• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this is out of context, as i didnt bother reading the whole thread (all 467 pages of it), but ARE YOU EFFING ****TING ME? POKEMON TRAINER??!!

That is the coolest **** thing I could have imagined. Charizard won his spot. pkmn Trainer FTW.

thanks for tolerating me and my caps. im done now.

M.K

Level 55
Ivysaur...awesome. Him, Squirtle, and Charizard really make a good team. Imagine...having an ALL SQUIRTLE FREE FOR ALL!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh, I thought it might have been you that complimented me for using a low-tier character...who do you use, BTW?
I'm certainly glad that you can work well with a low-tier character--kudos to you! I'm just a fan of neither YL nor WWL.

I play Peach, of course! :grin: Why else would I be so intent on getting the Peach update on the Dojo as soon as humanly (or inhumanly) possible? As of Brawl, though, I'll definitely be testing every single one of the characters, new and old; I'll be maining both Peach and Pit from the start, and I'm really interested in PT.

(What is it with me and "P" characters?)

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur...awesome. Him, Squirtle, and Charizard really make a good team. Imagine...having an ALL SQUIRTLE FREE FOR ALL!

Haha yeah and you can keep changing the pokemon at the exact same times, cuz if you stick with squirtle it'll die from exhaustion and animal rights groups would mount your head on their wall. Gotta remember those important details :p

Man having a lot of pokemon trainers fighting together could get confusing.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I'm certainly glad that you can work well with a low-tier character--kudos to you! I'm just a fan of neither YL nor WWL.

I play Peach, of course! :grin: Why else would I be so intent on getting the Peach update on the Dojo as soon as humanly (or inhumanly) possible? As of Brawl, though, I'll definitely be testing every single one of the characters, new and old; I'll be maining both Peach and Pit from the start, and I'm really interested in PT.

(What is it with me and "P" characters?)
Yeah, well, I only use the swordsmen. Link, YL, Roy...And I'm definitely be trying everyone as well, but I just know I'll be maining Link and MK, or if he's secret, Pit. Swordsmen FTW!

Actually, I probably won't play Ike too much. But still. He has a sword and he has blue hair. Okay in my book.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
nooo!!! I want proof! getting rid of the Ice Climbers is so ********! if anything they should get rid of Young Link, Pichu, Roy and Dr. Mario! But why the Ice Climbers! and G&W was awesome too!!

AAGH!! Ive never used so many exclamation marks in one post before....yea Im going back to my "..."-ness

and about Pokemon Trainer...I can't wait to try him out...I've supported Bulbasaur and Ivysaur is even better! and we can now use Charizard and Squirtle...all the better...hopefully as an alt. costume/color/thingy, we can use their shiny forms...Black Charizard FTW!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
nooo!!! I want proof! getting rid of the Ice Climbers is so ********! if anything they should get rid of Young Link, Pichu, Roy and Dr. Mario! But why the Ice Climbers! and G&W was awesome too!!

AAGH!! Ive never used so many exclamation marks in one post before....yea Im going back to my "..."-ness
I'm afraid I have to disagree. ICs and G&W should definitely go. Pichu, Doc, and Roy too. But as I main YL...he must stay.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Omg its a new character, Pokemon trainer(Red).I think he is probably going to be very odd to play, but playing as Charizard will be awesome, i might main this guy if he turns out good

Repryx

Smash Champion
So If the Trainer Loses does Money come out after He Faints Thn someone Drags him to a Pokemon center???

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^haha funny

I'm afraid I have to disagree. ICs and G&W should definitely go. Pichu, Doc, and Roy too. But as I main YL...he must stay.
definetly have to agree with you expect I think Young Link should go or be replaced by WW Link or someone from the Zelda Series like Midna, Skull Kid, etc... as for Game&Watch I really liked him because of his own moveset and is unique appearance,so I wouldn't mind him returning, but i also wouldn't miss him to much if he got cut

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lo Siento Senor Yo No Hable Ingles..

You Know How the Trainer Loses in the Game? He Faints and the person that beats you takes half of your money and drags you to a Pokemon Center...(Play Pokemon Blue)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^haha funny

definetly have to agree with you expect I think Young Link should go or be replaced by WW Link or someone from the Zelda Series like Midna, Skull Kid, etc... as for Game&Watch I really liked him because of his own moveset and is unique appearance,so I wouldn't mind him returning, but i also wouldn't miss him to much if he got cut
Well, yeah. Not YL as such...WWL instead. I don't want Midna unless she has WL with her. I don't want the Skull Kid as a PC, either. AT, sure.

I liked G&W for the same reason, and I don't mind him going either. I also wouldn't mind if he stayed, though.

OmegaXXII

good game btw, but yea that game is so classic when he whited out after losing, but I am wondring how RED's final smash is gonna be like

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Nice allusion to the Nook counterargument. In this best of all possible worlds (note: I'm nerdy), it seems that one character has helped improve the possibility of another. :grin:

The only reason I related Ivysaur and Pikachu is because they are both quadripeds. The better choice would probably be saying that Ivysaur would be comparable to Wario whilst crawling.

Ohh, I'm so excited for my promotion! Note that I WAS hoping for a newcomer this week, albeit a different one than revealed.

I am equally intrigued by the new character. I really hope that Sakurai reveals some more details on this character ASAP.

(And let the record show that I'm still holding out for Peach this week, however unrealistic :grin:).
Thank you kindly, sir. I decided since I initially came down fairly hard against the whole TomNook/background idea (not the overall idea of him being included; I just didn't think it was likely), I should probably swallow my pride and admit it.
I get the Pika/Ivy thing now. I guess that means I shouldn't demand to know how Ivy was going to pull off Thunder, then...

I gotta say, I honestly think this whole removal of G&W and IC's thing is bull. I mean, its been discussed several times in this thread alone, and I've never once seen a source, and it's almost always been claimed by people who didn't like one or the other of the two characters.
Plus, let's face it, we're not going to lose two original characters which are the sole representatives of their series's (?? dangit, Sensai, you've still got me paranoid about my grammar :p), and keep any clones. It just makes no sense. Sure, they could give the clones a unique moveset, but Mr. G&W and the IC's already have a unique moveset.
Not only that but removing older characters like the IC's and G&W (Nintendo's first character) completely, while leaving in so many new and, let's face it, relatively unestablished characters (such as Fire Emblem, the Zero Suit version of Samus, Shiek, and about half of people's character suggestions) will piss off nearly every respectable gamer old enough to know who those characters were before Melee.

Of course, I don't mean that as a criticism against those who like clones (Y.Link folks :p) or less established characters (Sheik fans :p). I just mean that Sakurai, if he has a half a of a brain (which he does, right? He just punked us with Poke Trainer), he'll be considering the history behind the characters. Also I mean to say that people have been saying that IC's and G&W, as well as Sheik, were out (with varying degrees of supposed documentation) since the first trailer was shown. I'll believe it when the game comes out or it shows up on the official site, and not before.

P.S. Twilight, I did get your PM's, I'm just ridiculously slow at replying to those things. I am definetely a Zelda fan, and I'll certainly check out the fan-fic when I get a chance.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Lo Siento Senor Yo No Hable Ingles..

You Know How the Trainer Loses in the Game? He Faints and the person that beats you takes half of your money and drags you to a Pokemon Center...(Play Pokemon Blue)
No, I never played Pokémon Blue.

good game btw, but yea that game is so classic when he whited out after losing, but I am wondring how RED's final smash is gonna be like
You and everyone else here.

OmegaXXII

Well, yeah. Not YL as such...WWL instead. I don't want Midna unless she has WL with her. I don't want the Skull Kid as a PC, either. AT, sure.

I liked G&W for the same reason, and I don't mind him going either. I also wouldn't mind if he stayed, though.
we can probably expect to see them as AT's just like Samurai Goroh is, and for people who want IC's back, then I'll say f*ck them, they had a really crappy moveset, and I just hated thier lousy stage, so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to see them back if they are gonna be the same like in Melee, one exception though is if they got a completly good moveset

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
we can probably expect to see them as AT's just like Samurai Goroh is, and for people who want IC's back, then I'll say f*ck them, they had a really crappy moveset, and I just hated thier lousy stage, so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to see them back if they are gonna be the same like in Melee, one exception though is if they got a completly good moveset
No version of Link will be an AT, IMO. And I don't want the ICs back at all, unless, like you said, they have a better moveset. And their stage really, really sucked. NO MORE ICs!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Umm... GUYS WTF!!!!

IC's Ruled!!! They "were" the most inovative gang banging character in the game and deserve more credit than THAT ****!!!^^
Their MS wasn't "that" bad and they "will" have a better MS because that's the way games "evolve...they get ****ing "BETTER!" duh!!!

I admit though...Their stage ****ing sucked **** out of their own ***** all though...Look at Rumble Falls!!!
There you go!!! If the IC's return, (which they ****in better! SAKI DON'T LISTEN TO THESE FOOLS!) then they will have a "much" better stage...Mountain top or Ice berg or something...they're the only "artic" character so they have MANY options now that DK has retuned their crappy home...

IC's FTW!!! They're updated after Ness! Wait and see! Esskimoe Hatahz

P.S. I'm just joking around with all the POed stuff lol
So don't take my coments "too" seriously

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Umm... GUYS WTF!!!!

IC's Ruled!!! They "were" the most inovative gang banging character in the game and deserve more credit than THAT ****!!!^^
Their MS wasn't "that" bad and they "will" have a better MS because that's the way games "evolve...they get ****ing "BETTER!" duh!!!

I admit though...Their stage ****ing sucked **** out of their own ***** all though...Look at Rumble Falls!!!
There you go!!! If the IC's return, (which they ****in better! SAKI DON'T LISTEN TO THESE FOOLS!) then they will have a "much" better stage...Mountain top or Ice berg or something...they're the only "artic" character so they have MANY options now that DK has retuned their crappy home...

IC's FTW!!! They're updated after Ness! Wait and see! Esskimoe Hatahz

P.S. I'm just joking around with all the POed stuff lol
So don't take my coments "too" seriously

I'm pretty sure they did get the boot, though...

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
What is so bad about the Ice Climbers!!!! Their stage totally sucked, we agree on that, but as a character, they're awesome!

I think you just don't want ICs in Brawl because you're scared of them...heh heh heh...:laugh:

I think the ICs might get the boot and get replaced by another duo, but I don't think they sucked, no way!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
What is so bad about the Ice Climbers!!!! Their stage totally sucked, we agree on that, but as a character, they're awesome!

I think you just don't want ICs in Brawl because you're scared of them...heh heh heh...:laugh:

I think the ICs might get the boot and get replaced by another duo, but I don't think they sucked, no way!
No. They're not.

Look, we're never gonna agree on this. Drop it, okay?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
No, I agree with that, the idea should not be removed. However, they should have given the spot to a better duo.
Oh, I thought you didn't like the idea of a duo all together... Well in that case I agree with you somewhat.

I think a good duo would be Diddy + Dixie, but seeing as most people want Diddy as his own character, I doubt it...

EDIT:

Sonic and Tails? Donkey and Diddy? Bowser and Baby Bowser? The possibilities are endless...
Seeing as Bowser and Donkey are already confirmed, I doubt those. And I really doubt Sonic because I think most are going to want to play him by himself.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure Icy's might make an appearance soon, but what the hell is this?!! Y haven't they even done metaknight or snake yet? somethings fishy here.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
1. The only duo I can think of to replace The Amazing (lol had to say it) IC's is Bub and Bob...Diddy will be on his own cause he's iconic...Baby Mario Bros might work but Baby Mario would be a better pick probably by himself or (Like WL and Midna [I'm guessing Midna's on her own BTW]) on Baby Yoshi or something. Tails will not be in Brawl! That's kind of funny, I'm sure that was a joke though...And Bower Jr would be favoured by most as a "transformer" with Shadow Mario.

2. The IC's are great competitors in melee and who's to say they won't make them "easier" to master in Brawl...They weren't a "bad" character or anything.

3. They opened the doors in Smash Bros to new concepts more than any other character and they deserve a spot in this game just for putting so much into it. They actually do have "endless" possibilities for MSets ect...

4. If they had a better stage would you give them more respect? Cuase they will...Rumble Falls has re-tuned theirs to open it up for a sweet snowy ice stage. (They are the ONLY artic char so they have many options.)

5. Ice Climbers FTW!

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
hey wasup guys, i read a lot of the forums to catch up, but i think they should at least put 2 sonic characters in ssbb, sonic is obvios, the othe would be either tails, because he is an origanal char. for sonic, maybe knuckles because he and sonic fight so much, amy rose might make it because nintendo might want to put another girl in the game for the kiddies(boy that would suck) or they would put in shadow because he and sonic are arch rivals, but putting shadow in might be bad because he and sonic would have some of the same moves. a plus for shadow would be his final smash, which would obviosly be chaos blast. personaly i hope they put sonic and tails in ssbb because they are a lot different, and tails would have a lot of gadgets.

Oh, i read in another forum somewhere that people were wondering why the word mother was on the franklin badge, well it is because the franklin badge is a item you get in earthbound that deflects items and was called mother 2 in japan. the first mother was called earthbound zero in the U.S.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
hey wasup guys, i read a lot of the forums to catch up, but i think they should at least put 2 sonic characters in ssbb, sonic is obvios, the othe would be either tails, because he is an origanal char. for sonic, maybe knuckles because he and sonic fight so much, amy rose might make it because nintendo might want to put another girl in the game for the kiddies(boy that would suck) or they would put in shadow because he and sonic are arch rivals, but putting shadow in might be bad because he and sonic would have some of the same moves. a plus for shadow would be his final smash, which would obviosly be chaos blast. personaly i hope they put sonic and tails in ssbb because they are a lot different, and tails would have a lot of gadgets.

Oh, i read in another forum somewhere that people were wondering why the word mother was on the franklin badge, well it is because the franklin badge is a item you get in earthbound that deflects items and was called mother 2 in japan. the first mother was called earthbound zero in the U.S.
lol you did miss alot! jk
Seriously though, wrong thread for Sonic...jk
The Sonic thread is FULL of spam cause they have nothing to talk about lol. I'm part of the nothingness too. :cry:
Tails...nah! AT "maybe"
Yeah...if you are a Ness/Lucas fan...what do you think about Ness staying in and Lucas joining him. There are lots of Move Sets (MS just so you know) to go around for these pshykids and he could take some of Mewtwo's attacks...hypnosis, Brainshock as confusion, PSI Rockin/love, teleport even, ect...Open Mewtwo up more too.

Ness will be confirmed NEXT AMONG VETS!

Mario will be the first one I try. He usually is the "center" of the game in terms of "feel" for it!

Edit: xxDycexx: I'd call the AC char "Smashkid" it has a nice ring and fits with the stage!

Edit: glad the Dynamasters love META KNIGHT!!!! lol
Seriously though, I almost cried when he wasn't in melee... :cry:

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox
for some reason i think that with Ash the thing will be
Squirtle - fast but weak
Ivysaur - balanced
Charizard - Strong But Slow (can fly)

Status
Not open for further replies.