• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm really not doubting anything anymore. Sakurai putting in the most rediculous idea for a character in Smash just opens the doors for... just about literally anyone. Animal Crossing Boy/Girl? Definitely possible. Olimar? Hey, why not? Epona? At this point I wouldn't doubt it.

I just wonder how the trainer is going to be jumping around in the single player modes? Like where's he going to be in Break The Targets? How's he going to follow the moving stages? Can he fall off and die?

Also, this character leaves us with so many questions:
Can Charizard fly!? (ZOMG! IS HE GOING TO BE OUR ANSWER TO RIDLEY IF RIDLEY DOESN'T MAKE IT!?) How is Ivysaur, a quadrapedal character, going to play in comparison to the bipedal characters we're so used to!? Squirtle!?... Well, I guess I don't have that many questions for Squirtle...

But just think, a light character, to a medium weight character, to a heavy (possibly with a 5-jump) character... insanity!!!

I'm so stoked on this character more than anyone. Sakurai, this is the best week ever, even if give us 4 Banana Peels the rest of this week.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Thank you kindly, sir. I decided since I initially came down fairly hard against the whole TomNook/background idea (not the overall idea of him being included; I just didn't think it was likely), I should probably swallow my pride and admit it.
I get the Pika/Ivy thing now. I guess that means I shouldn't demand to know how Ivy was going to pull off Thunder, then...

I gotta say, I honestly think this whole removal of G&W and IC's thing is bull. I mean, its been discussed several times in this thread alone, and I've never once seen a source, and it's almost always been claimed by people who didn't like one or the other of the two characters.
Plus, let's face it, we're not going to lose two original characters which are the sole representatives of their series's (?? dangit, Sensai, you've still got me paranoid about my grammar :p), and keep any clones. It just makes no sense. Sure, they could give the clones a unique moveset, but Mr. G&W and the IC's already have a unique moveset.
Not only that but removing older characters like the IC's and G&W (Nintendo's first character) completely, while leaving in so many new and, let's face it, relatively unestablished characters (such as Fire Emblem, the Zero Suit version of Samus, Shiek, and about half of people's character suggestions) will piss off nearly every respectable gamer old enough to know who those characters were before Melee.

Of course, I don't mean that as a criticism against those who like clones (Y.Link folks :p) or less established characters (Sheik fans :p). I just mean that Sakurai, if he has a half a of a brain (which he does, right? He just punked us with Poke Trainer), he'll be considering the history behind the characters. Also I mean to say that people have been saying that IC's and G&W, as well as Sheik, were out (with varying degrees of supposed documentation) since the first trailer was shown. I'll believe it when the game comes out or it shows up on the official site, and not before.
He'll probably use Earthquake for his Down Special. Thunder would be useful, though, because Ivysaur could use the move and continue around the stage without flinching or having to wait for the attack to finish: Grass resists Electric. :lick:

Grammatical note: it's "series". Just "series", no apostrophe required. Yes, the singular is the plural as well. You're creating a possessive form unnecessarily. :p

Agreed about IC and G&W. It would truly be a shame to lose either character to the fleeting passions of the general populace. Curse you, silly factions! /madisonianoutburst

I just read the update...

I don't know what to say...

That is the last character I would have EVER expected...

This does wonders for the Animal Crossing Boy/Girl's chances.
I know! I was so shocked, but I'm really glad that Sakurai did this. It frees up space on the roster by combining three, maybe four (if a legendary makes the FS--Mewtwo, anyone?) Pokémon into one character, while also satisfying fans of the series by including so many different characters already with more surely on the way.

for some reason i think that with Ash the thing will be
Squirtle - fast but weak
Ivysaur - balanced
Charizard - Strong But Slow (can fly)
My thoughts exactly! Same brain, WHATWHAT. :chuckle: I don't see Charizard flying, however, but gliding instead, much like Meta Knight. Charizard probably won't flinch much, either, due to his bulk.

Something else to consider about PT: when one of his monsters is KO'ed, what happens? I think that PT will automatically send out the next Pokémon in his roster and go from there, but a stock is still lost. The player can cycle through to the recently fainted creature, but it will still be weak during a "recovery" period, forcing the player to use a different monster in its stead so the recently fainted combatant has time to heal.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Something else to consider about PT: when one of his monsters is KO'ed, what happens? I think that PT will automatically send out the next Pokémon in his roster and go from there, but a stock is still lost. The player can cycle through to the recently fainted creature, but it will still be weak during a "recovery" period, forcing the player to use a different monster in its stead so the recently fainted combatant has time to heal.
{Pokemon is KO'ed}
PT- "Oh no! My Squirtle was just spiked! How can I live with myself!?" {walks the the end of the stage, leans over, falls to his demise (leap-of-faith, suicide style)}
{...is reborn in the background from an angelic platform}

Repryx

Smash Champion
{Pokemon is KO'ed}
PT- "Oh no! My Squirtle was just spiked! How can I live with myself!?" {walks the the end of the stage, leans over, falls to his demise (leap-of-faith, suicide style)}
{...is reborn in the background from an angelic platform}
Lolz Random and Anti-Childrens game

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm really not doubting anything anymore. Sakurai putting in the most rediculous idea for a character in Smash just opens the doors for... just about literally anyone. Animal Crossing Boy/Girl? Definitely possible. Olimar? Hey, why not? Epona? At this point I wouldn't doubt it.

I just wonder how the trainer is going to be jumping around in the single player modes? Like where's he going to be in Break The Targets? How's he going to follow the moving stages? Can he fall off and die?

Can Charizard fly!? (ZOMG! IS HE GOING TO BE OUR ANSWER TO RIDLEY IF RIDLEY DOESN'T MAKE IT!?) How is Ivysaur, a quadrapedal character, going to play in comparison to the bipedal characters we're so used to!? Squirtle!?... Well, I guess I don't have that many questions for Squirtle...

But just think, a light character, to a medium weight character, to a heavy (possibly with a 5-jump) character... insanity!!!

I'm so stoked on this character more than anyone. Sakurai, this is the best week ever, even if give us 4 Banana Peels the rest of this week.
I would call Olimar almost a shoo-in, frankly. I'm still holding out for Nook or Totakeke to be the AC rep (especially the latter!), but the Villager does stand a good chance in light of today's shocker of an update.

My guess is that a Pidgeotto or Pidgeot will carry him to the next platform, in keeping with the first-gen theme and the allusion to Ash.

I think Charizard will glide like Meta Knight, but probably not fly. Same as Ridley; I see the Charizard of today as a precursor to the Ridley of the future. As for Ivysaur, think the same quadripedal movement as Pikachu. ;)

If we get a Diddy Dixie combo I will cry.
Grab a box of Kleenex just in case; when presented with the idea, Sakurai responded VERY enthusiastically. Even though Diddy was the requested character, the suggestion went over quite well and may come to pass in the final game. We'll have to wait and see, because Diddy--alone or with Dixie--will undoubtedly be a hidden character.

EDIT: lol. Dyce, I actually had that same exact thought (big surprise!), but I opted not to post it. Proof that, once again, we function on the same wavelength.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I would call Olimar almost a shoo-in, frankly. I'm still holding out for Nook or Totakeke to be the AC rep (especially the latter!), but the Villager does stand a good chance in light of today's shocker of an update.

My guess is that a Pidgeotto or Pidgeot will carry him to the next platform, in keeping with the first-gen theme and the allusion to Ash.

I think Charizard will glide like Meta Knight, but probably not fly. Same as Ridley; I see the Charizard of today as a precursor to the Ridley of the future. As for Ivysaur, think the same quadripedal movement as Pikachu. ;)

EDIT: lol. Dyce, I actually had that same exact thought (big surprise!), but I opted not to post it. Proof that, once again, we function on the same wavelength.
1) I've been praying for Olimar too, I think he'd be a good addition.
2) Most Wanted: Totakeke (K.K. Slider) > Tom Nook > Villager
Best Possible Chance (post PT update): Villager > Tom Nook/Totakeke (K.K. Slider)
3) Good idea with the Pidgeotto. I was thinking maybe a similar machine to what the photographer used in Pokemon Snap to get around, only way smaller and with the ability to hover (forgot the kid's name, forgot the machine's name; sue me, it's been years since I last played)
4) I hope you're right about Charizard being the Ridley precursor. I don't see how it wouldn't be possible now. And though Pikachu could be considered quadrupedal, it also could be considered more along the lines of a "switch hitter", altering it's stance from quadrupedal to bipedal like a bear or monkey (I think there's a scientific term for it, but I don't know it and couldn't find it on the webbernet :p).
7) I forgot how to count.
5) What was the thought that I had that was exactly like yours? I had a lot of thoughts since I saw that update, it's hard to keep track of them all anymore!

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know about how many characters they are putting in ssbb, i hop they put atleast like 35+ because it makes it more fun to try to build a strategy for each char. they better at least put sonic in this game, i could not live with myself if they didn't, oh and aeris are you in touch with Sakurai, if so give him tell him if they would need more ideas for attacks for sonic to put him in, to go to vglan.com and look at the series super mario bros. z. the creater of this has put in several moves that are not seen in any game.

Oh i hope they dont get arid of luigi, he's my hero, also, what about waluigi, they could put him in....... maybe...... i am not quit sure what he would be able to do. i just want more classic nintendo char.'s in.

maybe a secret char. could be like mallow or geno for smrpg. that would be so cool.

Repryx

Smash Champion
does anyone know about how many characters they are putting in ssbb, i hop they put atleast like 35+ because it makes it more fun to try to build a strategy for each char. they better at least put sonic in this game, i could not live with myself if they didn't, oh and aeris are you in touch with Sakurai, if so give him tell him if they would need more ideas for attacks for sonic to put him in, to go to vglan.com and look at the series super mario bros. z. the creater of this has put in several moves that are not seen in any game.

Oh i hope they dont get arid of luigi, he's my hero, also, what about waluigi, they could put him in....... maybe...... i am not quit sure what he would be able to do. i just want more classic nintendo char.'s in.

maybe a secret char. could be like mallow or geno for smrpg. that would be so cool.

Im gonna Kick you very soon For asking that question and the statements following it

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Glad to see Dyce supporting the online pettition.
Glad to see Aeris is on the same wave length, more support, you better have signed it!
Who's to say Ash won't be an altern costume?
I'm hoping for downloadable future additions. via online preferably.

My thoughts on how to "expand" smash bros even more...

1. The debate about Sheik: Zelda is now in TP form and in this form it would be (needless to say) wrong if she still equiped the ability to transform like her OoT self. Chances are she will have other usefull tactics and be re-made to possibly not have Naru's Love ect...(though we know Din's Fire is a go). If in the character selection list, different costumes had effects on the character, this would work well. 4 colour variations for TP Zelda and 4 for OoT Zelda in the same char space. The OoT turns into Sheik and the TP has possesion of more TP powers (though she did not have many)

Just a thought and a bad example lol...elaberate if you understand but can clear it up...

2. With this character, there may be more transformables in the mix considering they seem to like the idea as carried over and "advanced" slightly. This could open possibility for a Diddy/Dixie barrel change mid battle. Or Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario. But Shadow Mario would probably have a limit in time, not stamina but rather a build, like Wario Waft (which also opens more than we seem to think).

3. Olimar was never really a doubt in my mind...Mario Link Samus all made by the same guy. AC character I think would be called something similar to Smashkid...I don't know why I like it, it just fits.

4. What I want to know is what OTHER changes do they have...so far
- Final Smashes
- Transform (Previously Zelda now PT)
- Time limits of different types (Wario Waft/Giga Bowser)
- Stamina factor (Pokemon)
- FS char change (Samus/Zamus)
- Weapon change (Zamus/Pit)
- Duo (Previously IC's, possible IC's return)

Those are general...SPECIFICS
- Yoshi arial UpB gives distance
- Yoshi new >B SM (asuming now that Wario Chopper arrived)
- Crawling and FSJump (Only select characters but only few known)
- Link no bounce with Dair (Possibly confirming a second Link)
- Mario Fair like Docs (excludes Doc)
- Ike addition as starter and HW (Chances are excludes Roy)
- Wario framing movement (possibly excludes G&W, maybe 2 cut framers won't be bad though)
- Items, ATs and films confirm some Characters

Others are there too, can't think off the top of my head... This game has EVOLVED into something that will live forever

ONLINE FOR THE FINAL SHOCK!!!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I just read the update...

I don't know what to say...

That is the last character I would have EVER expected...

This does wonders for the Animal Crossing Boy/Girl's chances.
Dyce! Where have you been all day? About time you got here! And check your PMs, I sent you a link to a story I'm writing...

If Brawl is Internet-enabled, I so wanna play you.

Anyway, back to what you said...I hope you're right about the AC character...

Epona, LOL. Link on Epona. Kick@$$!
Yeah, I have many questions about the trainer's movement as well...

If we get a Diddy Dixie combo I will cry.
LOL, why?

He'll probably use Earthquake for his Down Special. Thunder would be useful, though, because Ivysaur could use the move and continue around the stage without flinching or having to wait for the attack to finish: Grass resists Electric. :lick:

Grammatical note: it's "series". Just "series", no apostrophe required. Yes, the singular is the plural as well. You're creating a possessive form unnecessarily. :p

Agreed about IC and G&W. It would truly be a shame to lose either character to the fleeting passions of the general populace. Curse you, silly factions! /madisonianoutburst

I know! I was so shocked, but I'm really glad that Sakurai did this. It frees up space on the roster by combining three, maybe four (if a legendary makes the FS--Mewtwo, anyone?) Pokémon into one character, while also satisfying fans of the series by including so many different characters already with more surely on the way.

My thoughts exactly! Same brain, WHATWHAT. :chuckle: I don't see Charizard flying, however, but gliding instead, much like Meta Knight. Charizard probably won't flinch much, either, due to his bulk.

Grammar freak! JK, me too, kinda.

No comment on anything about Pokémon technicalities ("Grass resists Electric" is what I mean here...). However, I will comment about the PT's KOd Pokémon: I think the Pokémon in question will respawn just like normal, but have low stamina; you will have to switch Pokémon until it regains enough stamina to be used again.

Grab a box of Kleenex just in case; when presented with the idea, Sakurai responded VERY enthusiastically. Even though Diddy was the requested character, the suggestion went over quite well and may come to pass in the final game. We'll have to wait and see, because Diddy--alone or with Dixie--will undoubtedly be a hidden character.

What's K. K. gonna do? Bash people with his guitar? (Actually, I'd love to see that...the image of K. K. repeatedly smashing Wario on the head with his now broken and in-splinters guitar is almost as good as the one of WL ripping Peach's heart out like a Poe's Soul...) But I doubt it'll be K. K. if it's anyone. Not to sound like a broken record, but he is much more prominent than Tom Nook, as he plays a live concert on Saturday nights at eight. What're they gonna do? Put up a big sign that said K. K. was sick? (Actually, that might work...if it weren't for the fact that they were watching him bash Wario on the head with his broken and in-splinters guitar...)

I'm guessing the Pokémon you mentioned are, like, birds or something? Like I said, I have virtually no knowledge of Pokémon.

It just seems to me that it would be weird for someone comparable with Bowser would glide like someone comparable only with Kirby.

With Diddy's appearance in MSC (Mario Strikers Charged), it seems a bit likelier that the little monkey will appear in Brawl. With or without Dixie, who knows? If he's in, though, he'll be secret, without a doubt. He was secret in MSC, wasn't he?

About stamina: how will they show that? Will the Pokémon just start moving slower, or will there be a little stamina bar? I really wanna see what happens when the Pokémon get exhausted...

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna Kick you very soon For asking that question and the statements following it
hahaha, i am afraid to ask why, i am guessing you guys have already discussed this. anyway.....(man im going to get killed for saying this)........why are all of you still into pokemon, i mean shouldn't you be interested in other stuff, i dont know you guys are alright i guess i should probobly just kick myself.......pain......anyway does anyone know if there will be wavedashing, i dont really know how you are going to be able to do it with the wii romote on its side and not with the num chuck. lol

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
hahaha, i am afraid to ask why, i am guessing you guys have already discussed this. anyway.....(man im going to get killed for saying this)........why are all of you still into pokemon, i mean shouldn't you be interested in other stuff, i dont know you guys are alright i guess i should probobly just kick myself.......pain......anyway does anyone know if there will be wavedashing, i dont really know how you are going to be able to do it with the wii romote on its side and not with the num chuck. lol
You're not gonna get killed; we let n00bs off easy. Instead, I'm just gonna eat you.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
You're not gonna get killed; we let n00bs off easy. Instead, I'm just gonna eat you. And there's a whole topic about WDing in Brawl.

Whoops, double post. Sorry, everyone!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Just use the GC controller lol
nOObs use the wiimote
And POKEMON ROCKS! jk
Seriously though, I memorized the first 150 then haven't seen a thing since.

You're not gonna get killed; we let n00bs off easy. Instead, I'm just gonna eat you. And there's a whole topic about WDing in Brawl.

Whoops, double post. Sorry, everyone!
Don't worry, we'll eat THeroe for this RRRRRRR!!!!!

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
nOObs use the wiimote
And POKEMON ROCKS! jk
Me to, i learned the first 150 and desited that the rest of the 4 billion other could ****************** lol, i was going to use the game cube controller anyway, the others sound like they are crap to use, plus i like the feel of the game cube controller.

I just thought i would send out the questions i was wondering, oh and for those of you who want to eat me, just because i am a frog, i do not taste like chicken, i taste like crap, trust me, i should know.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1) I've been praying for Olimar too, I think he'd be a good addition.
2) Most Wanted: Totakeke (K.K. Slider) > Tom Nook > Villager
Best Possible Chance (post PT update): Villager > Tom Nook/Totakeke (K.K. Slider)
3) Good idea with the Pidgeotto. I was thinking maybe a similar machine to what the photographer used in Pokemon Snap to get around, only way smaller and with the ability to hover (forgot the kid's name, forgot the machine's name; sue me, it's been years since I last played)
4) I hope you're right about Charizard being the Ridley precursor. I don't see how it wouldn't be possible now. And though Pikachu could be considered quadrupedal, it also could be considered more along the lines of a "switch hitter", altering it's stance from quadrupedal to bipedal like a bear or monkey (I think there's a scientific term for it, but I don't know it and couldn't find it on the webbernet :p).
7) I forgot how to count.
5) What was the thought that I had that was exactly like yours? I had a lot of thoughts since I saw that update, it's hard to keep track of them all anymore!
Your list of desired AC characters is the same as mine, order and all. Glad you liked my Pidgeotto idea. The guy you're thinking of is Todd, but I can't recall the name of his machine. Haha, and the same idea we had was the PT committing suicide when his Pokémon is KO'ed. :chuckle:

Grammar freak! JK, me too, kinda.

No comment on anything about Pokémon technicalities ("Grass resists Electric" is what I mean here...). However, I will comment about the PT's KOd Pokémon: I think the Pokémon in question will respawn just like normal, but have low stamina; you will have to switch Pokémon until it regains enough stamina to be used again.

What's K. K. gonna do? Bash people with his guitar? (Actually, I'd love to see that...the image of K. K. repeatedly smashing Wario on the head with his now broken and in-splinters guitar is almost as good as the one of WL ripping Peach's heart out like a Poe's Soul...) But I doubt it'll be K. K. if it's anyone. Not to sound like a broken record, but he is much more prominent than Tom Nook, as he plays a live concert on Saturday nights at eight. What're they gonna do? Put up a big sign that said K. K. was sick? (Actually, that might work...if it weren't for the fact that they were watching him bash Wario on the head with his broken and in-splinters guitar...)

I'm guessing the Pokémon you mentioned are, like, birds or something? Like I said, I have virtually no knowledge of Pokémon.

It just seems to me that it would be weird for someone comparable with Bowser would glide like someone comparable only with Kirby.

With Diddy's appearance in MSC (Mario Strikers Charged), it seems a bit likelier that the little monkey will appear in Brawl. With or without Dixie, who knows? If he's in, though, he'll be secret, without a doubt. He was secret in MSC, wasn't he?

About stamina: how will they show that? Will the Pokémon just start moving slower, or will there be a little stamina bar? I really wanna see what happens when the Pokémon get exhausted...
Yeah, grammar freak and proud of it! :grin:

On the issue of stamina: your idea is similar to mine, so I can agree with it. I don't think that there will be a bar, however. I figure that the tired monster will simply become sluggish and maybe give a few expressions of exhaustion.

Totakeke would most certainly bash opponents with his guitar! Maybe he could play certain songs and unleash some interesting attacks. For example, by playing "Señor K.K.", Totakeke summons a festival of sombrero-wearing animals to samba the night away to the mariachi music. :chuckle:

Pidgeotto and Pidgeot are both birds, correct. I suppose that Charizard is comparable to Bowser, but Charizard has something that Bowser lacks: wings! If Bowser had wings, I doubt he would fly. Thus, I think that Charizard is better suited for gliding. I mean, think about it: no matter how slow and heavy he is, a creature as powerful as Charizard with such a great recovery would be crazy broken unless he would get tired very quickly.

Diddy was a secret in MSC, yes. His appearance in that game won' t secure him a spot in Brawl, necessarily; his insane popularity and high placement on Sakurai's poll, however, will certainly do the trick.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Oh my god... did you take a look at today's update? Yesterday, I was all excited, and now...

I mean, it seems like a pretty interesting idea, but... come on! Not only is it a character that practically no one outside of Japan has ever heard about, but then he does something silly as that...

I mean, look at him! He just looks so... so...

...silly? I can't find another word...

Let's hope some of you others are more enthusiastic about this update, because I'm not.
:(

JPW

Smash Ace
i know i'm probably going back and forth with this lately. But now i'm actually convinced that there could be up to 40 characters.
And we could start off with 20 characters. And unlock the other 20.

I'm starting to understand and I believe what he is showing us is what's available from the start, and I feel he'll do that until December 3rd. Then he'll give us the unlockables and secrets week after week.

Cause when you think about it there are 4 possible veterans from the melee starting roster that need to be updated. Falcon, Peach, Ice Climbers, Ness.
And either 1 or 2 more newcomers to come depending on whether or not you want to get technical with ZSS and Samus. Ireally reckon we could see someone from Animal Crossing.

Cause it looks like each character that is starting off is going to have their own stage with them.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
nOObs use the wiimote
And POKEMON ROCKS! jk

Don't worry, we'll eat THeroe for this RRRRRRR!!!!!
Oh nose!

Your list of desired AC characters is the same as mine, order and all. Glad you liked my Pidgeotto idea. The guy you're thinking of is Todd, but I can't recall the name of his machine. Haha, and the same idea we had was the PT committing suicide when his Pokémon is KO'ed. :chuckle:

Yeah, grammar freak and proud of it! :grin:

On the issue of stamina: your idea is similar to mine, so I can agree with it. I don't think that there will be a bar, however. I figure that the tired monster will simply become sluggish and maybe give a few expressions of exhaustion.

Totakeke would most certainly bash opponents with his guitar! Maybe he could play certain songs and unleash some interesting attacks. For example, by playing "Señor K.K.", Totakeke summons a festival of sombrero-wearing animals to samba the night away to the mariachi music. :chuckle:

Pidgeotto and Pidgeot are both birds, correct. I suppose that Charizard is comparable to Bowser, but Charizard has something that Bowser lacks: wings! If Bowser had wings, I doubt he would fly. Thus, I think that Charizard is better suited for gliding. I mean, think about it: no matter how slow and heavy he is, a creature as powerful as Charizard with such a great recovery would be crazy broken unless he would get tired very quickly.

Diddy was a secret in MSC, yes. His appearance in that game won' t secure him a spot in Brawl, necessarily; his insane popularity and high placement on Sakurai's poll, however, will certainly do the trick.
Sweet. We agree.

Oh my god... did you take a look at today's update? Yesterday, I was all excited, and now...

I mean, it seems like a pretty interesting idea, but... come on! Not only is it a character that practically no one outside of Japan has ever heard about, but then he does something silly as that...

I mean, look at him! He just looks so... so...

...silly? I can't find another word...

Let's hope some of you others are more enthusiastic about this update, because I'm not.
:(
I like it.

Sorry for not posting more, but I'm really tired, and I'm therefore off to bed.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i thought todays update was bullsh**. i mean he looked cool n all, then i scrolled down a bit n saw that he moves the camera angle. well, maybe not the camera angle, but he pushes off everyone. wut the hell Sakurai? you said yourself it doesnt assist...then again there was that one thing Togepi did in Melee...

oh n i only put this in the Pokemon Poll, but imma put it here so maybe some people could respond to it (i refuse to have wasted my time for the Pokemon Trainer with only a few people saying something about it, i wouldnt even care if people argued with me saying it was a stupid idea (although i think its a bit strange). i'll keep putting it up if i dont get alot, so be prepared if u wanna ignore it)
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2730414&postcount=2652

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Aeris, I thought it was series, but I didn't actually sleep last night (I was playing a ridiculously amazing game of Italian origins called "Bang!"), so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit off my game. Also, did I hear someone call out "Grammar freaks, ASSEMBLE!!"? Cause I was going to respond with "Form of... a dangling participle!" but then I realized that I had no other Wonder Twin. And even worse, I'm mixing DC and Marvel references. I really must be tired.

TH, don't fill up too much on n00bs, just in case any of the Mods remember this thread exists and come for our souls.

And for the record, Olimar is in or my name is Andy McSucksatpredictions.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I'm obviously late with this, but who else thinks the Pokemon trianer idea sucks?

GOnna' be so gay to play as him.

Everyone is going to choose one character to use out of the pokemon, unless Sakurai did an amazing job at balancing them.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i think its cool, sh** i even had a few ideas for him:http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2730414&postcount=2652
its basically Sheik and Zelda extended IMO. also it looks to me that Squirtle is light, Ivysaur is moderate, Charizard is heavy. i think its unique anywayz...
oh and i dont think everyone is only going to use one character, they have that gay stamina thing along with them. thats the only thing i see as queer...

Repryx

Smash Champion
SO do you think its a possibility of his rival being included? Maybe theyll have a makeout scene in SE

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris, I thought it was series, but I didn't actually sleep last night (I was playing a ridiculously amazing game of Italian origins called "Bang!"), so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit off my game. Also, did I hear someone call out "Grammar freaks, ASSEMBLE!!"? Cause I was going to respond with "Form of... a dangling participle!" but then I realized that I had no other Wonder Twin. And even worse, I'm mixing DC and Marvel references. I really must be tired.

TH, don't fill up too much on n00bs, just in case any of the Mods remember this thread exists and come for our souls.

And for the record, Olimar is in or my name is Andy McSucksatpredictions.
Oooh, ooh! Pick me, pick me! I wanna be a Wonder Twin! "Form of... a copula!" Or an ice menorah (kudos if you get that reference!).

Olimar is in, I don't think that you have to worry about it. My only "offbeat" character choice--Skapon--has a decent chance, especially since he appeared more than once on Sakurai's published poll and also because he has piqued Sakurai's interest. The other three three that I'm really pulling for--Toad, Little Mac, and Midna--all have fairly good chances of showing up on the playable roster. Mike Jones would be nice, but I just don't see it happening. :(

Cloud5

Smash Rookie
o ye toad would be a good char for brawl only bcs he is in pretty much everything that mario char are in. i call for toad!

Cloud5

Smash Rookie
i am totally late for all of this so i'm gonna throw stuff out, i want to pick a trainer for pokemon only bcs i'm a pretty big pokemon fan. <.<

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
There's one thing I'm hoping when using the Pokémon Trainer, and that's that he better speaks in a cool English voice.

I also hope that he shouts out certain things when his Pokémon are about to do certain stuff, such as:

'Squirtle. go!'

'Flamethrower!'

'All right!' (when one of his P. has made a smash attack)

Or something like that. It doesn't have to be every time they're doing something, would be pretty stupid if he shouts 'Water Gun' every time Squirtle uses that attack.

But if he did it every now and then, that would be nice!

That I'm expecting Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to speak in normal Pokémon voices goes without saying.

Besides, I like the idea that different costumes make him look like trainers from various Pokémon games, hopefully female ones as well. Although, they would have to use a second voice actor for the female ones...

But I don't believe that the Pokémon will change just because his costume changes (I read about that idea before, can't remember where). That would make no sense to me!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
lol i wouldn't hope he shouted out things when the pokemon are about to do stuff. if so the other person knows wats bout to bout to happen.

hmmmm i jus thought bout somethin, not sure if someone already pointed it out though. so when red or whoever it is (not a pokemon fan) chooses the new pokemon there most likely some lag as to when he comes out. so dats like a lil free hit. and another thing is can u jus switch pokemon like to dodge an attack or somethin, or would it be like u need a lil bit of time without gettin hit. ex: about as long as zeldas transformation to shiek

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
There's one thing I'm hoping when using the Pokémon Trainer, and that's that he better speaks in a cool English voice.

I also hope that he shouts out certain things when his Pokémon are about to do certain stuff, such as:

'Squirtle. go!'

'Flamethrower!'

'All right!' (when one of his P. has made a smash attack)

Or something like that. It doesn't have to be every time they're doing something, would be pretty stupid if he shouts 'Water Gun' every time Squirtle uses that attack.

But if he did it every now and then, that would be nice!

That I'm expecting Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard to speak in normal Pokémon voices goes without saying.

Besides, I like the idea that different costumes make him look like trainers from various Pokémon games, hopefully female ones as well. Although, they would have to use a second voice actor for the female ones...

But I don't believe that the Pokémon will change just because his costume changes (I read about that idea before, can't remember where). That would make no sense to me!
I would definitely like to see some English voice acting in Brawl. Getting voices for the creatures would be easy enough, but finding voices for the characters--regardless of the series--would probably be more difficult. It will be interesting to see whether or not they breathe life into Pit by giving him an English voice actor (I would love to do that!).

I think that a female PT as an alternate costume is a great idea AND a viable possibility. It wouldn't seem fair to deny girls the right to demonstrate their Poképrowess with a character of their own gender.

lol i wouldn't hope he shouted out things when the pokemon are about to do stuff. if so the other person knows wats bout to bout to happen.

hmmmm i jus thought bout somethin, not sure if someone already pointed it out though. so when red or whoever it is (not a pokemon fan) chooses the new pokemon there most likely some lag as to when he comes out. so dats like a lil free hit. and another thing is can u jus switch pokemon like to dodge an attack or somethin, or would it be like u need a lil bit of time without gettin hit. ex: about as long as zeldas transformation to shiek
Haha, agreed about the first point. Shouting out attack names would ruin the whole "surprise" factor and high-energy aspect of Smash because the opponent would know exactly what you're up to.

I think that the Pokéswitch will work differently than Zelda's transformation. This character swap will negate attacks once the switch is initiated, with "grace periods" at the beginning and end of the process.

Oh my gosh, I thought The Devil was a new character, not just an assist trophy.
Haha, thankfully not! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom