON
HELL YEAH, BIOTCHES!!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
if we get a list of people together ahead of time I'll be down for hosting and organizing an online tournament. I host a local series, "Enter The Fray!", and we haven't decided if we'll do one more for melee, but most likely, the next will be one for Brawl, "Enter The Fray!; A New Beginning"

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
if we get a list of people together ahead of time I'll be down for hosting and organizing an online tournament. I host a local series, "Enter The Fray!", and we haven't decided if we'll do one more for melee, but most likely, the next will be one for Brawl, "Enter The Fray!; A New Beginning"
I'd enter! I'll be the Link named "L!NK" or the Link named "HERO".

Dynamism

Smash Lord
!nky than lol
I'm totally thinking Brawl would have more than that but just reallized it already showed "NAMES" lol
My bro is pretty **** good too. So I count as two entrees. He calls himself A+me in melee usually. He doesn't like it though and wants to change lol

I was gone too, playing guitar...Now I'm gone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom